Lollipop Chainsaw $ 9.99 + $2.28 Shipping @ gohastings

[quote name='nsxviper']Really? Just because some of you had a broken disc case? It's not like your game didn't work. Maybe someone should tell gohasting to put fragile in all their shipments.

$2.99 for a replacement case or find some crappy free Xbox game.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Standard-...4580792?pt=BI_Blank_Media&hash=item43acf586b8[/QUOTE]

I just bought a replacement case from there but not for Lollipop Chainsaw. My microsoftstore.com shipment came in for Borderlands 2 and Dishonored and my case of Dishonored was cracked at the bottom but the disc was fine thankfully.

fuck! tracking confirmed it was delivered to my place yesterday and i still havent received it.

fucking scumbags might be stealing my mail

For those complaining about the broken cases, I can sympathize. However, even though the packaging is blatantly insufficient, it's not all entirely gohasting's fault. The new Xbox 360 cases are absolutely pathetic. They're flimsy as paper and the grip in the center holds your discs too tightly and distributes pressure unevenly when you press on it, causing the discs to splinter in the middle.

I purchased about 50 of the original Xbox 360 cases that are more sturdy and don't split your discs up the middle like 2-dollar whores. I always replace my new 360 games with the older and infinitely better cases.

If you care about the longevity of your games, you should do the same.

I think I'm gonna make a video showing the differences between the cases. I hate to see people ending up with broken games like I have by using these cases that instead of protecting your games, actively cause them harm.

eBay. I found a guy selling a bunch of cases and manuals for old games like Madden 07 and Earth Defense Force. Payed like $20 for 60 cases. Just tossed the artwork and manuals and stored the cases for replacing the shitty ones that come with the new games.

Also, anytime I get a 360 game at a garage sale or something that has an older case, before I sell it, I switch it for a newer case and keep the older one for myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine today. As others have said, it came in a simple plastic envelope and the bottom corner was broken. The disc and "manual" appear to be fine though.

In case you were wondering, customer service can only offer a full refund if you contact them.

I also find it funny that within their return label instructions is the following note.

Package the item in the original container, if possible, using appropriate packing materials to keep it from breaking. If you do not still have the original container, use one suitable for shipping.

[quote name='AugustAPC']For those complaining about the broken cases, I can sympathize. However, even though the packaging is blatantly insufficient, it's not all entirely gohasting's fault. The new Xbox 360 cases are absolutely pathetic. They're flimsy as paper and the grip in the center holds your discs too tightly and distributes pressure unevenly when you press on it, causing the discs to splinter in the middle.

I purchased about 50 of the original Xbox 360 cases that are more sturdy and don't split your discs up the middle like 2-dollar whores. I always replace my new 360 games with the older and infinitely better cases.

If you care about the longevity of your games, you should do the same.

I think I'm gonna make a video showing the differences between the cases. I hate to see people ending up with broken games like I have by using these cases that instead of protecting your games, actively cause them harm.[/QUOTE]

I understand your reasoning, but the shipping package is pathetic, as you said. It costs approximately 10 cents when mass purchasing a bubble mailer. This means that 10 cents is more important to Hastings than a properly sent game.

That being said, mine arrived thankfully safe.

[quote name='Lonegunman718']mine came in simple plastic bag but no breakage. i wonder if its where you people live if the usps is just ruff with the mail.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a twofold problem.

USPS is harsh on mail period, but in some areas they seem to be more prone to damage things than in others.

The main part though is if GH uses better mailers to send their games they exponentially reduce the risk of USPS damage.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Thought I'd chime in - didn't have any problems. Came in a regular bubble mailer, new condition, arrived on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Woah, a bubble mailer! Must've sprung for the deluxe shipping...

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Got mine today. Like all the others, shipped in a cheap Mylar wrap. Thankfully no damage to it.[/QUOTE]

For a store named after a thousand year old settlement in the south of England, I'd say Mylar is pretty advanced for them.

I bought this at Best Buy a couple of months ago. I was nearly out the door when I noticed the case was chipped. I turned around and exchanged it for one in new condition. Coincidence? Or maybe a bunch of these were damaged at the factory, not at the Battle of goHastings?

The retailers inadvertently damage their products as well. At Fry's I noticed one game where all the copies had damaged box art along the spine. Employee said that they probably did it when they were cutting the shipping box open to unpack the games.

[quote name='Rango']fuck! tracking confirmed it was delivered to my place yesterday and i still havent received it.

fucking scumbags might be stealing my mail[/QUOTE]

Oh that sucks. Hope you catch the scumbags.

I live in a crappy neighborhood and the ups guy left the package by my door without even knocking. I heard the truck and opened the door and he was already driving away. Its the first time they ever did this.

[quote name='ISeeDeadPets']Oh that sucks. Hope you catch the scumbags.

I live in a crappy neighborhood and the ups guy left the package by my door without even knocking. I heard the truck and opened the door and he was already driving away. Its the first time they ever did this.[/QUOTE]

It's that time of year. It'll be that bad until after Christmas.

What's new for us is that we have a neighborhood cat that likes to sleep on our porch now for some reason, and our UPS driver is afraid of cats. My wife saw her through the window frozen at the foot of our porch stairs.

I live in a crappy neighborhood and the ups guy left the package by my door without even knocking. I heard the truck and opened the door and he was already driving away. Its the first time they ever did this.[/QUOTE]
That's pretty typical for UPS around here. From what I understand is that procedure for them is to make their deliveries as fast as possible to keep to a very strict schedule. This means that a lot of times they won't even spare the couple of seconds it takes to knock on a door.

Luckily I live in a good neighborhood where I'm not too worried about theft. But it always is a concern (especially Amazon packages since you know something good is going to be in there). Normally on days I'm expecting a package, I'm just hyper-aware of when the UPS, Fed Ex or other delivery guy and make sure I grab my package as soon as I can.

As a FedEx driver, there is no policy stating that we must ring a doorbell. Quite honestly I rarely do. Reasons why I don't: Obnoxious dogs barking and trying to get through the door, people sleeping (especially babies), etc. I pretty much only ring the bell if I need a signature.

[quote name='Angelwatch']That's pretty typical for UPS around here. From what I understand is that procedure for them is to make their deliveries as fast as possible to keep to a very strict schedule. This means that a lot of times they won't even spare the couple of seconds it takes to knock on a door.

Luckily I live in a good neighborhood where I'm not too worried about theft. But it always is a concern (especially Amazon packages since you know something good is going to be in there). Normally on days I'm expecting a package, I'm just hyper-aware of when the UPS, Fed Ex or other delivery guy and make sure I grab my package as soon as I can.[/QUOTE]

This deal is so dead now that it should join the cast of the Walking Dead.

Back on topic, I live in an apartment building and the delivery guys typically will drop off all packages at the office if I don't answer the door (which I never do since I'm sleeping). Only had one time where they've left a package; thankfully I was able to grab it before it vanished.

bread's done
Back