Lollipop Chainsaw Preorder TRU $44.99 w/ FS

D.Choy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Toys R Us.com has Lollipop Chainsaw up for preorder at a cool $44.99 with free shipping ($15 off MSRP) for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Different websites are giving off different dates for the release though. Amazon, Target, and Wikipedia = 4/24, TRU = 5/22, BB = 6/1, and GameStop = 8/1. I know for a fact that it has an official release of May 19th for Japan but WB hasn't announced a firm release date for United States so tread lightly. Signs obviously point to an April release date for the US though.

Lollipop Chainsaw now has an official release of June 12, 2012

Still, a decent price for a game that looks to be pretty fun. If you want those preorder codes you are out of luck if you choose to order from TRU. The preorder costumes are exclusive to Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop.

Link: http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=lollipop%20chainsaw&origkw=lollipop+chainsaw&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

----------

Also, recently there were some new anime inspired costumes announced for the game. If any of you watch anime and are fans of High School of the Dead, Deadman Wonderland, Is This a Zombie, or Manyu Hiken-Cho then this news will excite you! Screenshots of all the costumes can be found at the link below, thanks Rychy.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ool-the-dead-x-lollipop-chainsaw-illustration

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the review embargo is up in about 15 minutes? Not positive on that since it seems like a few reviews are already up. I want to know what IGN and Joystiq think of it. Seems like it's going to get some pretty positive reviews though overall.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Maybe they thought this would only sell a handful of copies and just today realized they hadn't made enough. :)[/QUOTE]

Though it sucks being in my position, I hope that really is the case.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I think the review embargo is up in about 15 minutes? Not positive on that since it seems like a few reviews are already up. I want to know what IGN and Joystiq think of it. Seems like it's going to get some pretty positive reviews though overall.[/QUOTE]

ive seen reviews from 4 to 9, so pick ur poison. google search lollipop chainsaw reviews should serve u well

[quote name='ShockandAww']I think the review embargo is up in about 15 minutes? Not positive on that since it seems like a few reviews are already up. I want to know what IGN and Joystiq think of it. Seems like it's going to get some pretty positive reviews though overall.[/QUOTE]

Joystiq and Gamespot for me knowing IGN is garbage. So far on gamerankings.com, nothing but 9s, one 6, and 1 out of 5 from a moron that has no idea what he's talking about.

I think I'll wait out for used copies of the game to show up at Gamestop so I can print that 20 dollar off for used game coupon they have as rewards and get it for less than 30. I'll get it on the PS3 and if I like it enough and it goes on sale some day, I'll get the 360 version.

A lot of comparisons of No More Heroes. I really don't expect much content from the game to be quite honest with you. A typical 6-8 hour game from Suda as always. Does anyone know if this has a new game plus? Shadows of the Damned needed one so bad. I was so disappointed that it didn't have a new game plus.

Anyone else see on Neogaf that someones copy came with a dlc card with codes for each of the retailer preorder outfits except for Ash? The person got it from Gamestop so got the Ash code on the receipt but then the game also had an insert for all the other retailer costumes.

Is this every new copy or did this guy get lucky?

Edit: and yeah I dont trust IGN anymore but I'm still always interested to see their scores.
Edit 2: Apparently the guy got lucky. There may be a sticker on the outside of some copies that says "includes four downloadable Juliet costumes"
Edit 3: The review embargo apparently is not lifting when I had read? I don't see any new reviews. Dammit.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='technicalstylez']ive seen reviews from 4 to 9, so pick ur poison. google search lollipop chainsaw reviews should serve u well[/QUOTE]
This seems like one of those games that people are gonna love the fuck out of, or really just hate it to death. Thus the huge swing in reviews. Also don't trust IGN. They gave God Hand a 3.0 and well God Hand is fucking awesome.

Copy should be arriving in 1 and a half to 2 hours. Can't wait. :D

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']God Hand is fucking awesome.[/QUOTE]

THIS. :D

It may be short, but it may be one of those games that I find myself going back to later on and playing it through again just for the hell of it cause I loved it so much. Like Heavenly Sword or Bayonetta.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']This seems like one of those games that people are gonna love the fuck out of, or really just hate it to death. Thus the huge swing in reviews. Also don't trust IGN. They gave God Hand a 3.0 and well God Hand is fucking awesome.

Copy should be arriving in 1 and a half to 2 hours. Can't wait. :D[/QUOTE]

I don't think you should judge a whole site just because one reviewer gave a bad score to a game you like. That reviewer doesn't even work at IGN anymore. You judge a site based on the averages, not the outliers.

I was interesed in this, till I read you can burn through it in 4-6 hours tops. if its that short, it should have been a psn download game, or a $40 game.. not a full $60 title.

We'll pick it up used or once the price falls. Our freind at best buy said today they only got in 4 copies for th xbox, and 2 for the ps3... thats doesn't bode well for it at all.

[quote name='TotalHenshin']I don't think you should judge a whole site just because one reviewer gave a bad score to a game you like. That reviewer doesn't even work at IGN anymore. You judge a site based on the averages, not the outliers.[/QUOTE]It's not just one reviewer, IGN sucks as a whole. I quit looking on IGN many months ago. For the record, I don't buy games based off what some reviewer says.

[quote name='Gareee']I was interesed in this, till I read you can burn through it in 4-6 hours tops. if its that short, it should have been a psn download game, or a $40 game.. not a full $60 title.[/QUOTE]
I haven't played it (yet), but I've read a lot of people say that the game has a lot of replayability, and replaying it is kind of the point.

Star Fox 64 takes 45 minutes to play through and it's one of the best games ever. Just saying.

[quote name='TotalHenshin']I don't think you should judge a whole site just because one reviewer gave a bad score to a game you like. That reviewer doesn't even work at IGN anymore. You judge a site based on the averages, not the outliers.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, IGN isn't a person.

Besides, God Hand is awful. That 3 was generous.

Ok, let's put this in perspective. Skyrim cost me the same $60.. and it has about 200 HOURS over gameplay content in it.

Lollipop Chainsaw has 4, and I should replay it over and over again to get my money's worth out of it?

I don't think so.

I don't mind paying $60 for a game when I get my moneys worth out of it, but I'll be damned if I'm paying $60 for a title with very little gameplay to it.

Maybe you are happy with the $15 an hour you'll be paying to play lollipop chainsaw, but like many, I'll put my money into games that have more meat to them.

If you want to base your decisions on cost per hour of gameplay, that's good for you. Not everyone thinks this way.

And a short campaign doesn't mean it has no meat to it.

[quote name='Gareee']Ok, let's put this in perspective. Skyrim cost me the same $60.. and it has about 200 HOURS over gameplay content in it.

Lollipop Chainsaw has 4, and I should replay it over and over again to get my money's worth out of it?

I don't think so.

I don't mind paying $60 for a game when I get my moneys worth out of it, but I'll be damned if I'm paying $60 for a title with very little gameplay to it.

Maybe you are happy with the $15 an hour you'll be paying to play lollipop chainsaw, but like many, I'll put my money into games that have more meat to them.[/QUOTE]

I forgot the longer the game the better it is.

Thanks for reminding me.

[quote name='confoosious']If you want to base your decisions on cost per hour of gameplay, that's good for you. Not everyone thinks this way.[/QUOTE]

And once again, confoosious is right.

Soooooo, has ANYONE else gotten a TRU shipping delay e-mail, or are we gonna bitch some more?

[quote name='Gareee']We'll see how fast this drops in price because of poor sales, shall we?[/QUOTE]

Another classy new a-hole to this site. Awesome.

[quote name='Gareee']We'll see how fast this drops in price because of poor sales, shall we?[/QUOTE]

I hope you aren't trying to say that sales reflect the quality of a game.

You seem to have problems understanding that how good a game is has nothing to do with how long it is or how well it sells.

Do they not teach logic in schools anymore?

they do, but its only for the smart kids:booty:

[quote name='confoosious']You seem to have problems understanding that how good a game is has nothing to do with how long it is or how well it sells.

Do they not teach logic in schools anymore?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vinny']Has anyone here actually played this? The reviews are a bit harsher than what I expected...[/QUOTE]

I imagine it's like shadow of the damned with boobies. I love both.

[quote name='confoosious']I imagine it's like shadow of the damned with boobies. I love both.[/QUOTE]

But Shadows of the Damned did have boobies... though not on the main character, but it was better because they were fully exposed boobies.

[quote name='Vinny']But Shadows of the Damned did have boobies... though not on the main character, but it was better because they were fully exposed boobies.[/QUOTE]

They were also not only giant, but you got to run on them too.

[quote name='Vinny']Has anyone here actually played this? The reviews are a bit harsher than what I expected...[/QUOTE]
The reviews are reminding me a lot of the reaction to Alice: Madness Returns. The gameplay is unremarkable but it has a strong and distinct personality. Some people are going to be on the same wavelength and some just aren't, and the game lives or dies based on that alone. Thus, review scores all over the board.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The reviews are reminding me a lot of the reaction to Alice: Madness Returns. The gameplay is unremarkable but it has a strong and distinct personality. Some people are going to be on the same wavelength and some just aren't, and the game lives or dies based on that alone. Thus, review scores all over the board.[/QUOTE]

Very true statement. And I really am enjoying Alice now that I have finally gotten to it in my backlog.

Well it is currently an aggregate of 69 on Metacrtitic (joke aside) but some reviewer gave it a 2/10 which is dragging it way down. Out of the 8 reviews 6 are considered positive (higher tha 7.5) so I am going to assume this game ends up at about 77ish. That is not bad really. Plenty of games that I have played in that ranged are fun. They may be short, bad story, or lack the polish of some other game but fun nonetheless. Is this worth $45? That is up to the individual I say.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well it is currently an aggregate of 69 on Metacrtitic (joke aside) but some reviewer gave it a 2/10 which is dragging it way down. Out of the 8 reviews 6 are considered positive (higher tha 7.5) so I am going to assume this game ends up at about 77ish. That is not bad really. Plenty of games that I have played in that ranged are fun. They may be short, bad story, or lack the polish of some other game but fun nonetheless. Is this worth $45? That is up to the individual I say.[/QUOTE]

I've never even heard of the website that gave it a 2/10, who the hell is "Quarter to Three"? They're the only site to have given it a really low grade. And fucking Jim Sterling of all people gave it a 9.

Can anyone tell me the UPC number for the Amazon PS3 version? I want to order it for $44.99, but go buy it locally until it arrives, then return the sealed Amazon edition the local store.

It always seems to get messed up with games that have store specific DLC though, as the UPCs are different. Thanks.

How does Jim Sterling give this a 9 and Vanquish a 5? They're both wacky fun action games with cliche stories and he demoted Vanquish on those merits! He makes no sense at all.

[quote name='jello44']I've never even heard of the website that gave it a 2/10, who the hell is "Quarter to Three"? They're the only site to have given it a really low grade. And fucking Jim Sterling of all people gave it a 9.[/QUOTE]

Jim Sterling is also a huge troll. Though the review seemed sincere and I'm not trying to take anything away from what seems like a damn good game I don't find Jim to always be the most consistent of reviewers.

[quote name='Rumors']Jim Sterling is also a huge troll. Though the review seemed sincere and I'm not trying to take anything away from what seems like a damn good game I don't find Jim to always be the most consistent of reviewers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. He's a huge troll and sometimes it's hard to decipher if is Jim being Jim or if he actually liked the game.

i was so tempted to buy this while at BB today...it just looks like a fun, refreshing game to play - but ack, i cant stomach $60 for it!

[quote name='proKoyeon']i was so tempted to buy this while at BB today...it just looks like a fun, refreshing game to play - but ack, i cant stomach $60 for it![/QUOTE]

thats why you buy it on amazon tax free for 44.99

[quote name='proKoyeon']i was so tempted to buy this while at BB today...it just looks like a fun, refreshing game to play - but ack, i cant stomach $60 for it![/QUOTE]

Still showing as $44.99 on Toyrus.com. If you want this game now, I'd see if you can do a price match.

Edit: Or do as Kayne suggested if you don't have BB credit or want to earn RZ points.

[quote name='acefondu']How does Jim Sterling give this a 9 and Vanquish a 5? They're both wacky fun action games with cliche stories and he demoted Vanquish on those merits! He makes no sense at all.[/QUOTE]
See, I kind of see this game as the opposite of Vanquish. Vanquish was a complex and sophisticated action game, with story, characters, and style that were totally generic and forgettable. Lollipop Chainsaw is (by most accounts) a pretty simple and run-of-the-mill action game, with a remarkably colorful and unique presentation.

I played about the first two missions of the game (the first mission I replayed like twice). Here is how the game essentially works. If you just run through the campaign, then your going to find it short. With this game the idea is to run through the stages a few times to A) get coins to unlock everything and B) because every time you complete a stage your rank is graded and you get posted to a leaderboard (there is also a leaderboard just for friends).

It's really in it's purest form, a 3D brawler with a ton of style to it. Then again I am having a blast with it.

Went to my local TRU and they matched their website. The girlfriend is going to be excited when she gets home because she wanted this pretty bad.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']See, I kind of see this game as the opposite of Vanquish. Vanquish was a complex and sophisticated action game, with story, characters, and style that were totally generic and forgettable. Lollipop Chainsaw is (by most accounts) a pretty simple and run-of-the-mill action game, with a remarkably colorful and unique presentation.[/QUOTE]

perhaps but good gosh did vanquish have amazing gameplay. it even had amazing AI. and one thing that just sort of blew my mind was you can download the DLC for that game while the game is playing and it will automatically just get incorporated into the game. the story sucked but it was one hell of a ride.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Anyone get there Amazon DLC code yet?

I want my free costume :lol:.[/QUOTE]

Not yet, seems that no one has. I wish Amazon got two costumes like Gamestop. I really wanted the Ash one but not for $15 more. I'll probably stick mostly to the HOTD Saeko costume once I unlock it, but this Rockabilly costume was the second best pre-order after Ash.

bread's done
Back