Lollipop Chainsaw Preorder TRU $44.99 w/ FS

D.Choy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Toys R Us.com has Lollipop Chainsaw up for preorder at a cool $44.99 with free shipping ($15 off MSRP) for both PS3 and Xbox 360.

Different websites are giving off different dates for the release though. Amazon, Target, and Wikipedia = 4/24, TRU = 5/22, BB = 6/1, and GameStop = 8/1. I know for a fact that it has an official release of May 19th for Japan but WB hasn't announced a firm release date for United States so tread lightly. Signs obviously point to an April release date for the US though.

Lollipop Chainsaw now has an official release of June 12, 2012

Still, a decent price for a game that looks to be pretty fun. If you want those preorder codes you are out of luck if you choose to order from TRU. The preorder costumes are exclusive to Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop.

Link: http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=lollipop%20chainsaw&origkw=lollipop+chainsaw&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

----------

Also, recently there were some new anime inspired costumes announced for the game. If any of you watch anime and are fans of High School of the Dead, Deadman Wonderland, Is This a Zombie, or Manyu Hiken-Cho then this news will excite you! Screenshots of all the costumes can be found at the link below, thanks Rychy.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ool-the-dead-x-lollipop-chainsaw-illustration

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Got my Amazon DLC code finally. Loving the game.

Also remember Genesis games were $50 back then, and then factor in inflation and you get over $60. So I have no problem with this being 4 hours because I bought games back in the 90's that were an hour to an hour and a half long.[/QUOTE]Was it just the Rockabilly code?

To everyone that is complaining about the price vs game length, need I remind you Portal 2 was a 4-5 hour game and people actually payed retail for it the first month or so when it was released knowing the length of it regardless. Then it stayed around the $30-40 range for what seems like forever after that. It wasn't until just recently it finally started to drop, even now it's still around $20-25 which isn't that great of a deal.

In short, stop bitching about it. All games (Excluding XBL and PSN) should have a retail value of $30 when they first come out to begin with, not $60.

[quote name='Action Bastard']To everyone that is complaining about the price vs game length, need I remind you Portal 2 was a 4-5 hour game and people actually payed retail for it the first month or so when it was released knowing the length of it regardless. Then it stayed around the $30-40 range for what seems like forever after that. It wasn't until just recently it finally started to drop, even now it's still around $20-25 which isn't that great of a deal.

In short, stop bitching about it. All games (Excluding XBL and PSN) should have a retail value of $30 when they first come out to begin with, not $60.[/QUOTE]

If you want games to be that cheap, then you have to sacrifice things. Shittier graphics, no gigantic open worlds, less complex multiplayer if any multiplayer at all, etc.

I swear, people think games are created by a group of 10 people in a couple of months.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If you want games to be that cheap, then you have to sacrifice things. Shittier graphics, no gigantic open worlds, less complex multiplayer if any multiplayer at all, etc.

I swear, people think games are created by a group of 10 people in a couple of months.[/QUOTE]

That's definitely true, too. I mean, they did hire James Gunn, Akira Yamaoka, Jimmy Urine, and a lot of actors in addition to their staff and team. They licensed a bunch of music. They put a lot of work and heart into it. It's not like it's a budget shovelware title with no overhead.

need I remind you Portal 2 was a 4-5 hour game

Portal had a 4-5 hour single player campaign and a 4-5 hour co-op campaign that was completely separate from the single player campaign.

Not only that, but new, retail copies came with a code for a free copy on PC (if you bought the PS3 version), leading to unlimited replayability for challenge maps and other mods.

It's a very unfair comparison.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If you want games to be that cheap, then you have to sacrifice things. Shittier graphics, no gigantic open worlds, less complex multiplayer if any multiplayer at all, etc.

I swear, people think games are created by a group of 10 people in a couple of months.[/QUOTE]

Oh, really?
http://www.playhawken.com/

Not only does it have nice graphics, (Not sure about open world yet or not) it has an awesome multiplayer, and it is FREE
25tl102.png

[quote name='Action Bastard']Oh, really?

Not only does it have nice graphics, (Not sure about open world yet or not) it has an awesome multiplayer, and it is FREE
25tl102.png
[/QUOTE]

lol @ checkmate.

nothing is free. you understand there's an alternative business model, yeah?

[quote name='Action Bastard']Oh, really?

25tl102.png
[/QUOTE]

Nice, let me go buy it for PS3. Oh, wait.

Maybe for your next checkmate move, you'll use a iPhone game as an example?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Nice, let me go buy it for PS3. Oh, wait.

Maybe for your next checkmate move, you'll use a iPhone game as an example?[/QUOTE]

he'll tell you DC Universe for the ps3 (he might call it "the triple") is FREEEEEEEEE! Checkmate again bitch!

1 of paper = 4 of coin is hilarious.

[quote name='confoosious']he'll tell you DC Universe for the ps3 (he might call it "the triple") is FREEEEEEEEE!

1 of paper = 4 of coin is hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Ooo, in terms of value per hour, that game is the greatest game of all time.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']1 of paper = 4 of coin!

[/QUOTE]

:lol: I knew what you were referring to without clicking on the spoiler. Now go wash your dirty parts.

I think I'll rent this tonight. I had no idea it was being released this week. I've seen the thread around the top of the page, but I thought it was still a month or two away from release.

[quote name='Foxconn Worker']68 at metacritc waiting tell it hits 10 price[/QUOTE]

Besides one score, most of them are in the range I expected for this game. 6/10 to 9/10

That 2/10 is really dragging the score down, but then again the website that gave LC a 2/10 also gave FFXIII-2, Max Payne, and Journey a 4/10 while giving The Darkness 2 a 10/10.

That's why I hate metacritic. They take any damn website and put it on the "critics" list. Website looks like it was made in the 90's to early 00's for christ sake.

Edit: Holy fucking shit. That website that's dragging LC's score down, I'm 99.9999% sure it's a troll. In his Max Payne 3 review "Max Payne 3 mostly looks good, but it’s no Kane and Lynch 2".

Kane and Lynch 2 really?

" It’s obviously attempting Kane and Lynch 2′s brilliant and subversive YouTube aesthetic"

Nothing about Kane and Lynch 2 was brilliant. That game was average at best.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Besides one score, most of them are in the range I expected for this game. 6/10 to 9/10

That 2/10 is really dragging the score down, but then again the website that gave LC a 2/10 also gave FFXIII-2, Max Payne, and Journey a 4/10 while giving The Darkness 2 a 10/10.

That's why I hate metacritic. They take any damn website and put it on the "critics" list. Website looks like it was made in the 90's to early 00's for christ sake.

Edit: Holy fucking shit. That website that's dragging LC's score down, I'm 99.9999% sure it's a troll. In his Max Payne 3 review "Max Payne 3 mostly looks good, but it’s no Kane and Lynch 2".

Kane and Lynch 2 really?

" It’s obviously attempting Kane and Lynch 2′s brilliant and subversive YouTube aesthetic"

Nothing about Kane and Lynch 2 was brilliant. That game was average at best.[/QUOTE]

If you click on the reviewers Metacritic page it say there 58 reviews by him and he scores 10 points LOWER on average. I am not saying they all need to be the same but you would think over time you would be closer to the average than a whole point lower. He may not have like LC but he was above average on The Darkness II. He also grades on a 5 point scale which is just stupid (for any reviewer). You should at least use a 10 point scale and a 20 point scale is preferable for video games.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Got my Amazon DLC code finally. Loving the game.

Also remember Genesis games were $50 back then, and then factor in inflation and you get over $60. So I have no problem with this being 4 hours because I bought games back in the 90's that were an hour to an hour and a half long.[/QUOTE]

how is this even relevant? should we go back to 8 bit and 16 bit graphics too? games were short then because in many cases they had too be. games also lacked a save feature out of need. i never understood how this is an acceptable arguement. well the genesis games were an hour long....ok that is great. the ps3 can hold 50GB of data on a blu ray disc and the irony is the long games like skyrim play 100x better on the 360 and PC. i really wish games would collectively move past the 3-10 hour short single player mode thing. FPS games especially.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Besides one score, most of them are in the range I expected for this game. 6/10 to 9/10

Kane and Lynch 2 really?

Nothing about Kane and Lynch 2 was brilliant. That game was average at best.[/QUOTE]

in fairness dakrness 2 is really freakin awesome. but yea i agree i ignore and hate metacritic and rotten tomatoes. both sites need to die in a fire. oh well part of todays problem really nobody can form their own opinions on stuff by thinking it out anymore we all must rely on the expert that tells us in this case is the game good or not. granted when games are 60 dollars a piece this can be good but far too many experts praise COD but then might slam another game for being a cookie cutter clone of COD like homefront.

[quote name='confoosious']:roll: learn to read. I didn't say this game was great. I said it wasn't for everyone. I even said you were entitled to your opinion if you thought the game sucks balls. I just wish people would stop trying to play jr business analyst on titles due to length of title and/or uneducated opinions.[/QUOTE]

while i agree with this to an extent the simple fact is not all games are worth 60 dollars.

[quote name='confoosious']Are you just an alt account for kayne2000? You're basically saying the same thing he did and I already countered all of his arguments.

Can you please get it through that thick head of yours that some people 1) don't care it's only 4 hours and 2) that you can replay it over and over again.

It you think the game blows and sucks balls, then you're entitled to your opinion. However, stop making dumb arguments about how long a game should be and how it should be priced.

The only thing worse than jr mods on this site are the jr business analysts.

@vinny - yep, it's not for everyone. I know it's sophomoric humor and I enjoy it.

@halluzinations - that "we" crap is annoying. I figured he just copied and pasted that section from a random shitty gaming site.[/QUOTE]

you countered none of my arguements as my arguement are based on the solid logical reasoning that a 30 dollar product will sell a lot more copies than the 60 dollar product.

and yea im hardly the only one that says this game is too short but i guess ill find out soon enough

Your "arguement" is based on nothing. A $30 product doesn't sell 2x as much as a $60 product. (in case you're wondering, that's wHere the math says its a no change on revenue)

In fact, it isn't even guaranteed to sell 1 more unit than a $60 product. Pricing and sales is not a straight line relationship.

Like I said, you wanna be a business analyst but you don't have the slightest clue.

[quote name='cancerman1120']If you click on the reviewers Metacritic page it say there 58 reviews by him and he scores 10 points LOWER on average. I am not saying they all need to be the same but you would think over time you would be closer to the average than a whole point lower. He may not have like LC but he was above average on The Darkness II. He also grades on a 5 point scale which is just stupid (for any reviewer). You should at least use a 10 point scale and a 20 point scale is preferable for video games.[/QUOTE]

It's not so much he gave Darkness II a 10/10, I haven't played it so no comment on that, but that he called something in Kane and Lynch 2 brilliant. Anybody who played that game knows its average.

His review mentions nothing about the actual gameplay of Lollipop Chainsaw, just how its a "....shallow fighting game" Didn't realize we were going into the fighting game genre here. And in no way is Suda51 trying to be Bayonetta. The guy gets everything wrong on what the game is trying to be, then gives it 1 star in his 4 paragraph review.

Ya that troll beat me, he got a rise out of me.

[quote name='kayne2000']you countered none of my arguements as my arguement are based on the solid logical reasoning that a 30 dollar product will sell a lot more copies than the 60 dollar product.

and yea im hardly the only one that says this game is too short but i guess ill find out soon enough[/QUOTE]

Is it guaranteed to sell twice as much? If video games all came out at $30 MSRP, would the amount of video game players all of a sudden double? If either of these questions are not a definitive yes, then it would be idiotic for the companies to price the game at $30.

[quote name='cancerman1120']http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Chick[/QUOTE]

That's awesome that he was Gil on The Office. :D Anyway, I have no problem with that review really. It's clear that he was completely turned off by the atmosphere and presentation of the game, and for that reason he hated it, which is fine. Just like Jim Sterling thought it was hilarious and memorable, so he loved the game. I think that's just what kind of game this is.

Anyway, perceived value. Every game wants to look like a high-budget, AAA title, even if it really isn't. A budget price tag is an admission that a game isn't on the same level as the $60 games next to it on the shelf.

I really think the replay issue is only a problem if the game is bad. I played Super Mario Bros hundreds of times through because I loved that game. The same can be said about MP in most games today. Playing one match of domination in COD is essentially the same as playing 1000 matches. If you are having fun then it does not matter. 4 hour game that you love will be played over and over again. I think the market will determine the price of a game eventually with price drops for less popular games but really I think quality over quantity is what drives this. There are plenty of crappy 15 hour+ games that I would never play.

[quote name='kayne2000']i really wish games would collectively move past the 3-10 hour short single player mode thing. FPS games especially.
[/QUOTE]

I can understand wanting to get "more bang for your buck", but from an artistic standpoint...and one of pure enjoyment...I'd rather have a short game that tells a story wonderfully and wraps it up than a game that meanders for 15 or 20 hours just for the sake of being a 15 or 20 hour game. I don't think there's really an objective measurement for that. Some games have amazing stories and are short. Others are long enough that their gameplay mechanics wear thin or the story starts to drag and, after 10 hours, you're actually wishing it ended an hour or two ago.

I wouldn't want to watch a 4 hour movie with 2 hours of the characters sitting around shooting the breeze or the story dragged to the point where the pacing completely ruins the movie, either.

If you care about the game as an artform...as something that tells a story or immerses you in an experience...than a sort of forced standard for game length can hurt the experience and give you a lesser game as much as it can give you "more for your money".

i WAS really excited when i heard about this game and saw the first video... \\:D/
saw more previews just before release... :whistle2:s
watched a walkthrough on you tube and was bored out of my mind... :drool:

i don't say this much without atleast renting a game but this is a REALLY stupid game. it will clearly be a -$20 in 2 months if not sooner.

goes to show busty cheerleader + zombies + chainsaw does not = awesome game. #-o

[quote name='NINJA V']i WAS really excited when i heard about this game and saw the first video... \\:D/

i don't say this much without atleast renting a game but this is a REALLY stupid game. it will clearly be a -$20 in 2 months if not sooner.

goes to show busty cheerleader + zombies + chainsaw does not = awesome game. #-o[/QUOTE]

But if it was a busty topless cheerleader thats a totally different story

[quote name='NINJA V']i WAS really excited when i heard about this game and saw the first video... \\:D/

goes to show busty cheerleader + zombies + chainsaw does not = awesome game. #-o[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but did you play it?

[quote name='cancerman1120']He also grades on a 5 point scale which is just stupid (for any reviewer). You should at least use a 10 point scale and a 20 point scale is preferable for video games.[/QUOTE]

20 point scale? really? that is the definition of overkill. What does it really tell you that a game is rated 9.5/10 (19/20) over 9/10 (18/20). The granularity doesnt really matter. It's even worse when it's a 10 point scale and they go by quarter points. Who gives a shit if a game is a 7 or a 7.25? What does that even mean?

Personally, I'd be fine with a three point scale. Buy, Rent, or Avoid. That tells me at least as much as 6.5/10.

[quote name='hostyl1']20 point scale? really? that is the definition of overkill. What does it really tell you that a game is rated 9.5/10 (19/20) over 9/10 (18/20). The granularity doesnt really matter. It's even worse when it's a 10 point scale and they go by quarter points. Who gives a shit if a game is a 7 or a 7.25? What does that even mean?

Personally, I'd be fine with a three point scale. Buy, Rent, or Avoid. That tells me at least as much as 6.5/10.[/QUOTE]

Well quarter points is technically a 40 point scale. I see nothing wrong with a 20 point scale. With the way games are rated these days I like having that scale since most games score between a 5-10 anyway. Is there a huge difference between a 9 and 9.5? Most likely not, but there is between a 9 and a 10 so having that 9.5 available to say it is close to perfect but not quite is better than giving it a 9. It is all subjective in the end.

I would not mind your suggestion of a 3 point scale but maybe would add one additional point. Day 1, Bargain Bin, Rental, Avoid. I would only do this because a lot of RPGs are better to own than rent due to length but maybe not worth full price.

While many people have been criticizing this game, I have to say, it's a pretty fun game. I got it for $45 through Amazon so I think I got it for a good price. Plus, once I finish playing it, I can just trade/sell it here. Makes the $45 price option sound more and more appealing.

I can see why people would think it's worth $20 but I want to support Grasshopper Manufacture (because of the awesomeness of Lollipop Chainsaw, Shadows of the Damned and No More Heroes) so since I can afford to buy them at "full price", I do. I realize a lot of people aren't as fortunate to do that so that's why websites like CAG exist.

[quote name='foreverjoe20']While many people have been criticizing this game, I have to say, it's a pretty fun game. I got it for $45 through Amazon so I think I got it for a good price. Plus, once I finish playing it, I can just trade/sell it here. Makes the $45 price option sound more and more appealing.

I can see why people would think it's worth $20 but I want to support Grasshopper Manufacture (because of the awesomeness of Lollipop Chainsaw, Shadows of the Damned and No More Heroes) so since I can afford to buy them at "full price", I do. I realize a lot of people aren't as fortunate to do that so that's why websites like CAG exist.[/QUOTE]

^this
I played the game last night and have to say that I was pleasantly surprised...very funny to me. Yes, it's stupid, but it's SUPPOSED to be.....and it's stupid/fun/awesome! Dont regret t all getting it for $45 and will probably just keep it in the collection for a while. Don't hate on a game before you eve try it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well quarter points is technically a 40 point scale. I see nothing wrong with a 20 point scale. With the way games are rated these days I like having that scale since most games score between a 5-10 anyway. Is there a huge difference between a 9 and 9.5? Most likely not, but there is between a 9 and a 10 so having that 9.5 available to say it is close to perfect but not quite is better than giving it a 9. It is all subjective in the end.

I would not mind your suggestion of a 3 point scale but maybe would add one additional point. Day 1, Bargain Bin, Rental, Avoid. I would only do this because a lot of RPGs are better to own than rent due to length but maybe not worth full price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know the quarter points is a 40 point scale and the original point was a 20pt scale. I just wanted to make the quarter's argument because quarter points actually does exist as well. I dont find much use in 20 or 40 pt scales as I cannot ascertain what the difference is between the smallest steps. At that point, it's really the prose that is the important part (I'd argue that the prose is *always* important and the score mostly irrelavant, but that's a philosophical discussion for another forum) so 9 or 9.5 all says to me: "This is a great game with very overlookable quibbles".

I wouldnt be opposed to your proposed 4 step system. Though, to me, anything that is worth a rental, is also worth a bargain bin buy. Maybe CAG has it right when they put a suggested buy price on it. :applause:

[quote name='foreverjoe20']While many people have been criticizing this game, I have to say, it's a pretty fun game. I got it for $45 through Amazon so I think I got it for a good price. Plus, once I finish playing it, I can just trade/sell it here. Makes the $45 price option sound more and more appealing.

I can see why people would think it's worth $20 but I want to support Grasshopper Manufacture (because of the awesomeness of Lollipop Chainsaw, Shadows of the Damned and No More Heroes) so since I can afford to buy them at "full price", I do. I realize a lot of people aren't as fortunate to do that so that's why websites like CAG exist.[/QUOTE]

100% agree with this. Lollipop Chainsaw is fantastic...not because it has "Busty Cheerleaders" and gore...its because there's nothing like it out there. It's over-the-top, it has artistic style, its unique. Yes, it's tasteless, but it doesn't take itself too seriously, and neither should you. It's just pure fun. I want to support Grasshopper Manufacture as well as Suda51. Oh and while your at it, go play Shadows of the Damned...your missing a stellar game. I really hope this sells well because people just don't appreciate something that doesn't come around often. I guess most are just gamers waiting for the next Call of Duty or Madden to come out. :puke:

I overlooked SOTD some months back because I knew nothing about it. After seeing so many people talk about it on CAG, I did some trades at Bestbuy and picked up a copy. I absolutely love it!

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Video games should be rated on a 100 point scale.[/QUOTE]

They should be rated on a time scale. If it takes 50+hours to be then it's amazing.

Anything less is terrible.

[quote name='themidnighter23']Yeah, but did you play it?[/QUOTE]

no but... there are somethings in life i know right off the bat that i would not like. take for example a broomstick up my :booty:, i don't need to try it to know that i immediately would not like it.

i watched over an hour of the walkthrough desperately looking for something to like or give me an excuse to atleast rent it, and nothing-nada-niet.

I ended up only paying about $40 for the game and for me it's definitely worth that. I already knew before getting it though that this is a type of game I'd enjoy regardless of any reviews or anything else, if only for the stupidity/humor.

It's pretty lousy when you go and look at the Metacritic score for the Xbox version, it's being dragged down 6 points overall just because of that one terrible review score. The Xbox version has a 70 whereas without that single review it would be sitting at a 76 right now. Obviously not fantastic still, but that one score will end up persuading some people not to buy the game I imagine, which is a shame.

[quote name='razrvamp']But if it was a busty topless cheerleader thats a totally different story[/QUOTE]

and some BACON!

[quote name='NINJA V']no but... there are somethings in life i know right off the bat that i would not like. take for example a broomstick up my :booty:, i don't need to try it to know that i immediately would not like it.

i watched over an hour of the walkthrough desperately looking for something to like or give me an excuse to atleast rent it, and nothing-nada-niet.[/QUOTE]Pretty sad that your comeback pertained to something being stuck in your ass...

Let's try and stay on the topic which is about a video game.

[quote name='NINJA V']no but... there are somethings in life i know right off the bat that i would not like. take for example a broomstick up my :booty:, i don't need to try it to know that i immediately would not like it.

i watched over an hour of the walkthrough desperately looking for something to like or give me an excuse to atleast rent it, and nothing-nada-niet.[/QUOTE]

niet indeed.

the game is growing on me. To be honest, I felt it was too button smashy and simple at first-but after i accepted the fact-learned some combos/how to dizzy the zombies up for quicker kills-and leveled up at the stores. I am now liking the game. plus i'm digging the music.

for $60 i don't think id be too happy-but i paid $45 as well as others here did and to get it on day one for that price was pretty good.

[quote name='Ionotropic']fuck zombie baseball and basketball. Good game otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I actually liked the basketball minigame. i was trying to beat it by scoring only 3's. it was fun as i saw zombies blocking my 3 point shots as time was running down and having to go kick their ass to get them out of the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back