Long Island CAGtogether with full details in OP! This Saturday! UPDATED 5/16! 18+

Wombat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Saturday May 17th 2008 at 2PM

Dave & Busters in the Source Mall
1504 Old Country Road
Westbury, NY 11590
516-542-8501
http://www.daveandbusters.com/Locat...eststateProvince=NY&destpostalCode=11590-5175

You must be 18+ to get in!

I just set up the private room, food and drinks are paid for, you will need pay your own way for game cards, they don't have that promo for large groups right now.

RSVP by PM please

Confirms So Far:
Wombat
Shipwreck
Del Far
Willardhaven
BladeZ
soccerstud652
bmachine
DoubleEcksZero
scion of ys
Kromax
nesfan8222
TomoyoN
Wooten (+1)
OCDBuzz311
FrankTheFrowner
Dark_Magus
Gamenads
nadsofed
SnotRocket
Covnam
KingsOfNewYork
franz ferdinand
s0lid
+ around 15 more cags I am too lazy to cut and paste into the thread

[quote name='IkilledLassic']There is a Long Island D+B's at exit 57 on the LIE. Bit of a hike for some, but Im used to travelling the Island (moved from Western Nassau to Eastern Suffolk).[/quote]

Islandia, right?

[quote name='IkilledLassic']Not quite understanding how hosting in Manhattan would make anything relatively cheap, considering everything is more expensive there....

There is a Long Island D+B's at exit 57 on the LIE. Bit of a hike for some, but Im used to travelling the Island (moved from Western Nassau to Eastern Suffolk).[/quote]

Was thinking more like harlem or the bronx than midtown. All the good arcades i know (my favorite one in yonkers included) have closed down in the past few years. I mean I guess i could make the trek down to LI but itd be a rather long drive. Somewhere in the greater city area kind of makes more sense as a lot of us cags live there scattered about (westchester, queens, brooklyn etc).

Yeah, this definitely has to be done in the second half of May for all of us coolege people.

I'll probably have to spend the whole day there, this will give me a chance to finally check out Nintendo World.

[quote name='Chronis']I'd be interested in a CAGtogether. But who knows if I'd actually be able to make it though. Plus, I'd definitely be the youngest.... so that'd be awkward, unless I come smelling of Bengay and unshaven. :lol: That'll just paint a few extra years on me.[/quote]

Somehow I doubt that xD

I'm down fellas! I'm in Queens, but in LI frequently. Lemme know when we finalize a time and date!

[quote name='Chronis']I'd be interested in a CAGtogether. But who knows if I'd actually be able to make it though. Plus, I'd definitely be the youngest.... so that'd be awkward, unless I come smelling of Bengay and unshaven. :lol: That'll just paint a few extra years on me.[/quote]How old are u?

Wombat why are you being so lazy about this. While you can make it close to the LIRR, Manhattan would be more up to speed. Lets just rent out a loft space, or even take over a bar or something.

I'd be down for a Long Island meetup. Let's be real, Wombat lives 10 minutes from the Farmingdale D&B, why would he want to go to the city? You guys make me feel old, if we do it, i'll bring my 4 yr old son.

[quote name='Unickuta']Jersey > Long Island[/QUOTE]

Well if we follow that logic then:

Delaware> Jersey :)

Anyway, like Lurk and MCalvert said, give enough of a heads up, and some of us southern boys, can make our way up there, to your big fancy city-slicker party.

As for where, I will leave it up to the locals, because NY has not been my stomping grounds in a long time.

Put me down for "probably not old enough."

Plus, if any of you met me in real life, you would probably kick my ass for all the things I have done on here.

I live in Western MA, but my family lives in Long Island (Miller Place). I could go down and visit them, and meet up with CAGers whenever this does happen.

[quote name='dwhelan']Well if we follow that logic then:

Delaware> Jersey :)

Anyway, like Lurk and MCalvert said, give enough of a heads up, and some of us southern boys, can make our way up there, to your big fancy city-slicker party.

As for where, I will leave it up to the locals, because NY has not been my stomping grounds in a long time.[/quote]

Jersey's in between Philly and NYC- Long Island's in between Newport and NYC. 'Nuff said.

[quote name='help1']Put me down for "probably not old enough."

Plus, if any of you met me in real life, you would probably kick my ass for all the things I have done on here.[/quote]im only 15 and im definately going if its on long island, why wouldnt you b old enough?

[quote name='Wombat']This very moment looks like it would be an all-ages event on LI in late May. More details when I have em[/quote]

Nice, nothing good ever happens on Long Island!

[quote name='Wooten']Nice, nothing good ever happens on Long Island![/QUOTE]

Nothing good ever happens on long island, yet your definition of good is meeting a bunch of CAG's? Interesting...

[quote name='BladeZ']Nothing good ever happens on long island, yet your definition of good is meeting a bunch of CAG's? Interesting...[/quote]

I don't know what's wrong with that. Sounded like a good time, which I'm pretty sure is the reason most people would be showing up... to have a good time.

Haha, I'm sure we'll have a good time. Having grown up on long island I just took offense to the "nothing good ever happens" statement.

Well having spent my whole life here too I just find not much eventful really happens around here. Maybe it's the curse of Suffolk. I was honestly just saying I'm glad it's gonna happen on the island.

Why Long Island......why not Manhattan or somethin' Or Queens......not that I live in Queens or anything...... >_> Although I can walk to long island, but the Valley Stream part.

Finally, I see some more "local" towns in some profiles!

Now I know everyone I must destroy for deals. You are all on notice! ;)

[quote name='DoubleEcksZero']Stripclub anyone? All the strippers paid for by CheapyD, but we are cheap after all so we shall throw pennies. ^_^[/quote]

You had me and then you lost me.

[quote name='DoubleEcksZero']Stripclub anyone? All the strippers paid for by CheapyD, but we are cheap after all so we shall throw pennies. ^_^[/QUOTE]

Just get Cheapy's CC and we'll run a tab all night. But I must say, the strip clubs on LI suck...

[quote name='BladeZ']Just get Cheapy's CC and we'll run a tab all night. But I must say, the strip clubs on LI suck...[/quote]

Aw, you mean those random ones out in the middle of nowhere aren't any good? The ones you find just driving down a random street that lead to nowhere near interesting? ;)

[quote name='BladeZ']Just get Cheapy's CC and we'll run a tab all night. But I must say, the strip clubs on LI suck...[/quote]
well theres always a nightcap in Manhattan Eh? And theres wiggles on Jamaica ave in Queens just a hop skip and a jump from long island.

If this is gonna be an all age's event, and we're going to a strip club, someone needs to get some box tops, paint them black, and hand them out to the young'uns. Then we blame the FCC.

Depending on when it is I am interested. My parents live out by you Wombat. But I live in the city and don't have a car so transportation might be a problem.

I'll go, and I will bring my 4 year old. He'll kill me if I went to D&B's without him. I may just be hanging out by the ticket games though :)

I am 100% in. Gives me an excuse to not ride the LIRR for one day of my life.

[quote name='willardhaven']I'd be down, I live in Suffolk... are we going to be allowed to bring booze?[/quote]

At D&B, you buy the overpriced booze. If you try to bring it, they will throw you on the streets. Remember this is a sports bar.

Somewhat interested here. My main reservation is that I'm in NJ and it'd (preferably) have to be someplace easy to get to via public transportation.

[quote name='Wombat']It will be all ages and on LI, May is sneaking up so I need a real headcount[/quote]

So which D&B (if that's final) is it gonna be at? What's the exact date/time? I'm sure once those are set we can start getting a headcount and start actually getting this organized... Also since alot of people seem to be coming from Manhattan we could probably also setup an earlier meet for those who will be taking the LIRR to the venue wherever and whenever that will be.

[quote name='Wombat']It will be all ages and on LI, May is sneaking up so I need a real headcount[/quote]

So which D&B (if that's final) is it gonna be at? What's the exact date/time? I'm sure once those are set we can start getting a headcount and start actually getting this organized... Also since alot of people seem to be coming from Manhattan we could probably also setup an earlier meet for those who will be taking the LIRR to the venue wherever and whenever that will be.

bread's done
Back