Long Island CAGtogether with full details in OP! This Saturday! UPDATED 5/16! 18+

Wombat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Saturday May 17th 2008 at 2PM

Dave & Busters in the Source Mall
1504 Old Country Road
Westbury, NY 11590
516-542-8501
http://www.daveandbusters.com/Locat...eststateProvince=NY&destpostalCode=11590-5175

You must be 18+ to get in!

I just set up the private room, food and drinks are paid for, you will need pay your own way for game cards, they don't have that promo for large groups right now.

RSVP by PM please

Confirms So Far:
Wombat
Shipwreck
Del Far
Willardhaven
BladeZ
soccerstud652
bmachine
DoubleEcksZero
scion of ys
Kromax
nesfan8222
TomoyoN
Wooten (+1)
OCDBuzz311
FrankTheFrowner
Dark_Magus
Gamenads
nadsofed
SnotRocket
Covnam
KingsOfNewYork
franz ferdinand
s0lid
+ around 15 more cags I am too lazy to cut and paste into the thread

Is there going to be a definite date soon yet? Chances are I won't be able to go, but if I get a rough estimate, I might be able to.

I am going to be visiting new york from the west coast and would like to attend. I am posting in this thread just incase a head count is needed

[quote name='Wombat']Right it will be Saturday May 17th, Sunday the 18th is Grandpa Wombat's 90th Bday and he hates Dave and Busters[/quote]

Put me down as confirmed...

Maybe you should edit the OP or create a new post with details for this outing with a signup/headcount list. And for the lazy web surfers directions to D&B...

I just ran it by my friend and it looks like we'll both be going. We'll be bussing from China Town in Boston and we'll probably just cause havoc at Nintendo World or something for the day.

Hmmm... I may show up and use at an opportunity to visit my sis as well. The only thing I might have to worry about is my family may have some plans at that time since the 17th is my b-day (25 wooo!).
D&B would be cool as well since I've been to the one in Philadelphia (food and games, who doesn't like that?)

You can put me down, my girlfriend and I will both be attending. Looking forward to it, never been to a Dave and Busters.

I can probably attend. iirc, you talked about going to the D&B in Farmingdale right? Thats only a few towns over from me.

Theres no good lan center out east on LI anymore and dave and buster eh no fighting games there at least the one out in Suffolk . Thank goodness for Online play for fightings games

Ya i would maybe come from chicago because i missed the one here and it was at like a bar and im 13 could i attend this one with my age?

[quote name='tomcichon']Ya i would maybe come from chicago because i missed the one here and it was at like a bar and im 13 could i attend this one with my age?[/quote]

Unless we do it at night, at which point they do have an age limit, DB is an arcade, so it's all ages. Was this thing supposed to be a night event?

That being said, I would not come in from Chicago...

[quote name='scion of ys']do we need to bring cash or is cheapy d paying for everything? also do we need to be 21 to go?[/quote]

From what I've heard we going at a time for all ages... As for bringing cash I assume if Cheapy does cover anything it will be food and any gaming we end up doing will be up to us....

I can make it, but I probably won't spend too much on gaming (seems kinda redundant when you have a ds, gba, gbc, ngpc, gamegear, etc...). I'll bring my gf! :)

Does DB sell booze during regular hours, or is it only late-night?

Are we sure people under 21 are allowed in? I know D&B has a rule where anyone under the age of 21 has to accompanied by a adult, regardless of the time of day. Granted they don't do a great job in enforcing it. I'm 21 now anyway, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']Are we sure people under 21 are allowed in? I know D&B has a rule where anyone under the age of 21 has to accompanied by a adult, regardless of the time of day. Granted they don't do a great job in enforcing it. I'm 21 now anyway, but I figured I'd ask anyway.[/quote]

Looks like I'll have to pretend I'm 21... And I'm sure there are adult CAGs going, so if this is enforced (which I highly doubt), I'll just bum access in via them or something.

That or I'll say Wombat's my uncle or something lame, whatever works.

Good, the whole under 21 thing sounded kind of odd, considering you're an adult at 18, unless the entire place is a bar or something, which it doesn't sound like it is. Looks like I'll have no problems getting in then.

There's a bar in the building, and they're probably trying to limit access. I'm not sure how active the bar is before 10pm though.

Is there any confirmation thread or posting saying what time/which D&B/what to expect? I heard Wombat saying there would be a thread just like Cheapys Japan thread but I can't find it.

Is anyone bringing games to trade?!

[quote name='Wooten']The D&B site says it's 18 and up without an adult.[/quote]
My mistake. I must have gotten it confused with another place.

[quote name='blueshinra']Here's a Google Maps link, if this helps anyone.

It looks like there's a LIRR station near there (Carle Place), but the train seems to stop there only once an hour on weekends D: Are there any other transit options?[/quote]

Well 2PM is the meeting time and a train arrives at 1:47 PM + walking time from station and you should be there just on time.

Argh, how did the Farmingdale location lose out to the craptacular westbury location. Wombat, you suck. Farmingdale is minutes from your house and twice the size!

[quote name='Wombat']http://maps.google.com/maps?client=...um=1&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&resnum=1&ct=title

It's a bout a mile, maybe some Cgas can meet up in NYC and share a cab from train station, also I can drive some peeps back and forth from the station to the mall[/quote]

Didn't know the state of New York gave driver's licenses to wombats...

I'll probably take you up on that offer as I'll be one of those coming from NYC. If people want to setup a meet in NYC that would be kewl too. As its the 1:06 from Penn Station the meet should be around 12:30ish. $14.00 Round-trip... If we have a group of 5 we can get the 10 pack of one-ways for $60 which is $12 Round-trip... Well let me know if anyone wants to meet up in NYC Penn Station.

Hmmm. I might have my car by then. (See my used car thread.)

If I do wind up going. Anyone have RE4 for the PS2 (mint and complete) and would want to trade it for a mint complete copy of RE4 for the GC?

Update after the 2 posts below me. Yea I'm in Queens too. Its not that far.

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']Aww it's on a saturday :( If it was a weekday I would be in but on the weekends I'm in Queens. Oh well maybe next time. Have fun without me :p[/quote]
Depending on where you are in queens you might be close to this D&B. I live in Queens and like I said about a 20min drive from me.

Oh wow it's during the middle of the day, I expected it to be a night thing.

How would I go about getting there from NYC? It looks pretty far away...

Edit: Just realized a whole page of new posts, so scratch this whole thing for now.

Well I'm in a situation where I may or may not go. I'm not going by myself, and I have two friends who are semi-interested, but not definite yet.

What I'm thinking though, is that maybe some of us could meet up at Nintendo World and go from there? That's really what I want to hit the most when I'm there.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Well I'm in a situation where I may or may not go. I'm not going by myself, and I have two friends who are semi-interested, but not definite yet.

What I'm thinking though, is that maybe some of us could meet up at Nintendo World and go from there? That's really what I want to hit the most when I'm there.[/quote]
Nintendo world is really far away from this D&B

I had a feeling it was... I really have no idea though, I've only been to NYC once and that was over 4 years ago now.

Nintendo World is a bit out of the ways even for those who want to meet up in Manhattan beforehand. It would have to be at Penn Station or somewhere near there, as suggested earlier.

I was hoping it'd be the Farmingdale D&B, but that one is ok it's only a 30 minute drive. I just need to see about taking the night off.

bread's done
Back