Long Island CAGtogether with full details in OP! This Saturday! UPDATED 5/16! 18+

Wombat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Saturday May 17th 2008 at 2PM

Dave & Busters in the Source Mall
1504 Old Country Road
Westbury, NY 11590
516-542-8501
http://www.daveandbusters.com/Locat...eststateProvince=NY&destpostalCode=11590-5175

You must be 18+ to get in!

I just set up the private room, food and drinks are paid for, you will need pay your own way for game cards, they don't have that promo for large groups right now.

RSVP by PM please

Confirms So Far:
Wombat
Shipwreck
Del Far
Willardhaven
BladeZ
soccerstud652
bmachine
DoubleEcksZero
scion of ys
Kromax
nesfan8222
TomoyoN
Wooten (+1)
OCDBuzz311
FrankTheFrowner
Dark_Magus
Gamenads
nadsofed
SnotRocket
Covnam
KingsOfNewYork
franz ferdinand
s0lid
+ around 15 more cags I am too lazy to cut and paste into the thread

As an NYC-er, I thought I'd post some directions to get there from Manhattan via public transportaion (otherwise you have mapquest) since I didn't see any yet.

Best thing to do is take the LIRR. You can take it from Penn Station, or go to http://www.mta.info/lirr/index.html to find the station nearest you. Your goal is to get to the Westbury stop on the blue line. If you're looking at an LIRR map, its the station right before the blue and purple lines split. Take the LIRR to that stop, then use this map

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/9-7kCxQsiNf26da9_pCO83

to walk from the LIRR station to D&B. Total travel time from Penn Station should be a little over an hour.

Hope that helps. And mark me down as coming!

[quote name='DoubleEcksZero']Depending on where you are in queens you might be close to this D&B. I live in Queens and like I said about a 20min drive from me.[/QUOTE]

The problem is I don't have a car on the weekends :( Next time if you guys do it again i will try my best to be there!

[quote name='Soujiro_Seta']The problem is I don't have a car on the weekends :( Next time if you guys do it again i will try my best to be there![/quote]buses go there too on the N line

^^^And it doesn't help that I don't think i saw anyone of the fairer sex mention going in here.... It's going to be one all ages gay orgy! But with clothes on!

Yeah, I can't go though. Someone in the famil is having a confirmation... or communion... whichever one comes first. I'll probably be in the area though so maybe if I drive by, I yell CAG out my window and see who turns their heads. :p

[quote name='dwhelan']Well if we follow that logic then:
Delaware> Jersey :)
[/QUOTE]C'mon, that should be obvious to everyone. The fact that I'm a Delaware native who lives in NYC but works in Jersey hasn't influenced me at all (*cough*). Living your whole life next to NJ will give you a certain perspective on it, one that's not too positive ;)

Seriously though, I'm so down for this. I gave CheapyD so much money during those EBGames morning updates alone that I think he owes me a drink or two. God forbid I ever visit Tokyo... This is an awesome idea, and I look forward to meeting Wombat and Shipwreck.

Edit: For real serious though, us NYC CAGs should share some cab rides from the LIRR station. I will probably end up going that way (b/c I am lazy), and wouldn't mind ferrying other CAGs as well. We should set something up.

[quote name='Chronis']^^^And it doesn't help that I don't think i saw anyone of the fairer sex mention going in here.... It's going to be one all ages gay orgy! But with clothes on![/QUOTE]
That's because we're all hiding :razz:

Seriously though, I'll probably go. Might bring my husband as well.

[quote name='blueshinra']That's because we're all hiding :razz:[/quote]

Ditto :p I'm not a definite yet, but might go, and might bring my bro (who is on the forums as well, but I think he just lurks).

[quote name='blueshinra']That's because we're all hiding :razz:

Seriously though, I'll probably go. Might bring my husband as well.[/QUOTE]

I thought it would be a sausage fest.

[quote name='AvidWriter']I thought it would be a sausage fest.[/quote]

That reminds me of the time my Italian teacher was telling us about Italy. He mentioned one of the same towns that has annual Sausage Fests. Everyone laughed but he didn't know why so we had to explain it.

I might be around. I still don't know if I have enough time with finals and reports going down around then.

EDIT: How close is it to Miller Place?

Alright, my friend and I decided not to go. It's just way too much effort to make it down there and back in the same day, and with hotel prices in NY, I don't think it's really worth it for just this event.

So yeah, everyone else who's in the area definitely go and enjoy this one for me. I'm upset I'm missing it, but it's for the best I guess. Post pictures and stuff though when it's all over.

I'm still debating wether or not to go. I'm still car shopping so I doubt I'll have a ride by then. Also partying with a bunch of strangers (minus Wombat who is but I hear him talk just about every week so that might be akward) that I know but don't know. We'll see. Whats the latest we can RSVP?

[quote name='AvidWriter']I'm still debating wether or not to go. I'm still car shopping so I doubt I'll have a ride by then. Also partying with a bunch of strangers (minus Wombat who is but I hear him talk just about every week so that might be akward) that I know but don't know. We'll see. Whats the latest we can RSVP?[/QUOTE]

I feel the same but I"m heading out anyway. + I'm dragging my wife.

Anyone down to trade 360 games? I have R6V2 and Mass Effect for trade.

[quote name='AvidWriter']I'm still debating wether or not to go. I'm still car shopping so I doubt I'll have a ride by then. Also partying with a bunch of strangers (minus Wombat who is but I hear him talk just about every week so that might be akward) that I know but don't know. We'll see. Whats the latest we can RSVP?[/quote]

Yeah, I feel the same way. But as of late I have been trying to get out more. So I figure this is a rare chance to meet up with some other people who also share a common interest.

[quote name='scion of ys']so we take the LIRR to what station and then once we get off where do we head towards? anyone want to meet before hand to travel together?[/QUOTE]

Technically, I believe the Carle Place station is closer, but fewer trains stop there. Your best bet is Westbury, where you'd have an easier time getting a cab anyway. Ask them to take you to the Source Mall. According to Google Maps, the station is .6 miles from the mall, so it shouldn't cost you too much. Or, if you have a good sense of direction, walk south on Post Avenue, then west on Old Country Road. You'd have a hard time missing it.

FYI, if you guys sign up for Dave and Busters Rewards on their website, they send you an email with a coupon for $10 free game play.

http://daveandbusters.com/Rewards/Profile.aspx

(I'd hate to be the person sitting in the Power Card booth with a whole line of cheapasses redeeming coupons.)

There's also a coupon for a BOGO on entrees, but I think they randomly email that to members.

damn i am giogn to be away this weekend guys. I would totally have come. thats not to far from me. drat. hope everyone has fun

[quote name='bang4dabuc']
(I'd hate to be the person sitting in the Power Card booth with a whole line of cheapasses redeeming coupons.)
[/quote]

Wow... actually... that would make for a great photo op for the CAG hall of fame. :bouncy:

[quote name='the3rdkey']I would have come in my helmet if NY wasn't so far away.[/quote]

WOW, you sound really excited about this.

Anyone planning on driving through Brooklyn (Bushwick...) on the way? I could probably get there on the LIRR, but I thought I'd at least ask and see if anyone wanted to pick up good ol' varsitygamer.

[quote name='moammo']if i can get the day off.. i'll jump on a flight and come up[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? People flying, cags considering 19 hour drives. Wombat, you better have some crazy shit planned.

I think I will be in also. I used to live in Long Island, so I know that area where the meet up is.

What's Dave and Busters like? I've never been there.

[quote name='ShinAkumA21']
too lazy lol[/quote]

HAHAHAH same here. I google map'd my trek from Jersey...1.25 hours...love CAG but I love being lazy even more.

Well, I would love to make this, but convincing my wife to go will be tough... ;-) Although she DOES like Dave & Busters...hmmm...

I called the D&B and warned them about our large group, they were very pleasant and oddly wouldnt make an expection to thier no reservations rule.

I really would go, probably would only be a 1.5/2 hour drive from RI, but on Sat. I am planning on be hung over from drinking on Friday (actually more like, just straight up drunk) due to celebrating return of everyone from college. Start of the summer party. Not driving while drunk/hung over. BAD idea. I'm a good kid, so yeah, sorry fellas. Pics are a must.

bread's done
Back