Madden 12 Official CAG League - On official hiatus until Madden 13.

Bseti is better than me...but this game is still fucking gay, lol.

Assuming EA doesn't fuck it up the ass, I SO can't wait for pass trajectory in Madden 13. It wasn't so much a factor in this game (though circus catches were), I'm really tired of having to ignore open receivers because there's a linebacker 10 yards in front of them.

GG, Bseti, but yeah...I'm done here.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thrax83']Yes, I can play between those hours. Sry.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I was supposed to play MLB with sprice but he's away at the moment. Can you get on now?

[quote name='BSETI50']can we get an xfn update[/QUOTE]

It's up to date through Week 17. We won't advance it again, since it doesn't capture the playoff stats anyway.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Bseti is better than me...but this game is still fucking gay, lol.

Assuming EA doesn't fuck it up the ass, I SO can't wait for pass trajectory in Madden 13. It wasn't so much a factor in this game (though circus catches were), I'm really tired of having to ignore open receivers because there's a linebacker 10 yards in front of them.

GG, Bseti, but yeah...I'm done here.[/QUOTE]

Gg n8 its just too hard to comeback airin it out in the tennessee monsoon, the td to britt was a prayer, ur defense played well tho ur welcome for that safety norris he's a beast donno why I traded him

[quote name='Thrax83']I logged in madden and it still has me as steelers?[/QUOTE]

You need to switch over yourself. I'll PM you the league info.

[quote name='BSETI50']Gg n8 its just too hard to comeback airin it out in the tennessee monsoon, the td to britt was a prayer, ur defense played well tho ur welcome for that safety norris he's a beast donno why I traded him[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hadn't planned on airing it out. But when Sanchez couldn't even hit short routes to keep you honest in the running game, I just had nothing left. I was really shocked I had those two big plays. There were a couple balls I shouldn't have thrown, but I still think it's terrible programming that defensive players will dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge to intercept a ball, but WR's just keep running their route like nothing is going on. And it's Santonio freakin Holmes...so not like some scrub rookie receiver. It's just bad programming. (see video below).

Between that and players falling down randomly, it just starts to make the game feel kind of arbitrary. Not saying I would have had a chance at beating you anyway...but the score might have been closer. Nothing bad happened to you in the game, and you won. That's Madden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Aews0E9g4

N8, that first pick was just a user pick, thats my signature shit...on the second one, you threw it too early. it conditions like that you need to wait to make sure guys get out of their cuts without falling... lucky pick but regardless, its not the games fault

[quote name='BSETI50']N8, that first pick was just a user pick, thats my signature shit...on the second one, you threw it too early. it conditions like that you need to wait to make sure guys get out of their cuts without falling... lucky pick but regardless, its not the games fault[/QUOTE]

On the first pick, yes, it's Madden 12 at its finest...so I should "know better" than to throw it. But that doesn't make it any less unrealistic. You can't tell me that in a real game that play happens. 99 times out of 100, that's not an interception. In real life, that's most likely an incomplete pass, with Holmes getting rocked as the ball gets there.

Regardless of the position that Smith is in, Holmes is right there with him. He could easily lunge for the ball, try to leap for the catch, knock it away from Smith, etc. But that doesn't happen in Madden. He keeps running his route like the ball hasn't even been thrown. If you can convince yourself that that's not bad programming, then whatever. Explain to me why Holmes wouldn't go for the ball.

[quote name='Deuce20602']about to PM Kaster but i'm case anyone can reach him, i'm free all night[/QUOTE]

He posted a couple pages back:

[quote name='KasterDB']
Deuce, if you see this, I can play anytime tonight after 10 EST or tomorrow before 3:45.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you guys should be able to get it in this evening.

just saw the post Kaster made so i'm anticipating Broncos-Browns will be underway around 10pm EST

i'm not expecting to go very far into the playoffs with this badly flawed Browns team( don't expect to get out of the wildcard rd honestly) so I'll say this now: i wish i coulda kept my Panthers but i had fun in the league this year... wish everyone success in Madden 13. Hopefully, when i get back from basic training, i can get my Panthers and get to work grooming them into champions... See yall in January

[quote name='n8rockerasu'] Explain to me why Holmes wouldn't go for the ball.[/QUOTE]

hes not the same holmes from 5 seasons ago and the route wasnt open. it was a shitty throw because it wasnt open. you threw it right to me and i hit the Y button.

[quote name='Thrax83']Thanks, but Matt went offline 2 min before I logged in. I'll be online.[/QUOTE]

Let me know once you guys have wrapped up.

Its wrapped. Great game. I scored a field goal off a turnover and he got a deep pass to Jenkins. Amazing and soo close back and forth. It would have been a great game to watch. Pack 38 to falcons 36

im guessing since im the lowest wildcard i will be playing sprice next then correct unless madden fucks it up but i doubt it

[quote name='DVO21']im guessing since im the lowest wildcard i will be playing sprice next then correct unless madden fucks it up but i doubt it[/QUOTE]

Right.

It should be:
dvo vs. sprice
Matt vs LV
bseti vs MA
Deuce/Kaster vs me

BSETI I'll be around all night if we do advance tonight and you wanna play after.....I'll keep tabs in here on the last game. Tomorrow I should be free all day if you wanna schedule it...although I need an exact time cause I'm gonna be going to the library and the gym throughout the day, but I'll work around our Madden game.

[quote name='MasterAwesome']BSETI I'll be around all night if we do advance tonight and you wanna play after.....I'll keep tabs in here on the last game. Tomorrow I should be free all day if you wanna schedule it...although I need an exact time cause I'm gonna be going to the library and the gym throughout the day, but I'll work around our Madden game.[/QUOTE]

I do plan to advance after this finishes, though I won't be able to play after since I've got an early start tomorrow.

i hope its almost done i will be watching the main page so either let me know when its good to go or just pm me and i will be ready to go brah

It's over. Congrats deuce. Good luck. It's been fun guys. Probably won't see you in '13, so make sure someone good has Denver :D

just looked online doesnt look like kaster has been on in the last 22 hours im guessing the game isnt happening

thanks Kaster... BV, i should be around pretty much all day tomorrow so just let me know when ur online and if i'm not, I'll jump on

[quote name='Deuce20602']thanks Kaster... BV, i should be around pretty much all day tomorrow so just let me know when ur online and if i'm not, I'll jump on[/QUOTE]

I've got work and a softball game after, so it'll have to be in the evening. I hope that works for you. Probably sometime after 9PM EST would be best.

[quote name='bvharris']I've got work and a softball game after, so it'll have to be in the evening. I hope that works for you. Probably sometime after 9PM EST would be best.[/QUOTE]

that's fine. if something changes, I'll let u know

i dunno if it was just the rams or not but id have to give dvo most improved player.... good ass game man kept me on my heels all game

[quote name='sprice8688']i dunno if it was just the rams or not but id have to give dvo most improved player.... good ass game man kept me on my heels all game[/QUOTE]

I knew he'd be a threat with that team.

[quote name='LVPatriots']I knew he'd be a threat with that team.[/QUOTE]

but he didnt throw it much lol ran all over me... i dont think welker caugght a pass all game

[quote name='sprice8688']but he didnt throw it much lol ran all over me... i dont think welker caugght a pass all game[/QUOTE]

Wierd.

---------------------

For anyone who is planning on sticking around for season 6, It would be good to take a head count, so pm me.

(I don't need any "Well I won't be sticking around" posts. ) not necessary.

I think the season will be pretty lax, advancing every 3 or 4 days, play your games or not, I won't care, I just want to keep playing with these Cardinals and I hope other people feel the same way.

I won't be commishing over disagreements, just gonna play my games and advance, and hopefully, if people keep playing, we can keep the thread community going too.

[quote name='sprice8688']how u gonna do the draft[/QUOTE]

Same as always i guess, just get a consensus as to when everyone wants to do it.

Welp, Matt Young pmed me with a time, but I'm still at work then, hopefully he gets back to me and we can figure out a time tonight.

We look good for 7:30ish Pacific tonight.

Deuce, I just got home. Need to get cleaned up and grab a quick bite, but I should be good to go for a little after 10 if that works for you.

Damn, Deuce and I just played an epic game, which he won 31-28with a TD with 10 seconds left to go. It took a while for my offense to get going, and my D just didn't really perform all game. Guess that shows the rust of not playing a meaningful game in about a month.

So my reasonably successful 5-year run will end without a title (or even a Super Bowl appearance), and the worst part is I can't even say I'm the Lebron James of the Madden league anymore. :D

gg Deuce! Really was a barn burner, you definitely played the better game but I just kept crawling back in. That last drive was a thing of beauty. If I were playing another season, Evan Smith won the starting job with his insane performance in that game. 4 of 6 for 199 yards and 2 TDs.

it was an amazing game... i don't know what the hell my QB did to prepare for the playoffs but he's been lights out in the two games I've played... i'm a lil mad tho that i gotta play MA for the third time and i think the Browns' Cinderella story ends in the AFC title game... but we ain't layin down for nobody (lookin at u MA!!!)

6th Season Players

DVO

MrGrandCru

LVPatriots

Thrax

Masterawesome

------

Feel free to add your name and we can get the draft and next season rolling asap.

bread's done
Back