Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

[quote name='Appleinthetree']Really Jags actually hiking the ball on the 1 with one second left in the game while your up 27-10 to get another td. SMH, game was over man. Otherwise great game.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

[quote name='Appleinthetree']Really Jags actually hiking the ball on the 1 with one second left in the game while your up 27-10 to get another td. SMH, game was over man. Otherwise great game.[/QUOTE]

Yep good game to you also. And yes. He had just thrown the ball for an interception with about 1:55 in the game left or so. I ran it several times to run the clock down. On third down I had gotten down to within the five I ran again to finish the clock and scored. Go ahead burn me at the stake, but I was not passing and was actively trying to run down the clock in the 3rd and 4th. I hope you understand I didn't intend anything malicious by it.

3 score lead should have take a knee and im sure the apple wasnt calling timeouts. the td seems like ur trying to gain extra xp

[quote name='DVO21']3 score lead should have take a knee and im sure the apple wasnt calling timeouts. the td seems like ur trying to gain extra xp[/QUOTE]

Agreed, we have all had the opportunity to score at the end of a game and didn't.

[quote name='DVO21']3 score lead should have take a knee and im sure the apple wasnt calling timeouts. the td seems like ur trying to gain extra xp[/QUOTE]

I wasn't calling any timeouts, I had one left and didn't use it because I realized the game was out of reach. The game clock was set to expire before the play clock, so he didn't even need to run the ball on the third down play. I have no issues with the Jags but wish this doesn't happen again. We are in a different league than playing a random guy over x box live where anything goes.

hes fresh to the league no need need to blow up over it unless it keeps happening... agreed tho after 2 min up that much u shouldnt score unless they throw a pick and thats even.fround apon

[quote name='Appleinthetree']I wasn't calling any timeouts, I had one left and didn't use it because I realized the game was out of reach. The game clock was set to expire before the play clock, so he didn't even need to run the ball on the third down play. I have no issues with the Jags but wish this doesn't happen again. We are in a different league than playing a random guy over x box live where anything goes.[/QUOTE]

Well, I will formally apologize then. I am sorry. I didn't intend maliciousness by it. I always try to play cleanly and keep my opponent in mind. Occasionally stuff can slip through the cracks I suppose. If you guys want to give me a warning or whatever feel free.

No need for a warning or anything, I trust you won't do it again. When your opponent is yielding by not calling timeouts, you should always be kneeling if you have the ability to end the game by doing so (so under 2 minutes).

GG blade, idk what happend after halftime you seemed to figure out my defense with the pass then I just started then kinda stopped you for the most part.

[quote name='GpNinja']GG blade, idk what happend after halftime you seemed to figure out my defense with the pass then I just started then kinda stopped you for the most part.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I just got really pissed I didn't get that touchdown. Then you kept making that throw to the TE who was wide open every time, GG though.

Redskins and Giants tried to play today but since madden has connection problems, we're going to try again tomorrow

falcons are looking for a WR in be my number 2 guy or number three guy during the offseason.
willing to trade my 1st round pick or second round pick for a really good WR or even more picks for one.
OR
if i cant find someone to take that offer i would like to get another first round pick in the draft. being will willing to trade my 2nd round in this years draft 1st and 3rd for next years draft to go along with my second round

Just FYI, Best Buy Deal of the Day is 3 Months XBL Gold and 800 MSP for $12.99, dead online but instore works. Purchase the XBL Gold 3 Month card with the back scratch off and the 800 MSP code will be printed on the receipt.

[quote name='RamesuThe1']Sad to see Ray go. Hope the fire is lit in Charm City #RavensNation[/QUOTE]

Doubt it was coincidence that he announced when he did. Even if he doesn't plan on actually retiring, why not use it as a motivational tool?

i like ray lewis and all but im pulling for a colts and redskins super bowl wont happen but it would be very interesting. im guessing broncos vs seahawks or falcons

[quote name='DVO21']i like ray lewis and all but im pulling for a colts and redskins super bowl wont happen but it would be very interesting. im guessing broncos vs seahawks or falcons[/QUOTE]

Seahawks? I doubt that...

san fran is falling apart. vikings arent going to far falcons might end up choking. green bay doesnt have it this year redskins wont get past the seahawks defense. seahawks are a really hot team right now and its the right time to be hot.

[quote name='DVO21']san fran is falling apart. vikings arent going to far falcons might end up choking. green bay doesnt have it this year redskins wont get past the seahawks defense. seahawks are a really hot team right now and its the right time to be hot.[/QUOTE]

ive seen seattle play great them and the redskins could come away with a superbowl game... i got a feeling peytons going and with this bronco team theres no losing... anyone see demaryous thomas get that one hand catch? if the ravens lose i have the broncos winning it all

Not sure where all this Bronco love is coming from, they got beat by every top tier team they played. ESPN has fallen in love with them lately.

I got San Fran and New England Part II

Seattle is mediocre on the road.

I'm going Broncos-Niners, but New England wouldn't surprise me at all. I really don't see anyone but New England/Denver coming out of the AFC and San Fran/Atlanta out of the NFC. All the other teams are pretty flawed. Packers would be my clear #5 though, for whatever it's worth.

[quote name='Doomtime']Not sure where all this Bronco love is coming from, they got beat by every top tier team they played. ESPN has fallen in love with them lately.

I got San Fran and New England Part II

Seattle is mediocre on the road.[/QUOTE]

u can never count out peyton and the broncos are rolling.... san fran got destroyed by seattle.... they left embarrassed. sanfran isnt making it... id like to see seattle or the redskins make it... afc id rather see peyton do it if the ravens cant and the ravens might go deep.but unless all of our defense plays were not goin far. peyton is a great story missed a whole season cut by his team comes to the broncos and makes sb appearance...

[quote name='BSETI50']5 games left...

Redskins@giants
Cheifs@broncos
Raiders@chargers
Bears@packers
Cowboys@seahawks[/QUOTE]

raiders and packers have cpu games ..... if we find someone before i can get my bro back online thats fine

im glad the pats didnt let the ravens draft hightower to succeed lewis...hightower had a dece year for the ppats but he plays OLB, hes really a Mlb tho pats just have too many

I would only be surprised if Washington, Indianapolis, Seattle or Cincinnati made it to the Super Bowl. Nothing else would shock me. Its all about who executes better that day. Sometimes its as simples as a bounce or two. Every team is flawed to an extent but every team has great strengths as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RamesuThe1']I would only be surprised if Washington, Indianapolis, Seattle or Cincinnati made it to the Super Bowl. Nothing else would shock me. Its all about who executes better that day. Sometimes its as simples as bounce or two. Every team is flawed to an extent but every team has great strengths as well.[/QUOTE]

to beat the packers u have to score .... i just cant decise which offense i like better seattle or washington....

[quote name='sprice8688']to beat the packers u have to score .... i just cant decise which offense i like better seattle or washington....[/QUOTE]

Depends if RGIII is 100%

[quote name='RamesuThe1']I would only be surprised if Washington, Indianapolis, Seattle or Cincinnati made it to the Super Bowl. Nothing else would shock me. Its all about who executes better that day. Sometimes its as simples as a bounce or two. Every team is flawed to an extent but every team has great strengths as well.[/QUOTE]

anyone if the playoffs making it to the super bowl shouldnt be a surprise this season has been quite the crazy one. but the teams u said would surprise u i would love to see do it since dallas isnt i the playoffs im going for the under dog. but i would hate to see the pats in the super bowl again or see san fran in it

[quote name='DVO21']anyone if the playoffs making it to the super bowl shouldnt be a surprise this season has been quite the crazy one. but the teams u said would surprise u i would love to see do it since dallas isnt i the playoffs im going for the under dog. but i would hate to see the pats in the super bowl again or see san fran in it[/QUOTE]

I mentioned those teams because they are probably the least talented across the board. Though they make up for it with excellent coaching or a couple of outstanding players. But the playoff ride should be fun either way. It seems like the football season comes and goes so quickly. I wanna hold on to whats left.

[quote name='Doomtime']Andy Reid may be on his way to KC[/QUOTE]

lol staticz and my dad would be so pissed i sure hope he does go there

[quote name='DVO21']lol staticz and my dad would be so pissed i sure hope he does go there[/QUOTE]

Nah. I think Reid is a good coach and needed a change in scenery.

I know a lot of people won't believe me but I still think KC is the best job available. Tons of cap room, #1 pick, and a good fan base.

i know id like to see the redskins trade kick cousins but im not sure if they will do it but i think he should be better than anyone in the draft qb wise. also curious to see if Kyle Shanahan is ready to leave his father shadow after the playoffs and get a HC job i could see him trying to bring cousins with him. be a good fit for KC or even the jets

[quote name='BSETI50']5 games left...

Redskins@giants
Cheifs@broncos
Raiders@chargers
Bears@packers
Cowboys@seahawks[/QUOTE]

I PMd superstar(cowboys). Writing for response.

[quote name='DVO21']i know id like to see the redskins trade kick cousins but im not sure if they will do it but i think he should be better than anyone in the draft qb wise. also curious to see if Kyle Shanahan is ready to leave his father shadow after the playoffs and get a HC job i could see him trying to bring cousins with him. be a good fit for KC or even the jets[/QUOTE]

man after watching him tie the ravens on that final drive he has my respect.. i was insanely upset about that game

Staticz and I just encountered the most bizarre bug I've ever seen. We were going along swimmingly, no lag, when all of a sudden we start getting messages about a "do over" on every down. The play would register, but it would throw us right back to the line of scrimmage without the opportunity to call a new play. What's more bizarre, players seemed to disappear and not be able to be subbed back in (Von Miller for example). I believe he was missing a few as well.

We're going to restart to be safe, but it was truly bizarre. Anybody ever see that before?

[quote name='bvharris']Staticz and I just encountered the most bizarre bug I've ever seen. We were going along swimmingly, no lag, when all of a sudden we start getting messages about a "do over" on every down. The play would register, but it would throw us right back to the line of scrimmage without the opportunity to call a new play. What's more bizarre, players seemed to disappear and not be able to be subbed back in (Von Miller for example). I believe he was missing a few as well.

We're going to restart to be safe, but it was truly bizarre. Anybody ever see that before?[/QUOTE]

ive seen in a ranked game but i never was missing any players i just thought it had to do with the server at the time

Denver Broncos 21 - Kansas City Chiefs 17

The Broncos played host to the rival Chiefs looking to wrest away control of the AFC West. The game could not have started more disastrously for the Broncos, when the Chiefs followed up an opening drive TD by getting a pick six of Osweiler on the Broncos' first drive to go up 14-0. The Broncos D absolutely dominated from that point forward though, with the only other Chiefs points coming on a FG to close the half after being given a short field by an ill-advised Broncos fake punt from the 50. The offense stabilized enough behind strong running from Willis McGahee to claw out a win.

Osweiler was a solid 8 of 13 for 146 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT.

Weeden was 7 of 20 for 98 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT.

Willis McGahee was again the most effective back for the Broncos, taking his 7 carries for 90 yards and 2 TDs. It's good he did, since DMC was abysmal in this one, carrying 13 times for 23 yards. He had a long of 14, which means his other 12 carries resulted in 9 total yards. I don't know if I'm ready to declare McGahee the starter, but he's certainly earning himself a lot more carries with his recent performance.

Charles carried 7 times for 42 yards in this one, but the Chiefs mostly went with the pass despite leading most of the game.

Mitchell Osborne lead the Broncos with his one 65 yard score (the only play all game my receivers were able to beat press coverage). No other Broncos receiver had more than 26 yards.

Tony Moeaki lead the Chiefs with 2 catches for 42 yards, both backbreakers on 3rd down if I recall. I doubled him the rest of the game after that.

The Broncos got 2 sacks from Dumervil and 1 from Haynesworth, while Bailey had a pick. Joe Haden had about 3 bounce right off his hands.

The Chiefs got 2 sacks from Scott and 1 from Hali, in addition to a pick six by Routt.

---
gg staticz! Our games have always been excellent, it's quickly becoming a great division rivalry. Glad I was able to protect the house and salvage a split, especially given how poorly this one started.

That fake punt was pretty dumb, especially since I still had all 3 timeouts and you'd obviously sussed it out. I still probably would have gone for it, but the smarter play was definitely just running a standard formation. Thankfully I held you to only 3, or that might have been the game.

The Broncos move to 8-3-1 and into first place in the AFC West. Chiefs fall to 8-4 but are still obviously right in it. Will be interesting whether the Broncos' tie or the Chiefs' 2nd division loss will come back to haunt either team.

bread's done
Back