Madden 25 Official CAG League - 3 Seasons Completed. Shutdown for 2013-2014.

yea so im def in....

cag: bseti50

xbl: bseti50

availability: 5pm-10pm weekdays is ideal for me, but if you pm me or email me at [email protected] im usually pretty flexible with scheduling games.

how many teams are we to put on our list for the selection process?

also, i'm on the go a lot so the easiest way to reach me will be thru text. i do check the site at least once a day but since it's from my phone, i don't look forward to having to respond to PMs lol.

Cag- Doo Mane

XBL- Doo Mane

Availability- TBD

New Player No 

Seasons Played: Madden 13 Giants

Last edited by a moderator:
how many teams are we to put on our list for the selection process?

also, i'm on the go a lot so the easiest way to reach me will be thru text. i do check the site at least once a day but since it's from my phone, i don't look forward to having to respond to PMs lol.
Neither commish has your phone #...so... ;)

CAG: Zurezo

XBL: Zurezo

Availability: Email and text is the best way to set up game times. Im very flex with times to play

New Player: No

Seasons Played: 11(Steelers), 12(Steelers), 13(Bears)

Off topic: Any game recs? Preferably those I can download via XBL? I'm tempted to pick up Skyrim or ME3 again, but not sure. 

On crutches after a basketball mishap last weekend, so looking to kill some MAJOR time Sat-Sun. If only the demo was out, I could get some real practice in.

CAG: Blade3D

XBL: Blade3D

Availability: PM here, email and text for points of contact. Im very flexible with times to play, usually after 4-5PM CST, usually free most times on the weekend.

Off topic: Any game recs? Preferably those I can download via XBL? I'm tempted to pick up Skyrim or ME3 again, but not sure.

On crutches after a basketball mishap last weekend, so looking to kill some MAJOR time Sat-Sun. If only the demo was out, I could get some real practice in.
I've been digging Tomb Raider and you might as well grab Crackdown since it is free right now.

Just wondering if theres an answer to if we're doing owner or just coaching. And how will trades be judged/if there will be any limitations to them? Those are just two things i would consider while doing my team selecting that i dont have answers too.

Trading will be done (most likely) just like last year and we will probably be doing coaches only. People moving teams/renaming/whatever and then bailing is not going to encourage people to join the league in later seasons.

Fero and I are still discussing a few things and I don't even think team/player ratings are out yet. I haven't been keeping up with the news, in fact I haven't ordered Madden yet, need to get that done :p

I figured we wouldnt be doing the moving teams even if we did owner. I believe(i'll double check when i have access to a computer) i read that you can turn that option off. That would leave doing stadium upgrades, pricing and staffing as the major parts left with owner mode.

In regards to trades, i just was unsure if there would be a trade cap or if itll be open like last year.

BigAT, PacerPerspect, Appleinthetree, DarthoftheDead, billymcdugal, neworlbush25, and gpninja:

You've all been pmed, repeatedly. Both by me and Staticz. 

You will have until Noon EST Tomorrow to claim your guaranteed spots.

To the League:

At 12:15 PM EST, We will be  performing the Standby Lottery and Announce the Team Selection process.

Congratulations to the Following people who will be allowed to send team selections to me.

ubernes, siradam134, staticz, Mr Grand Cru, Doomtime, Augmog, hemingway012, Chetty12, MasterAwesome, sprice8688, itlnstln, Ramesuthe1, Matt Young, Tanabeo, Superstar, LVPatriots, Deuce20602, Zurezo, bseti50, OG Whitewidow, dvo21, Blade3d, Man2008, L4WII

This is 24 of our 32 Spots

Lottery Results: (No Lottery was needed to be held)

ballhawk20
DooMane
TimbosliceGB

To the Above, Welcome to the League. 

We are now at 27/32 slots, and looking for more. 

HOW WE ARE SELECTING TEAMS   

We are ready to officially announce how we'll be selecting teams this year! We will be doing a lottery, but with a couple of rules to make things interesting as well as fair. I will outline it all for everyone below, but if you need me to explain anything further just let me know.  

1. The Dolphins and Packers will be grandfathered to siradam and Matt, respectively. They are the only owners who have been in every season last year with the same team AND have held their team consecutively for the last 4 Years of Madden. Every other team is up for grabs!   

2. Each owner will submit a Top 5 list of teams. There is going to be a good amount of strategy to this so here's where you'll want to pay attention. Your #1 choice would trump another owner's #2 choice. If more than one owner picks the same team as their #1 choice then names are pulled out of a hat.   

3. We've adopted a new rule for previous superbowl winners as of this year. The following owners will only be allowed to have the following list of teams on their ballot at the 4th or 5th Position. Any higher than this, and that team gets removed from their ballot.

Owners: BigAT, Mr Grand Cru, Doomtime, augmog, sprice8688, hemingway012, chetty12
Team List: Ravens, Patriots, Steelers, Texans, Broncos, Falcons, Giants, Seahawks, 49ers   

Scenarios: 

-Doomtime ranks the Chiefs as his #1 team. MasterAwesome ranks the Chiefs as his #2 team. No other owner ranks the Chiefs. Result: Doomtime automatically gets the Chiefs.   
-Doomtime ranks the Chiefs as his #1 team. MasterAwesome also ranks the Chiefs as his #1 team. Cru ranks the Chiefs as his #3 team. Only Doomtime and MasterAwesome's names are added to lottery. Result: Winner of lottery gets the Chiefs.   

4. We will first award everyone's #1 choices, then #2 and so on until all the teams added to a Top 5 list are assigned to an owner. Strategy tip: I would not add the most popular teams as your #2, #3, #4 or #5 choice. Teams you know other owners will select as their #1s (New England, for example). Any owner who picks a team as their #1 will have you beat, so for your non-#1 choices think of teams that will not be already taken at that point. Or aim for a #1 choice that others might not pick, so that you have little or no competition in that first round.   

5. After we go through everyone's Top 5 there's a decent chance people will be without teams. We'll just repeat Steps 2 and 3 with a new set of Top 5 lists for those owners who didn't manage to get a team in the first round until all teams are filled.  

We will be accepting Top 5 lists via PM (don't post these, unless you want your spot blown up) sometime next week after the final members are announced. And then we will begin announcing results throughout the day. We'll keep the suspense high, don't worry!  

Please send your lists to BOTH me and staticz respectively   

Let us know if you have any questions. Feedback welcome. 

3. We've adopted a new rule for previous superbowl winners as of this year. The following owners will only be allowed to have the following list of teams on their ballot at the 4th or 5th Position. Any higher than this, and that team gets removed from their ballot.

Owners: BigAT, Mr Grand Cru, Doomtime, augmog, sprice8688, hemingway012, chetty12
Team List: Ravens, Patriots, Steelers, Texans, Broncos, Falcons, Giants, Seahawks, 49ers
Good idea.

My husband won't let me play in this league because he knows I would beat him. ;) Right, Superstar? Hahaha.
Ouch Superstar.

439f872058e510a626d8300.gif

Noon Next Sunday. But..let's not be ridiculous. you know about it now. Submit a team within the next 2 days and be done with it already ;)

I gotta do alot of research since my 3 years as the niners is over, I don't really know many other teams in the league top to bottom. So it's gonna take me a couple days to decide

Hate to do this again this year....

If you pick the Eagles as your #1, you will not be alone.

Talented players, please stay out of the NFC North. If Madden 25 is anything like 13, I'm going to be needing any kind of advantage I can get. ;-)

bread's done
Back