Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo Network ID's)

Just got on. If anyone can make it, I'll be in the open races

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a Wii U and MK8. Already getting pummeled online. If anyone else wants some free victories, add me. lol

NNID: ihydrox

Just got a Wii U and MK8. Already getting pummeled online. If anyone else wants some free victories, add me. lol

NNID: ihydrox
Always welcome to add me. But I might be a few levels to high for you right now.

Also, here a few tips that might help ya get caught up:

-Starting Line Boost: best boost comes when you accelerate just as soon as the # 2 touches down (makes sense when you see it on screen). The 2 appears on screen, then slides down a little bit; accelerate once it's done sliding down.

-Vehicle & Racer setup: hit the Minus (or is it the Plus) button on the vehicle selection screen to see the racing specs for your choices. Also, don't remember the CAG who said it but only the completely FULL boxes make a difference on your ride.

-Stunts: tons of places where you perform a trick off of a jump. You'll need to learn those spots to just keep pace. And don't jump anywhere and everywhere on the track just for the hell of it (causes you to slow down some).

-Shortcuts: they DO exist (it is Mario Kart after all). Some are more obvious than others, as in you'll need a Mushroom to turbo thru.

-Mini Turbo boosts: you can trigger mini boosts on the anti-grav portion of the race tracks by bumping into other racers.

That's all I can think of for now. Have fun :D

Is there some trick to the 150CC class that I'm missing? I've the Mushroom cup 4 times now (different racers each time) and each time, the results are exactly the same: 

1st track - easily end up in and finish in 1st place.  

2nd, 3rd and 4th tracks - I get to 1st early in lap 1 and stay there until half-way through lap 3, when I get bombarded and end up in 4-5th place. This happened every time! 

I might just suck but I fully completed every MK up to MK DS and never had so much trouble with the series until MK Wii (which was random to the point of losing all appeal) and MK7 (which I honestly thought had blatantly cheap AI). 

The online is solid and buttery smooth though. Glad to see Nintendo finally figure that out. Also glad to see that Nintendo did some serious balancing on the items. 

I had trouble with Mushroom Cup too.  Think it took me 4 tries to finish 1st on all the races.

But, the next few cups were really easy.  Go figure.

No real trick other than trying to milk as many boosts as you can & scooping coins along the way (for that short speedup).  Get far enough ahead and the trailing pack ends up attacking each other; blue shell being the only thing that can touch you.

--  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --

On a side note, fired up MK Wii last night trying to see if my Wii was working ok (my Beatles RB disc wasn't loading) and wow, that was a shocker coming from MK8.

Hadn't played it in a long while, but I just didn't remember it looking sooo flat.  Coming from MK8, it reminded of a 2d sprite game

Anyone up for some racing tonight?

Gonna hedge my bets and say I can make it by 7:30pm PST

I've been working every night this week (and will do so all next week as well) so my play time has been scarce. Sunday night might be good for me if anyone wants to race.

I sent out a few friend requests, as well.

Dog sitting all this week, plan to do a lot of playing.  I'm up to 9401 points, plan to get up to 9999.  I think I've got a rough handle on this infernal fire hopping thing.

Hey... where'd everone go???

New karts available for immediate download!  How 'bout we start-up race night again.

Already tried  out one of them and boy do I suck.  I've been running bikes for so long that I can't do jack with karts.

Perfect time to relearn how to race.

I'm gonna try to get on at 7pm PST tonight

Doing the update now. I downloaded the DLC opened the game and was like where the fuck are my DLC karts. Had to restart the game twice for Nintendo to say hey there is an update. Also bought the two DLC packs which I used $5 from the DDP I got for registering Wind Waker HD that I got for free for buying MK8.

So I got MK8, Wind Waker HD and $5 off of DLC. For $60. Deal of the year IMO.

I've lost over 200 points per play session for 2 sessions now.  Its almost impossible to make any forward progress once you get into the 9k-10k range.  blech

^ Is there a way to get to 10k.

Highest I've ever seen is 9999; figured that was the max.

I'm this >< close to switching back to bikes.

I'm consistently getting outraced while using karts. Straightaways, curves... doesn't matter. I might as well be a pylon on wheels.

Really don't get it.

Catch a break every now and then. But for the most part I get stuck near the bottom and have to hope I get lucky with the item draw in order to move up.

9999 was the max until a few days ago with that patch. Now its 99999 i.e. I will never be able to retire.
:lol:

Yeah starting to see some other racers already in the 10,500 range :shock: . At least they're helping me gain points

I pre-ordered the DLC and downloaded my Mario mercedes karts (I'll never use them, hubby will). Got so freaked out while it was downloading as it "froze", I thought I had a brick for a moment. Luckily after a couple of troubleshooting stuff it worked. Whew.  :beer:

Theres a Mario Kart 8, Smash 3DS and Pokemans tournament in Houston on Saturday, Nov 1.  

No idea what the rulesets are going to be, but imma go.  I dont know who is where, but I can send details if anyone is interested.

I actually don't mind the blue shell but it shouldn't appear on the third lap of races. I'm working on getting 3 stars on each Grand Prix cup on 150cc and 5 or 6 times over the last day or two I've been hit by a blue shell right near the end after otherwise running a perfect race causing me to lose. It's really annoying because then you have to play the whole Grand Prix over again because you have to get first place on each race for 3 stars.

Does anyone know if the $11.99 for both DLC packs is a temporary discount or will it stay around?  I'd buy it, but I'm wondering if there will ever be a 4-pack or something including these that will be cheaper.

Does anyone know if the $11.99 for both DLC packs is a temporary discount or will it stay around? I'd buy it, but I'm wondering if there will ever be a 4-pack or something including these that will be cheaper.
Since the second pack is not due out until 7 months from now, we probably won't hear anything about more DLC until then (or perhaps E3). My guess is there won't be any further DLC for this game. No reason to wait until May though. It's great value for both packs already and you get to start with it next month.

[quote name="Josh5890" post="12204154" timestamp="1414951709"]So now we just wait for an announcement of official release any day now.[/quote] yeah, I'm just afraid I won't touch it if it comes after smash releases.

[quote name="RoytheRobot" post="12207912" timestamp="1415044153"]yeah, I'm just afraid I won't touch it if it comes after smash releases.[/quote] nevermind. The first dlc packs comes out on November 13, and it looks amazing. I'm afraid I'll drop 100 hours more on this game.

So I just got Mario Kart 8... The DLC combo pack for $11.99 worth it? Or should I just wait for a future deal?

Any advice would be great.

[quote name="lovepig78" post="12215516" timestamp="1415256536"]So I just got Mario Kart 8... The DLC combo pack for $11.99 worth it? Or should I just wait for a future deal?

Any advice would be great.[/quote] I really don't think it will be any lower than this. You should get it now.

[quote name="polis" post="12234751" timestamp="1415828599"]Just bought it and will be getting the dlc. Add me if you like, polis79[/quote] Will add you.

Heads up:

200cc update and the 2nd DLC pack are now available. I've already downloaded, installed, and tested it and I like it. Nintendo even got me to somewhat like Ribbon Road and Cheese Land, which I absolutely hated back on the GBA.

Baby Park on 200cc is incredible. An entire 7 laps doesn't even last 2 minutes.

I love the Animal Crossing track. If you drive up near KK Slider you can him singing. These little easter eggs are very cool. Anyone else discover little secrets like this?

bread's done
Back