Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo Network ID's)

I haven't noticed much yet other than the Animal Crossing track having the little noise when you collect coins (err, bells, for this one), like with the Hyrule track.

I think I like this DLC pack more than the first. But even if only because Baby Park is insane on 150-200CC. 

Are people not playing 200CC online anymore? I've gone under Custom Match and searched but it never pairs me up with anyone.

I didn't do any research on the Gamecube controller compatibility and of course they don't work...  :censored:. I just assumed they would! How do you guys play local 4-player? I don't want to buy 4 pro controllers... They are not very good controllers.

I heard that the Wii U Fight Pad Controller works for Mario Kart.
By plugging it into a WiiMote.

http://m.gamestop.com/browse/search?searchTerm=Wii%20U%20Fight%20Pad%20Controller

I asked a Gamestop employee a couple days ago about it, and they said yes.
So don't quote me on it :)
Yes, it does work, but the fight pad creators inexplicably switched the placement of the R and Z buttons. If you tried to powerslide using this controller you just end up looking into your rearview mirror. I don't know if there is a way to map controller buttons in Mario Kart, but that was my experience with it.

I use mine for Smash Bros. since I've killed all of my gamecube controllers already. It's pretty good for Smash (after you reverse the button layout).

There is also a controller called the Hori Battle Pad that doesn't have this issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Racing on the new Legend of Zelda track with my LoZ bike - decked out in Triforce wheels for that matter - and Link as my racer, I'm in utter nostalgic glee!  :D/

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back