Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo Network ID's)

Yeah, I was Nick; using DK on a bike.

Maybe we should update the google doc with the name that pops up in-game.

I got 2 Luigi's on my only trip. Now I need 2 Mario's just to pair things up.
Any idea what other figs are available?
Peach, dk, Yoshi, toad, and bowser. Oh and a Mario visor

I'll try to jump on tonight. My oldest turned 6 today and i told her we would watch a movie tonight to cap off her birthday. Hopefully she passes out around 10 pm EST.

Sounds good, while I don't work tonight, I am helping my mom prepare for the carpet cleaners that are going to her house tomorrow, so i should hopefully be on by 8-ish PST. If anyone wants to race that late, as most of you seem to be EST, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ 8pst should work for me.  I'm barely gonna leave work so 8's the earliest I could see making it.

Hopefully, I'll see some of you on there.  Happy racing!

Getting on now. I ready for some great racing!

Has anyone created a room yet? I haven't played on CAG night in a few weeks.

hey everyone, if you see me pop into your room and then leave after a race or two and you want some easy points, go find the room I eventually join.  I consistently get matched up with players in the 8k-9999 points, and you get ridiculous points in almost every position finished.  

hey everyone, if you see me pop into your room and then leave after a race or two and you want some easy points, go find the room I eventually join. I consistently get matched up with players in the 8k-9999 points, and you get ridiculous points in almost every position finished.
Keep forgetting to tell you DMK that I can't join rooms you're in but I can join other CAGs without issues.

You might have a setting in your profile blocking people. Either that or you just have me blocked :razz:

Just jumped in.  

I'll be in the free-4-all while everyone gets on.  Look for "Nick" 

Nick, you and Dr.Mario Kart were too good. I couldn't hang so I jumped after the room kept getting smaller. Thanks for the games last night!

Nick, you and Dr.Mario Kart were too good. I couldn't hang so I jumped after the room kept getting smaller. Thanks for the games last night!
Haha, no worries. Thanks for hopping on.

Believe me, I've had more than my fair share of nights where I just get pummeled. Kinda like what happened to me on the Rainbow track; one second I'm closing in on the leader, next I'm dead last.

Worst seemed to happen when I use to race with Mario and the yoshi bike. I swear that combo was a magnet for EVERYONE's attack.

Had a couple friends over last night and used the Wiimote for the first time with this, man it controls bad....

Thankfully Pro Controllers are $30 at BB next week so I'll pick one up.

Hoping to hope on tonight at a friends house so we can call play and introduce him to the CAG community. Who should I add on his friend list
Go ahead and add me on if you haven't already: aFriendbFrosty

Just list CAG in the comment and I'll know to accept.

[quote name="madcyantist" post="11936216" timestamp="1405730717"]Anyone want to MK8 it up tonight? I'm EST.[/quote]
I'm up for some games, feel free to add me. I should be home shortly

[quote name="madcyantist" post="11938376" timestamp="1405814394"]Playing now. NNID is chhant.[/quote] I'll be adding you in a second. I can't play much though

hey everyone, if you see me pop into your room and then leave after a race or two and you want some easy points, go find the room I eventually join. I consistently get matched up with players in the 8k-9999 points, and you get ridiculous points in almost every position finished.
Good to know! I'm not too obsessed with points yet, but that's probably because I don't have very many!

--

I'm also in favor of dropping out of public rooms that consistently have just 2 or 3 people. Points wise, it's such a waste. Should we make up a code phrase for when we're jumping ship?

Yeah, while not great for getting points, a small group does help you get practice in and improve the lines you take around the track.

The mayhem that goes down during a race doesn't give you a whole lotta time to experiment.

As for the code, you mean using one of the talk bubbles???  How 'bout " I'm a Little Nervous ".

Speaking of codes, anyone up for adding CAG to their in-game name; like for me it would look like "(CAG) Nick".  

Would make it easier to figure out who's part of the group while in open rooms

So I was gonna update my name to "(CAG) Nick" but couldn't figure it out (insert fail whale).

Anyone know how to update their in-game name? (not the Nintendo Network ID).

I was looking thru my profile via the Miiverse channel.

[quote name="rbarba4" post="11957854" timestamp="1406407352"]So I was gonna update my name to [background=rgb(35,37,43)]"[/background](CAG) Nick[background=rgb(35,37,43)]" but couldn't figure it out (insert fail whale).[/background]

[background=rgb(35,37,43)]Anyone know how to update their in-game name? (not the Nintendo Network ID).[/background]
[background=rgb(35,37,43)]I was looking thru my profile via the Miiverse channel.[/background][/quote]
I changed my name a few weeks ago, and I remember it being a huge roundabout pain in the ass. I'll look into it tonight to try and remember, and post back with my findings.

So I was gonna update my name to "(CAG) Nick" but couldn't figure it out (insert fail whale).

Anyone know how to update their in-game name? (not the Nintendo Network ID).

I was looking thru my profile via the Miiverse channel.
I changed my name a few weeks ago, and I remember it being a huge roundabout pain in the ass. I'll look into it tonight to try and remember, and post back with my findings.
Ok. It took a bit of digging, but I re-figured out how to do this. You can't edit a user mii through Mii Maker, or the Miiverse channel. You have to do it in User Settings. When you hit the home button, follow these steps to change your Mii's name:

1. In the top left corner, click on your current user icon.
  2. Select the user you want to edit, and choose "User Settings".
  3. Select "View/Modify User Information".
  4. Select "Change Mii".
  5. Hit OK.
  6. Choose "Edit User Mii".
  7. Go to the name page and change it. Hit Save twice.
  8. Choose "Register", then "OK".
  9. One more "OK" and you should be good to go.

Ok. It took a bit of digging, but I re-figured out how to do this. You can't edit a user mii through Mii Maker, or the Miiverse channel. You have to do it in User Settings. When you hit the home button, follow these steps to change your Mii's name:

1. In the top left corner, click on your current user icon.
  2. Select the user you want to edit, and choose "User Settings".
  3. Select "View/Modify User Information".
  4. Select "Change Mii".
  5. Hit OK.
  6. Choose "Edit User Mii".
  7. Go to the name page and change it. Hit Save twice.
  8. Choose "Register", then "OK".
  9. One more "OK" and you should be good to go.
Thanks Ltrain23. I'm now officially "[cag] Nick" in races.

The "Change Mii" was what threw me off. I kept trying to edit my profile w/out having to change my Mii and never found the option to change the name.

For anyone else who's lost, the name that shows during races is technically the name you gave to your Mii. So to change it you do what Ltrain23 posted; there will be the option to make changes to the Mii you currently have and at the last screen you'll be able to change the name.

bread's done
Back