Married CAGs: How to deal with OTTZILLA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started Fallout 3 yesterday...I'm not feeling it so far. With Oblivion I was in right away.

F3 is kinda hard to play...I have no idea how to pick locks, it took me forever to find my map and to find out what I'm supposed to be doing. Now that I know all that is on my PIP I should have a better time, but we'll see.

Hey, LinkinPrime. Try to find the hidden 400 MS points code on my website!

[quote name='Mojimbo']Press start --> x ---> scroll through menus for "collectibles" and "safes", Rocko.[/QUOTE]
Oh, cool, thanks. I was looking for that since they had it in the first game, but I figured it would've been in the Don's View with the other info about the business like the first game.

After signing up for classes yesterday and seeing that the start date is May 11th, even if I were to start working tomorrow, I would only be able to work for about 2 weeks. This brings into focus my next point....tomorrow is 4/20. :lol:

Doesn't it give you an on screen tutorial on picking locks? I only played the game for like 30 minutes before I let a friend borrow it (which I need back) and it told me how to pick locks.

Well I talked it over with my family and they are cool with me not getting a job and just going back to school. It sucks that it took me this long to find a job and now that I have, I'm not even going to work, but I guess it will be worth it to just go to school full time and get it over with. Hopefully it will pay off before the world ends.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I started Fallout 3 yesterday...I'm not feeling it so far. With Oblivion I was in right away.

F3 is kinda hard to play...I have no idea how to pick locks, it took me forever to find my map and to find out what I'm supposed to be doing. Now that I know all that is on my PIP I should have a better time, but we'll see.[/quote]

Give it a chance. It's an unbelievably awesome game if you have patience. I thought half the fun was just exploring the world and pretending you really are a loner seeing all of it for the first time. There's some interesting shit out there if you explore. :)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So how do you pick locks in Fallout 3? Any tips?[/quote]

The best suggestion I can give is if you find it too difficult, just save right before you're about to pick a lock and if you fail or use too many picks just reload the save.

Awesome, the UFC demo is on the user network. :0)

Now I just need to remember the name of that program I used to to transfer content over to my hard drive.

I think I just need to loosen up when I play Fallout 3. I'm used to rigid linear structures and Fallout 3 is clearly not that. I can see myself enjoying it if I just go with the flow.

Also, I didn't realize Godfather II spelled the executions and shit out for you. I might be able to 1000/1000 it, which would be nice. Is there an easy or reliable way to get a guy on his knees?

Yeah, in games I normally like being told exactly what to do and where to go but I thought part of the fun of Fallout was exploring and accidentally coming across missions.

[quote name='Maklershed']Yeah, in games I normally like being told exactly what to do and where to go but I thought part of the fun of Fallout was exploring and accidentally coming across missions.[/quote]
That's how it was with Oblivion for me. But with Fallout there really wasn't much incentive to explore, or at least I didn't think so. You're pretty much guaranteed to get ambushed by raiders or talon mercs. And when you're still at a low level it can screw you over pretty badly.

I looked forward to those ambushes. Especially the Talon Company Mercs. I would crush them instantly and get to repair my armor and weapons with theirs. And I just loved the setting. I guess thats why I liked exploring so much. It almost seemed like I was in a world that existed with or without my presence.

[quote name='Eviltude']For Temp:
[/quote]

Ugh, I really didn't like the TC is test drove. Everything was PLAS-TEKK! Compared to the Lancer...just...blah!

[quote name='Maklershed']I looked forward to those ambushes. Especially the Talon Company Mercs. I would crush them instantly and get to repair my armor and weapons with theirs. And I just loved the setting. I guess thats why I liked exploring so much. It almost seemed like I was in a world that existed with or without my presence.[/quote]
To me it felt like the entire world was against you. Anybody you met outside of a town was hostile. Any building you went into was either filled with raiders, mutants, or creatures. There were few occasions where that wasn't the case like with the Republic of Dave, I think it was called. If there more of those tiny alcoves of people I think I would have been more interested in exploring. Also a good portion of the map is inaccessible unless you traveled underground which was always a bitch.

[quote name='dcfox']To me it felt like the entire world was against you. Anybody you met outside of a town was hostile. Any building you went into was either filled with raiders, mutants, or creatures. There were few occasions where that wasn't the case like with the Republic of Dave, I think it was called. If there more of those tiny alcoves of people I think I would have been more interested in exploring. Also a good portion of the map is inaccessible unless you traveled underground which was always a bitch.[/quote]

That's not true. I always bumped into people out in the wastes that were friendly.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']That's not true. I always bumped into people out in the wastes that were friendly.[/quote]
Stop trying to ruin my point :bomb:

Are there any graphical indicators that an E74/RLOD might be on the way?

I was playing RB and the picture got very "static-y" and looked like it was starting to lose v-hold. It did it for about 10-15 seconds and then returned to normal. Just wondering if it might've been some impressive interference, the 360, or maybe the TV.

First time I'd ever seen something like that. Weird.

I had 0 indicators before I got E74.

I was playing L4D, by screen suddenly got a shit load of pink lines, turned off the 360, turned back on, 1 red light.

No problems before that.

[quote name='Rocko']I had 0 indicators before I got E74.

I was playing L4D, by screen suddenly got a shit load of pink lines, turned off the 360, turned back on, 1 red light.

No problems before that.[/QUOTE]
I just rebooted it just to check and it was fine. Might've just been some weird-ass interference.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I just rebooted it just to check and it was fine. Might've just been some weird-ass interference.[/quote]

Don't be so sure, dude.

I had the weird static pixelation thing happen, and three weeks later, RRoD.

[quote name='prmononoke']Don't be so sure, dude.

I had the weird static pixelation thing happen, and three weeks later, RRoD.[/QUOTE]
As much as it would suck, I'd be relieved if it were the 360. I'd rather get that fixed than deal with it if it was a TV problem.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']As much as it would suck, I'd be relieved if it were the 360. I'd rather get that fixed than deal with it if it was a TV problem.[/quote]
At least your 360 would be covered by warranty

[quote name='dcfox']Starting bid $80? Damn. :lol:[/QUOTE]

They're super limited and one just sold for $67. If I can't sell them for some ridiculous sum like $80, I'd rather keep 'em. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back