Mass Effect 3 Discussion Thread

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Free avatar shirts from the UK facebook page. Details at the link.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=360127[/QUOTE]
There's a thread about this somewhere else on CAG. The thing is, the third shirt that you get for sharing with 5 friends isn't the one pictured, it's actually the "Better with Kinect" shirt that was part of an earlier Facebook promotion. So don't be surprised if you get the "You already own this content" message when you try to redeem it.

ARG! I just checked my amazon page because I realized that I had not received the shipping conformation email from yesterday. A few weeks after I ordered my card was stolen, and even though I updated the card info with amazon, since the original card was dead, they needed me to click "confirm" before they would ship it! CRAP! I made it before the "1 day" shipping window closes today, but still, they didn't send me a notice to confirm the transfer to the new card until 3AM TODA(and of course, the mail was in JUNK folder since amazon has 6 difference notification email addresses, and thats the one I've enever received an email from)!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I don't know... There's no way they didn't know about this in advance, and there's no way they didn't know that it would piss people off. If they ever intended to solve this, it would have been solved months ago in development. I'm not optimistic.[/QUOTE]

I'm angry! I loved my Shepard but now it's a pain to try to get him to look exactly like he normally did. I'll try to get him to look like he did but then just import my saved game again

Ryu - Exactly. This is somewhat reminiscent of the DA2 auto attack scenario. The team knew two weeks in advanced they botched it up in production, but were afraid of losing preorders so EA had the devs lie about it until fans found out the truth and called them out. After that all threads pertaining to the subject were locked or deleted and devs clammed up until it was fixed. 90% of the fans (myself included) weren't even mad that it wasn't launch ready - we still bought at launch. We were just pissed that they lied about it for so long.

Whatever. If I do decide to go through with importing my other profiles I'll just use the new face I made for the males and make a new one for the females. It's still ridiculous something like this was allowed to happen in the first place. I know I personally spent a lot of time with that creator trying to make something decent out of it. There's no way in hell I'm going to waste more trying to duplicate 7-8 different faces just to play without any irritation.

On the face import issue...they've also let out that if you made ANY changes to your face in ME2....you won't have the problem. Only if you left it untouched from ME1 through ME2, and try to import with ME3.

I read somewhere it's the scars you can get in ME2 that mess it all up.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Ryu - Exactly. This is somewhat reminiscent of the DA2 auto attack scenario. The team knew two weeks in advanced they botched it up in production, but were afraid of losing preorders so EA had the devs lie about it until fans found out the truth and called them out. After that all threads pertaining to the subject were locked or deleted and devs clammed up until it was fixed. 90% of the fans (myself included) weren't even mad that it wasn't launch ready - we still bought at launch. We were just pissed that they lied about it for so long.

Whatever. If I do decide to go through with importing my other profiles I'll just use the new face I made for the males and make a new one for the females. It's still ridiculous something like this was allowed to happen in the first place. I know I personally spent a lot of time with that creator trying to make something decent out of it. There's no way in hell I'm going to waste more trying to duplicate 7-8 different faces just to play without any irritation.[/QUOTE]
The more I think about this... just, gah... How could this possibly have been a situation that the developers thought was acceptable? I'm total BioWare Defense Force and I scoff at almost all of the constant BioWare-is-Terrible-Now hysteria over various perceived issues, but seriously, something like this really makes me wonder, Does anybody over there understand why fans like Mass Effect? Like, at all?

[quote name='pilferk']On the face import issue...they've also let out that if you made ANY changes to your face in ME2....you won't have the problem. Only if you left it untouched from ME1 through ME2, and try to import with ME3.[/QUOTE]
IIRC, there was no option in ME2 to edit your ME1 face, only to import it as-is or start over in the character creator.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
IIRC, there was no option in ME2 to edit your ME1 face, only to import it as-is or start over in the character creator.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing...but that's what the devs posted on BWN.

Does anyone know where the code for the soundtrack is? Didn't see any paper on it in my N7 Edition.

And how do you take the discs out of the steelbook without breaking anything?

[quote name='pilferk']I thought the same thing...but that's what the devs posted on BWN.[/QUOTE]
Maybe in the PC version or something? I'm like 1000% sure that you couldn't tweak an imported face in the Xbox 360 version of ME2. Which makes sense, because the character creation options had changed between games, so the slider settings didn't translate. You could import an old face mesh as-is, but you couldn't translate an old face mesh to the new sliders which would allow it to be edited.

Why this shouldn't work the exact same way going from ME2 -> ME3 is mystifying to me.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The more I think about this... just, gah... How could this possibly have been a situation that the developers thought was acceptable? I'm total BioWare Defense Force and I scoff at almost all of the constant BioWare-is-Terrible-Now hysteria over various perceived issues, but seriously, something like this really makes me wonder, Does anybody over there understand why fans like Mass Effect? Like, at all?[/QUOTE]

Well... just like back then there really isn't any good way to spin what went down now. It sucks and because I know you guys are such huge fans I try to avoid bashing whenever humanly possible out of respect. Sadly the BSN thread almost reached 150 pages before an official one was made and nearly all inquires before then were met with silence. I think the only people who responded were members of the team who weren't that involved to begin with and legitimately couldn't respond with anything other than "I'll talk to [insert name here] and see if I can get some answers."

It's a pattern I've noticed since ME2's release that hasn't changed. Whenever a huge issue arises that the devs won't respond to you can count on it being 100% true and because the higher ups told them to keep their mouths shut.

I'm not going to make a big deal out of this though and ruin the thread for the rest of you.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
IIRC, there was no option in ME2 to edit your ME1 face, only to import it as-is or start over in the character creator.[/QUOTE]

You could upgrade the medic bay that would remove your scars and also keep new scars from appearing. This could be what saves your face in ME3.

what a cluster. Apparently because I changed consoles from ME2 to ME3, ME3 couldn't recognize my old ME2 save (even though I copied it via memory stick to the HD). Luckily, I still have my old 360 and was able to get it working enough to do the import and save the game.

[quote name='usickenme']what a cluster. Apparently because I changed consoles from ME2 to ME3, ME3 couldn't recognize my old ME2 save (even though I copied it via memory stick to the HD). Luckily, I still have my old 360 and was able to get it working enough to do the import and save the game.[/QUOTE]

This is of great concern. I read about this last night and know I definitely played ME2 on a different console than I have now.

Perhaps if I load one of my save-games on the newer console in ME2 and make a new save file, that'll solve the problem. Either that, or BioWare/EA will come out with a patch resolving this issue by the time I finally get to the game next week.

Stupid UPS skipped my apartment rather than leaving at the apartment office like every other fucking package they've ever delivered. If I find a CE at best buy or gamestop, I'm sending this one back to amazon without opening it. So disappointed with them right now.

[quote name='Kylearan']This is of great concern. I read about this last night and know I definitely played ME2 on a different console than I have now.

Perhaps if I load one of my save-games on the newer console in ME2 and make a new save file, that'll solve the problem. Either that, or BioWare/EA will come out with a patch resolving this issue by the time I finally get to the game next week.[/QUOTE]

I tried that but ME2 wouldn't recognize the old save from a different console. It's weird and hopefully fixable. And just to be clear, (for me) this had nothing to do with cloud saves. I've haven't used cloud saves yet

To clarify, since I don't want to risk spoilers by reading through the rest of this thread.... the online pass doesn't get you the "From Ashes" DLC, does it?

Online Pass is separate from From Ashes.

I opened up my Collectors Edition and got a surprise. 2 comics and 2 picture/lithographs/whatever they call them. Anybody else have this happen? Not sure what to do with the extras. Man it takes a while to get this game up to playing speed with all the downloads and the disc installs. So much excitement leads to so much impatience.

Went and picked up my CE from BB after work today. Talked with the customer rep there and found out he just bought ME2 because he thought he should play it before ME3. Wha? ME2 is awesome! Lol, in his defense he was deployed over seas so he's catching up. Still he told me he ran through it really fast before ME3 and I'm like no no dude the Mass Effect games are meant to be played seeing the sights and taking it all in. ^^

I also mentioned this game to a few co-workers today and I think I left a few watering mouths. :D It was funny as a few saw the commercial on TV and said that's a video game? "Damn that was tight"

There's a hockey game on tonight, which I watch any that's on all the time, but I don't care. It's MAss EffECT 3 timeOo!!

I just picked up ME3 from gamestop and they were talking about buying some additional thing for the game that would give me extra weapons or something. I really dislike Gamestop and just wanted to leave and go play it (and i am broke) so i said no thank you without really hearing the employee. Does anyone know what they were actually offering?

[quote name='macontosh2000']I just picked up ME3 from gamestop and they were talking about buying some additional thing for the game that would give me extra weapons or something. I really dislike Gamestop and just wanted to leave and go play it (and i am broke) so i said no thank you without really hearing the employee. Does anyone know what they were actually offering?[/QUOTE]
Either From Ashes or the N7 Warfare Gear (their preorder bonus) probably. Can't think of what else it could be.

I told my wife we could watch an episode of Mad Men while the discs install... I'm so close I can taste it. :) Not looking forward to spending 10 minutes in the character creator before I get to start the story though. :(

The fuck is going on. It's not finding my ME2 Vangaurd, my second soldier character is only showing up. WTF IS GOING ON FREAKING OUTJDudiubfdsbf

Oh fuck me....Looks like my vangaurd didn't transfer over when I got a new xbox and did the hard drive transfer shit? fuck this.

i've never been so excited to play something then feel like I don't even want to ever bother playing ME3 now that I can't continue my saves. insane.

[quote name='Hobbs1975']Online Pass is separate from From Ashes.

I opened up my Collectors Edition and got a surprise. 2 comics and 2 picture/lithographs/whatever they call them. Anybody else have this happen? Not sure what to do with the extras. Man it takes a while to get this game up to playing speed with all the downloads and the disc installs. So much excitement leads to so much impatience.[/QUOTE]

Somebody said you had to redeem your arsenal warfare dlc to access the Ashes dlc. Is that true?

They are separate codes so i dont see why one would need the other.

DEPRESSED but gonna be ok, My ME2 found my ME1 saves, I think if I just power through ME2 with that character, make the same decisions, ill be able to play ME3 with that character without being depressed in aboot a week??????

hsuifdiufhisfsiyhsf

As expected, this game is great(duh) Played about 7 hours or so. I decided to go with an engineer...i've always just picked the soldier class for ME 1&2 and I see I was missing out because its incredibly fun playing as an engineer. I'm going to check out the MP next time im on.

checking in from sleep deprived delirium land.

1 - MP is fuckING AWESOME, i started playing it while my DLC downloaded and there is like 50x the stuff available from the demo (duh, but was surprising how much more) I got about level 55 N7 rating and was #1 worldwide for a few hours lol and unlocked every class but for the asari Vanguard and Turian Soldier. The Salarian Infiltrator is a BEAST against Geth.

I am getting so many odd weapons and upgrades you can really tune your guys to play any way you want and enjoy the RARE Spetre packs that can give you permenant upgrades like an extra Medi Gel, Clip packs, etc. Some of the maps are a bit too big and cluttered for my liking, but overall I think the reapers are the toughest enemy when you get 3 different armored targets running at you. All in all though, i cant wait to get the achievement with CAGS on beating each map on GOLD.

2 - I use default Shep, just seemed more natural to me as i don't like putting "Me" into my games and he just seems to fit the character as-is making it more his story, and i like that. I had no problems with any codes or anything, all my copies arrived in great shape, guides too.

3 - So far SP is great, some speeches were a little long winded for some, but not making intricite choices over every statement actually drew me into the story more, so that issue so far is nothing of note.

4 - too much talking, gonna try to get my Krogan Sentinel to 20 then continue on the SP game.

5 - Mass Effect. Love it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Either From Ashes or the N7 Warfare Gear (their preorder bonus) probably. Can't think of what else it could be.
[/QUOTE]
Do they still have these to give out? I thought it was an exclusive printed on the receipt so long as you had a pre-order?

I've still never really played these games, but as far as I can tell the GameStop exclusive stuff seems to not get sold later on, so I assume it helps with the game? If I could get that still I might be able to use the rest of my credit there (and trade-in a few games I have).

...only through the initial prologue, and I'm already hooked. All of my gaming time recently has been dedicated to DC Universe Online. Nice knowing you PS3. I'm sure I'll turn you on again next month...

Got my standard PS3 copy. Likely won't play it until the weekend when I can hopefully put a couple long sessions in. Wanted to download the From Ashes DLC, but not up on PSN yet. Will check later before going to bed. Want to have everything downloaded and installed for when I get time to play this weekend!

Freemason, since you did MP, I'm assuming nothing you did in the demo MP transferred over, right?

Tha X and Lord Kefka have been going crazy in playing SP throughout the day, as they're both up in the higher level 30s for their characters last time I was on XBL a couple of hours ago. :lol:

My ME3 CE is sitting at work waiting for me to pick it up tomorrow. Wrong day to be stuck at home on a sick day under doctor's orders from the flu. :bomb: Damned Reaper plot, it is.

That stuff about me2 saves not transferring is freaking me out a bit as I've switched to a new xbox since I played me2 but I did the cable transfer so we'll see.

I read on bsn a mod/dev say nothing will transfer from the demo to the full game. I sorta figured that'd be the case but it didn't stop me from getting 4 (nearly 5) lvl 20 chars!

Ordered my copy from newegg since I had some credit and it won't be here until Thursday so I'm playing the ios game on my ipad to pass the time. Pretty fun but I'm just not a huge fan of dual stick shooters on ios.

Oh shit now I'm all paranoid. My ME3 isn't here yet, but I played ME2 on my old console before it died on me. Now I'm on a new console...

fuck it, if it don't work, just an excuse to play ME1 and 2 again :D (still gonna be hella mad though!)

wow...you can buy (w/ms points) vet and specter packs in MP. I'm going to wager a guess it's how some low N rank soldier was running around w/a Geth Pulse Rifle. Made my Collector Rifle look like starter equipment.

Unlocked Quarian Infiltraitor...yeah, Geth levels are fun.

[quote name='100xp']wow...you can buy (w/ms points) vet and specter packs in MP. I'm going to wager a guess it's how some low N rank soldier was running around w/a Geth Pulse Rifle. Made my Collector Rifle look like starter equipment.

Unlocked Quarian Infiltraitor...yeah, Geth levels are fun.[/QUOTE]I thought they'd make that an option for some people to buy in-game credits with XBLM points.

Man, why do people want to spam Metacritic with low userscores. So weird. Anyways, one of the few positive user reviews had a link to this. I found it highly interesting and something to think about.

m77S3.png

It couldn't import the facial characteristics for my ME1 Shepard. Thought that was a bit weird for a game that bases everything on "your shepard." I was able to somewhat re-create him, but now he is some younger looking stud... not my beat up old hard-nose man. Meh... games fun though.

Just got through the first couple hours. I'm still not thrilled with Ash's new look (and she's still kind of irritating), but other than that, I can't think of one bad thing to say. And playing with the bass cranked up can make you jump out of your chair when that Reaper horn blares.

Hope this transfer nonsense gets sorted out by the time my game gets here.

All my ME 1&2 saves were created on an old dead 360 then finished on another.
Later on I used the HDD transfer kit to move them from a 20gb to a 250gb.

bread's done
Back