Mass Effect Walmart.com, TRU.com, KMART in stores!

uberczar915

CAG Veteran
[digg]http://digg.com/xbox_360/Mass_Effect_Street_Date_Broken[/digg]
don't know if they're shipping yet, can anyone confirm?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4103905
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2850708

**UPDATE**

Just bought it at KMART. They had three copies on the shelf behind the glass. This was in the University of Delaware area.
mass1.jpg
mass2.jpg

http://files-upload.com/files/609815/119_0089.jpg

http://files-upload.com/files/609820/119_0092.jpg

[quote name='roymustang']Just ordered from Newegg.com for $58.98 shipped. They have it in stock and ready to ship and if you're on the west coast the UPS 3 day shipping gets to you next day.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103035

Thanks for the heads up OP.[/quote]

You might want to watch out for NewEgg. Not saying you won't get it, but there was a huge Halo 3 fiasco with them street dating it after it was ordered. Also, they do not always ship from California. They have distribution centers that send it out. The only one I know of is in PA. But good luck to you, I hope you get it early.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']You might want to watch out for NewEgg. Not saying you won't get it, but there was a huge Halo 3 fiasco with them street dating it after it was ordered. Also, they do not always ship from California. They have distribution centers that send it out. The only one I know of is in PA. But good luck to you, I hope you get it early.[/quote]
Yeah I know but if it hasn't shipped by wednesday I'll just cancel the order and that'll be that. Worth a shot in my book, I've gotten a few other games early from them in the past.

And while its true that newegg have shipping centers outside of CA, over 90% of my orders with them have shipped from CA and gotten to me next day.

UPDATE: Shipping is from PA :(

Do any of those places offer the LE on-line? Eh screw it, I'll check it out and buy one for those idiots on ebay.

I'll check out mine in MN, but I preordered the special edition and am looking forward to that and finishing off some games. Mass Effect (assuming it gets mailed on time) and Rock Band on the same day will be rough though. . . but in a good way.

This is interesting. I am on the verge of getting it, since it's two Tuesdays away. On the other hand, Call of Duty 4 is pretty fun, and there's a chance when it's officially released that some retailer will have it for < $60. Of course if I take too long to make up my mind it might not be available...

Also, do we really want to digg this? Sounds like a way to draw too much attention to this.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Man, is it just me, or is KMart exceptionally bad at street dates...[/QUOTE]

It's Kmart, they have nothing to lose.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Man, is it just me, or is KMart exceptionally bad at street dates...[/quote]

Their loss, our gain.

On another note, I have been waiting for this game ever since it was announced. So I was thrilled to be able to get it earlier. But since its not the LE I'm not gonna get it.

Plus, I just remembered the people in the stores listed that are nearby me and freakin idiots and wouldn't even bother looking in the back.

I ordered a copy on Newegg. If I get it, I get it. If not, oh well, I'll just cancel the order and pick it up when it comes out. I never get lucky with retailers breaking street dates in the Bay Area.

[quote name='SpikeSpiegel']I'm swinging by K-mart tomorrow, I would love to play this game early.[/quote]

wanna pick one up for me if htey have them... i'll only pay retail + shipping though :) maybe a little extra for your trouble...:applause:

went to k-mart at about 8 pm they didnt have it but theres 1 more k mart around here i guess ill check that tommorow .

I don't even understand why I buy any games anymore...I think I have a problem. I see this and think, "Wow...cool", then I realize (and this is absolutely NOT an exaggeration) I have about 60 ds games, 60 psp games, 70 ps2 games most of which are sealed and I haven't played, many of which are lengthy RPGs that I probably will never play, and I realize that there is absolutely something mentally wrong with me.

For shit's sake, I haven't finished Final Fantasy VIII yet, and I started that 10 years ago...THIS IS NOT A JOKE!

So, I will patiently wait for this so that it can sit on a shelf while I play Halo 3 and Tetris on my DS...

For some reason I just wanted to get that off my chest.

[quote name='coolsteel']I don't freakin believe someone was that desperate[/quote]

Desparation has nothing to do with it. When you have a few hundred thousand dollars of disposable income a month $100 extra is nothing.

[quote name='placebo1']Desparation has nothing to do with it. When you have a few hundred thousand dollars of disposable income a month $100 extra is nothing.[/QUOTE]

Plus what if the person is sick and absoulte has to play mass effect before they die? Who knows, theres a thousand and one reasons why youd pay that much for a game.

[quote name='loserboy']I don't even understand why I buy any games anymore...I think I have a problem. I see this and think, "Wow...cool", then I realize (and this is absolutely NOT an exaggeration) I have about 60 ds games, 60 psp games, 70 ps2 games most of which are sealed and I haven't played, many of which are lengthy RPGs that I probably will never play, and I realize that there is absolutely something mentally wrong with me.[/quote]

You aren't the only one.

I was thinking about why I do this. I figured, I REALLY love playing a good video game, but I have very little time to do so. And so I've come to fetishize the games media itself, the little retail packages, imbuing them with meaning equal to the potential they represent (the promise of 20-60 hours of joy) rather than simply carriers to facilitate joy when I do have time.

Also, having gotten burnt on a handful of games that became hard to find, years ago when I actually did have plenty of free time... I now collect obsessively, lest a game go Valkyrie Profile or Suikoden II on me.

Kmart is lucky to be alive. They need to sell these games when they have them. Otherwise the store might be closed by the time the release date comes.

I bought Mass Effect through Newegg this morning along with some other games like Tomb Raider Anniversary for the 360 for $27. Hopefully they won't delay, but if they do, it's not the end of the world. Mass Effect is only $54 through them anyways.

*EDIT: Also, add me to that OCD gaming but not playing craziness. I have a backlog that makes me sick, including all those ATLUS PS1 rpgs.

I think the problem is that we have so many gaming choices, it overwhelms us and we don't play anything new because we can't decide. Seems to be my weird trait.

There were about 4 copies at my local K-Mart. I didn't think I'd be able to get one due to the orange label on the top saying "Do Not Sell Before 11/20/07," but the sales person didn't seem to care at all.

I didn't pick up any for Ebay re-sale, so if anyone happens to live in the Atlantic City, NJ area, you just might be able to snag one for yourself.

Thanks OP!

I got my copy the store clerk even looked at the top of the box where it says "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 11/20/07" and he still gave it to me, thank god for a crappy retailer.

[quote name='beeporama']You aren't the only one.

I was thinking about why I do this. I figured, I REALLY love playing a good video game, but I have very little time to do so. And so I've come to fetishize the games media itself, the little retail packages, imbuing them with meaning equal to the potential they represent (the promise of 20-60 hours of joy) rather than simply carriers to facilitate joy when I do have time.

Also, having gotten burnt on a handful of games that became hard to find, years ago when I actually did have plenty of free time... I now collect obsessively, lest a game go Valkyrie Profile or Suikoden II on me.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same exact way...I picked up Ar Tornelico...will I ever play it...hell no. Break the seal...besides I've still got to get through the last 5 final fantasy games, not to mention the gameboy remakes...

Actually, I may be on the road to recovery, I've been selling off a lot of my older stuff on ebay (the two games you mentioned VP and Suikoden II), and I'm going to go further into my stash, where I might even consider getting rid of Panzer Dragoon Saga or Shining Force 3 or Thousand Arms....of course I used some of the money I made to buy a 60 gb PS3 (because obviously I need the bc)...

But I know exactly what you're talking about...I don't drink, I don't party...I just like playing (aka owning) games....

What it boils down to is I keep telling myself (I'm a teacher) I have my summers off and long breaks, I'll get to these games eventually...of course I have two kids...so even when I have all that time off, I have very little of it to myself.

[quote name='yuffiestrife']

*EDIT: Also, add me to that OCD gaming but not playing craziness. I have a backlog that makes me sick, including all those ATLUS PS1 rpgs.

I think the problem is that we have so many gaming choices, it overwhelms us and we don't play anything new because we can't decide. Seems to be my weird trait.[/quote]

I also have this problem. Maybe it's because I will collect any cheap game if it's new... even if I have no interest in ever playing. I want to have a complete collection of sealed games. Hold on to them for 30-40 years and sell them.

Walmart.com is backordered... saying they cant fulfill my order... so yea... twas probably either a mistake or just a ploy to get more orders by them.

I just came back from Kmart on West Florissant in St. Louis, MO and they didn't have it, so I'm ordering off of newegg.

[quote name='Bazz']I still don't understand this game. It is so loved by many, but it doesn't look that amazing to me.[/QUOTE]

If you didn't play KOTOR and think it was fantastic, then you should probably go back to Madden and ignore Mass Effect.

People that just like action games like Halo will not understand this game. People that enjoy story and interactivity in their games (like Shenmue) will love the shit out of this game. Many games have promised the ability to make choices and see the effect of your choices but this is the first game to deliver on that promise.

[quote name='thrustbucket']If you didn't play KOTOR and think it was fantastic, then you should probably go back to Madden and ignore Mass Effect.[/quote]

QFT

Bioware4life:360:

[quote name='BigMastadon']Walmart.com is backordered... saying they cant fulfill my order... so yea... twas probably either a mistake or just a ploy to get more orders by them.[/quote]

mine says "processing" so later on today if I see it say "backordered" I'm gonna cancel and go through newegg.
anyone else having issues with their walmart.com order? (just to confirm)

[quote name='yuffiestrife']If you buy the game early and sell it at profit instead of playing it, you deserve to have your knee-caps well fucked up.[/quote]

I'm sure pirating it early is the better option?

[quote name='LordXenu']I went to several stores in Central Illinois and none of them had Mass Effect. I'll call around tomorrow and see if there are any then.[/quote]

Seeing as how I live in Central Illinois too I am interested in your findings. I wouldn't hesitate to pick this up early if I could get it, even though I am SWAMPED with games right now.

Just picked up the last copy they had at the Big K in Bloomingdale, IL

Might have them at the other local stores as well (Crystal Lake, etc)

[quote name='cgarb84']Seeing as how I live in Central Illinois too I am interested in your findings. I wouldn't hesitate to pick this up early if I could get it, even though I am SWAMPED with games right now.[/quote]

I'll be calling a little later today, probably. I'll let you know what I find.

[quote name='yuffiestrife']If you buy the game early and sell it at profit instead of playing it, you deserve to have your knee-caps well fucked up.[/QUOTE]

Not even, I'd love to buy this game in two weeks on someone else's dollar. Why not sell it to some rich, impatient bastard?

It's only two weeks to wait, what kind of nerd cred is gained by spending too much on a game?

[quote name='beeporama']You aren't the only one.

[/quote]

Add me to the list. Perhaps we should start a support group. :lol:

bread's done
Back