Mass Effect Walmart.com, TRU.com, KMART in stores!

uberczar915

CAG Veteran
[digg]http://digg.com/xbox_360/Mass_Effect_Street_Date_Broken[/digg]
don't know if they're shipping yet, can anyone confirm?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4103905
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2850708

**UPDATE**

Just bought it at KMART. They had three copies on the shelf behind the glass. This was in the University of Delaware area.
mass1.jpg
mass2.jpg

http://files-upload.com/files/609815/119_0089.jpg

http://files-upload.com/files/609820/119_0092.jpg

[quote name='apollo92']Just picked up the last copy they had at the Big K in Bloomingdale, IL

Might have them at the other local stores as well (Crystal Lake, etc)[/quote]

Damn! So that was you! haha. I got there around ten o'clock and the associate said he just sold the last copy this morning. I'm wondering if I should try the one in Palatine...at least I got the 20% off coupon at the pharmacy though.

[quote name='Tee_Ken']Damn! So that was you! haha. I got there around ten o'clock and the associate said he just sold the last copy this morning. I'm wondering if I should try the one in Palatine...at least I got the 20% off coupon at the pharmacy though.[/quote]

haha, I actually called at like 830 and found out they had one copy so I had him hold it for me :)

I didn't try calling the Palatine or Crystal Lake Kmarts but those could poss have it too

Well since someone in Milwaukee said they got it, I called around this morning. The 6th Kmart I called said they had one copy left, and said she'd hold it for me. So I drove out (about a half hour drive) and when she got there, she said she notcied that there was a sticker saying "DO NOT SELL UNTIL 11/20" She said she had sold a copy to someone else that morning and hadn't noticed the sticker and the register didn't stop her from selling it. I was about ready to throw down at that point and blow up, but the lady (she was actually pretty nice) got the manager for me, he took it to the back, and presumably called corporate or something, came back and told her to go ahead and sell it to me.

[quote name='yuffiestrife']If you buy the game early and sell it at profit instead of playing it, you deserve to have your knee-caps well fucked up.[/QUOTE]

stupid fanboys........

[quote name='apollo92']haha, I actually called at like 830 and found out they had one copy so I had him hold it for me :)

I didn't try calling the Palatine or Crystal Lake Kmarts but those could poss have it too[/quote]

That's cool....I think I'm just gonna order it off newegg like everyone else. I don't think it's worth the drive to either palatine or crystal lake. At least with newegg i get no taxes and even with shipping is still under 60$.

I just placed my order at newegg. Total came to $58.98 with UPS 3 day shipping. I had preordered from EB but I think I'll cancel that and use those $5 extra towards the purchase of Rock Band instead. I guess that front door that I've been wanting to replace will have to wait just a lil bit longer...

Yeah I just went in to k- mart and the guy just ring it up and I was out. Frist time I ever got anything early in milwaukee.

[quote name='Zoglog']stupid fanboys........[/quote]

Stupid lowlife twits making money off an early release while they rest of us enjoy these things, making it harder and harder for future releases to get leasked early?

Yeah stupid fanboys......

And to that piracy comment earlier, I only get games that are out of production that are hard to be found so you can kiss my ass you judgemental prick.

Was it the West Allis one? That was the only one I called that said they had it. I was going to PM you and ask which one you got it at, but you were offline so I Called around instead.

[quote name='yuffiestrife']Stupid lowlife twits making money off an early release while they rest of us enjoy these things, making it harder and harder for future releases to get leasked early?

Yeah stupid fanboys......

And to that piracy comment earlier, I only get games that are out of production that are hard to be found so you can kiss my ass you judgemental prick.[/quote]

Why would you care about future releases being leaked early if you only pirate games that are out of prodiction and hard to be found?

[quote name='apollo92']Just picked up the last copy they had at the Big K in Bloomingdale, IL

Might have them at the other local stores as well (Crystal Lake, etc)[/QUOTE]

Ha, I was after it too. I got there at 9:15ish or so and he said he just sold it 5 mins ago. I should have called..... Enjoy it. I wish I was playing it now

I just picked up a copy of Mass Effect at the Kmart in Lake Orion, MI. There were two more copies if anyone here is close enough to go get them.

hey chroma this is uber i just made a new account though. It's near wilmington. I bought the game yesterday at around 9pm, and including my copy there were 4.

I would call ahead before you made the trip. Its in the College Square shopping center off route 72.

The two KMarts in Kalamazoo and Portage do not have any copies. The guy in Portage said, "I don't know why everyone is calling about this game today, the release date isn't until the 20th". lol

Kmart on Addison in Chicago is a no-go, for the curious. The electronics guy, as always, was super-helpful though, and looked behind every copy of every game for me (not by my request, but because he found a copy of Open Season behind Skate and said "Well, guess I'd better look behind, too! Don't want you to leave empty-handed!")

Great customer service, so I can't really complain that I didn't get in on a deal that by all rights shouldn't exist anyway.

Can any of you dumb motherfuckers think for yourselves are read between the lines? Does everything have to be spoon-fed to you?

I am afraid of leaked games going on ebay and the devs and MS seeing that people are buying leaked games for over $100, THUS putting tighter reins on the retailers and the leaks and early releases becoming more and more rare.

The "I only get" was a nice way of saying "I only PIRATE, DOWLOAD, STEAL, KILL YOUR MOM."

Stop being so dense and being so fucking literal.

[quote name='yuffiestrife']Can any of you dumb motherfuckers think for yourselves are read between the lines? Does everything have to be spoon-fed to you?

I am afraid of leaked games going on ebay and the devs and MS seeing that people are buying leaked games for over $100, THUS putting tighter reins on the retailers and the leaks and early releases becoming more and more rare.

The "I only get" was a nice way of saying "I only PIRATE, DOWLOAD, STEAL, KILL YOUR MOM."

Stop being so dense and being so fucking literal.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but anyone who says "we ought to respect the gaming industry and developers by not trying to re-sell early copies" out of one side of their mouth and "I pirate games" out of the other is not exactly the type of person I'd take advice from.

And, looking back, maybe you weren't saying we should respect anyone, and just don't want it to be harder for you to get early releases in the future. And yet, again, you admit to game piracy and therefore don't deserve anything nice from game companies, ever. Including the system you're playing on. I hope your Xbox gets banned.

I live in southwestern Michigan. Anyone got lucky in that area?

Called K-Zoo and Portage, nothing.

Is there news of any other stores selling them? I called the closest Wal-Mart, Best Buy and Target, and they said they didn't have any there. But they could be wrong, everyone I talked to was clueless ("Is that the first Mass Effect or the second one?" "What unit is it for?" etc.)

[quote name='yuffiestrife']Can any of you dumb motherfuckers think for yourselves are read between the lines? Does everything have to be spoon-fed to you?

Stop being so dense and being so fucking literal.[/quote]
Wait, what in the world is the logic behind that? You don't want people to take advantage of a broken street date because it might tighten the restrictions on future street dates? What's the good of future early releases if we're not supposed to be trying to buy them?

Edit: Also, for all you San Diego CAGs, I called the Chula Vista K-Mart and they don't have it. Didn't bother with San Ysidro or Ramona since there's no way I'm making it out to either place today even if they did have it.

Nothing in Chicago so far and the stores had mention they been getting a lot of calls in about it so we are SOL son of bitch..

nice find for those who want it now. i have a liongames order comming and between this, AC, SMG, and zack and wiki i dont want to lay out another 60 bones even if i would recover it later.

[quote name='atatpilot3']Wait, what in the world is the logic behind that? You don't want people to take advantage of a broken street date because it might tighten the restrictions on future street dates? What's the good of future early releases if we're not supposed to be trying to buy them?[/quote]

Enough. This is not the place for this. Any more posts regarding this subject will be deleted. This goes for all parties.

I called the Kmart in Golea, CA yesterday and they said they didn't have it. The guy on the phone didn't sound like he really knew what games even were so I went out there anyway because I was going out that way but still no luck.

No go in Gainesville, Fl. The guy said I was the third person to ask this morning and couldn't figure out why they didn't have it when everyone wanted it so badly, heh.

I called one of my local K-marts and they said they think they have in the back in one of the boxes but she hasn't gone and got it yet. She said call back in a half hour and they might have it.

Confirmed and bought my from the NE Philly Kmart. Just ask the guy working the section and he got it from the back.

[quote name='Vinn']Confirmed and bought my from the NE Philly Kmart. Just ask the guy working the section and he got it from the back.[/quote]

Which KMart is this? The one off of Street Road?

[quote name='Vinn']Confirmed and bought my from the NE Philly Kmart. Just ask the guy working the section and he got it from the back.[/quote]
which one i live around there?

Very impressive thus far. The way the story scopes out is magnificient and the whole thing looks and sounds awesome...even though I'd never think that Seth Green and Keith David would work on something together. :)

Just finished the Prologue and to this point the game is fantastic. Presentation is outstanding, graphics are great when on a planet. Overall things feel very polished.

The action is very different from KOTOR, but the conversation system still feels as deep.

[quote name='freezedried74']Bought 2 copies at the Southgate, MI Kmart. The manager removed the other 5 from the shelf after I bought mine. None at the Woodhaven Kmart.[/quote]

go ahead and send that other one to me :D

kthx

Stop being so dense and being so fucking literal.[/QUOTE]

I think that if you are like this in all facets of your life, you need some serious help or medicine - possibly both. Either way, it is about supply and demand. If someone wants to pay $160 for an early copy - so be it. It has nothing to do with you, so I think you should just shut it.

Nothing @ the following NY stores
K Mart in Vails Gate
K Mart in Poughkeepsie @ The South Hills Mall
K Mart on Dutchess Turnpike in Poughkeepsie NY

:cry:

bread's done
Back