Metal Gear Peace Walker for PSP

[quote name='spot']might be a stupid question.... but can this game be played on the ps3?[/QUOTE]

cant play on PS3

[quote name='spot']might be a stupid question.... but can this game be played on the ps3?[/QUOTE]

If you have a PSPgo, a PS3 controller, and a TV out kit, I believe you could play it on your TV with a PS3 controller. This only works with the PSPgo.

Alternatively, you could still play it on your TV with a PSP 2000 or 3000 and a TV out kit. You'd have to use your PSP as the controller, though, and you'd have to get really long extension cables for the audio and video. I'm thinking about doing this.

[quote name='62t']Pick up a used copy of Portable Ops and play that first? Peace Walker fixed many of the issues with PO and it will be a pain to play that after peace walker[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, I can't play Peace Walker without getting interrupted often, so I can't really take the time to get into it. So I think I'm going to be putting off Peace Walker for a couple months. It won't be the fresh new game anymore by that point, so I might as well just play PoOps first and completely restart Peace Walker when I get to it.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond my control, I can't play Peace Walker without getting interrupted often, so I can't really take the time to get into it. So I think I'm going to be putting off Peace Walker for a couple months. It won't be the fresh new game anymore by that point, so I might as well just play PoOps first and completely restart Peace Walker when I get to it.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to play PW while my wife watched girl shows, but embarrassingly, most of the time I get distracted and miss cutscenes. I have one of those PSP to TV adapters. I think i'm going to start using that so I can give it my full attention.

Portable gaming for me has always been about only partially investing myself. My nephew plays Pokemon, and is always asking me very specific questions about how to do things in the story and I'm always at a loss.

[quote name='nbballard']I was trying to play PW while my wife watched girl shows, but embarrassingly, most of the time I get distracted and miss cutscenes. I have one of those PSP to TV adapters. I think i'm going to start using that so I can give it my full attention.
[/QUOTE]

Just use some earbuds?

I'm not real far in the story, but this is seriously one of the best games I've played on PSP. Even though the missions are broken up into smaller segments it really is comparable to a console game. The cutscenes are amazing!

[quote name='pete5883']I've picked up about 50 new soldiers from hotspots in the last day or so. Really good ones, too. I recommend it.[/QUOTE]

How does that work? Do I take my PSP to Starbucks and the like? Is it an option within one of the menus in the game?

At some point, you unlock "recruit" in the main menu of the game, and you can use it to connect to any wifi, I guess, and it'll randomly give you soldiers to recruit. (Although, you have to beat them all with CQC within a time-limit)

[quote name='nbballard']I was trying to play PW while my wife watched girl shows, but embarrassingly, most of the time I get distracted and miss cutscenes. I have one of those PSP to TV adapters. I think i'm going to start using that so I can give it my full attention.
[/QUOTE]

Its those damn housewives isnt it?

So, I'm hoping I get my PS3 back next week. Assuming it works, anyone want to try that Adhoc party thing to tackle some of the later vehicle missions?

[quote name='ChibiJosh']So, I'm hoping I get my PS3 back next week. Assuming it works, anyone want to try that Adhoc party thing to tackle some of the later vehicle missions?[/QUOTE]
Say a vehicle deploys thirty-six soldiers at a rate of four at a time. If you play this level with two people the thirty-six becomes seventy-two , with three players it triples, etc. IT can be very hard to do on your own but is possible. Fulton mines help a ton.

Really? I didn't realize it multiplied the number of soldiers. I was trying to do some stealth style, but the tranqs take so long to take effect on those soldiers plus the effect doesn't last long enough.

[quote name='sotc1988']Say a vehicle deploys thirty-six soldiers at a rate of four at a time. If you play this level with two people the thirty-six becomes seventy-two , with three players it triples, etc. IT can be very hard to do on your own but is possible. Fulton mines help a ton.[/QUOTE]
Ah, so it does scale. I was fighting a helicopter with a friend yesterday, and through wave after wave, the pilot never stuck his head out. We ended up destroying it. Now it makes sense.

I played 6 or so missions with a friend, and we got ~ 250 camaraderie. They give you a rank C insignia for reaching 250,000 camaraderie. wtf?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had brought this with me today, saw one or 2 people playing it. Might've been my only chance for co-op...I have no one to play with :(

Anyways, Is there a point in using other soldiers other than snake to complete missions? It seems like soldiers randomly level up.

[quote name='Demon Soul']I wish I had brought this with me today, saw one or 2 people playing it. Might've been my only chance for co-op...I have no one to play with :(

Anyways, Is there a point in using other soldiers other than snake to complete missions? It seems like soldiers randomly level up.[/QUOTE]
Later in the game it's possible to recruit soldiers that are MUCH better than Snake. I've gotten some insanely good soldiers from the wi-fi searches after I leveled my hero points up a bunch.

They normally have better health and Psyche than Snake but not better stats overall. Plus playing as Snake is more fun than playing as some random dude. Talking of which, why is nearly every recruit named after an animal in this?

As for co-ops, it is very fun - but not needed (as some reviews made out it is) to play through the game. The main missions can be fairly easily done solo and I'm yet to find an extra-ops I can't do. Playing with the misses is always a blast though (even if it does mean I have to watch the cut scenes again).

Also sotc1988 I have yet to see any soldier increase in the co-ops (just done the attack helicopter mission on co-ops). The Lav-G before it didn't seem to unload any more then it normally does. Also haven't read anything anywhere else about such a thing happening.

[quote name='Goemar']They normally have better health and Psyche than Snake but not better stats overall. Plus playing as Snake is more fun than playing as some random dude. Talking of which, why is nearly every recruit named after an animal in this?

As for co-ops, it is very fun - but not needed (as some reviews made out it is) to play through the game. The main missions can be fairly easily done solo and I'm yet to find an extra-ops I can't do. Playing with the misses is always a blast though (even if it does mean I have to watch the cut scenes again).

Also sotc1988 I have yet to see any soldier increase in the co-ops (just done the attack helicopter mission on co-ops). The Lav-G before it didn't seem to unload any more then it normally does. Also haven't read anything anywhere else about such a thing happening.[/QUOTE]
I was going off second hand information. I had seen a lot of people saying that so I figured it was reliable. I apologize.

[quote name='Goemar']They normally have better health and Psyche than Snake but not better stats overall. Plus playing as Snake is more fun than playing as some random dude. Talking of which, why is nearly every recruit named after an animal in this?[/QUOTE]
They're code names. Haven't you played a MGS game before?

I know there code names, but couldn't they be more original like "Paper Clip" or something. Hell, having a soldier called Paper Clip would be awesome.

Oh and slight spoilers: The games well worth playing after you complete it ;)

Actually once you start getting A or S ranked combat soldiers they will have better overall stat than Snake

Has anyone S-ranked the first two tank battles? Even if I knock out and Fulton the soldiers, the next batch of them don't come out right away.. or within a few minutes even for me to move quickly enough for it. Any suggestions?

[quote name='QiG']Has anyone S-ranked the first two tank battles? Even if I knock out and Fulton the soldiers, the next batch of them don't come out right away.. or within a few minutes even for me to move quickly enough for it. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

you can try doing it later in the game and it will be a lot easier since you will have better equipment.

This game is devouring my life.

Regarding vehicle-killing missions : If you redo them, do you earn more tanks/LAVs to use in the Outer Ops missions?

[quote name='Halo05']This game is devouring my life.

Regarding vehicle-killing missions : If you redo them, do you earn more tanks/LAVs to use in the Outer Ops missions?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can get more assuming you don't destroy the vehicle.

Aaaarrrggghhhh!!! Play-Asia doesn't have the Metal Gear PSP bundle for import any longer. I didn't jump on this prior to release and now that I'm playing the game, I desperately want one. Anyone living in Japan willing to trade/sell me the bundle?

So anyone else find it strange all the local women/girls you meet in the game are Caucasian when the game takes place in Central America?

If anyone needs a hand with some of the tougher ex ops vehicle battles, I can get it done for you, provided that you can remain undiscovered for the entire battle. Ex ops 91 can be tough, and it unlocks 49, which many people like to do in order to recruit R&D and Intel people. 75 unlocks 50, which can get you the Stealth Camo if you can S rank it. 98 gives you the Carl Gustav FR launcher. I know that these fights are easy for many players - I'm offering to help out those who are having trouble with these five skull/five red skull missions. I don't want to help out on these missions to just capture the vehicles, as I've done way too much of that to complete the outer ops missions. I lost all eight of my MBTk-70 Customs doing the last OO mission, and made the mistake of saving my game instead of going to the title screen to re-do the battle. Ouch. I'd also like to do the custom versions of the main ops bosses, in order to get the bandana. I can only co-op with adHoc Party; drop me a line if you need help with these missions, or even main ops bosses.

Will Amanda ever get 100% healthy? I took her out of sickbay when the cutscene happened in which Kaz said she was complaining, but then her sickness meter went up to 40% from the 20% range she was at. I put her back in the med bay but I can't get the meter to go below 20%.

Any help would be appreciated.

[quote name='MSUHitman']
Will Amanda ever get 100% healthy? I took her out of sickbay when the cutscene happened in which Kaz said she was complaining, but then her sickness meter went up to 40% from the 20% range she was at. I put her back in the med bay but I can't get the meter to go below 20%.

Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Wait till chapter 5. After that she will recover

[quote name='62t']Wait till chapter 5. After that she will recover[/QUOTE]

So do I leave her in sickbay or put her on a team? If I put her on a team, do I have to check her sickness meter and put her back in sickbay when she gets a higher count on the sickness meter?

She'll never go below 20 in sick bay until Peace Walker is no more. I put her in a team and moved her back to sickbay whenever it got pretty high.

Just got the real ending. Awesome game.

Considering the Big Boss Pack was an impulse buy for me I was very pleasantly surprised.

Wow talk about an expensive impulse buy, guess you can't go wrong with old Snake mind (oh not I don't mean MGS4 old Snake before anyone has a fit).

Really... A
torture
scene?

I could deal with the one in
MGS1 because it was kind of clever at the time, PSOne controllers are pretty inexpensive, and the outcome was ultimately a different ending, not a game over. There's no fucking way I'm willing to break my PSP to finish one game. fucking dreadful idea for a portable system. Simply inexcusable. I've failed it twice now and if I don't knock it out within the next few tries, I'm fucking done. This is bullshit. Game just dropped off my GOTY list for sure.

[quote name='Halo05']Really... A
torture
scene?

MGS1 because it was kind of clever at the time, PSOne controllers are pretty inexpensive, and the outcome was ultimately a different ending, not a game over. There's no fucking way I'm willing to break my PSP to finish one game. fucking dreadful idea for a portable system. Simply inexcusable. I've failed it twice now and if I don't knock it out within the next few tries, I'm fucking done. This is bullshit. Game just dropped off my GOTY list for sure.
[/QUOTE]

The scene is way easier than MGS1. I even slow down on purpose and still complete it on my first try.

[quote name='Halo05']Really... A
torture
scene?

[/QUOTE]

Browsing GameFAQs, some people have had success by laying down the PSP, and scratching the button quickly. Or, you could post your save online and have someone get past it, like this guy.

bread's done
Back