MGS: Legacy collection back in stock (amazon) (in stock)

MSRP but much better than the $110 they were going for new. EDIT: Goes in and out of stock constantly.  I bought one and it's currently preparing to be shipped, so they definitely have units.

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B00CTKHXFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397069582&sr=8-1&keywords=mgs+legacy+collection

Edit: Just a heads up, the MGS1 and MGS:VR downloadable codes don't expire.  I bought a copy back in September of last year when fry's had it for $25 and just now redeemed the codes.  I don't know why I waited so long but I'm happy to report that both went through perfectly, I'm downloading them as we speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon sent me an email saying mine shipped I ordered last week.

Glad I saw this thread. Id been waiting for it to go down since I have all these as I own all metal gear games but I didnt know it was oop so at least I got one for my collection.

If anyone missed out and lives in San Francisco, I'll sell my sealed copy for what I paid, $55

The only thing I see on the page is a new copy at $84.99, which is sold by "The Best Only" and fulfilled by Amazon. Idk if Amazon might restock...I hope, since my other order is considered backlog and may be cancelled. 

EDIT: I just refreshed the page and bought one from Amazon, but it is sold and shipped by Beach Audio. I hope I don't get another email stating that it is backordered and my order will be cancelled. 

The only thing I see on the page is a new copy at $84.99, which is sold by "The Best Only" and fulfilled by Amazon. Idk if Amazon might restock...I hope, since my other order is considered backlog and may be cancelled.

EDIT: I just refreshed the page and bought one from Amazon, but it is sold and shipped by Beach Audio. I hope I don't get another email stating that it is backordered and my order will be cancelled.
Stock at Amazon has been in and out randomly for the past week or two. Chances are Amazon will restock again soon.

beach audio has it for sale on ebay as well, slightly higher price but... if you need it ABSOLUTELY now, that'll probably be the way to go.

So did all of this MGS Legacy hype finally die down since last week? I see that the flippers caused the 'value' to tank on ebay.

I've been away on vacation and just now catching up today. I never picked this up because I own the original HD collection, still sealed and sitting in my backlog. Couldn't and wouldn't spend $50 to double dip, though I only thought the difference was MGS1 and an art book, I didn't realize how much content was in the new Legacy set.

After hearing about the 'rarity' last week and now realizing how much more is in the set over the original HD set, I went to a local kmart last night and picked it up (as I still find copies at various stores). It rang up on sale for $30.  Now I just need to figure out what to do with my HD collection copy that's sealed and has been sitting in my backlog for years...

After hearing about the 'rarity' last week and now realizing how much more is in the set over the original HD set, I went to a local kmart last night and picked it up (as I still find copies at various stores). It rang up on sale for $30. Now I just need to figure out what to do with my HD collection copy that's sealed and has been sitting in my backlog for years...
Put it next to the HD collection when you pick up the Legacy Legend Snake Collection HD for PS4.

Back ordered right now but you can still place order. In stock on April 24th.

edit: gone. wow.

edit 2: or is it? I sometimes see it sometimes not...

I have an extra copy expected to come in from Nebraska Furniture Mart tomorrow. I didn't have the heart to tell this store to give me back my money. I'm not a flipper. If you want it, PM me.

Any idea what this 'resurgence' is then, since it's in stock from amazon directly and seems to be reprinted then?
It's just the start of the reprinting process. The amount of copies that are being made probably isn't fixed. Amazon has waves of shipments because they keep getting orders. Once it settles down, the manufacturer will send the last few shipments to stores and move on. Of course, resellers will have to wait about a year to even try to jack up the prices.

Managed to snag a copy.  Just randomly checked it and they had some in stock again.  I sat there pondering as I already have MGS4, MGS HD Collection, and Essentials Collection for PS2 (w/ original MGS on disc).  In the end I convinced myself to bite due to the fact MGS4 is the Trophy Edition (all patches on disc) and the artbook.

Unfortunately, by the time I checked out and logged in here, they were all out again.  Now that I bought it, I expect to feel buyers remorse if/when the full quantity of the reprints come out and there's a sale somewhere for this for less than $30.  ;)

Did anyone order from Nebraska Furniture Mart? I still haven't received a notification of shipment even though I was charged and the shipping date was supposed to be 4/13.

My Nebraska Furniture Mart copy came in today. It's yours for $49.99 plus priority mail shipping (usually > $6) if anyone's interested. I'll eBay it otherwise for the same.

Konami store had this not sure how much shipping is...

Edit, gone off their store.
yea the bundle gone also a few days ago they had a bundle that included the game and art book and a limited metal gear controller and a limited figure and I think some other stuff for $150 total which ironically is the same price some people were paying for the game alone not long ago.

Still waiting for bestbuy to get the restock! Hehe! If this is an actual reprint, bestbuy should have ordered some of it too. Unless they dont want money.

So is this a real reprint or not? Is there any other retailer which suddenly has avaliable copies?

Not sure if I should buy now while it's in stock for the RRP or if it's a reprint and the price will drop more.

Still waiting for bestbuy to get the restock! Hehe! If this is an actual reprint, bestbuy should have ordered some of it too. Unless they dont want money.
kingdom hearts 3d been reprinted for months now and best buy still dont have that one to. Once they delete the sku number from there system I don't believe they restock even when a reprint happens. And the sku number been deleted from there system for metal gear solid legacy already

So is this a real reprint or not? Is there any other retailer which suddenly has avaliable copies?

Not sure if I should buy now while it's in stock for the RRP or if it's a reprint and the price will drop more.
The Konami insert for a discount in the store that came with mine said it expired back in September so these may have just been a bunch they had sitting around in a warehouse.

The Konami insert for a discount in the store that came with mine said it expired back in September so these may have just been a bunch they had sitting around in a warehouse.
Yeah, I'm starting to think these extra copies are not due to a reprint, but either leftover stock from Amazon and/or excess stock from Konami (Konami store sold out) and Konami sold the majority of their leftover inventory to Amazon. Who knows really, time will tell.

In any case...still available to order. Back-ordered for April 21 though.

I've been telling people this for weeks. But the hype train is strong with this one.
Don't have a local Kmart, closest one is like 20-25 miles away. Called and employee said they had none after checking. I'll take his word for it and avoid the drive just to check myself. Great deal though for those that can get in on it. I'm happy with the $49.99 price to have it delivered...it's something I'd only do for this series though. ;)

bread's done
Back