MGS: Legacy collection back in stock (amazon) (in stock)

MSRP but much better than the $110 they were going for new. EDIT: Goes in and out of stock constantly.  I bought one and it's currently preparing to be shipped, so they definitely have units.

http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Collection-Playstation-3/dp/B00CTKHXFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397069582&sr=8-1&keywords=mgs+legacy+collection

Edit: Just a heads up, the MGS1 and MGS:VR downloadable codes don't expire.  I bought a copy back in September of last year when fry's had it for $25 and just now redeemed the codes.  I don't know why I waited so long but I'm happy to report that both went through perfectly, I'm downloading them as we speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
People were paying $110+ for this? Let's do the math (using Gamestop Used Game prices as our base):

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - $30

Metal Gear Solid 4 - $7

Metal Gear Solid $10 (PSN)

Total: $47

So essentially, People were paying $63 for MG1, MG2, MGVRM, and an art book?... I'll never truly understand Metal Gear fans

Cool! In stock again. Now i just have to put this on my wishlist and hope it gets another price drop in a couple of months

People were paying $110+ for this? Let's do the math (using Gamestop Used Game prices as our base):

Metal Gear Solid 4 - $7

So essentially, People were paying $63 for MG1, MG2, MGVRM, and an art book?... I'll never truly understand Metal Gear fans
I think the set just looks awesome, like something I want to be part of my collection.

Fans pay extra for a variety of games, not just Metal Gear. Everyone games differently.

They PM'ed the new price since it shipped after the price dropped.  It's just a hair over $1 saved, but hey, a dollar is a dollar. 

I bought one to convert amazon credit to cash, but if I can't get $55 for it I'll definitely be cracking this thing open and playing every single MGS. I've only previously played MGS2.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - $7

MG1 and MG2 were included in the older HD Collection.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_HD_Collection

Metal Gear Solid 4 - $7

(Some) MGS fans also paid 30 bucks for a glorified demo. xD

lol konami bamboozeled the hell out of you guys. they tricked you and gave u an illusion of rarity. they are laughing all the way to the bank #gettingrich #makingdatDOE

lol konami bamboozeled the hell out of you guys. they tricked you and gave u an illusion of rarity. they are laughing all the way to the bank #gettingrich #makingdatDOE
Always good to see greedy Ebayers get screwed over though.

As for someone who has not played any Metal Gear games (I know strange right?) I find my purchase of 49.99 without tax reasonable reprint or not this is a nice collection for those who want to get into the series.

As for someone who has not played any Metal Gear games (I know strange right?) I find my purchase of 49.99 without tax reasonable reprint or not this is a nice collection for those who want to get into the series.
Dont feel bad i rented MGS2 back in the day and tried MGS4 and just isnt my game. Im too damn impatient. But i bought one of these off newegg for 35 cause its a collection and I need to collect

I ordered this ASAP. I had a $5 Amazon credit to use plus I earned $25 cash back on my credit card. Which I am applying to this.

So out of pocket, I will paying $20 for this game. What a thrifty CAGer I am.

I keep going back and fourth on this.  I own every single game in one form or another (GCube, PSP, PS1/2/3)  but have been a big MGS fan forever.  I guess if it his $30 I'd be more serious but at full price meh.  You can likely go to a decent used game store or even pawn shop and pick up each game for $10 or less; it's not like mgs 1, 2, 3, or 4 weren't printed like money at their respective releases.

We got a complete metal gear collection and art book for $49... How did we get scammed? I'm very happy with my purchase.

I keep going back and fourth on this. I own every single game in one form or another (GCube, PSP, PS1/2/3) but have been a big MGS fan forever. I guess if it his $30 I'd be more serious but at full price meh. You can likely go to a decent used game store or even pawn shop and pick up each game for $10 or less; it's not like mgs 1, 2, 3, or 4 weren't printed like money at their respective releases.
Same for me though in the end I ended up buying it... short story time:

I own the HD collection, still sealed in my backlog. At most kmarts I still see copies of the Legacy collection sitting around, even on sale for under $30. After all of this "whargarbll omg this iz rare" I was concerned I may never get my hands on the Legacy set, I called the kmarts I knew had them in stock and all told me they were sold out a couple weeks back, one rep specifically recalled the day he sold the sole copy vividly to me, so I trusted him.

Last week I visit one that originally had it in stock to browse for something else, and sure enough what do I see but a copy of Legacy collection sitting in the glass case. I'm happy yet angered two-fold... I was misinformed, and now because of that the sale is over as well. I spoke with a manager to let them know that the track record of this store is at 0% of correct info when I called in (this isn't the first time I've been lied to) and they offered to give me last week's sale price plus a few bucks off as well, so in the end they charged me $20 plus tax for the Legacy collection.

I'm usually not one to rebuy a game i already own... But this is one of those exceptions.
Same here. I felt compelled to because I own all the metal gear games and the collector/limited edition versions. I hated to have a hole in the collection.

I would snatch this up in a heartbeat if it were a full sized artbook

Bah the more I sit and think the more I want this though. I haven't gotten any of the collections and would love to have this. I just wish I knew if it were a reprint or not. $45 is a great deal but I know I won't touch it for a long while and if it is a reprint I am sure I could get it for

lmao.... Would you get it if there were 10 left and people were calling it rare? Did that happen yet?
Those people are dumb.

I am an animator and have a MASSIVE library of reference and art books. I already have some MG ones and their style and visuals are pretty similar throughout the entirety of the series so there is not all that much to be gained in my head for me from a small ps3 case sized artbook.

Might have missed this somewhere else, but the digital HD collection is currently $11.99 on PSN for Plus members:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/metal-gear-solid-hd-collection/cid=UP0101-NPUB30918_00-PS3MGSHDCOLLECTI
I'm leaning towards returning my $50 legacy collection and just picking up the digital HD collection for $12 and then finding a cheap copy of MGS4 for $10 or so. I'm not sure I can justify the $30 difference for the old games and art books.

I just had about the most effortless experience with AMZ customer service yet.  Turned out the CSR was a MGS fan, and so we chatted briefly about the series.  Before I had even asked, he already issued the refund/price difference because after I asked he just said, "Check your email" :D

Really cool of him, even though he didn't have to, as I already received the game.

bread's done
Back