MGS:Subsistence Thread-- info on LE, bonus discs, reviews etc.

Well, I preordered the LE version today. I pre-ordered at GS and Gamecrazy, in case one of them doesn't get them. They also had no idea what I was talking about when I asked if they were stopping pre-orders for it...

Does anyone how large the teams can be in the online multiplayer? I thought it was only 4 on 4, but one of the trailers in the preorder disk showed a substantially larger group of teammates running around under boxes.

[quote name='MJS']Does anyone how large the teams can be in the online multiplayer? I thought it was only 4 on 4, but one of the trailers in the preorder disk showed a substantially larger group of teammates running around under boxes.[/QUOTE]

the max is 8 players. The videos you saw were probably all players messing around in the boxes. There is also a mode called "sneaking mission" where it is Snake vs a team of 7. Maybe some of the videos were showing that. Technically the team can be up to 7, but then the other team will only have 1 (snake).

[quote name='mkg12']ahhhh crap.....wasn't the PS2 network adapter like $20 new before? Amazon.com has it for $29.99+shipping. EBgames.com has it for $9.99 USED, but start up disc may or may not be included though.

where is the cheapest place to get it?[/QUOTE]

at every EB B&M i've been to, the used network adaptors look like they all carry the software.

Got my PS2 back, Network Adapter working, and Saga DVD yesterday (praise Allah.) Now do I want/need a cheap USB keyboard or headset? I was playing a bit of Amplitude yesterday and could've really used a keyboard, but I would assume that a headset is better for MGO?

Just got my new EGM in the mail and MGS3: Subsistence was reviewed and received the Game of the Month award and earned two 10's and a 9.5, which we all know is incredibly good.

Im going to pre-order the SE at work (Gamestop) today. I bought the regular MGS3 awhile back for $5 and have yet to actually sit down and play it because I knew I would end up buying Subsistence.

[quote name='Sigma']Just got my new EGM in the mail and MGS3: Subsistence was reviewed and received the Game of the Month award and earned two 10's and a 9.5, which we all know is incredibly good.[/quote]
Nice! I can't wait to get this.

Bah, I called Gamestop and they said they only too preorders for the LE for a day before they met their limit....really really suck...I'll be sure to get it off ebay the day its out to make sure I have it before if/when it becomes worth more.

Anyone get the new OPM? I heard it got a 5/5! This game is getting amazing reviews all around.

[quote name='whoknows']Bah, I called Gamestop and they said they only too preorders for the LE for a day before they met their limit....really really suck...I'll be sure to get it off ebay the day its out to make sure I have it before if/when it becomes worth more.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling the LEs will be fetching more than retail on ebay. They seem to be actually limited, unlike other LEs (i.e. Halo 2). Good luck to you though.

[quote name='dpatel']Anyone get the new OPM? I heard it got a 5/5! This game is getting amazing reviews all around.

I have a feeling the LEs will be fetching more than retail on ebay. They seem to be actually limited, unlike other LEs (i.e. Halo 2). Good luck to you though.[/quote]

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928437.asp?q=metal gear

so far, it has a 97.3 % rating...can't wait to see what the average will be when most of the other sites review it...might be a record!!

[quote name='dpatel']
I have a feeling the LEs will be fetching more than retail on ebay. They seem to be actually limited, unlike other LEs (i.e. Halo 2). Good luck to you though.[/QUOTE]

I know, what are the chances that BB/CC will be getting this in? I keep telling myself they will so I'll feel better, but its not working.

[quote name='Vegan']You can shoot peoples' radios in the online games and render them unable to talk to their teammates![/QUOTE]
BWAHHHH? Where'd you hear that?!

I forgot where I read it but I heard the same thing about shooting out radios to disable headsets. I can't wait for this game and I don't even care about MGOnline as much as I'm excited about the MSX2 versions of MG I and II and the Cinematic disc in the LE.

[quote name='ShimSham']I forgot where I read it but I heard the same thing about shooting out radios to disable headsets. I can't wait for this game and I don't even care about MGOnline as much as I'm excited about the MSX2 versions of MG I and II and the Cinematic disc in the LE.[/QUOTE]

Pfff... bonus stuff? I'm buying the LE, but all I really care about is being able to play through MGS 3 with a fixed camera... I don't think the game could possibly get any better now.

[quote name='whoknows']I know, what are the chances that BB/CC will be getting this in? I keep telling myself they will so I'll feel better, but its not working.[/QUOTE]
As far as I know the LE isn't limitted to certain stores so I would assume they would get some copies of the LE in at Best Buy, TRU, Circuit City, etc.

[quote name='Chacrana']Pfff... bonus stuff? I'm buying the LE, but all I really care about is being able to play through MGS 3 with a fixed camera... I don't think the game could possibly get any better now.[/quote] I agree, that was the only real problem with the game in the first place. It really bothered me at first, but within an hour I could breeze through with no real problems.

I did read that saves from the original won't work on Subsistence and that kind've makes me sad considering the time I put into the original getting that damned stealth camouflage... friggin' motorcycle frogs. I really don't want to have to earn it again so I guess I just won't in this case.

[quote name='whoknows']I know, what are the chances that BB/CC will be getting this in? I keep telling myself they will so I'll feel better, but its not working.[/QUOTE]
As far as I know the LE isn't limitted to certain stores so I would assume they would get some copies of the LE in at Best Buy, TRU, Circuit City, etc.

[quote name='Sigma']As far as I know the LE isn't limitted to certain stores so I would assume they would get some copies of the LE in at Best Buy, TRU, Circuit City, etc.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that retail stores would have it - otherwise, there would be been an official press release stating that the LE would be available worldwide.

Much like how RE4 for the GC and PS2 were GS & EB exclusives - I suspect Subsistence will follow the same path. Japanese LE tend to be just that - limited editions, unlike say Halo 2 LE or Doom 3 LE.

[quote name='Ecofreak']I doubt that retail stores would have it - otherwise, there would be been an official press release stating that the LE would be available worldwide.

Much like how RE4 for the GC and PS2 were GS & EB exclusives - I suspect Subsistence will follow the same path. Japanese LE tend to be just that - limited editions, unlike say Halo 2 LE or Doom 3 LE.[/QUOTE]

Actually RE4 LE for PS2 wasnt a gamestop exclusive at all...I saw it at a lot of places, I almost bought it from circuit city once since I had a gift card there....the fact that other stores had the LE of RE4 gives me some hope that others stores might have MGS3 LE...but idk...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']at every EB B&M i've been to, the used network adaptors look like they all carry the software.[/QUOTE]
As long as you have an online PS2 game, you don't need the software. It'll prompt you to set up the configuration when you try to get online and it takes a minute or two to be done and ready to go online.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']As long as you have an online PS2 game, you don't need the software. It'll prompt you to set up the configuration when you try to get online and it takes a minute or two to be done and ready to go online.[/QUOTE] ok, cool. I'll be picking one up at Ebgames for $9.99 used then. Or maybe i should wait for more reviews about the online play. i have already played Snake Eater and I am still anticipating this release.

[quote name='whoknows']Actually RE4 LE for PS2 wasnt a gamestop exclusive at all...I saw it at a lot of places, I almost bought it from circuit city once since I had a gift card there....the fact that other stores had the LE of RE4 gives me some hope that others stores might have MGS3 LE...but idk...[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I never saw RE4 LE outside of GS or EB.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Interesting, I never saw RE4 LE outside of GS or EB.[/QUOTE]

For that red GCN LE tin version, yeah, that was a GS exclusive. But for the PS2, the RE4 Premium Edition was indeed sold at Circuit City stores too (saw it both in their ad and in-store when it came out).

I feel kind of sad, it seems like I only bought the LEs of some of those other games because they had nice packaging...looks like Subsistence's LE will actually be worth it to me, though (being a huge fan of the original and all).

I think, more than anything, I'm excited about playing online. I love MGS3 to death, and I'm extremely excited about this, but the online stuff just looks so cool.

[quote name='Apossum']bump. now with more info.[/QUOTE]

Wow, what a saint :roll:

Haha, j/k :p Good job, and this time dont stop at the cutscene, thats just crazy...it wasnt the most interesting cutscene, but still...

you'll be thanking me when tens of thousands more n00bz come trolling about teh LE disc....shit would've crashed the servers, i swear. I accept donations through paypal, btw.

I'll watch it this time, now that I don't have a million backlogged games on my shelf :) Been waiting forever for subsistence!

[quote name='Apossum']you'll be thanking me when tens of thousands more n00bz come trolling about teh LE disc....shit would've crashed the servers, i swear. I accept donations through paypal, btw.

I'll watch it this time, now that I don't have a million backlogged games on my shelf :) Been waiting forever for subsistence![/QUOTE]

Yeah, there already is someone that doesnt get the whole LE thing in the "Request a Video Game Deal" forum...right under the MGS3 request thread :p

But yeah...I've been waiting for subsistence too...I was just too lazy to go pre-order the LE since I figured there hasnt been a true LE yet....and since I didnt get it, now its going to be hard for me to get ahold of, but I will...somehow...It'll include a butcher knife, a gun, a ski mask, and a burrito :D

Damn fine job Apossum. The LE's are the way to go. Who hasn't wanted to relive the game without playing for 30 hours to listen and watch anything and everything. Three friggin days.

[quote name='Eviltude']Damn fine job Apossum. The LE's are the way to go. Who hasn't wanted to relive the game without playing for 30 hours to listen and watch anything and everything. Three friggin days.[/QUOTE]

Technically, it's 4 days. Tuesday is the ship date; we'll be buying it Wednesday. *sigh*

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Technically, it's 4 days. Tuesday is the ship date; we'll be buying it Wednesday. *sigh*[/quote] and I'll be out of town Wednesday.

I really hope this one clerk at my EB isn't working that day because he's completely incompetent, I just have a feeling he's the kind've guy that wouldn't think to hold a preorder for at least a day and would just sell it.

this is the first game I will be picking up on release day. Is there ANY chance at all that the game will arrive at my store (gamestop) on tuesday? I will probably call in the afternoon to double check anyway.

Ordered the regular edition since the Existence disc wasn't really worth the $10, IMO.

I'm so damn excited to watch those new clips on the secret theatre! Hehehehe. Funny stuff.

I traded in a ton of xbox crap because i never use it anymore. Hell I didnt even have any games for it really. This game was pretty much free for me so I'm really excited. Not to mention I bought Hunt for the Red October with my credit too.

I am having trouble sleeping. I doubt my Gamestop will get the game tomorrow, but I am still excited. MGS3:S LE here I come!

WHY THE fuck DIDN'T I PREORDER THE LE???

Dammit, I'm so pissed at myself. I really want that damn LE, but I know there is no way I'll be able to get it for retail price anywhere, anytime soon.

Damn, i'm so freaking excited about this! I can't wait for the bonus LE disc. I was hoping to pick it up today but I didn't realize that today is only the shipping date so one more day left!

As much as I wanted the preorder bonus, I realized I'd probably never watch it, so saving $5 on it with a GGC is good enough for me.

Best Buy's street date for this is Wednesday, same day as EB / GS, if anyone else didn't preorder and wants to save $5.

The turning of your opponent's head in Online Mode accurately reveals his field of vision. Necks actually turn!

[quote name='basketkase543']Damn, i'm so freaking excited about this! I can't wait for the bonus LE disc. I was hoping to pick it up today but I didn't realize that today is only the shipping date so one more day left![/QUOTE]

I always hope my GS gets things on the shipping date....never happens though :(

If anyone wanted the pre-order bonus but couldn't get their hands on it, a few bittorrent sites have torrents of the complete MG Saga dvd (with scans of boxart and all) posted on them now. Downloading it right now myself and am just going to keep my Saga dvd sealed once it gets here. Since the dvd is a promo item and was never officially for sale, it should be safe to download for all you concerned with the law.

bread's done
Back