MGS:Subsistence Thread-- info on LE, bonus discs, reviews etc.

[quote name='norkusa']If anyone wanted the pre-order bonus but couldn't get their hands on it, a few bittorrent sites have torrents of the complete MG Saga dvd (with scans of boxart and all) posted on them now. Downloading it right now myself and am just going to keep my Saga dvd sealed once it gets here. Since the dvd is a promo item and was never officially for sale, it should be safe to download for all you concerned with the law.[/QUOTE]

The film is still copyrighted so there's no way that downloading it is legal.

Regardless though, downloading is a good option for those who are going to miss out on it. I'll think about it myself if my ebgames doesn't have any dvds left to give me when i pick the LE tomorrow.

[quote name='basketkase543']The film is still copyrighted so there's no way that downloading it is legal.

Regardless though, downloading is a good option for those who are going to miss out on it. I'll think about it myself if my ebgames doesn't have any dvds left to give me when i pick the LE tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Oh, gotcha. I was just thinking that since it was never officially for sale, Konami wouldn't care if it was being shared on BT. I already have the legit version coming in the mail anyway. I wanna keep that one sealed though so thats the only reason why I'm downloading the dvd-r.

ive heard that some stores have already gotten it. People are saying this on the gamefaqs board. No call from GS yet. Might check down there later today. Doesn't look too good though. Sucks because I was all ready to play today. Didn't know this was the shipping date! argh. Ah well. Will probably see you guys online tomorrow.

[quote name='Eviltude']I just got a call from GS saying I can pick it up tomorrow afternoon. :sigh:[/QUOTE]

Just got the call too. As excited as I am, I probably won't get to play Subsistence for a while.

[quote name='rabbitt']Just got the call too. As excited as I am, I probably won't get to play Subsistence for a while.[/quote]

yup, i just got the automated call about 10 minutes ago

Ok, I too got "the call" from gamestop.
Did the computer-voice woman say her name was Aeris?
I dont know if I should retch.

[quote name='Arakias']Ok, I too got "the call" from gamestop.
I dont know if I should retch.[/quote]

at first i thought it was "Eric" but then i was like...hmmm...this is a woman...

[quote name='Arakias']Ok, I too got "the call" from gamestop.
I dont know if I should retch.[/QUOTE]

haha, i just got that call too. got me all excited for nothing.

although i guess aeris works for ebgames too, as thats where i preordered it from.

[quote name='ShimSham']All I know is that that woman specifically said MGS3: Limited Edition.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i heard that too. i preordered a le, but sat wondering if they change the message.

Where's everyone trying tomorrow? I'm trying Best Buy first. Hopefully, they've got the LE. I'll try Gamestop and EB as a last ditch. Any other strategies for getting a LE? This is the first great game in a long time that looks like it's gonna be very rare. The LE version that is.

[quote name='depascal22']Where's everyone trying tomorrow? I'm trying Best Buy first. Hopefully, they've got the LE. I'll try Gamestop and EB as a last ditch. Any other strategies for getting a LE? This is the first great game in a long time that looks like it's gonna be very rare. The LE version that is.[/QUOTE]

I'm just going to wait until noon, call the Gamestop my friend works at, see if he got any extra. If he didn't, I'll just go down the entire list on the store locator and call every store to see if they got any extra.

Best Buy is a last ditch effort, unless someone else reports that they find it there.

I got the call but the lady on the phone didn't mention limited edition. So I called up gamestop to make sure that my name is in the limited edition list and also made sure they saved one copy of the metal gear saga dvd for me.

[quote name='depascal22']Where's everyone trying tomorrow? I'm trying Best Buy first. Hopefully, they've got the LE. I'll try Gamestop and EB as a last ditch. Any other strategies for getting a LE? This is the first great game in a long time that looks like it's gonna be very rare. The LE version that is.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy wouldn't get the game till Thursday... or at least they never put games out before then.

God, this anticipation is killing me. I'm nearly positive I'm the only one on my Gamecrazy's LE list so I should get that and the DVD, but I'm nervous about that... I'm going to be so fucking happy when I finally get both.

[quote name='Chacrana']Best Buy wouldn't get the game till Thursday... or at least they never put games out before then.
[/QUOTE]

Release date is Wednesday, on the website and in the store (checked today in store). You'd have to ask someone to go into the back and grab you one if they are truly there.

[quote name='Roufuss']Release date is Wednesday, on the website and in the store (checked today in store). You'd have to ask someone to go into the back and grab you one if they are truly there.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? I feel kinda dumb then. So tomorrow is definitely the day for getting MGS 3 Subsistence.

[quote name='Chacrana']Best Buy wouldn't get the game till Thursday... or at least they never put games out before then.

God, this anticipation is killing me. I'm nearly positive I'm the only one on my Gamecrazy's LE list so I should get that and the DVD, but I'm nervous about that... I'm going to be so fucking happy when I finally get both.[/QUOTE]

I know! This thread is going to be positively dead soon...everyone will be online. :)

[quote name='Blind the Thief']I know! This thread is going to be positively dead soon...everyone will be online. :)[/QUOTE]

We'll have half the active threads that we currently do on CAG since we'd be losing approx. 8000 threads in all the different areas of the forum.

[quote name='Chacrana']Oh really? I feel kinda dumb then. So tomorrow is definitely the day for getting MGS 3 Subsistence.[/QUOTE]

I take it back... website has the date bumped up to the 16th now, and I KNEW it was the 15th earlier today because I even went in store and double checked.

can't wait to pick this up tomorrow...can't decide whether to start playing online or play through the story.

If I do get the LE, I dont know if I can open it. Assuming Konami doesnt ship out any more copies, the game will be very hard to find. At the same time the regular edition will drop to $20 or less sooner or later.

Subsistence got a 9.0 from GameSpot, they also have a lengthy video review posted. http://tinyurl.com/jhfjz

I can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. I hope picking up a used Network Adapter remedies my problem with my PS2; for some odd reason, I get some kind of authentication error when I try to connect.

[quote name='62t']If I do get the LE, I dont know if I can open it. Assuming Konami doesnt ship out any more copies, the game will be very hard to find. At the same time the regular edition will drop to $20 or less sooner or later.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm getting one of each ;)

[quote name='depascal22']Where's everyone trying tomorrow? I'm trying Best Buy first. Hopefully, they've got the LE. I'll try Gamestop and EB as a last ditch. Any other strategies for getting a LE? This is the first great game in a long time that looks like it's gonna be very rare. The LE version that is.[/quote]

Errr, anyone who's pre-ordered won't have to "try" anywhere.

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']I preordered the LE online 2/03 at Gamestop.com.

However, it's showing up as backordered now. WTF!?[/quote]

My show up as back-ordered too. I order on 2/02.

[quote name='Vegan']Errr, anyone who's pre-ordered won't have to "try" anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Cept for the people who bought it from Gamestop.... and likely many more people will get fucked today...

Anyway, I'm just waiting for Gamecrazy's call... they'd better not screw up.

I just got my PS2 last month but what is the difference between Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater and Substance? Both say online. Is it added content? Will I be unable to play Substance players in the Snake Eater version?

Thanks for the info. The online logo on the front of Snake Eater is a bit of a lie. Sure you can go online and download. But if I can't play online the online logo doesn't seem fitting.

[quote name='Indiana']I just got my PS2 last month but what is the difference between Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater and Substance? Both say online. Is it added content? Will I be unable to play Substance players in the Snake Eater version?[/QUOTE]

Subsistence has A LOT of extras. Snake Eater's online mode only consists of downloadable camos. Subsistence actually has an online mode where you can play online.

[quote name='Indiana']I just got my PS2 last month but what is the difference between Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater and Substance? Both say online. Is it added content? Will I be unable to play Substance players in the Snake Eater version?[/QUOTE]

Snake Eater (i.e. regular MGS3) doesn't have online-- just a couple downloadable camoflage outfits. the one that comes out today has online play. Pretty much all the stuff in the OP (and more) is not in regular snake eater :D

speaking of which, today's the day!!! *twitches* the next 2-3 hours are going to go by reallllllly slow :whistle2:(

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']Stupid gamestop.com. What the hell was the point in preordering it?

Stupid. XD[/QUOTE]

i don't understand online pre-ordering at all-- you're almost guaranteed to get it late unless you spend $10 on overnight. might as well order in store.

I've never preordered from ebgames before so I was wondering, what is required when I go and pick up the game? Do I need to have the original receipt? Is it a problem if I can't find the receipt?

[quote name='basketkase543']I've never preordered from ebgames before so I was wondering, what is required when I go and pick up the game? Do I need to have the original receipt? Is it a problem if I can't find the receipt?[/QUOTE]
just bring an id and they can match you name on the file if you dont have the receipt.

[quote name='62t']just bring an id and they can match you name on the file if you dont have the receipt.[/QUOTE]

Great, I was a liittle concerned about that.

Allright, its almost time! Unfortunately I'm not going to have time to actually play it until later tonight but I want to make sure that I pick it up.

just called gamecrazy-- not sure if this is only for their store but they said the LE comes in tomorrow.

[quote name='Apossum']just called gamecrazy-- not sure if this is only for their store but they said the LE comes in tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I just picked up my LE at 11:30 am, so EB / GS are getting it in, don't worry.

PS I'm making sure I post it in all the threads, but they are getting extras... it seems to be one extra per store, that's how I snagged mine.

bread's done
Back