Mickey Edition 3DS XL coming on April 11th

JamesKelly09

CAGiversary!
Nintendo will release a Mickey Mouse edition 3DS XL on April 11th, sold exclusively at Walmart and the Nintendo World Store in New York City .

Wal-Mart Pre-order :http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Mickey-Limited-Edition-Handheld/35092023

48968e1385396791033f7c8800edb705.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't get why you guys complain about all the different LE 3DS XLs that have/are going to come out. Gives variety of consoles since not everybody likes Yoshi, Zelda, etc and also if you don't want them, don't buy it. The only person it hurts is Nintendo.
It's funny because so many people complained when Nintendo would release a 3DS LE exclusive to other countries and people claiming they would buy them if they came to US. Here we are with LE 3DS coming out regularly and people are actually complaining that there are too many. To be fair, this is probably the worst LE, but no reason to complain about it with plenty of others to choose from.

Did they really need to slap the logo for the game on it? A little subtlety would've piqued my interest, but this looks like a promotional 3DS XL more than it does a collector's item.

I don't see a problem with these being readily available in the US.  It's kind of nice actually.  I don't think this is the best design but it's not horrible to me.  I'm sure a lot of Disney fans will buy them up.

I've found the 3DS LEs to seem more limited when they meet the following conditions: 

-Includes a good/praised game

-saves you $20 or what have you compared to buying 3DS + game ala carte 

-looks really neat and is themed after said good/praised game 

The LEs without games bundled in appeal exclusively to collector's or those who don't have one yet and just about everyone has one by now. In the case of the LEs becoming rare/valuable and what not, perhaps the same number of LEs is always produced, only the demand for the more lucrative bundles is much higher than just a new color alone? Just a thought. 

That being said this one actually looks nicer imo than the M&L, Yoshi and Pokemon XY LEs, even if I'm happy with the blue one I got after wearing out a cosmo black since launch. 

I'd like it more if it didnt have that stupid logo. It makes me think a bit about Kingdom Hearts or something.

Either way pass for me, just like the Yoshi.

Already have Zelda Bundle $150 & Pikachu 3DS XL $160 and Mario Kart Bundle $150 plus $30 GC.  I wish Nintendo pushing more Wii U Limited Console instead 3DS XL ;)

What the eff are you talking about? The best game on PS4 is a sequel to a game that came out years ago and plays very much the same. The newest, hottest PC game is an expansion to a dungeon crawler that was recently tweaked to play much more like it's 15-year-old predecessor. The Vita houses more ports than anything else and hasn't had a significant release in months. The 3DS STOMPS all over the handheld market with gems like Fire Emblem Awakening, Etrian Odyssey, Bravely Default, Kid Icarus, Mario 3D World, Zelda: LBW, Pokemon Y/X, and dozens of other titles.
Umm... Well this comment is very, very ill-informed. There are a plethora of games on Steam, both new and old. Same with the Xbox 360 and PS3. PS4 is a very new console, of course it doesn't have a large library yet. Games on these platforms continue to push the boundaries. They improve the industry. I don't know what this "hottest" game you're talking about is, but it's completely irrelevant, because you're not in a position to declare such a thing, nor are you in a position to dictate what games are, indisputably, great. Your opinion is your own. What I've claimed in regard to prices and innovation however are not an opinion, they're a fact.

By the way, being a 3DS fan, you'll like the style of games on Desura. Being that mostly indie developers produce games for that platform, the graphics are more on par with Nintendo's graphics, however, you'll find the innovation you haven't experienced in twenty years. You'll find it refreshing. Many of the games don't succeed because they don't get a backing, but this is good. This is survival of the fittest. This is why the game market is fresh everywhere except for on Nintendo systems. New ideas are encouraged, and competition is huge. For whatever reason you seem to shun new ideas. You and Nintendo both. Nintendo doesn't like to compete, they like to play in their own little circle. You can go down with that plane. I'll enjoy the growth of the industry over here.

By the way, I just looked at some gameplay videos for some of those games, and they look exactly like games I played on my GBA, except with slightly improved graphics...

I've gotten plenty of cheap deals on Nintendo 3ds games. Maybe your cag-fu isn't as strong.

If you don't like Nintendo, don't buy Nintendo. But stop the bellyaching already.

You're sounding like chimpmeister lite. He'll be in shortly to troll this thread I'm sure.
chimpmeister has not reared his head in here YET

but it's completely irrelevant, because you're not in a position to declare such a thing, nor are you in a position to dictate what games are, indisputably, great. Your opinion is your own. What I've claimed in regard to prices and innovation however are not an opinion, they're a fact.
While I usually do not respond... I just could not help it. What you consider "innovation" is subjective; it's an opinion. Personally, I consider dual screens, wii-motes, wii u tablets all very innovative (for better or worse). But I cannot claim this to be fact just because I think it.

TLDR: Pot meet kettle.

Isn't this the like 50th one already?
Well, so far this week.

I like the white and gold but I've already picked up 3 LE XLs in the last 6 months so I've gotta cool my wallet down for a while...unless it's $150 when it releases, I also agree with the sentiment that the regular 3DS LEs looked more elegant(fire emblem, oot), I'd bet Nintendo probably makes a bit more profit off of the XLs, which is why we keep seeing those over the standard 3DS(or possibly the regular are more prone to damage? idk)

Agreed.

It's almost too much oversaturation.

Think it's a ploy to try and sell multiple consoles to the same people to artificially inflate their sales numbers?

I mean I don't mind maybe 2 or 3 "special limited release" console decos but this is getting out of hand quickly.
Its better then nothing we usually get.

What the eff are you talking about? The best game on PS4 is a sequel to a game that came out years ago and plays very much the same. The newest, hottest PC game is an expansion to a dungeon crawler that was recently tweaked to play much more like it's 15-year-old predecessor. The Vita houses more ports than anything else and hasn't had a significant release in months. The 3DS STOMPS all over the handheld market with gems like Fire Emblem Awakening, Etrian Odyssey, Bravely Default, Kid Icarus, Mario 3D World, Zelda: LBW, Pokemon Y/X, and dozens of other titles.
I'm not anti Nintendo or anything but its funny that you say "sequel to a game that came out years ago and plays very much the same" then mention those Nintendo games...lmao

Got a 3DS for someone as a Christmas present. Wouldn't mind getting a cheap one eventually. Not really into pokemon, mario , or zelda but i would like to play persona Q. Actually now that I think about it I wouldn't mind the persona 3ds that comes with the game :3

ah damn, collector in me is pulling me in. I already have a half a dozen of the LEs in my closet (Pikachu, Pokémon Red, M&L, Fire Emblem, Zelda OoT, Zelda XL) as I recall. Passed on AC, Pokémon X/Y Blue, Luigi versions....did I miss any US release? lol
Prime example of why Nintendo is doing this.

Well, so far this week.

I like the white and gold but I've already picked up 3 LE XLs in the last 6 months so I've gotta cool my wallet down for a while...unless it's $150 when it releases, I also agree with the sentiment that the regular 3DS LEs looked more elegant(fire emblem, oot), I'd bet Nintendo probably makes a bit more profit off of the XLs, which is why we keep seeing those over the standard 3DS(or possibly the regular are more prone to damage? idk)

The regular sucks thats why...

Has anybody seen any new info on this? Walmart still doesn't have it on their website yet, and I know going into one of their stores would prove fruitless. 

Has anybody seen any new info on this? Walmart still doesn't have it on their website yet, and I know going into one of their stores would prove fruitless.
it don't come out until April 11th that why it ain't listed yet cause I know with the yoshi 3ds xl there were no preorders so more then likely this one the same which mean come April 11th it going to be first come first serve

Is this the first one-store exclusive? It seems like it. O_O.............This could very well be the most limited System there is :O
Doubt it. Walmart has 4200 stores in the US plus a large on-line presence. That's pretty similar to Gamestop which has 4400 or so US stores and an on-line store.

Saw these out in the video game case at walmart this morning, I guess some employee wasn't paying attention to the street date though I am sure if anyone tried they'd be shut down at the register. Its a shame about this one though because my family is big into Disney and Nintendo but this thing just does not appeal to me at all. The wife has given me the go ahead to pick up another XL (have Zelda one now) but my kids are big into Pokémon now so I am either going to hunt one of those down or end up getting a Yoshi

Saw these out in the video game case at walmart this morning, I guess some employee wasn't paying attention to the street date though I am sure if anyone tried they'd be shut down at the register. Its a shame about this one though because my family is big into Disney and Nintendo but this thing just does not appeal to me at all. The wife has given me the go ahead to pick up another XL (have Zelda one now) but my kids are big into Pokémon now so I am either going to hunt one of those down or end up getting a Yoshi
Street date? Pssh, you can't street date an already released console, especially one not bundled with a game.

As an adult and Disney fan, I really like this 3DS. I own the Animal Crossing XL though, so no reason for me to pick this one up.

Street date? Pssh, you can't street date an already released console, especially one not bundled with a game.

As an adult and Disney fan, I really like this 3DS. I own the Animal Crossing XL though, so no reason for me to pick this one up.
Hardware variants get street dated all the time regardless of whether it has a pack-in game or not. I can almost guarantee this won't ring up until Friday of next week when the release date is scheduled.

What you should be thinking about is the cost of the games on the system. There are no "CAG worthy" deals on Nintendo systems. Especially for games developed by Nintendo. It amazes me that this shit company has the gall to charge $40 for their games (upped the price $10 for no justifiable reason), then offer slightly improved graphics that shell a twenty year old gaming experience. They don't drop their prices, they don't offer any good sales etc. Investing in this system is very costly, and you're not getting anything you haven't gotten before. On a PC, Xbox, PS3/4 you get new, innovative ideas, which offer a much more enjoyable and fulfilling experience, and the prices drop quickly to a CAG level.

I'm sure everyone here knows at this point that I don't like Nintendo. I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how you can justify supporting a company that's blatantly ripping its customers off.

Also, really, who are they trying to appeal to with this gimmick? Pampered children with their hands on mommy and daddy's wallet? Everything this company does seriously annoys me.
fuck, go away. Why are you even posting here? You have too much time on your hands to care this much.

I dig this 3DS. I can't justify having more than 1. I'm still on an original launch day Onyx Black.

fuck, go away. Why are you even posting here? You have too much time on your hands to care this much.

I dig this 3DS. I can't justify having more than 1. I'm still on an original launch day Onyx Black.
I jumped from the original DS phat to the Animal Crossing XL. Have you ever used an XL? I can't imagine ever playing on such a small screen again.

Wouldn't be the first time Walmart also broke street date on the zelda 3ds xl bundle as well as the wii u and also the original wii they have a history of breaking street dates I'm surprise after so many times no fines ever been issued

It's funny because so many people complained when Nintendo would release a 3DS LE exclusive to other countries and people claiming they would buy them if they came to US. Here we are with LE 3DS coming out regularly and people are actually complaining that there are too many. To be fair, this is probably the worst LE, but no reason to complain about it with plenty of others to choose from.
^This.
I for one am happy Nintendo is finally sending so many LE 3DS' over here after watching Japan's LE consoles over the years. What's next to complain about? Getting too many LE game bundles that use to only be released in other countries?

But back on topic: as big a Disney fan as I am this is a pretty boring LE. I may be disappointed in it but, I'm not gonna complain. They can't all be winners.

^This.
I for one am happy Nintendo is finally sending so many LE 3DS' over here after watching Japan's LE consoles over the years. What's next to complain about? Getting too many LE game bundles that use to only be released in other countries?
But back on topic: as big a Disney fan as I am this is a pretty boring LE. I may be disappointed in it but, I'm not gonna complain. They can't all be winners.
I agree 100%, Japan gets all of the unique consoles, the US is always shafted. Regarding the console specifically though, I really like the gold/white combo. Would match my iPhone 5S too! =x

Estimated arrival 4/15. :eek: will it be rare or is it gonna be on sale for $160 a week later?
Who cares if it's 'rare'? Buy it if you like it.

bread's done
Back