Mickey Edition 3DS XL coming on April 11th

JamesKelly09

CAGiversary!
Nintendo will release a Mickey Mouse edition 3DS XL on April 11th, sold exclusively at Walmart and the Nintendo World Store in New York City .

Wal-Mart Pre-order :http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-3DS-XL-Mickey-Limited-Edition-Handheld/35092023

48968e1385396791033f7c8800edb705.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree 100%, Japan gets all of the unique consoles, the US is always shafted. Regarding the console specifically though, I really like the gold/white combo. Would match my iPhone 5S too! =x

Who cares if it's 'rare'? Buy it if you like it.
I mean if its going to end up like the Mario/Luigi or Yoshi system where there's tons in stock and they put them on sale, then I'd rather wait and save money than rush and preorder now. These hoarders and flippers are unpredictable, dawg

Yeah these are currently being displayed at my local Walmart as well. I didn't go through the trouble to see if they would sell them too me, but there were 2 on display. I personally have 0 interest in this Limited Edition so i'll be passing on it. 

We saw these at our Walmart as well. I didn't realize they SD for the 11th. Would have tried to buy it just to see if it would ring out if I had known. Didn't want one so I didn't think about it, lol.

Just to confirm; like the Pokemon X/Y, Pikachu and Yoshi consoles before it, this does not include the game, correct?

I don't see anything in the actual product listing that mentions this and I can't see them including a new release game and console at $199.99

Just to confirm; like the Pokemon X/Y, Pikachu and Yoshi consoles before it, this does not include the game, correct?

I don't see anything in the actual product listing that mentions this and I can't see them including a new release game and console at $199.99
correct it only the system no game is included

:

I don't think Walmart computers are set up for street dates so if you want one more then likely you could get one
I know their system blocked sales of the Zelda 3DSXL, so it can in fact stop purchases based on a street date

That's because the Zelda 3DSXL came with the Zelda game which had a street date.

There are too much of these "limited" edition 3DS's.
It's the whole point. Nintendo said stores didn't want to stock lots of different colors that didn't sell well. These limited edition 3DS serve the same purpose as colors but due to being limited and in high demand, stores will stock them.

It's the whole point. Nintendo said stores didn't want to stock lots of different colors that didn't sell well. These limited edition 3DS serve the same purpose as colors but due to being limited and in high demand, stores will stock them.
Funny you say that, I usually only see 1 LE 3DS XL at any given store at a store. I doubt it's b/c it's limited but b/c there are other 3DS's in the shelves already. Might as well leave them there and leave the new LE in the room.

Just echoing, saw these at Walmart in Florida Fri night.  Hadn't even heard the announcement yet.  Looked it up tonight and see that it's not out until the 11th.  Interesting.

Regarding the console specifically though, I really like the gold/white combo. Would match my iPhone 5S too! =x
It's a nice graphic, I just expected something cooler. Even black on the top, then red on the bottom (of both actual top & bottom of the 3DS) with his yellow buttons would have been cooler. Basically the Mickey Mouse version of that club nintendo Mario DS from a while back.
I guess I'm spoiled by awesome Disney stuff I see in their stores at the parks lol.

Wow didn't know that. Great point if it's true. And a little sad it took stores & not fans to get Nintendo to send us more LEs...
Now bring the Charizard XL over here.

:

I know their system blocked sales of the Zelda 3DSXL, so it can in fact stop purchases based on a street date

That's because the Zelda 3DSXL came with the Zelda game which had a street date.
While that may or may not be true, the guy claimed their system doesn't do street date blocks and that is 100% not true.

So, I know it was asked but does Walmart being the exclusive retailer truly cancel out the probability of this eventually being rare or more importantly staying at MSRP? I'm not pumped about it not including the game but I've been thinking about getting an additional 3DSXL for the wife and kids and know they would prefer this one. 

It just seems like 3DS XL sales have become somewhat common and I am on CAG and all...

So, I know it was asked but does Walmart being the exclusive retailer truly cancel out the probability of this eventually being rare or more importantly staying at MSRP? I'm not pumped about it not including the game but I've been thinking about getting an additional 3DSXL for the wife and kids and know they would prefer this one.

It just seems like 3DS XL sales have become somewhat common and I am on CAG and all...
I don't think anyone knows for sure. I can tell you that I live in an urban area with a bunch of local Walmarts and most stores only seem to have received 2 units at this point. Assuming this stays true for the entire chain, you're probably looking at around 10K units total. Of course, they could get restock and who knows how many units are in the on-line store inventory. Personally, I think this will be somewhat rarer than the other recent models as it is exclusive to only one store and that store has as many locations as Gamestop in the US, so take that for what it's worth.

Picked one up this morning before work.  The electronics manager was there and told me they only received two, which he said was surprising to him, because they are a very high volume video game revenue producing store.  The Wal-Mart by my house told me on Wednesday, (I tried to buy one early) that they also only received two, but I kind of expected it there as it is a smaller store.

Picked one up this morning before work. The electronics manager was there and told me they only received two, which he said was surprising to him, because they are a very high volume video game revenue producing store. The Wal-Mart by my house told me on Wednesday, (I tried to buy one early) that they also only received two, but I kind of expected it there as it is a smaller store.
good info, I may try and snag one. I know the kids will like it and the Disney brand may increase it's value. Are there any other unique characteristics other than the graphic on top? I haven't been able to find any pictures on the interior or back.

i hope they still have some of these when I get home from work around 8pm

even though i already have the zelda 3dsxl, i really want this one too, haha

Just picked up one in store. Seems like most stores around me shows limited stock. The one I went to received 8.

I know it's a pain but can someone post a couple of unboxing pics of this thing or confirm that it's all one color on the inside and back. I'd love to know if there's some cool details missing because Nintendo was too lazy to share.

The first rule when listing something as rare on ebay is to not show a picture of a whole pyramid's worth of the item.

I did look at the seller's other listed items. A $600 PS4. $270 Wi-fi Vita bundled with Lego Batman. Lots of shoes.

How is this guy not running his own billion dollar company?

PS: There's 26 visible boxes which puts the total spent at around $5600 after Arizona sales tax. After fees and saying around $10 shipping he'll get less than $30 profit for each one.

Not to mention that he probably bought those on credit, so he's paying interest for each month they don't sell. Depending on their rate, that could easily eat all the "profit".

Yeah, that Mickey 3DS is RARE, they've got a pyramid of them. For $280. :whee:

On the opposite side of the spectrum, there is a seller with Mario & Luigi bundles for $180. Paying more than MSRP for a 3DS is just silly.

Picked one up this morning before work. The electronics manager was there and told me they only received two, which he said was surprising to him, because they are a very high volume video game revenue producing store. The Wal-Mart by my house told me on Wednesday, (I tried to buy one early) that they also only received two, but I kind of expected it there as it is a smaller store.
Actually, this is usually the case with all limited edition 3DS systems. I remember the Pikachu, Zelda, and Pokemon ones have an extremely limited supply per a store.

Check out the completed listings. Some have sold already for $290+.

Anyways, I love this edition mostly cuz dat box!

Gold and sparkly with a big old Mickey on it...I passed on the Yoshi, FE and M&L but this one was a must get for me. The game being developed in Japan and published by Nintendo/Bandai Namco and getting decent reviews doesn't hurt the decision. Neither does Disney's often overlooked legacy in gaming. I'm mostly referring to the 8/16 bit era Capcom stuff but also the recent resurgence of a some decent quality titles; this new one most of all.

My armchair market analyst guess is that this will be one of the more limited XLs as well with only 8,000 to 15,000 units produced based on the numbers people are saying they've seen different Walmarts get. My city has two Walmarts and they each got 8 units. I remember seeing an ebayer (maybe the same guy) with a similar pyramid of Pikachu 3DS XLs back in the day. No one's disputing the rarity of that edition that had a wider sphere of distribution.

This edition will appeal to Nintendo fans, parents, casuals, kids and Disney fans so my guess is they'll be hard to find within a year and I'm also guessing 3/4 of those beautiful boxes are going to end up in the garbage on day one.

The 3DS is amazing, Nintendo is as awesome as they've ever been and I'm more than happy to keep giving them money. 2 cents for the haterz.

Check out the completed listings. Some have sold already for $290+.

Anyways, I love this edition mostly cuz dat box!

Gold and sparkly with a big old Mickey on it...I passed on the Yoshi, FE and M&L but this one was a must get for me. The game being developed in Japan and published by Nintendo/Bandai Namco and getting decent reviews doesn't hurt the decision. Neither does Disney's often overlooked legacy in gaming. I'm mostly referring to the 8/16 bit era Capcom stuff but also the recent resurgence of a some decent quality titles; this new one most of all.

My armchair market analyst guess is that this will be one of the more limited XLs as well with only 8,000 to 15,000 units produced based on the numbers people are saying they've seen different Walmarts get. My city has two Walmarts and they each got 8 units. I remember seeing an ebayer (maybe the same guy) with a similar pyramid of Pikachu 3DS XLs back in the day. No one's disputing the rarity of that edition that had a wider sphere of distribution.

This edition will appeal to Nintendo fans, parents, casuals, kids and Disney fans so my guess is they'll be hard to find within a year and I'm also guessing 3/4 of those beautiful boxes are going to end up in the garbage on day one.

The 3DS is amazing, Nintendo is as awesome as they've ever been and I'm more than happy to keep giving them money. 2 cents for the haterz.
The people paying $290 don't live in the United States.

The Pikachu one sold faster because $200 was the going rate for a 3DS XL at that time. Fast forward and there are almost weekly sales on the Nintendo handhelds so $200 seems really steep to the average consumer therefore these are going to be gobbled up by collector's/hoarders/resellers so there will be fewer collector's/hoarders/resellers to sell to.

Has anyone been able to price match the current Target ad for this 3DS?

In the Target ad, you get a $40 gift card with the purchase of a 3DS XL.

bread's done
Back