Minnesota Deals Topic

gameguy22006

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Thought I'd go ahead and create a topic for Minnesota. As usual, be sure to include specific info such as the store's location when posting a deal (and of course, information about the deal itself). Enjoy! :)

[quote name='nintendokid']Again, I'm not sure why no one has brought it to the attention of the owner that prices for classics (N64, SNES, Genesis) need to be brought down about $10-15 but I guess no one cares enough to do anything about it.[/QUOTE]
Believe me, it's not that I haven't brought it to their attention. One of my coworkers has, as well. Every now and then something will drop on account of our nagging, but we can't overhaul everything overnight. There are some of us that care.

So is MGS3:Subsistence LE still hard to find? picked up a copy w/ the saga DVD at gamestop in maple grove today. Seems like a decent find considering I only stoped there because I was bored.

Games 4 Less in Lino just got a shipment of over 100 Nes games and top loader machine. They even got about 15 games in the box. The best thing is buy 2 get 1 free. Just to let you guys know who are in the old school.

Went to EB Games in uptown, Minneapolis on Lake, just to blow off time until my girlfriend got home. WOw, came out with 1019 GCN mem card for $15, not bad. I was hoping for the 9.99 sale, but it's probably over. And...drum roll please..............more drum rolls....!!!!

I found GCN Component mint for $4.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The HDTV cord for GCN is not sold MSRP so it wasn't in the system. WHen it was traded in, someone probably just tagged it with "N64/Gamecube A/V cord" which is in the system at $4.99.

One more thing to report: ok, ROseville gamestop has a used xbox360 sitting in the back shelves already (so it starts already? THis has got to be a record for fastest system ever traded in). It was listed as $279.99 so it's the wired set. If someone wanted to trade it in that bad, they must've been in a hurry. And if they were in a hurry, most likely, they probably wanted cash instead of tradein credit. That means that they probably walked off with less than $150. If they had walked up to any dude on the street, they would've made at least $250 back. Stupid, that's all I can say. Stupid. Damn, if I had been in the store at the time it was traded in, I would've said "Go back and stay in your car, I'm going to the bank and I'll bring you back $25 more than what gamestop is offering you" heheheh...yeah, if 360 was "GOOD" that is

[quote name='nintendokid']Went to EB Games in uptown, Minneapolis on Lake, just to blow off time until my girlfriend got home. WOw, came out with 1019 GCN mem card for $15, not bad. I was hoping for the 9.99 sale, but it's probably over. And...drum roll please..............more drum rolls....!!!!

I found GCN Component mint for $4.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The HDTV cord for GCN is not sold MSRP so it wasn't in the system. WHen it was traded in, someone probably just tagged it with "N64/Gamecube A/V cord" which is in the system at $4.99.

One more thing to report: ok, ROseville gamestop has a used xbox360 sitting in the back shelves already (so it starts already? THis has got to be a record for fastest system ever traded in). It was listed as $279.99 so it's the wired set. If someone wanted to trade it in that bad, they must've been in a hurry. And if they were in a hurry, most likely, they probably wanted cash instead of tradein credit. That means that they probably walked off with less than $150. If they had walked up to any dude on the street, they would've made at least $250 back. Stupid, that's all I can say. Stupid. Damn, if I had been in the store at the time it was traded in, I would've said "Go back and stay in your car, I'm going to the bank and I'll bring you back $25 more than what gamestop is offering you" heheheh...yeah, if 360 was "GOOD" that is[/QUOTE]

Fastest record for a system getting traded in? The thing's been out for nearly 5 months. I've seen PSPs and DSs preplayed a lot sooner than 4-5 months after release.

Your really proud of that component cable huh? You posted an entire thread about it and then posted it in here. Maybe if you found a mint sealed Suikoden 2 or Panzer Dragoon Saga for cheap but come on its a component cable that could very easily go back into production for the Revolution and then be worth that $5 that you paid for it again.

*SNIFF* SNIFF* yall smell that....? I do, I think I smell "jealousy"

Talk all you want about how finding component cables is nothing compared to finding Suikoden 2 sealed or Panzer Dragoon Saga sealed, I care nothing of those two games and I wouldn't pay more than $20 for either pieces of you-know-what. I think people like you are just jealous because I found it for cheaper than 2 happy meals. You and everyone else who's been talking smack wishes you could find one for this cheap. I oughtta take this cord and beat you with it because I already have a main cord.

[quote name='nintendokid']*SNIFF* SNIFF* yall smell that....? I do, I think I smell "jealousy"

Talk all you want about how finding component cables is nothing compared to finding Suikoden 2 sealed or Panzer Dragoon Saga sealed, I care nothing of those two games and I wouldn't pay more than $20 for either pieces of you-know-what. I think people like you are just jealous because I found it for cheaper than 2 happy meals. You and everyone else who's been talking smack wishes you could find one for this cheap. I oughtta take this cord and beat you with it because I already have a main cord.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Ohhhh maybe we can have a component cable battle considering I already have the fucking cables and would have no reason to be jealous :roll:

I'm trying to find a set of those same said componet cables for the GC myself but there is no way in hell I am paying the outrageous amount they are going for on eBay. Looks like I will be waiting for a long time I guess....

If anyone is really looking for these games to play and not just keep around for trade fodder, EB Games in Maplewood, MN has Wild Arms and Wild Arms 2 both complete and mint. But with the remake and other RPGs out now, I doubt anyone would spend money on these. FYI, wild arms is $12.99, part 2 is 9.99.

Anyone know of any place around the Twin Cities that has a good selection of complete N64 games? I'm tired of buying them on eBay an message boards because they are rarely in the condition I want them to be.

[quote name='dbiersdorf']Anyone know of any place around the Twin Cities that has a good selection of complete N64 games? I'm tired of buying them on eBay an message boards because they are rarely in the condition I want them to be.[/QUOTE]

Your best bet would be, like discussed a little bit earlier, Toyriffic near Maplewood mall. There are other locations too.

[quote name='dbiersdorf']Anyone know of any place around the Twin Cities that has a good selection of complete N64 games? I'm tired of buying them on eBay an message boards because they are rarely in the condition I want them to be.[/QUOTE]
Toyriffic in Maplewood and Hudson have some complete N64 games, but I'm not sure which titles, so you may want to call ahead first to inquire about availability and prices. Yes, this is a shameless plug for the store I work for.

Also, I've become manager of the Eau Claire store now! I busted the old one for stealing money on several occasions. Boo on him.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Toyriffic in Maplewood and Hudson have some complete N64 games, but I'm not sure which titles, so you may want to call ahead first to inquire about availability and prices. Yes, this is a shameless plug for the store I work for.

Also, I've become manager of the Eau Claire store now! I busted the old one for stealing money on several occasions. Boo on him.[/quote]

Congratulations on your promotion! Busted him stealing money on several occasions?..... Wouldn't his arse be out the there after the first attempt?! :lol:

If you ever have enough power and influence to change the prices on some of your classics games, let me know - I'll be on my way to EC ASAP. Probably stop at Lake Hallie and Carson Park for some fishing too

Ok first post. Is anyone looking for a Halo edition xbox? I was but, now I found some one who has acouple original Halo edition xboxs in great shape for sale. Let me know these are the really cool ones clear green case with Halo written on the front.

[quote name='nintendokid']Congratulations on your promotion! Busted him stealing money on several occasions?..... Wouldn't his arse be out the there after the first attempt?! :lol:

If you ever have enough power and influence to change the prices on some of your classics games, let me know - I'll be on my way to EC ASAP. Probably stop at Lake Hallie and Carson Park for some fishing too[/QUOTE]
Rather, I discovered that he was stealing money from the store quite often. Only recently did I catch it, however.

As for fixing prices, I wish I had the ability. I'd love to, but that'd require an act of God.

Oh, there is some good news, though! Each of our stores will be having a half-off sale sometime in May, though management may pull some of the super-rare stuff. I'll let you know once we have solid dates.

If u guys are looking for any of the vintage nes games or snes games or any of the rare RPG Games N Go, Has alot of this stuff at both of their stores. The prices are pretty reasonable. They have one in Southdale Mall and Brooklyn Park

[quote name='RedvsBlue']You know what's interesting is musicland is closing sam goody and suncoast stores all across MN (including MOA) and yet they just put in a brand new Suncoast at the mall here in St. Cloud.[/QUOTE]

The Sam Goody in MoA is staying open. Suncoast is the only one thats closing.

[quote name='Rihan']The Sam Goody in MoA is staying open. Suncoast is the only one thats closing.[/QUOTE]
Yes, and your point is?

[quote name='Rihan']The Sam Goody in MoA is staying open. Suncoast is the only one thats closing.[/quote]

How long have they known they were closing and, if for a while, what kind of discounts do they have? If they're running some good discounts I'll have to head over there sometime soon.

[quote name='Azeroth2k']How long have they known they were closing and, if for a while, what kind of discounts do they have? If they're running some good discounts I'll have to head over there sometime soon.[/QUOTE]

They were at 25% last weekend with some things a little bit higher %-age off.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']They were at 25% last weekend with some things a little bit higher %-age off.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. 25% probably puts them around the same prices Best Buy would have, since Suncoast is usually overpriced. Maybe I'll wait until they go a little higher...unless anyone saw some REALLY good deals there that I shouldn't pass up.

[quote name='Azeroth2k']Thanks for the info. 25% probably puts them around the same prices Best Buy would have, since Suncoast is usually overpriced. Maybe I'll wait until they go a little higher...unless anyone saw some REALLY good deals there that I shouldn't pass up.[/QUOTE]

Well, its a little cheaper than best buy now but still more than or equal to Target. ITs great if your looking for a hard to find DVD because they still had quite a bit of inventory at this point. Here's an example I looked at though as far as prices go:

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Well, its a little cheaper than best buy now but still more than or equal to Target. ITs great if your looking for a hard to find DVD because they still had quite a bit of inventory at this point. Here's an example I looked at though as far as prices go:[/quote]

I'm mostly interested in anime, import movies, and TV shows. An anime DVD at Suncoast usually runs about $30, so it'd still end up being around $25 after tax, which is around what it'd cost elsewhere. I know their TV sets are WAY overpriced...at least any I've ever looked at.

[quote name='Demolition Man']To all my fellow Minnesota Cheap Ass Gamers I'd like to wish you all a Happy Easter. Don't eat too much ham now. ;)[/QUOTE]

It's not the ham we should fear, but the Peeps!

[quote name='inubu']It's not the ham we should fear, but the Peeps![/QUOTE]

IMG_9509.jpg

Christian Cage says HELLO to his P33ps in the Minnesota Deals Topic. :lol:

Any of my MN CAGers happen to know someone in the Mankato-esque area who does Xbox repairs for Dirty Disk Errors and the like? My Xbox has become unplayable, but I'd rather try and fix it than get another system and not be able to transfer all the stuff on my hard drive.

I know I could send it in to Microsoft, but A.) They don't make any claims that your hard drive will survive, and B.) This thomson drive problem is their dirty bastard child in the first place, so it'll be a cold day in hell before I throw more money at them to fix it.

There was a store here called Big Game that used to do stuff like this, but they closed, and if I ask people at the remaining game stores (Gamestop and...um...Gamestop) their eyes just glaze over and a line of drool rolls out of thie mouths.

[quote name='Salmonday']Any of my MN CAGers happen to know someone in the Mankato-esque area who does Xbox repairs for Dirty Disk Errors and the like? My Xbox has become unplayable, but I'd rather try and fix it than get another system and not be able to transfer all the stuff on my hard drive.

I know I could send it in to Microsoft, but A.) They don't make any claims that your hard drive will survive, and B.) This thomson drive problem is their dirty bastard child in the first place, so it'll be a cold day in hell before I throw more money at them to fix it.

There was a store here called Big Game that used to do stuff like this, but they closed, and if I ask people at the remaining game stores (Gamestop and...um...Gamestop) their eyes just glaze over and a line of drool rolls out of thie mouths.[/quote]

Mind as well buy a new one. You know all game stores (independently owned) charges $40 to fix a PSone. I can only guess at how much they will charge for an XBOX.

[quote name='nintendokid']Mind as well buy a new one. You know all game stores (independently owned) charges $40 to fix a PSone. I can only guess at how much they will charge for an XBOX.[/QUOTE]

A customer who bought an XBox at my store a week ago told me she paid $80 "at some repair store" to have a bad DVD drive replaced out on her first XBox unit. :shock:

Anyone know of any flea markets/Salvation Army stores in Minnesota that sell used games and stuff? The Minnesota yardsale/garage sale "industry" isn't exactly booming, and I can never find any good stuff. I'm moving to northern Minnesota this weekend, so I'm hoping my luck up there with finding yardsales and thrift stores is a little better than it was down in Southern Minnesota.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Anyone know of any flea markets/Salvation Army stores in Minnesota that sell used games and stuff? The Minnesota yardsale/garage sale "industry" isn't exactly booming, and I can never find any good stuff. I'm moving to northern Minnesota this weekend, so I'm hoping my luck up there with finding yardsales and thrift stores is a little better than it was down in Southern Minnesota.[/QUOTE]

Where are you moving? The thrift stores in the Fargo-moorhead area are pretty lame. Really, it seems like small town's have the only good thrift stores left, but they are very hit and miss.

For those in the Minneapolis area, the Toyriffic stores in Hudson and Maplewood will be having their semi-annual sales in the upcoming weeks. Hudson's sale is scheduled for 5-8pm on Saturday, May 13th, and Maplewood's will be a week later, from 5-8pm, on Saturday, May 20th.

-50% off pre-owned video games, VHS movies, music CDs, and toys
-30% off all video game accessories (new and used), all DVDs and DVD box sets (new and used), and Maplewood's "rare" case of games

It's my understanding that a few of the more rare games (mostly RPGs) will be pulled from the sale, or marked at 30% off instead of 50%, but this is a pretty good deal for most of the stuff (unless it's priced unreasonably high to begin with, of course - which happens from time to time).

Also, Toyriffic's Wisconsin locations will be holding their sales even sooner! Rice Lake's will be held next Friday, May 5th, from 6-9pm, and Eau Claire's is the following day, Saturday, May 6th, from 5-8pm.

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Nobody.

Nobody who?

Nobody In The

Nobody in the who?

Nobody in the Minnesota Deals Topic that's who!

(As in... where is everyone?)

FYI, Sam Goody downtown is now at 40-60% off. If you see a game with that looks really overpriced (like Marvel Nemesis or Gun for $49.99) it means they're just mismarked, as them to price check. Saw that they had Shadow Hearts: From The New World, and a bunch of 360 titles last time I was in there.

The Suncoast at Northtown is now closed. I walked by a week ago before they boarded the spot up. Seemed very strange after all those years to see it gone. Not that I'm too sad as the company is just badly run.

[quote name='Demolition Man']The Suncoast at Northtown is now closed. I walked by a week ago before they boarded the spot up. Seemed very strange after all those years to see it gone. Not that I'm too sad as the company is just badly run.[/QUOTE]

I've lived in the Blaine/Coon Rapids area my whole life. It's sad seeing Northtown in the shape it's in. I used to ride my bike there in the early 80s and marvel at the selection of Commodore VIC 20 games at Radio Shack, the Atari 2600 games at KB, and the NES games at Woolworths. After checking out the games, I would head over to the arcade with my report card for some free tokens and stand in line to play a little Dragon's Lair.

Of those 4 businesses, why did Radio Shack get to be the one to survive?

Poor me!

Games 4 less in Lino Lakes has all there used inventory buy 2 get 1 free. I just stopped in a couple of days ago and the guy said that the sale will go to the end of the month.

[quote name='inubu']Of those 4 businesses, why did Radio Shack get to be the one to survive?[/QUOTE]

I wonder how the hell does Radio Shack stay in business when I often times see more employees than customers in the store. :lol:

[quote name='Demolition Man']I wonder how the hell does Radio Shack stay in business when I often times see more employees than customers in the store. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Where else can you buy a 9 volt battery for $5.00?

Roseville Gamestop has a copy of Alundra 1 if anyone wants it. $11.99 I believe. I shook it to see if it had the book and I think it's complete since it's pretty heavy.

[quote name='Salmonday']Any of my MN CAGers happen to know someone in the Mankato-esque area who does Xbox repairs for Dirty Disk Errors and the like? My Xbox has become unplayable, but I'd rather try and fix it than get another system and not be able to transfer all the stuff on my hard drive.

There was a store here called Big Game that used to do stuff like this, but they closed, and if I ask people at the remaining game stores (Gamestop and...um...Gamestop) their eyes just glaze over and a line of drool rolls out of thie mouths.[/QUOTE]

No their really isn't.

I went to the Games N Go in Brooklyn Park today. A lot of oldies. It's a really nice place but the games are a little overpriced. Too much for my cheap ass.

Lots of clearance games at the downtown and Ridgedale Targets. LOTR: The Two Towers 1.84 (PS2-still a bunch of copies downtown), Mercenaries 7.98 (Xbox)/14.98 (PS2), 7.98 NBA Street Vol. 3 (Xbox), a bunch of others including serveral PSP titles.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']For those in the Minneapolis area, the Toyriffic stores in Hudson and Maplewood will be having their semi-annual sales in the upcoming weeks. Hudson's sale is scheduled for 5-8pm on Saturday, May 13th, and Maplewood's will be a week later, from 5-8pm, on Saturday, May 20th.

-50% off pre-owned video games, VHS movies, music CDs, and toys
-30% off all video game accessories (new and used), all DVDs and DVD box sets (new and used), and Maplewood's "rare" case of games

It's my understanding that a few of the more rare games (mostly RPGs) will be pulled from the sale, or marked at 30% off instead of 50%, but this is a pretty good deal for most of the stuff (unless it's priced unreasonably high to begin with, of course - which happens from time to time).

Also, Toyriffic's Wisconsin locations will be holding their sales even sooner! Rice Lake's will be held next Friday, May 5th, from 6-9pm, and Eau Claire's is the following day, Saturday, May 6th, from 5-8pm.[/QUOTE]

Usually a scam. They pull anything worth anything. Their regular prices are twice what any local gamestore charges. So in the end they get you to come into the store and you save nothing. Plus their return policy is the worst in the business.

[quote name='Sinizar']Usually a scam. They pull anything worth anything. Their regular prices are twice what any local gamestore charges. So in the end they get you to come into the store and you save nothing. Plus their return policy is the worst in the business.[/QUOTE]
The current-gen stuff is almost always priced slightly cheaper than other used stores, but the older stuff (NES, SNES, PSX) can be overpriced, depending on what it is. I don't understand your beef with the return policy, though.

bread's done
Back