Mirror's Edge - Out November 11 - Demo Out Now!

[quote name='thelonepig']Depends on how involved you are in time runs. I haven't gotten any further into them than I did with the demo, but I plan to once I've gathered all of the bags.[/quote]

I ran into the same thing. I got around it by wallrun-turn-jump on from the lower landing up to the top instead of taking the stairs as it always seemed to freeze as I turned the corner from the stairs.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/04/mirrors-edge-dlc-packs-a-ps3-exclusive/

Looks like there will be seven new time trial maps coming in January for $10 along with one free map just for the PS3. If that's all the exclusive DLC is, then it's a bit of a disappointment. I do like the unique visual style that they went for with these new maps.[/quote]

That looks amazing. I just finished this last night and I was going to trade it...but I might hold on to it now.

Also, that "Still Alive" song that plays over the credits is gorgeous. Can't stop listening to it.

Yeah, one extra map wasn't what I was expecting, but I'll take it.

Looks beautiful. Exactly what the game was all about.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I wonder if they have that remixed track in the video anywhere :whistle2:k[/quote]

I got a copy of it. I believe it is either on ITunes or their website. Theres four other remixes of the main theme as well.

The Mirror's Edge soundtrack is available in the Zune Marketplace and (if you'd prefer the tracks DRM-free) from eMusic.

Here's the entire tracklisting:

01. Still Alive (The Theme from Mirror's Edge Radio Edit)
02. Still Alive (Benny Benassi Mix Radio Edit)
03. Still Alive (Paul van Dyk Mix Radio Edit)
04. Still Alive (Armand Van Helden Mix)
05. Still Alive (Benny Benassi Mix)
06. Still Alive (Junkie XL Mix)
07. Still Alive (Teddybears Mix)
08. Still Alive (Paul van Dyk Mix)
09. Still Alive (The Theme from Mirror's Edge)
10. Still Alive (Paul van Dyk Mix Short Version)
11. Still Alive (The Theme from Mirror's Edge US Radio Edit)

300x300.jpg

This week's Zero Punctuation review of Mirror's Edge pretty much summed up my feelings. Bought it, played it, traded it in less than a week. Supremely disappointing overall.

Finished this a few days ago and I'm not really that impressed. Being a 'runner' is really cool and some of the moves you can pull off are sometimes pretty spiffy, but the rest of the game is just so blah. From the graphics, to story and acting. This game is a testament to the fact that you can make a 1st person game that doesn't rely on shooting ..... and now someone else needs to take the best parts from this game and make a good one.

I checked out all those tracks and aside from the original the only one I liked was the teddybears mix :/
The rest are your average techno/dance mixes that you've heard a million times.

PS3 or 360?

I like getting all multiplatform games on the 360 because I feel more "connected" to my friends and I get to see what everyone else is playing/doing. But I did like the feel of the PS3 controller more for this type of game.

Plus, the PS3 is getting one exclusive time trial map...so what to do?

[quote name='ivanctorres']PS3 or 360?[/quote]

I played the demo on PS3 and the whole game on 360...they looked and felt pretty interchangeable to me.

About the DLC, does anyone know if it's gonna have additional trophies along with it? I'm still on the fence about it, but that might definitely push me in the direction of buying it.

Hopefully nobody minds me digging up this old thread but I just had to say...

Got this for Christmas. I've played it pretty much nonstop ever since. I just completed chapter 8 and though I've certainly screamed fuck a time or two, especially when I am getting iced by cops, overall I love this game. I've never been a huge FPS fan (though I do have my moments), but this game for me blows them all away.

I also recently read that EA is planning to go ahead with a sequel in the future :cool:. I do wish this game lit up the sales charts a bit more than it did. I love it.

...any other recent fans of this game around here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I got it for Christmas as well, and it's become one of my favorite games of the year. I rarely ever beat games, I probably haven't even beaten more than 1/10 of my entire game library, but there was just something that kept me going with this game. The main controls were perfect, the level layout was perfect, and the story, although on the weak side with details, was great as well. It all just clicked.

The only thing I didn't like was the disarm method. I spent about an hour trying to disarm the 4 guys in the orange warehouse until I just said fuck it and started shooting up the place. Of course after that I learned I didn't need to confront them.:bomb:

Definitely will be picking up the DLC when it hits.

mirrornewskg1.png

Some good and some bad news to everyone who awaits the new mirrors edge patch. The bad news is that the patch is delayed, and the good news is that we get the free maps today, anyway.

EA Quote
"To offer a completely smooth experience for players, DICE announced today that the DLC map pack for Mirror's Edge on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC will be delayed until February. However, the free exclusive map for PlayStation 3 players will be available to download on January 29 as previously announced."

You can read more about this over at bigdownload.

http://www.ps3trophies.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14996

I'm sure glad they decided to wait until the day before to tell us it's delayed. I got all excited for nothing.

Digging up this thread because I just inherited a copy from a friend of mine. He used to get free games from CC through his job there, and he just freaking gave it to me. Nicest dude I know.

I gotta say, this is a hard game to put down. Despite the wonky combat, I'm loving pretty much every minute of it. I wish the cutscenes weren't cartoonish, but oh well. Anyone else still playing this?

Good thing I rented it; 7 hours and no intent of speedrunning, but it was a gratifying adventure and promising IP with a memorable theme score. Thought your com-person was a 50 year-old by the sound of his voice, but he was no older than 25... from what I could tell in the unflattering 2D cutscenes anyways.

Hopefully in a sequel, PS3/X360 get the physics as seen in the PC version since it wasn't even a demanding game to begin with with all the sterile environments (not bad, gave it vivid contrast). Also would like to see a barrel roll button because of the heavy combat during the last 2 hours.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/nvidia-physx-mirrors-edge/43552

What was with all the damn rats?

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn....with Physx on, things are bit more detailed. Enjoyed the part with the swaying blinds when the windows were being shot.

bread's done
Back