MLB 08: The Show CAG League 2.0 - Dodgers World Series Champs! Congrats to cdrw123!!

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Okay well then if we have 5 to choose I guess I'll use Westbrook, Sowers, and S. Lewis as my 3, 4, and 5.[/quote]

Thanks...that works for me!

Hey talon I sent you a PM but haven't heard from you. I would like to get our game in this weekend if possible. Thanks

ICT-esq Gamer... where you been at? when you wanna play... we also have to play some NHL 09 league games for 360... I see you have yet to play one.

cdrw123/humanoidtyph0on - I'm back from my trip, and I'm available to play any time today (10/19) from 4-11 pm est. Or I can do any time tomorrow in the same time frame. Just let me know.

Also, I still need to know your new 1-5. I'm just going to assume you want your 1-2 the same, but at least tell me who you want as your 3-5.

cdrw123 - Dodgers
1. Lowe
2. Billingsley
(choose your 3-5 from these guys)
3. Penny
4. Maddux
5. Schmidt
6. Kuroda

[quote name='n8rockerasu']cdrw123/humanoidtyph0on - I'm back from my trip, and I'm available to play any time today (10/19) from 4-11 pm est. Or I can do any time tomorrow in the same time frame. Just let me know.

Also, I still need to know your new 1-5. I'm just going to assume you want your 1-2 the same, but at least tell me who you want as your 3-5.

cdrw123 - Dodgers
1. Lowe
2. Billingsley
(choose your 3-5 from these guys)
3. Penny
4. Maddux
5. Schmidt
6. Kuroda[/quote]

3.penny
4.kuroda
5 schmidt

got back today 10/20 good all day today or tuesday afternoon

[quote name='cdrw123']3.penny
4.kuroda
5 schmidt

got back today 10/20 good all day today or tuesday afternoon[/quote]

Thanks man! How about today (10/20) at 5 pm est then?

[quote name='cdrw123']got back today 10/20 good all day today or tuesday afternoon[/quote]

nothing like saying you'll be available all day, and then not checking CAG the rest of the day... #-o

I was hoping that I would have the bye this week, but I don't. I just moved into a new place over the weekend and obviously don't have cable/internet/phone yet, so I'm not going to be able to participate this week. I should be back up and running by the middle of next week, that's when they're scheduled to come. Sorry.

Wow...I'm about to just concede the season. Good game to cdrw123, and congrats on the division. I don't really think you did anything particularly "better" than me. The game just decided that the Dodgers were going to win. I felt like I was playing on rails. Everything I hit with home run distance went foul, and everything that was fair died at the warning track (except Drew's lucky ass wallscraper in the 8th). Yet you hit bloops over every one of my infielders.

Also, I hate to bitch about "mini lag", but it did screw me up going after a couple flyballs, and then on that last AB by Snyder, it totally fucked me. I couldn't even see the pitch, and then swung way late. Not saying you did anything wrong. I thought you played a really fair game, and I appreciate you not rushing your pitches or anything. I just feel like my team is dead in the water...

[quote name='DestroVega']^there's always playoffs[/quote]

Top 2 teams from each league. No way in hell my team makes it. The Dbacks are out of gas. Art immitating life I guess. They're tanking just like they did in real life.

n8, since I'm not playing this week due to Papi's internet, can I use Arroyo next week? How does that go, does the auto-win kinda just off-set the loss of that pitcher?

[quote name='Wpark83']n8, since I'm not playing this week due to Papi's internet, can I use Arroyo next week? How does that go, does the auto-win kinda just off-set the loss of that pitcher?[/quote]

Well, you're in an interesting situation since this will be 2 weeks since you've played. You CAN use Arroyo, basically by switching him with your #4, Johnny Cueto (since next week will be a #4 week). Normally, this wouldn't be something you'd want to do with a top end pitcher, but since we're in the final turn through the rotation, it's not going to hurt you at all. Just say the word, and it will be done.

Supreme, just sent a PM about playing tonight. After tonight I'm not sure what my availability will be. I can try to be around tomorrow, but I gotta study for a midterm early in the evening.

GG Destro. Thanks for another spanking :)

As per usual, I played well until the middle of the game when I just left my pitcher in too long. Oh and I made my usual baserunning mistake and didnt score on a play I should have scored on because I still dont know how to run the bases in this damn game! Ah theres always next year.

[quote name='ivanctorres']GG Destro. Thanks for another spanking :)

As per usual, I played well until the middle of the game when I just left my pitcher in too long. Oh and I made my usual baserunning mistake and didnt score on a play I should have scored on because I still dont know how to run the bases in this damn game! Ah theres always next year.[/quote]

Yeah, don't worry. Next year's baserunning controls will probably be different! ;)

Supreme, since I haven't heard anything I'm probably gonna be away from the PS3 tonight and studying. Depending on the deadline I could maybe be available late tomorrow, but if not I guess I just gotta take the loss for not setting up a time.

Actually, the deadline has passed guys. Man, this week went by really fast. We had 3 unplayed games this week (one that I knew about in advance), but I guess that's my fault for not getting a reminder message sent out. Sorry about that.

Anyway, Wpark83, Fuzi0n, and Ultimate Matt X, you all received wins. We're in the home stretch guys. Just 3 weeks left, and 7 of our 11 teams still have a mathematical shot at the playoffs! So don't let anybody else decide your fate!

Here's the schedule for week 14! Please make note of the deadline.

Week 14 Schedule (the current round expires on Oct 29, 2008 02:58 PM PST.)

Cincinatti Reds (Wpark83) at Arizona Diamondbacks (n8rocker82)
Pitching Matchup: Bronson Arroyo vs. Doug Davis

Los Angeles Angels (talon7) at Boston Red Sox (CaptainBackslap)
Pitching Matchup: Joe Saunders vs. Curt Schilling

Chicago Cubs (cusemanKeith) at Los Angeles Dodgers (humanoidtyph0on)
Pitching Matchup: Ted Lilly vs. Hiroki Kuroda

Detroit Tigers (FuzionMC) at New York Yankees (DestroVega)
Pitching Matchup: Armando Galarraga vs. Andy Pettitte

Cleveland Indians (TheUMX) at Tampa Bay Rays (ICT_EsqGamer)
Pitching Matchup: Jeremy Sowers vs. Andy Sonnanstine

*off this week: Philadelphia Phillies (PapiChullo)

ivanctorres,

Well I might be around later tonight, but I'm not sure. I have a midterm, but after that may be on the games around 10 or 11. I'm definitely around all weekend except Saturday night may be a little rough.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']ivan, I may still be around tonight late if you wanna give it a go and if not I'm not free in the evening tomorrow. I wasn't originally.[/QUOTE]

I might be on tonite. I'll send u a pm if I'm on.

nice game typhoon... some weird stuff too- like what was up w/you getting me out when I was standing on 1st base? game glitch I guess... but I won't complain - enough of that on here anyway. You played a good fair game, and I appreciate it.

Manny was killer. Good luck in the playoffs.

Keith

[quote name='melokeith']nice game typhoon... some weird stuff too- like what was up w/you getting me out when I was standing on 1st base? game glitch I guess... but I won't complain - enough of that on here anyway. You played a good fair game, and I appreciate it.

Manny was killer. Good luck in the playoffs.

Keith[/quote]

Yeah somethin weird happen when u stole and i got a strike cause the count was 2-1 and then all of sudden fukudome was bat. Then he got a hit but the play wouldnt end which means that i needed to tag a base.

good game though, Manny was tryin to hit them out the park all day just happen to connect on two of them.

Glad that I have a bye this week because Verizon sucks. They messed up my original order and re did it and had to push the install day back to 11/3. So I should be back in business for next week.

GG UMX

I won 6-4 and the game was very very close. I again made baserunning mistakes but I was helped out by a huge 2 run homer by Crawford in the 4th inning to make it a 4-0 game after I didn't score because I made a baserunning error. UMX had two homers (soloshots) and played very well.

I think you stayed too long with your pitcher. I pulled Sonnanstine after 5 1/3 once he gave up that first home run.

Had a great game going against Destro (he was up 3-2 2/3 into the bottom of the7th) then my modem decided to reset itself booting me from the game.

All right guys, just one unplayed game this past week. It was between Supreme and talonthrawn. talon, you get the win for that game.

We're down to our final two weeks of the regular season. There's still a pretty tight race going on, with 3 teams battling for 2 playoff spots in each division. The games this week will be big in deciding who makes the playoffs!

PapiChullo - Since you had the bye the past week, you get to choose between Brett Myers and J.A. Happ for your game against me. Everybody else is throwing #5's this week, before we wrap up the season with our aces next week.

Here's the schedule for week 15! (please make note of the deadline)

Week 15 Schedule (the current round expires on Nov 05, 2008 04:59 PM PST.)

Cincinatti Reds (Wpark83) at Chicago Cubs (cusemanKeith)
Pitching Matchup: Edinson Volquez vs. Jason Marquis

Detroit Tigers (FuzionMC) at Cleveland Indians (TheUMX)
Pitching Matchup: Dontrelle Willis vs. Scott Lewis

New York Yankees (DestroVega) at Los Angeles Angels (talon7)
Pitching Matchup: Phil Hughes vs. Ervin Santana

Arizona Diamondbacks (n8rocker82) at Philadelphia Phillies (PapiChullo)
Pitching Matchup: Max Scherzer vs. Brett Myers/J.A. Happ

Boston Red Sox (CaptainBackslap) at Tampa Bay Rays (ICT_EsqGamer)
Pitching Matchup: Paul Byrd vs. Edwin Jackson

*off this week: Los Angeles Dodgers (humanoidtyph0on)

Destro, been waitin for this rematch. Let me know when you can play. I'm good any night after 4:30 pm and all day Saturday. Also Nate hope you don't mind but I'll pimp out my FIFA league on 360 if anyone is interested.

[quote name='talonthrawn']3:30 is gold, cu then[/quote]

unfortunately, work has called me in from 12-3... I should be home around 3:40... so let's stamp a solid 4 PM start time... cool?

bread's done
Back