MLB 08: The Show CAG League 2.0 - Dodgers World Series Champs! Congrats to cdrw123!!

Damn man, what a game. Idk what was up with Hunter dropping those two balls early on. But that was crazy. Your lineup with everyone healthy is pretty disgusting btw. Anyways good game and good luck.

eh... I don't wanna get too crazy but stealing shouldn't even be allowed online. I'll just end it at that, good luck.

I haven't ever seen the Angels steal every time a runner other than Vlad gets on base... nor have I seen them ever score on a sacrifice bunt from 2nd. It's fine man, it is what it is.

[quote name='melokeith']u still in this thing?
Keith[/quote]

Keith, since we're down to the last 2 weeks of the season, I wouldn't be surprised at all if non-contending teams basically dropped. Wpark "threatened" to quit a while back, and after I played him last week...and no hit him for 6 innings, he just quit the game, and left me the lovely comment at the top of page 25. I guess I don't really expect guys to stick around to take a beating, but it really makes me respect players like Ultimate Matt X, ivanctorres, and PapiChullo even more. Speaking of PapiChullo...

PapiChullo - I just re-read the thread and saw that you said Verizon isn't coming out till 11/3. I hope everything runs smoothly man, because that gives us 2 1/2 days to get our game played. If you see this and want to set up a time to play, I'll be available any time after 5pm est, so just let me know if you have a specific time in mind.

I have the slimmest of hopes going here for the playoffs. Naturally I'd like to be in the post season, but really I just joined to play against some decent folks who would try to play fair as opposed to the random idiots on sportsconnect. I'm sure I've rushed pitches occasionally (I'm impatient - usually not on purpose) - but hopefully most would say I've played fair. Anyone that wants to get in a game anytime outside of the league, just let me know!

Keith

Fuzion, may be on later if you want to play. Haven't heard from you yet. I'll also be around Tuesday or Wednesday if needed. Tomorrow night is probably out though.

Captain-if you see this I can play tonite since I dont really have any fantasy games riding on tonite's football game.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Keith, since we're down to the last 2 weeks of the season, I wouldn't be surprised at all if non-contending teams basically dropped. Wpark "threatened" to quit a while back, and after I played him last week...and no hit him for 6 innings, he just quit the game, and left me the lovely comment at the top of page 25. I guess I don't really expect guys to stick around to take a beating, but it really makes me respect players like Ultimate Matt X, ivanctorres, and PapiChullo even more. Speaking of PapiChullo...

PapiChullo - I just re-read the thread and saw that you said Verizon isn't coming out till 11/3. I hope everything runs smoothly man, because that gives us 2 1/2 days to get our game played. If you see this and want to set up a time to play, I'll be available any time after 5pm est, so just let me know if you have a specific time in mind.[/QUOTE]

Im playing it out because maybe at some point running the bases will click. :lol:

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Fuzion, may be on later if you want to play. Haven't heard from you yet. I'll also be around Tuesday or Wednesday if needed. Tomorrow night is probably out though.[/quote]

Sorry about the no contact, was out of town earlier this week then halloween came around and just slipped my mind. Wednesday should be good for me too.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Okay Wednesday is a little harder than Tuesday, but I should be able to make it work out. If possible 6-8 EST is probably the best time for me.[/quote]

Just keep in mind the deadline is Wednesday at 7:59 PM EST guys. Don't cut it too close...

Fuzion I'm at the PS3 now. If I don't answer on there right away I'll probably be on here so just PM me or hit me up with a PSN message, I'll respond to one of the two.

After a long ordeal between moving and verizon not offering internet in my new place, I finally have a connection again through Comcast, so I'm back up and running. N8 let me know when you can get a game in. I'll be available from now til probably about 630, then anytime after 9 or so.

Fuzion, I've been around since 4, but I don't think we're gonna make the deadline. I'll give it a few more minutes as we could start soon and make it, but after that I'm out.

All right guys, we've finally made it to the last week of the regular season! As I kinda expected, only ONE game got played this past week. LOL...yeah, we're the only league not in the Dominican who's playing winter ball.

I hated for it to come down to this, but I had to "elect" winners of 4 games. Ultimate Matt X, melokeith, ivanctorres, and myself all got wins (sorry PapiChullo. You came back about 3 1/2 hours before the deadline, and I had a really busy day today).

We've got this one final week before playoffs begin. And don't worry. The playoffs will only take 2 weeks (LCS -> WS). I'd really appreciate it if you guys would try to play your games this week. I know all some of you have to play for is pride, but I'd like to at least end the season on a positive note.

I also just want to thank everyone for the effort you all have made over the past 4 months. It hasn't always gone smoothly, but I really believe everybody did their best to make this league a success, and I really appreciate that.

This is the first league I've ever played in that hasn't died halfway through the season. And I have to say, I've really enjoyed it...even getting my ass handed to me. I hope you all have had a good time, and I know that I'll be back for MLB 09 (hopefully I'll be able to get in on the first go round next year though).

And here is your week 16 schedule!

Week 16 Schedule (the current round expires on Nov 12, 2008 06:49 PM PST.)

New York Yankees (DestroVega) at Boston Red Sox (CaptainBackslap)
Pitching Matchup: Chien Ming Wang vs. Josh Beckett

Philadelphia Phillies (PapiChullo) at Chicago Cubs (cusemanKeith)
Pitching Matchup: Cole Hamels vs. Carlos Zambrano

Los Angeles Dodgers (humanoidtyph0on) at Cincinatti Reds (Wpark83)
Pitching Matchup: Derek Lowe vs. Aaron Harang

Los Angeles Angels (talon7) at Cleveland Indians (TheUMX)
Pitching Matchup: John Lackey vs. Cliff Lee

Tampa Bay Rays (ICT_EsqGamer) at Detroit Tigers (FuzionMC)
Pitching Matchup: Scott Kazmir vs. Jeremy Bonderman

*off this week: Arizona Diamondbacks (n8rocker82)

Interesting how the win you "elected" for yourself clinches your playoff appearance. That seems fair.

Fun league to the rest of you, Good luck in the playoffs.

[quote name='Wpark83']Interesting how the win you "elected" for yourself clinches your playoff appearance. That seems fair.

Fun league to the rest of you, Good luck in the playoffs.[/quote]

What the fuck is your problem man?? The last time you played me, you played like shit. You have no one but yourself to blame for stinking up the place and swinging at everything. You got no-hit for six fucking innings in a lag free game because you sucked. And then you have the balls to come in here and bitch at me for "not giving you anything to hit". Since when did we become a bunch of "strikes only" bitches???

Yes, I gave myself the win for this last game, but if you'd quit your crybaby bitching for 5 seconds and act like a grown man, you'd remember that PapiChullo has been having problems with his internet for 3 weeks. He was supposed to have it fixed by 11/3, which would have given us 2 days to get the game played. I PM'd him and posted in this thread trying to see if he was back yet, and got no response until today...3 hours before the deadline. What the fuck would you have had me do? Give myself a loss just for the hell of it???

Because of your sorry ass, melokeith's game didn't get played either. Even if I had given myself a loss, I could have clinched by giving you a win. Would that have been fair? You're just as much to blame as anybody for this bullshit, so don't come in here crying to me about "fair".

I'll admit, at the beginning of the season, I thought flipping a coin would suffice to decide the winner of unplayed games. But the fact of the matter is, 99% of the time, one person puts forth more effort than the other to get the game played. If we're using "fair" as our measuring stick, the person putting forth the most effort should get the win. And that's how I've been deciding games for months now.

If you have a problem with that, then you're just impossible to please. I said I hated having to decide the playoff spots like this, but what choice did I have??? If that's not good enough for you, then go fuck yourself.

I can't believe how many times I've had to defend myself this season. If you guys think I've done that bad of a job running this league, then I won't even bother next year. Hell, Wpark83 seems to think he could do a better job. Why not let him do it?

UMX, when you wanna play? I know I've already clinched but we should still play our game regardless. So let me know when ur avail. And n8, don't worry about it, this league has been fun, end of story.

Let's try MOnday at 8pm est.

Thanks - Keith

quote=PapiChullo;5085698]Keith I'll be available throughout the weekend. Then if we don't get it in after about 8 during the week.[/quote]

[quote name='melokeith']Let's try MOnday at 8pm est.

Thanks - Keith

quote=PapiChullo;5085698]Keith I'll be available throughout the weekend. Then if we don't get it in after about 8 during the week.[/quote][/QUOTE]

Sorry man, I forgot I had a coach's end-of-year meeting tonight. I probably won't be back until around 11 or so. So if you're around I'll find you.

[quote name='m_d_amore']Do you think you guys are going to have a winter league?[/quote]

I'm not sure but its certainly something I'd be interested in :)

And Matt how about Tuesday around 5?

[quote name='m_d_amore']Do you think you guys are going to have a winter league?[/quote]

Doubtful. After all, MLB 09: The Show will be out in just under 4 months. There are plenty of other great games to keep people occupied until then.

EDIT - haha, as soon as I say something. Well, going on talon's response, I think we'd definitely need to gauge interest. I just think it would be hard playing with no roster updates and the same old, same old each week.

winter leauge will tide you over til the new one and let people like me (thanks target)who just picked it up now a chance to rock the online :)

Papi - I checked in around 8pm, hung out for just a couple of minutes then left. No worries about not getting the game in, just wanted you to know in case you checked in too at a different time, that I did try.

Also, I'd be interested in a winter league - Dibs on the Yankees if Destro's not in :D

Keith

Just a reminder that the deadline for this final week of the regular season is tomorrow, 11/12 at 9:49 PM EST. Not a single game has been played yet. Not really surprised, but feel free to play if you guys want to. 4 teams will move on for 2 weeks of playoffs after that.

And since I've shut down my Madden 360 league, this is my final commitment to CAG. After that, I'm taking a hiatus. This site tends to suck you in until you start neglecting other aspects of your life. I appreciate the deals I find here, but I need to remind myself that there are more important things than playing video games. Thank you guys for playing in the league. Sorry for not being a better commissioner.

talon, sorry I missed your message. I was around, but I check PMs better than the thread. I'll be around this evening, but it'll be more difficult with school stuff. Just PM me if you're around or just take the win if we can't work something out.

All right guys. As I figured, none of the games got played this last week. The way I decided winners was just be giving the teams with the better record the win. This was especially important for DestroVega and Fuzi0n's games because they were tied in the standings. I gave them both wins, and let the game break the tie.

Other winners included melokeith, cdrw123, and talonthrawn. I've posted the final standings in the OP, and the matchups for our Championship Series. Pitching rotations will no longer be enforced. Go with your best! And good luck to everyone!

CAG 2.0 Championship Series (the current round expires on Nov 20, 2008 10:13 AM PST.)

New York Yankees (DestroVega) at Los Angeles Angels (talon7)
Pitching Matchup: anybody vs. anybody

Arizona Diamondbacks (n8rocker82) at Los Angeles Dodgers (humanoidtyph0on)
Pitching Matchup: anybody vs. anybody

Overall, good league - good job commish. Most people seemed to have the right attitude most of the time, and the complaining over some stuff (like lag, etc) was sometimes warranted, sometimes lame. Anyways good luck to those in the playoffs, and let me know if you all start a new league.
Keith

Well, cdrw123, I sent you a PM a day or two ago, but haven't heard from you. We've got like 2 days to get this game played. Where are you man?

yeah Talon, is tomorrow night around 10 too late or should we try for tonight around the same time? or what else are you thinking

All right cdrw123, I hope you're ready. It's about 6:55 now. I've got some other stuff I need to do tonight, so I'd like to get this game in asap. Hope you're on time. Good luck to you.

Wow...7:20...and you're still not here. Thanks for being such an awesome guy! :roll: I can wait till 7:30. If we don't start by then, I won't be able to play till around midnight. If you give a damn about playing this game, PM me. The deadline is tomorrow (11/20) at 1:13 PM EST. I really hate this unplayed games crap. It has totally ruined what was a pretty fun league.

And there it is: 7:30 (actually 7:35 now). Thanks for being a dick cdrw123. You've been a pain in the ass throughout this league, and this just caps it off beautifully. I think waiting 30 minutes is more than generous. Being late is inconsiderate as hell and shows no respect for others.

I could have used this time to actually be playing a game (like the Left 4 Dead that I just got). But instead, I spent it waiting on you. My wife will be home in about 30-40 minutes, and I'm not fucking up the rest of our evening because you can't be a grown up. This is the EXACT reason I'm getting tired of online gaming. People are assholes.

Yeah guys like u are pricks. Omg i waisted 30mins of poor my miserably life. I was sick so sue me, I took medicine and fell asleep. but no you gotta take ur bitching to forums like always and complain about everything that doesnt go your way. Take ur W and move on like the little girlieman you are. Wah Wah With your up and in pitching style you truly are lame.

bread's done
Back