MLB 08: The Show CAG League 2.0 - Dodgers World Series Champs! Congrats to cdrw123!!

In other news, Talon totally destroyed me last night!... see Talon, you don't have to play small ball with the Angels!

That's the way I like to lose, a good ole' fashioned ass-beating. I really just get annoyed with stealing in this game online, so my rant last game was just me blowing off steam. I'd much rather just get pounded into submission, and Jeter misplaying that line drive in the 2nd opened the flood gates. Good game Talon, you definitely deserve to be moving on. Good luck in the finals, and it's been a pretty fun league.

Looking forward to MLB Show '09 and the leagues to come... N8, if you wanna play some NHL on 360 VS each other just throw me a shout.

be-ba-de-ba-de That's all folks

I thought you were going to make a strong comeback when you had em juiced with no outs and hit that double. But Lackey was just tired as shit I guess. Anyways, I also have had a lot of fun in this league. Looking forward to the World Series which appears to be against Nate. Anyways, you should have brought Joba in a little earlier, I can't hit him worth shit. I cannot wait for MLB 09.

[quote name='cdrw123']Yeah guys like u are pricks. Omg i waisted 30mins of poor my miserably life. I was sick so sue me, I took medicine and fell asleep. but no you gotta take ur bitching to forums like always and complain about everything that doesnt go your way. Take ur W and move on like the little girlieman you are. Wah Wah With your up and in pitching style you truly are lame.[/quote]

The bottom line is you act like an irresponsible child. I figure you're no older than 17, because that's about the maturity level that you display. We made plans to meet at 7. I was still checking my PS3 at 7:40 and you hadn't shown up. I can't be mad at you for being sick. It happens. But send me a PM or something earlier in the day to give me a heads up. It's still bullshit to stand somebody up like that. That's not something you "bitch and complain" about. That's just a dick move. Period.

And the whole point is I don't want to "take a win". I'm sick of just "taking a win". The deadline is in about 1 hour, and I've sent you a PM. If we don't get the game in, I'm letting talon pick the winner. I'm tired of this bullshit.

[quote name='talonthrawn']I thought you were going to make a strong comeback when you had em juiced with no outs and hit that double. But Lackey was just tired as shit I guess. Anyways, I also have had a lot of fun in this league. Looking forward to the World Series which appears to be against Nate. Anyways, you should have brought Joba in a little earlier, I can't hit him worth shit. I cannot wait for MLB 09.[/quote]

Haha, glad you're around man. If cdrw123 and I don't get thsi game in in the next hour, I'm letting you choose your opponent. I'm tired of people accusing me of unfairly "giving" myself wins. It's like people don't realize that if games didn't go unplayed, we wouldn't have this problem to begin with. Anyway, congrats to you on your win. Whoever you want to play is your call. Don't let me sway your decision one way or the other.

[quote name='DestroVega']In other news, Talon totally destroyed me last night!... see Talon, you don't have to play small ball with the Angels!

That's the way I like to lose, a good ole' fashioned ass-beating. I really just get annoyed with stealing in this game online, so my rant last game was just me blowing off steam. I'd much rather just get pounded into submission, and Jeter misplaying that line drive in the 2nd opened the flood gates. Good game Talon, you definitely deserve to be moving on. Good luck in the finals, and it's been a pretty fun league.

Looking forward to MLB Show '09 and the leagues to come... N8, if you wanna play some NHL on 360 VS each other just throw me a shout.

be-ba-de-ba-de That's all folks[/quote]

Glad to hear you guys had a good game...must be nice, haha. Thanks for sticking around all season Destro. You've been a great competitor!

Oh, and about NHL 09, I'm (attempting) to kick off "CAG Hockey Night" tonight at 10 pm est. Not sure if anyone will show up, but I figure setting a specific day is our best shot. I'm going to try to stay on until about 2 am if there are games actually being played.

Well, Thursday nights are really nights I just hang out with the girlfriend... she works until about 11 every single other night except weds and I play games every night when she isn't around, so when she is I don't really play solo just cause it isn't really fair to her... we usually play Scene It! together or Rock Band 2.

But I'm usually playing NHL all weekend and other nights so I'm sure I'll run into ya.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']The bottom line is you act like an irresponsible child. I figure you're no older than 17, because that's about the maturity level that you display. We made plans to meet at 7. I was still checking my PS3 at 7:40 and you hadn't shown up. I can't be mad at you for being sick. It happens. But send me a PM or something earlier in the day to give me a heads up. It's still bullshit to stand somebody up like that. That's not something you "bitch and complain" about. That's just a dick move. Period.

And the whole point is I don't want to "take a win". I'm sick of just "taking a win". The deadline is in about 1 hour, and I've sent you a PM. If we don't get the game in, I'm letting talon pick the winner. I'm tired of this bullshit.[/quote]

Dude u have serious case of pms. I aint your girl and this aint a date. Shit why do i have to tell you 6hrs in advance that im sic and that i might happen to fall asleep for 15 hrs. Shit happens get over it. You make ur self sound like a bitch someone stood me up for a fucking game.

Talon just play N8 and get this league over with theirs only 4 people lurking around it anyways. i missed gametime so i forfeit.

This league been alright but it suxs mostly to rosters changing basically screws everybody up. Probably would have been better if it was a draft league. Had good game against most peeps, some of them suxed some of them quit. Ohh well them the breaks.

[quote name='DestroVega']Well, Thursday nights are really nights I just hang out with the girlfriend... she works until about 11 every single other night except weds and I play games every night when she isn't around, so when she is I don't really play solo just cause it isn't really fair to her... we usually play Scene It! together or Rock Band 2.

But I'm usually playing NHL all weekend and other nights so I'm sure I'll run into ya.[/quote]

That's totally cool man. I just picked Thursdays because my wife usually goes to bed early Thursday nights and I have the TV to myself. Of course it's going to be different for practically everybody. I just wanted to pick a set day so people would have something to go by. Right now, it's so hit and miss. If Thursdays end up not working out for the majority, I could potentially do a weekend night too. Just trying to get the ball rolling...or puck I guess, haha ;)

[quote name='cdrw123']Dude u have serious case of pms. I aint your girl and this aint a date. Shit why do i have to tell you 6hrs in advance that im sic and that i might happen to fall asleep for 15 hrs. Shit happens get over it. You make ur self sound like a bitch someone stood me up for a fucking game.[/quote]

Look, I wasn't trying to take my frustration out on you. I feel for you if you're sick man. I'm mostly frustrated with online gaming as a whole. Having one person not show up for a game is tolerable, but when it starts happening across the board (happened to me in Madden a lot), it gets ridiculous.

Stuff like this always brings back the "it's just a game" argument, but I don't know. I just think your punctuality is an extension of your behavior in the real world. If you're constantly late in real life, you're going to be late in the "virtual world" of gaming or whatever. It is what it is. No one's ever going to be happy about sitting around waiting on somebody.

I guess I was mainly pissed off because the last time this happened to me, and I "gave myself" a win, I got bitched out and was practically called a cheater by Wpark83. No pun intended, but it just feels like I can't WIN either way. And honestly, both of the games we played earlier in the year were pretty close, but I couldn't beat you. I really wanted another shot.

EDIT - Actually, that gives me an idea (here I go getting creative again). As of now, the result of the game is hanging in the balance. We could still technically play...as just a regular game, and whoever wins, I'll grant the win to. And that team will LEGITIMATELY move on to the finals. There's just no honor in stealing a semi-final win, and I'd really like to play the game. I'm available any time from now until 10 pm est tonight (when CAG Hockey Night kicks off, haha)

talon, you'll be playing cdrw123. I'm not going to say anything bad about you, cdrw123, but I just don't enjoy playing you. It's not even your fault, but when I play you, there is just massive button lag. I think like half of my presses didn't even register.

The whole game just felt jittery to me, and even started to make me nauseous at one point (reason why I paused for a minute or so). And of course when that happens, I can't pitch for shit. It's just weird because it doesn't happen when I just play random opponents.

But anyway, you beat me. In the end, that's all that matters. Good luck to both of you guys in the championship. Glad this league is wrapping up. I'm pretty burnt out on baseball for now. Doubt I'll be playing if there is a winter league, but have fun if you guys plan one.

After enduring 4 months of play, the MLB 08: The Show CAG League 2.0 is finally ready for its World Series matchup! One thing is certain. The title will reside in Lalaland, as the Los Angeles Dodgers will square off against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Formerly of Disney, Twice Removed from the "Singing Cowboy" Gene Autry (which is their OFFICIAL name) in a single game "Sunshine Series" showdown!

Residents of Los Angeles are buzzing with excitement (or atleast their Blackberries are anyway), and the league is expecting a record number of purse dogs (not to be confused with hotdogs...careful where you put that ketchup!) in attendance.

As usual, the rest of the country will find better things to do (re-runs of "Welcome Back Kotter" will allegedly air head to head with the title game, which could spell trouble for MLB's television ratings!) Either way, that should make for an exciting night of entertainment! Don't miss it!

CAG 2.0 World Series (the current round expires on Nov 28, 2008 07:24 PM PST.)

Los Angeles Dodgers (humanoidtyph0on) at Los Angeles Angels (talon7)
Pitching Matchup: anybody vs. anybody

[quote name='n8rockerasu']talon, you'll be playing cdrw123. I'm not going to say anything bad about you, cdrw123, but I just don't enjoy playing you. It's not even your fault, but when I play you, there is just massive button lag. I think like half of my presses didn't even register.

The whole game just felt jittery to me, and even started to make me nauseous at one point (reason why I paused for a minute or so). And of course when that happens, I can't pitch for shit. It's just weird because it doesn't happen when I just play random opponents.

But anyway, you beat me. In the end, that's all that matters. Good luck to both of you guys in the championship. Glad this league is wrapping up. I'm pretty burnt out on baseball for now. Doubt I'll be playing if there is a winter league, but have fun if you guys plan one.[/quote]

Good game, you inability to throw strikes in the zone is wat killed you 2 walks plus the intentional in the 5th allowed me to break the game open. I think you had 7 walks for the whole game ouch! Why i cant get stephen drew out i dont know why? My bullpen was lights out only giving up 2hits in 3innings after Lowe surrendered 6hits through 6.

It's world series time. CDRW let me know when you wanna play. Last time we played I believe we went 13 or 14 innings. I'm available anytime tomorrow pretty much but during the week is a little shaky as my work schedule will be hectic but I'm sure we can work something else.

[quote name='cdrw123']Good game, you inability to throw strikes in the zone is wat killed you 2 walks plus the intentional in the 5th allowed me to break the game open. I think you had 7 walks for the whole game ouch! Why i cant get stephen drew out i dont know why? My bullpen was lights out only giving up 2hits in 3innings after Lowe surrendered 6hits through 6.[/quote]

It's seriously just that "mini lag" man. I know it's not your fault, so it's not even worth getting upset about anymore. But for whatever reason, I'd press the button, and usually, the screen wouldn't react till about 0.25 seconds later. It was ever so slight, but enough to mess up my timing. And for some ungodly reason, that screws me up worse than massive stuttering lag.

It's weird because it makes the game appear like it is running smoothly, and then all of a sudden, it starts hiccuping. I think it was most noticeable on foul balls, where I couldn't even see the swing a lot of times. And also on hard liners. The ball almost seemed like it would jump, and the game had to catch up.

When I had that double to lead off the game, and then bunted with Drew, I was actually attempting to move Hudson to 3rd. I was jamming on my damn L1 button to advance Hudson but he just stood there. Then Eckstein hits into that super hard double play, and I don't even score.

Then later, I had a guy thrown out at home on the basehit to left because of the same thing. For some stupid reason, he went back to 2nd when I was jamming on L1 again. I'm just not meant to beat you. Not that I don't think I'm capable of it. It just doesn't work out for me. On top of my own mistakes, I get bad luck piled on (mini lag, hard hit balls right at guys, getting squeezed by the ump, etc.) It's just too much to overcome, lol. But it is what it is. Good luck to you guys in the final.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='talonthrawn']It's world series time. CDRW let me know when you wanna play. Last time we played I believe we went 13 or 14 innings. I'm available anytime tomorrow pretty much but during the week is a little shaky as my work schedule will be hectic but I'm sure we can work something else.[/quote]

well im gunna be travel tomorrow but ill be back on monday. If you wanna play tonite between 8-11pm im free other wise maybe tuesday would be better.

And its over folks Blake De Witt Host the World Series Mvp Trophy over his head. The rookie really came through for the Dodgers going 4 for 4 and hitting a homerun to give the Dodgers life after being down 3runs early. In this alternate universe the Manny deal worked out for perfect for the blues would struggled to score more than 3 runs a game early on during the season. During this postseason pitching was mediocre and scoring bigtime runs was the only insurance you had.

[quote name='talonthrawn']wow i suck, good game, good league peace out[/quote]

haha lol why i spotted you 3 runs with billingsley i have no idea. I thought he should have the chance to redeem himself from losing to the phillies. i guess i was wrong. His command was horrible today.

Big mistake bringing oliver in, shoulda left kelvim escobar in :s but oh well, once lackey lost control I knew it was gunna get rough, anyways you're a good player man, and I played not my best game so i lost.. congrats you earned it

bread's done
Back