Monoprice.com - Need HDMI, Optical Audio, Component, or Other Cables, Get Them Here

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I know a lot of you are probably aware of this place, but I just thought I would post this since I did not find a topic.

monoprice.com has long been known as the cheapest place to buy USB, Network, HDMI, and many other cables, period.

Their service is excellent as well.

Our business just ordered another round of Network and USB cables and saved close to $1000 compared to retail stores like Best Buy, etc.

We have had Network cables from monoprice throughout our building for a few years and have had NO ISSUES at all. Most of the cables in my home (S-Video, HDMI, USB, CAT5e, etc. are also from monoprice and they have been perfect.

The Quality of the cables I have bought has been as good or in many cases, much better than more expensive cables elsewhere.

I know there are other online retailers like Firefold that sell for similar prices, but I have not found their service to be near as good as monoprice.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZincAlloy']Gwow I wish I knew about this place and site before. I am never paying 100 bucks for an HDMI cable again[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm guessing you bought a Monster cable. Every time I go into a store and I see someone looking at their packages, I very quickly tell them to check out Monoprice or Amazon's selections and save themselves a boatload of cash.

[quote name='david12795']but quick question: i know every hdmi cable is the same since they omit the same digital signal, so why are there mixed reviews between these cableshttp://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1275781534&sr=1-1[/QUOTE]

If you've ordered an HDMI cable that omits the digital signal, you'd best cancel that order quickly! :lol:

What do you mean by "mixed reviews"? Both cables have an average of about 4.5 stars, which is pretty high for Amazon ratings (keep in mind that, in general, people are usually more inclined to post ratings and reviews for items when they're unhappy with them). You'd have to read the reviews to know why a few people gave them lower scores -- chances are a few people either got bad cables, or were idiots and didn't know how to hook them up, or something.

ok thanks for the correction :p

not necessarily true, some people said their hdmi cable didn't work but their old ones did. so whatever. $2.38 is not a total loss :p

ordered some couplers for a component cable so i can play my psp on my tv from my couch. less then 3 bucks out the door inc shipping. fuck radioshack. they wanted to sell me the stuff for 15. never again. only mono price now.

i'm ignorant...
is a cat5e cable the same (functionally) as the cat5?
I am buying a cable for computer to router (was told this would make my pc faster than wireless)...
thanks!

If you're worried about internal network speeds, CAT5E & CAT6 will both support GigE. CAT6 is better suited for it, though CAT5E will also do it without issue.

Regardless, your connection will always be limited to your Internet connection speeds, unless you're worried about internal traffic like streaming video/audio or file transfer.

Anyone have the 4X2 True Matrix HDMI 1.3a Powered Switch w/ Remote Controller (Rev. 3.0) and a PS3?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=5312

I think I'm having an issue with it, just trying to find out it anyone else is also. I'm using all monoprice hdmi cables as well. The problem
I'm having usually only happens on the dash and not in game. It loses signal and the screen goes black for a second or two and then comes back, I was just recording it and it happened almost every minute but then I start a game and it's fine, go back to the dash and it happens again.

Edit: it happens in Wipeout HD also, so it seems like it's happening with 1080p on the PS3.

Edit: 360 output at 1080p works just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hollowfreak']Anyone have the 4X2 True Matrix HDMI 1.3a Powered Switch w/ Remote Controller (Rev. 3.0) and a PS3?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=5312

I think I'm having an issue with it, just trying to find out it anyone else is also. I'm using all monoprice hdmi cables as well. The problem
I'm having usually only happens on the dash and not in game. It loses signal and the screen goes black for a second or two and then comes back, I was just recording it and it happened almost every minute but then I start a game and it's fine, go back to the dash and it happens again.

Edit: it happens in Wipeout HD also, so it seems like it's happening with 1080p on the PS3.

Edit: 360 output at 1080p works just fine.[/QUOTE]

Well, obviously it's your PS3 and/or the combo with the switch. I would call the folks that make the switch to see if it is a known issue. Only on the dash though, weird.

Grrr . . . Got an order from Monoprice today for some cables and adapters, and they sent me the wrong item for two of them. So I contacted them, and they're sending replacements, but despite the fact that I paid for priority mail and have already waited most of a week for the first shipment to arrive, they sent the replacements by slower first class mail instead. What the hell, Monoprice?

On the positive side, when I was putting together my order, I was browsing through the site and happened to run across this controller grip for the Wii:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10830&cs_id=1083001&p_id=5662&seq=1&format=2

It was cheap, and I was able to add one to my order without increasing my shipping cost at all, so I said why the hell not and grabbed one. It's actually pretty cool -- I haven't really gotten to use it yet, but it feels pretty decent with the remote in it and I imagine that it will be great for games like New Super Mario Bros. that make you use the Wii remote turned sideways. One of the things that I've hated about that game and others that do that is that I don't find holding the remote like that to be very comfortable. This isn't quite as good as an actual gamepad, but it's a lot closer. Might be worth checking out if you've got a Wii and you're doing a Monoprice order anyway.

Just got an order from them today.
10-10' cat 6 cables and a 30' as well.
All totaled for under $30. Some stores charge more than that for one 10' cat 6 cable.
Gotta love pricing like that.

[quote name='starmask2k3']do you need a 3D HDMI cable to watch 3D on a ps3 or PC[/QUOTE]

I imagine some retailers would like you to think so (
iconbestbuy.gif
). But as long as you have any high speed hdmi cable you will be fine. But in general all hdmi cables will work.

M

[quote name='starmask2k3']do you need a 3D HDMI cable to watch 3D on a ps3 or PC[/QUOTE]

Yes and no. There's no such thing as a "3D HDMI cable". However, you do need a cable capable of high-bandwidth data transfer, which was introduced into the spec in HDMI 1.3. Originally, the HDMI (1.0) spec called for a capability of 165MHz bandwidth and a maximum bitrate of 4.9 Gbps, which is enough to stream 1080p video. The HDMI 1.3 spec increased bandwidth to 340MHz and the maximum bitrate to 10.2 Gbps, which is needed for a 3D signal because 3D requires almost twice as much data as a normal 2D signal.

So basically, if your cables are HDMI 1.3 or 1.4, you're fine. If they're an earlier revision, you may still be ok, if the cable significantly exceeds the specification (some do, sone don't). If you don't know and don't mind the potential delay, you could always try them and see what happens -- it's an all-or-nothing kind of deal, so if the cable isn't capable of carrying the signal, you simply won't see anything (and then you'll know you need new cables).

@Mikerocosms and arcane93

Thanks guys for the info i bought them on Monoprice.com but forgot when i bought them on can i look it up on Monoprice.com

lots of shipping and handling, [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$[/FONT]5.60 is the lowest owich... my local pawn america has lots of new in packaging cables (HDMI, Audio, ect) for similar prices with obviously no S&H.

Would definatly go mono for longer or computer type wires/cables, might hold my breath for a free shipping option heh.

I'm fortunate enough to live close by and needed to pick up my order first thing the next morning. The woman I talked to found it and set it aside so I could bypass the usual wait period. Products, prices, service: all good.

bread's done
Back