More cheap games @ Gamefly: Mass Effect $20, DMC4 $20, Stranglehold $10

mxpowar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
CheapyD Update:

All have free shipping.
GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are usually in excellent condition, and are guaranteed.

:360:Jericho $9.99
:360:Stranglehold $9.99
:360:The Darkness $12.99
:360:Blacksite: Area 51 $12.99
:360:Timeshift $14.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:360:Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom $14.99
:360:Assassin's Creed $17.99
:360:MOH: Airborne $17.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:360:Mass Effect $19.99
:360:Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:360:Burnout Paradise $19.99
:360:PGR 4 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:360:Simpsons Game $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:ps3:Lost: Via Domus $17.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:ps3:Assassin's Creed $17.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:Unreal Tournament III $17.99
:ps3:Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:ps3:The Club $19.99
:ps3:Jericho $19.99
:ps3:Lost Planet: Extreme Condition $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:MLK 2K8 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:Lair $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:GRAW 2 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:wii:Dewy's Adventure $14.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:wii:Manhunt 2 $14.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:wii:NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams $14.99
:wii:Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law $14.99
:wii:Victorious Boxers: Revolution $15.99
:wii:Soul Calibur Legends $15.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:wii:Newly available Wii games for sale.
:ps3:Newly available PS3 games for sale.
:360:Newly available Xbox 360 games for sale.

Original post... Thanks mxpowar!
Looks like Gamefly has lowered some prices on some games. Here's what I found that looked interesting:

PS3

Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=124905&t=0

The Club $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121750&t=0

Jericho $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125945&t=0

Lost: Via Domus $17.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=128530&t=0

Xbox 360

Mass Effect $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125040&t=0

Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125760&t=0

Stranglehold $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121915&t=0

The Orange Box $31.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125975&t=0

Jericho $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125940&t=0

The Darkness $12.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=124360&t=0

Blacksite: Area 51 $12.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=126165&t=0

There are other deals probably; this is just what I found. And before anyone asks, Gamefly discs are USUALLY in very good condition if not outright mint. They are used but they include the original case and manual which are ALWAYS mint condition. I just bought Lost for PS3 and I got FREE SHIPPING even though I'm not a member. I don't know which other games get free shipping so please post if you find out.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Got my DMC4 and Blacksite Area 51 and both came scratched to hell like Stranglehold did. The cases and manuals look great though. Blacksite is also cracked in the center ring. Both also have numerous chips around the outer edge of the disc's.

I am super disappointed since I read great things about Gamefly's used games. I can say that I will never purchase a used game from Gamefly. I'm not bashing GF but I usually never ever buy used games in the first place due to these reasons. Thanks for the deals though.[/QUOTE]

wow.. i have to say there has been only 1 time in all the time i have purchased used game (going on 10+ years) from a myrad of places that only ONE time i got a disc that was "unplayable" due to scratches.. and i promptly returned it.. (it was doom 3 collectors edition for the xbox a few years ago) from EB on my next trip to an EB I got my money back.. no problems.. I never have any issues with used games.. in fact I think people get ripped by buying NEW games.. ah well to each his own..

for me it doesn't matter if it comes with a pristine case/manual (honestly I try to get rid of as much packaging as possible.. i don't throw them away.. but i do put them in storage) the game is all i care about.

Just got my game today (Lost for PS3). Case and manual were mint but the game had some dirt on it. I just wiped it off and it was near mint. From some of the posts here, I guess it's a toss up on the condition you're going to get. Sorry if anyone feels they got a bad deal because of my post; I was just trying to give back to the CAG-mmunity. I have only ever ordered PS3 games from Gamefly so I guess that's why I've never had any problems *shrug*.

[quote name='urzishra14']in fact I think people get ripped by buying NEW games.. [/quote]

..and buying used ones at EB/Gamestop. $5 off is no bargain IMO.. at that price, may as well get it new.

(but generally im a HUGE proponent of used games.. just more in the blockbuster/flea market/indie shop price range[and now, gamefly])

FYI, Lair is back up for sale, it had been down for awhile. I set up an email alert since I'm a big Factor 5 fan, and was waiting for a price like this (I realize some random YMMV sales have had it cheaper).

I bought 3 games from this deal..

Stranglehold
Call of Juarez (didnt have free ship but was $14.99 and I enjoyed the demo)
Burnout Paradise

All 3 games the case and manual are great...All 3 games the discs look like someone used sandpaper on them.

Call of Juarez is the worst of the 3 it also has several chips in the edge of the disc. However all games loaded up fine and seem run fine so far.

Kind of disappointed cause I heard so many good things about GF's used game quality, but you get what you pay for.

I'm just happy they work, BUT I'm not sure I could ever trade these over Goozex when I'm done with them. I think I'd feel guilty sending out a game like that to someone regardless if they work or not. We'll see I guess.

Just got my copies of Burnout and Stranglehold.

The copies I received were in excellent condition. The cases and manuals were perfect and the disc's were in near mint condition. Much better than any used games purchased from gamestop.

Got Burnout today and it looks to be in really nice shape. I'm guessing KuF will be mint when it arrives later this week because I can't imagine there was much demand for it from GF.

my dmc4 for the 360 has about 8 chips around the edges and several scratches, but it works fine

kind of annoyed by the huge chips, but the game works fine (so far)

[quote name='panacean']my dmc4 for the 360 has about 8 chips around the edges and several scratches, but it works fine

kind of annoyed by the huge chips, but the game works fine (so far)[/quote]

Contact them...they'll exchange it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Contact them...they'll exchange it.[/quote]
They told me they don't exchange games. You have to send it back get refunded and reorder it. Stupid me couldn't get AC to play because I had to unplug the GH3 wireless receiver. Well when I figured it out they had already refunded me money and told me to return it. I emailed them and told them I would like to keep it and how I should pay them again for it. Still haven't heard back...

Do we really care what condition each person's game was in when it arrived? This whole thread has turned in to I got X in the mail in Y condition. Enough already.

I got my rental copy of DMC4 for the PS3 and decided to keep it for $20.something shipped. The disc was in terrific shape.

Now I'm just debating buying more... ugh.

Got my copy of Assassin's Creed for 360. Wasn't perfect had some scratches on it. Thought no biggie. Then I played it. I can't even get past the first memory. before the game can load the second memory, the game says the disc is unreadable. Tried 3 times, but still it stops at the same point in the game. Should I buy one of those disc cleaners or just cut my losses and return the game?

[quote name='Purkeynator']Do we really care what condition each person's game was in when it arrived? This whole thread has turned in to I got X in the mail in Y condition. Enough already.[/quote]

Haha, true :applause:

[quote name='Purkeynator']Do we really care what condition each person's game was in when it arrived? This whole thread has turned in to I got X in the mail in Y condition. Enough already.[/QUOTE]

See, I'm different, since I've never ordered from Gamefly (and yet I ordered 3 games) and I'm curious about other people's experience/product/etc.

But then again, I'm weird. lol

[quote name='ryoga79']See, I'm different, since I've never ordered from Gamefly (and yet I ordered 3 games) and I'm curious about other people's experience/product/etc.

But then again, I'm weird. lol[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. If I'm going to blindly buy a used game, I'd like to know in what condition I can expect it to arrive. Every user that posted that they got game X and it came in mint/excellent condition, really helped me decide to buy from Gamefly. The fact that more and more people continued to share their experience let me know it wasn't a fluke and chances are I'd get a game in great condition. It's valuable info and much appreciated.

[quote name='$CASH$']I'm with you. If I'm going to blindly buy a used game, I'd like to know in what condition I can expect it to arrive. Every user that posted that they got game X and it came in mint/excellent condition, really helped me decide to buy from Gamefly. The fact that more and more people continued to share their experience let me know it wasn't a fluke and chances are I'd get a game in great condition. It's valuable info and much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

See, I have a really good friend who orders from Gamefly all the time, so his past opinion, and the positive responses on here from fellow Cagers sealed the deal for me. So I like to hear the positive and negative of people who receive their orders. So far it's been alot better then Gamestop's "We will send you disc only and you will like it" back when Marvel vs Capcom 2 ps2 was $20 on the GS website about 3 or so years ago.

I placed my order for DMC4 & Mass Effect yesturday, sick deal IMO Thanks CAG :D

Does anyone know how long does it take for the order to arrive?

3 to 5 days after it ships out. I ordered mine on Wednesday, it shipped out on Thursday and I still haven't gotten it yet, most likely tomorrow. I hope my cd is in decent shape, I'm crossing my fingers.

Mine arrived on the same day, which I found odd because I ordered one Saturday at 3 am, and the other tuesday in the early morning. Both game work great, sometimes I get the "Insert game disc" screen, but after I take it out and put it in again it works. Hey, I saved $30, so I could care less. :lol:

Unreal 3 out of stock... right as I was deciding to purchase this over the 360 version due to user mods.

[quote name='smoger']..and buying used ones at EB/Gamestop. $5 off is no bargain IMO.. at that price, may as well get it new.[/quote]

The benefit of buying used at EB/Gamestop when you only save $5 is the ability to return the game for your money back within 7 days. I've bought, beat, and returned many games that way. Ends up being a free 7 day rental - thanks Gamestop!

I should get my copy of Mass Effect in the mail today or tomorrow, will report here with condition.

[quote name='ISHCM']Got my copy of Assassin's Creed for 360. Wasn't perfect had some scratches on it. Thought no biggie. Then I played it. I can't even get past the first memory. before the game can load the second memory, the game says the disc is unreadable. Tried 3 times, but still it stops at the same point in the game. Should I buy one of those disc cleaners or just cut my losses and return the game?[/quote]

I had this same issues with a copy of AC i got from Gamefly. The disc was in perfect shape and still i would get an "unreadable" error when i would try to load my save from a previous rental @ blockbuster. I never did get it to work so i sent it back and got a different game. Now i do the gamepass thing at blckbuster.

Thanks...I ordered Stranglehold for $8.99 (since I get 10% off for being a long time member)...it was shipped yesterday and maybe it'll be here by the end of the week.

Hopefully the condition is good, otherwise, I can just take it to my video store to get it buffed for $1.

Both of my games shipped on Thursday. One came in today, Burnout Paradise. Of course, case in mint condition with security markers still on it. I was bracing myself to see what it looked like inside and was pleasantly surprised.

A VERY small chip on the side of the disc is the only thing that I saw on the disc. Disc itself is in terriffic condition. Very happy with the way this one came to me.

Still expecting my copy of Stanglehold, though. Will probably come in tomorrow.

[quote name='DigitalE']I ordered Mass Effect on Monday, Gamefly said it shipped on Tuesday, and it's still not here.
3-5 days, wtf?[/quote]

More like 7. I bet you'll get your stuff tomorrow, I'm still waiting on a order I made two days prior to yours. I emailed them about that though.

[quote name='ISHCM']Got my copy of Assassin's Creed for 360. Wasn't perfect had some scratches on it. Thought no biggie. Then I played it. I can't even get past the first memory. before the game can load the second memory, the game says the disc is unreadable. Tried 3 times, but still it stops at the same point in the game. Should I buy one of those disc cleaners or just cut my losses and return the game?[/quote]

If you live near a Hastings, it is $2 to get a disc professionally rebuffed. They insert the disc into a huge machine that takes about 2 minutes to clean and buff. The result is amazing and the disc looks brand new. I have also heard in the past that GameCrazy and Hollywood Video have these machines as well for about the same price. It is definitely worth looking into, especially without having to deal with a refund.

got my third game yesterday(Stranglehold).. a little scratched up but nothing i havent seen before. sure it'll be fine.

and for those with disc read errors.. might be the 360 .. i got one last night on my brand new, 2 week old grand theft auto 4.. took it out and put it back in and it was fine. ..no idea (but probably not the case if you get it repeatedly)

[quote name='vanilla_shakin_it']Unreal Tournament is back instock and lair is out. Oh well, I think I'll wait until the magic sweet spot of 15 dollars for lair.[/quote]

Very nice about UT3, just picked it up. For 19 dollars and infinite possibilities for the user mods, this is going to be awesome.

[quote name='fatez']hmmm... some of the stuff seems to be going in and out of stock... i wonder if it's because people are hesitating.[/quote]

Its because they sell them in bunches. Remember, they are their used rental games. They lighten their stock a little at a time depending on the demand of renting that game.

On a sidenote.... my two DMC4's showed up today. Absolutely perfect condition in every way possible.

My Mass Effect came in. The case was chipped and cracked at the opening of the case, looks like it was penetrated by a knife, not too noticable though. The game has a few minor chips and scratches. I wasn't expecting anything less so good overall.

Thanks for the info. Just called my local Gamecrazy and they said they do offer rebuffing for about $2. Of course they tried to get me to join their game club so that all rebuffing is free for a year for $10. Sounds like a good deal, that is if I let my dog scratch up my games every few months. Will see what they can do for me.

[quote name='4tygames']If you live near a Hastings, it is $2 to get a disc professionally rebuffed. They insert the disc into a huge machine that takes about 2 minutes to clean and buff. The result is amazing and the disc looks brand new. I have also heard in the past that GameCrazy and Hollywood Video have these machines as well for about the same price. It is definitely worth looking into, especially without having to deal with a refund.[/quote]

Got my Mass Effect in today. Minor usage scratches on the disk, as well as some handling marks on the top, but the case/manual are in brand new condition. Can't wait for the "presents" to come in to see how they are, and to order from them again.

Just got my copy of Assassin's creed rebuffed at my local Gamecrazy. Can still see scratches at a certain angle, but the game now works fine.

Burnout Paradise arrived today. It was in great condition as most others report. The game is awesome, even though I dont think I can completely forgive them for scrapping crash mode. For 20 bucks it is a steal.

I go my Burnout Paradise today as well. The case and manual are of course perfect, but the game does look work. It is scratched too heavily, but there are at least a dozen chips taken out of it. That's not terribly surprising considering by the time it arrived (and probably most of the trip) the disc wasn't even on the spindle but was instead tossing around the case. But, it does work.

Got 3 of my 5 games today via Fedex. The Club PS3 (like new), Timeshift 360 (Very good), and Burnout Paradise 360 (good-very good). Do the games always come through Fedex? The reciept I got with it said my other games would sent seperate though.

if the games are out of stock, keep checking... they come in and out of stock through-out the day. assassin's creed for ps3 is back at the moment. :)

[quote name='VerbalKint']Got 3 of my 5 games today via Fedex. The Club PS3 (like new), Timeshift 360 (Very good), and Burnout Paradise 360 (good-very good). Do the games always come through Fedex? The reciept I got with it said my other games would sent seperate though.[/quote]

Mine come via USPS First Class Mail in a bubble mailer. I'm still awaiting my copy of Stanglehold, which was shipped out last Thursday. Either it got buried in somewhere or it was one of the other shipping centers that it's being shipped from.

bread's done
Back