More cheap games @ Gamefly: Mass Effect $20, DMC4 $20, Stranglehold $10

mxpowar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
CheapyD Update:

All have free shipping.
GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are usually in excellent condition, and are guaranteed.

:360:Jericho $9.99
:360:Stranglehold $9.99
:360:The Darkness $12.99
:360:Blacksite: Area 51 $12.99
:360:Timeshift $14.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:360:Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom $14.99
:360:Assassin's Creed $17.99
:360:MOH: Airborne $17.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:360:Mass Effect $19.99
:360:Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:360:Burnout Paradise $19.99
:360:PGR 4 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:360:Simpsons Game $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:ps3:Lost: Via Domus $17.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:ps3:Assassin's Creed $17.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:Unreal Tournament III $17.99
:ps3:Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:ps3:The Club $19.99
:ps3:Jericho $19.99
:ps3:Lost Planet: Extreme Condition $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:MLK 2K8 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:Lair $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:GRAW 2 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:wii:Dewy's Adventure $14.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:wii:Manhunt 2 $14.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:wii:NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams $14.99
:wii:Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law $14.99
:wii:Victorious Boxers: Revolution $15.99
:wii:Soul Calibur Legends $15.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:wii:Newly available Wii games for sale.
:ps3:Newly available PS3 games for sale.
:360:Newly available Xbox 360 games for sale.

Original post... Thanks mxpowar!
Looks like Gamefly has lowered some prices on some games. Here's what I found that looked interesting:

PS3

Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=124905&t=0

The Club $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121750&t=0

Jericho $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125945&t=0

Lost: Via Domus $17.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=128530&t=0

Xbox 360

Mass Effect $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125040&t=0

Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125760&t=0

Stranglehold $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121915&t=0

The Orange Box $31.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125975&t=0

Jericho $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125940&t=0

The Darkness $12.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=124360&t=0

Blacksite: Area 51 $12.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=126165&t=0

There are other deals probably; this is just what I found. And before anyone asks, Gamefly discs are USUALLY in very good condition if not outright mint. They are used but they include the original case and manual which are ALWAYS mint condition. I just bought Lost for PS3 and I got FREE SHIPPING even though I'm not a member. I don't know which other games get free shipping so please post if you find out.

[quote name='VerbalKint']Got 3 of my 5 games today via Fedex. The Club PS3 (like new), Timeshift 360 (Very good), and Burnout Paradise 360 (good-very good). Do the games always come through Fedex? The reciept I got with it said my other games would sent seperate though.[/quote]

Mine came through USPS. Maybe it's because you ordered a bunch at one time.

I got my Stranglehold a couple of days ago and it had so many scratches that my 360 couldn't read it. I used my disc doctor on it and now it plays fine but I expected it to come in at least playable condition.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']Assassin's Creed, Lair, Stuntman Ignition, Devil May Cry 4, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune are now back in-stock for PS3[/quote]Thanks for the heads up. I had been disappointed to find Assassin's Creed (PS3) out of stock earlier this morning. Ordered a copy.

Well I got my copy of Devil May Cry 4 (360) yesterday evening. Opened up the bubble mailer and the case was prestine as always... Opened up the case... No game.

They shipped me a fucking case with no game. :bomb:

I emailed them immeadiatly and still haven't gotten a response, I'm so bugged by this I think I might email them every 24 hours until I get the response I want. I think this would be the first time in my year with Gamefly that I have been seriously bothered and disappointed in them.

Anyone else get a case with no game or am I just the un-lucky one?

[quote name='SerenityKry']Well I got my copy of Devil May Cry 4 ...[/quote]

I'd say you are just somewhat unlucky. Jacked-up discs that are barely good enough to boot up go out sometimes, but a missing disc was probably the result of some employee forgetting to put a disc in the case before he sealed it up. I'm sure they won't have any trouble replacing it, especially if you have experience with them. I was a member for a couple months and they didn't get a game I had sent back (I had personally handed it to the mail carrier lady, so who knows what she did with it) and forgave it.

well I got my DMC4 360, and look like some old folks scrumped on it while on the pavement, and chipped to hell (10 all around the edges) I haven't tried to play it yet....

How long does it take for you to receive games? UT3 was shipped on Saturday for me and hasn't arrived yet (I live in Colorado). Anyways, you guys seem to receiving your games quickly so I'm wondering where my game is.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']How long does it take for you to receive games? UT3 was shipped on Saturday for me and hasn't arrived yet (I live in Colorado). Anyways, you guys seem to receiving your games quickly so I'm wondering where my game is.[/quote]
I live in Phoenix, AZ, the warehouse my games come from are in Los Angeles if I'm not entirely mistaken.

My CASE ( :bomb: ) was shipped on Friday the 20 and I received the CASE ( :bomb::bomb:) on Tuesday the 24th.

Gah, I'm so angry I didn't receive the game I bought with the friggun case. >.<

Since you're in Colorado you should probably be seeing the stuff you ordered by Friday at the latest.

Mine was shipped last Thursday and I got it on Tuesday, which was yesterday..so about 5 business days. Yours should come tomorrow or by Friday the latest. I'm still pondering if I should get Burnout: Paradise. That would be third game I ordered from GF within a week, I don't want to overdo it when I should really be focusing on my summer courses.

[quote name='SlowGraffiti']Mine was shipped last Thursday and I got it on Tuesday, which was yesterday..so about 5 business days. Yours should come tomorrow or by Friday the latest. I'm still pondering if I should get Burnout: Paradise. That would be third game I ordered from GF within a week, I don't want to overdo it when I should really be focusing on my summer courses.[/quote]

5 business days? that sounds like 2 business days to me... 3 IF you count tuesday, which i wouldn't

just sayin' ... :)

[quote name='kmartgamer']i hope i get my soon, i cant wait to play DMC4!!1[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was going to order that... but someone stole my credit card info from somewhere and tried to use it at Netflix and stuff. So I had to cancel my credit card and get a new one. So I have to wait.

Now I am waiting for these games to show up on the cheap from Gamefly....

Lego Indy (360)
Grid (360)
Ninja Gaiden 2 (360)
Boom Blox (Wii)
Battlefield Bad Company (360)

I received my disc (UT3), there was a light scratch on the game as well as a super small chip. I wasn't expecting this on a Blu-ray but it plays perfectly

I'm still trying to get any sign of an answer from Gamefly about my order. I get a case and manual but no game disc. I had emailed them Tuesday evening, still no reply and it is now Thursday afternoon. So I have sent them yet another email.

This situation is almost causing me to want to terminate my subscription with them after being with them for well over a year.

Asking anyone else who has had to contact them with an issue, how long did it take for them to contact you back??

[quote name='Phillyman']Now I am waiting for these games to show up on the cheap from Gamefly....

Lego Indy (360)
Grid (360)
Ninja Gaiden 2 (360)
Boom Blox (Wii)
Battlefield Bad Company (360)[/quote]

Yeah... considering those just came out.. you'll be waiting a while.

Mass Effect arrived today. The case is in pristine condition, but the disc is heavily scratched and has a few chips in the edge. Still works, though :)

[quote name='SerenityKry']I'm still trying to get any sign of an answer from Gamefly about my order. I get a case and manual but no game disc. I had emailed them Tuesday evening, still no reply and it is now Thursday afternoon. So I have sent them yet another email.

This situation is almost causing me to want to terminate my subscription with them after being with them for well over a year.

Asking anyone else who has had to contact them with an issue, how long did it take for them to contact you back??[/quote]

1 day.

[quote name='SerenityKry']I'm still trying to get any sign of an answer from Gamefly about my order. I get a case and manual but no game disc. I had emailed them Tuesday evening, still no reply and it is now Thursday afternoon. So I have sent them yet another email.

Asking anyone else who has had to contact them with an issue, how long did it take for them to contact you back??[/quote]

I had the same thing happen to me during their last sale. They never answered my e-mails, so I finally called them.

Phone: 888-986-6400

So I ordered DMC4 on the 17th, shipped on the 18th and I still haven't gotten it! If I don't get it tomorrow, I'm going to contact them.

I think I'll finally cave on Jericho at that price if/when that gets back in stock. I set up an alert so let's see what happens.

I don't know if anyone has said this or if it fits here, but you can get a good deal flipping these at the Gamerush store at Blockbuster. I didn't order the games to do it, I was just trading in UT3 and Assassin's Creed because I didn't play anymore. I paid 20 for UT3 and 17 for AC, UT traded in at 30 dollars and AC at 23. Just a heads up.

I'll post it here since no one is buying games at the bb/gr thread,
Sega Rally Revo (360) is 14.99 and
Bioshock (360) is 19.99 at Blockbuster.

I thought when I cleaned my copy of Stranglehold it was fine since it let me play through the first 2 levels but it is still unplayable and cannot read the third level. Hopefully it's easy to exchange and I get a copy that isn't completely covered in scratches.

[quote name='VerbalKint']Got 3 of my 5 games today via Fedex. The Club PS3 (like new), Timeshift 360 (Very good), and Burnout Paradise 360 (good-very good). Do the games always come through Fedex? The reciept I got with it said my other games would sent seperate though.[/quote]
Got my other two games today. These two were not sent by Fedex but regular Media Mail and Bubble Wrap Envelopes. UT3 is mint and DMC4 is very good (one small scratch. For those who are pondering a buy, my overall experience was excellent. I will surely buy from them again when the sales are up on some new games. Thanks OP, 5 new games to add to my 30+ backlog heh.

What are the chances that some of these will get any cheaper?
I am new to the next gen and CAG, so I havent had a chance to see how Gamefly and such behave and while these prices are good, cheaper would be even better.

In particular I am curious about DMC, Burnout and Lost Planet for PS3, but a general answer would be just as welcome.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']What are the chances that some of these will get any cheaper?
I am new to the next gen and CAG, so I havent had a chance to see how Gamefly and such behave and while these prices are good, cheaper would be even better.

In particular I am curious about DMC, Burnout and Lost Planet for PS3, but a general answer would be just as welcome.[/quote]

Most of these are selling out rather quickly but they are in and out of stock. I don't see them coming down much more in price do to the great sales. $20 seems to be a great price anyway so you maybe waiting a very long time before a drop below that occurs.

i got my DMC4 for 360 yesterday. perfect, literally PERFECT condition. well worth the $20 shipped price seeing as i was bout to use the $10 and $5 target coupons a few weeks back on it to pick it up new for $35. Glad i waited

received my copy of assassin's creed for the 360 yesterday. it had a crack starting from the bottom to the center of the disc. I didnt even need to look at the data side of the disc I could see the crack through the label. :cry:

Not to go on a tangent but why wasnt this thrown away? I could understand if it was damaged via shipping. But why actually ship this to any customer as a playable game? Its obviously broken.

As of now ~1pm Eastern, Most all 360 games in original sale are back in stock.
Jericho - 10
Blacksite 51 - 13
LOST - 20
Ace Combat 6 - 30

...to name a few that have been fluctuating in and out of stock lately. Free Shipping deal is over though, and shipping per game is LAME :???:

[quote name='funkflexmctough']As of now ~1pm Eastern, Most all 360 games in original sale are back in stock.
Jericho - 10
Blacksite 51 - 13
LOST - 20
Ace Combat 6 - 30

...to name a few that have been fluctuating in and out of stock lately. Free Shipping deal is over though, and shipping per game is LAME :???:[/quote]
NO!!!!!!!!! i was gonna order some more games, how much is shipping?

damnit. I was really hoping on getting stranglehold with the free ship deal. Lost Via Domus for the 360 is back in stock BTW.

[quote name='kmartgamer']NO!!!!!!!!! i was gonna order some more games, how much is shipping?[/quote]

Shipping (assuming you don't live in Hawaii) is $3.00 a game for me. Still not bad

they do it because they rented them for months and then sold them on the cheap. They are getting roughly $15 a month per customer for 1 game out at a time. For awhile I was doing about 4 games a month. Then GTA hit. I have had 2 games out from gamefly for about 2 1/2 months (taxes also held me up some) and they have gotten about $66 for those 2 games from me.

My Assassin's Creed came in almost perfect conditon, I'm pleased. Considered getting Burnout : Paradise but now that their's no shipping, I probably won't get it. Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed will hold me over for now but I've been aching for a Live game, I suppose I'll just save up towards Call of Duty 4 when it goes on sale somewhere rant rant rant

Got my Stranglehold today. A few chips around the sides of the disc and a few small scuffs. I'll pop it in here in a few and see what happens.

[quote name='creatia']I had the same thing happen to me during their last sale. They never answered my e-mails, so I finally called them.

Phone: 888-986-6400[/quote]
OOoooOoo! A phone number! Thank you much! ;)

It's Friday evening and still no friggun reply to the two emails I have sent them... I darn well better get a game disc and my money back! >.<

EDIT:
Well, called the number but surprise, surprise, phone support is only open Mon-Fri 9AM-1PM Pacific Time. /sigh

I'm going to email them at [email protected] and see if I can get some sort of answer. This is down right ridiculous.

bread's done
Back