Mortal Kombat Vita $10, Batman: AC GOTY $30, Batman: AA GOTY $10 Gamestop (Dead)

Donut2922

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Gamestop has on sale new copies of:

Mortal Kombat (Vita) $9.99
Batman: Arkham City GOTY (360/PS3) $29.99
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY (360/PS3) $9.99
Mortal Kombat Komplete (360/PS3) $19.99
Witcher 2 (360) $29.99
Lollipop Chainsaw (360/PS3) $39.99
Dirt Showdown (360/PS3) $39.99

Used prices are also all discounted accordingly.

The link to the final week of the Gamestock 2012 sale can be found here.

Walked into a GS here in Vegas and was looking at MK Vita when an employee gave me a heads up it was going to be on sale for $10 soon in case I was gonna buy it. I asked about any upcoming B2G1 for preowned games and he wasn't aware of one but said it's still possible since its usually a weekend type of promo instead of a weekly one.

Update courtesy of

Esalw - MK Komplete sale is live already.
Tatum - Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY $10

Last edited by a moderator:
Took the dive on MK Vita. Not an MK fan by any means... actually haven't touched the series since MKIII on SNES. But I'm desperate for something to play on my $250 paperweight.

I just came back from GS ten mins ago. Luckily they had a new SEALED copy of Batman: AC GOTY, but YMMV. I've shopped at GS before where they gave me an unsealed display box and just put CDs on there I also traded in Batman AA for Xbox 360 and was disappointed that it's only 2 dollars. At least it paid for tax :p

[quote name='inksoldier']I also traded in Batman AA for Xbox 360 and was disappointed that it's only 2 dollars. At least it paid for tax :p[/QUOTE]

:wall:

You're saying that you would never get at least $2 worth of gameplay out of it ever again?

For what it's worth, Arkham Asylum currently trades in for $7.50 (after the 50% bonus, before 10% bonus if you're a GCU member) at Best Buy.

[quote name='Scorch']:wall:

You're saying that you would never get at least $2 worth of gameplay out of it ever again?

For what it's worth, Arkham Asylum currently trades in for $7.50 (after the 50% bonus, before 10% bonus if you're a GCU member) at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming he just sold the case, not the game itself ;)

I'm seriously never going to play the game again. After sitting on my shelf, collecting dust for like two years, I just finished the game last week. It's not a knock on the game by any means, it's an awesome game, but I have so many to play on my backlog.

[quote name='rcerboss']And when you ask to see the disc and inserts before they hand it to you they act like you are the one being the ass.[/QUOTE]

I've had that happen to me a lot too. If I ever questioned the clerk about the validity of a new copy or let them know I was aware of their shenanigans because a friend of mine worked at GS for over 10 years, they'd either try to BS me or just flat out give me attitude.

I've had them respond things such as:

"What do you mean? If it doesn't say 'used', it is definitely new"
"Employees check out games? No way! Our manager doesn't let us do that"
"Oh, we gut ALL our new copies to avoid theft"
"That one has a different shrink wrap because the case was used for display purposes"
"What GS did your friend work at? That's definitely not allowed"
"Well, if you don't trust that it is new, you can get it elsewhere"
"That policy changed months ago, we can be fired for "rentals""

Will match at best buy but not sure I need any of these as they're all rebuys...feel like I'm itching just to spend credit.

[quote name='thegame85']Is there a paper ad in store I can take to BBY?[/QUOTE]

My BB looked it up online and gave it to me this morning. It's not on the flyer but unless the associate is an ass you should be good.

Traded in 3 used copies of mk vita and 2 used copies of NCAA at Best Buy for a total of abut $150. Total money I spent was $70 and the stores were right next to eachother. Im not really a flipper, but I should look into this business more. I can see why many people do it.

Got one MK Vita for store pick up, it says ready but why does their email make me nervous? "We will hold your game for up to 2 days." I hope they don't end up selling my copy haha. My FEB vita will be here tomorrow, would love to play this.

[quote name='KryllFood']I've had that happen to me a lot too. If I ever questioned the clerk about the validity of a new copy or let them know I was aware of their shenanigans because a friend of mine worked at GS for over 10 years, they'd either try to BS me or just flat out give me attitude.

I've had them respond things such as:

"What do you mean? If it doesn't say 'used', it is definitely new"
"Employees check out games? No way! Our manager doesn't let us do that"
"Oh, we gut ALL our new copies to avoid theft"
"That one has a different shrink wrap because the case was used for display purposes"
"What GS did your friend work at? That's definitely not allowed"
"Well, if you don't trust that it is new, you can get it elsewhere"
"That policy changed months ago, we can be fired for "rentals""[/QUOTE]

I work at Gamestop, and yes, some of their practices I do not like, but don't blame the employees. Every day I strive to change the view that people have towards Gamestop employees, not the company. Yes some employees don't know jack half of the time, but I tend to be the informed one, the one that has an answer to every question or at least looks for an answer for every question.

• Copies in my store are gutted if there is no gutted copy, we must have at least one copy of each game gutted to have it on display for the people.
  • NEW Gutted copies are stored in a disk sleeve with the online pass and original booklet, these are NOT checked out, company policy.
  • Only Used games can be checked out for 4 days. Some managers have game checkouts banned, it is up to the manager or district manager.
  • There are some new games that have more gutted copies than others, that is because they go on sale and we must put several copies of the same box outside to show off the sale and these are then reshrink wrapped but at still new copies.
  • We do NOT reseal used games into NEW. If we do get a return of a new game/accessory that was previously open and we make the exception of returning it, we mark it as new with a 10% off because the original packaging/box is missing.
Not taking you as an example or anything, just felt like I had to say that. ;)

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']I work at Gamestop, and yes, some of their practices I do not like, but don't blame the employees. Every day I strive to change the view that people have towards Gamestop employees, not the company. Yes some employees don't know jack half of the time, but I tend to be the informed one, the one that has an answer to every question or at least looks for an answer for every question.

• Copies in my store are gutted if there is no gutted copy, we must have at least one copy of each game gutted to have it on display for the people.
  • NEW Gutted copies are stored in a disk sleeve with the online pass and original booklet, these are NOT checked out, company policy.
  • Only Used games can be checked out for 4 days. Some managers have game checkouts banned, it is up to the manager or district manager.
  • There are some new games that have more gutted copies than others, that is because they go on sale and we must put several copies of the same box outside to show off the sale and these are then reshrink wrapped but at still new copies.
  • We do NOT reseal used games into NEW. If we do get a return of a new game/accessory that was previously open and we make the exception of returning it, we mark it as new with a 10% off because the original packaging/box is missing.
Not taking you as an example or anything, just felt like I had to say that. ;)[/QUOTE]

The former manager of my local GS has a policy of not renting out newly released used Games, I thought that was cool as he reprimanded an associate once and gave me an additional 10% off for having to wait an extra day to buy it.

I can't help but laugh at what I saw at the Howard Hughes Promenade GS, they have a vita charger sealed in a plastic bag with a new label on it...it just says open inventory formerly display model, still new. :lol:

I got lucky, I got mk vita and ps3 sealed from there though.

[quote name='Mafiacrooks']I work at Gamestop, and yes, some of their practices I do not like, but don't blame the employees. Every day I strive to change the view that people have towards Gamestop employees, not the company. Yes some employees don't know jack half of the time, but I tend to be the informed one, the one that has an answer to every question or at least looks for an answer for every question.

Not taking you as an example or anything, just felt like I had to say that. ;)[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the info. I knew different stores had different rules but what irked me about some of those points I mentioned is that a couple of those were at the store my friend worked at while he was off-duty. They tried to feed me lies about their policies that I knew first-hand were untrue.

I'm glad some GS-folk are trying to fix the image because some are d-bags to the extreme. I particularly like walking into GS just to browse and start talking games w/ cool employees. I don't "look" like a stereotypical gamer so they are usually surprised when we discuss in depth.

Bought Mortal Kombat Komplete for PS3 off Amazon. Been waiting for a good deal on this one for a long time! Tempted with Batman: AC GOTY, but already have the vanilla version. I'll just wait for a >$20 sale on that one down the line.

Thanks OP! :D

Scored a sealed copy of Mortal Kombat Vita which was promptly traded into Best Buy and with that credit, I PMed the price of Arkham Asylum GOTY and snagged me one of those.

Well just got back from BB, traded in my vanilla MK and then PM'd the Komplete Edition without any issues. Very happy, woo thanks OP! :D

[quote name='rcerboss']Both. Even when you order online and have it shipped, new doesn't really mean new to them :roll:. I've heard stories like Donut's above where they buy new just to recieve an unsealed game with some pack-ins missing. [/QUOTE]
You weren't kidding at all, holy crap dude lol. Since there's a Gamestop a few miles away from the BB, I went ahead to Gamestop first to go for my Pickup. Sure, no problem. They hooked me right away, the guy went to the drawer and pulled out a disk sleeve with Mortal Kombat & then a case with like three different price tag stickers on it.

At that moment I kinda chuckled a bit because I honestly didn't expect to see this on my first purchase in a Gamestop after like ... 5 years? Lol, anyways I told him if he had a sealed one.

Yup, they gave me that "Man this guy is a dick" look. So I figured I'd just head to BB and try to PM and lo' behold. No hassle at all, and a brand new Komplete Edition with none of that bullshit attached to it.

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Just finished picking up my copies of AA & AC GOTYs from BB. :D[/QUOTE]

were you able to get it pricematch from bb?

[quote name='YBX87']were you able to get it pricematch from bb?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I called CS earlier this morning and did a pricemath for store pick up.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Im not really a flipper, but I should look into this business more. I can see why many people do it.[/QUOTE]

By all means, go right ahead. Just be warned if you decide to post about how you cleared out the shelves at your local stores to resell them for a small profit, "you're gonna have a bad time [here]."

I got Batman AA GOTY PM'd at BB after some hassle. A worker atually told me that they cant PM it bc BB had that sale last week and actually will have something next week. WTF? That didnt even make sense. The guy was clearly talking out of his ass.

PM'ed Batman AA, Batman AC, and MK:KE at Best Buy with zero problems. Traded in some things and it covered the cost. Fantastic deal.

Thanks again OP, picked up some early X-mas gifts so I don't have to deal with the hordes and whores on Black Friday.

Picked mine up. I got a sealed copy, but after opening it I found there was nothing to gut anyways. Sigh, I miss booklets.

I bought my copy of AC at GS today and it still shink wrapped...If I return it now will I get full refund? I haven't touch anything yet.
the reason I'm asking is cuz sometime GS let u return but give you store credits instead so i don't like that :(
btw i paid in cash.

Is anybody trying to get used copies of MK to flip? You know, the used one is $1 cheaper, and you aren't wasting new copies.

[quote name='Kai984']I bought my copy of AC at GS today and it still shink wrapped...If I return it now will I get full refund? I haven't touch anything yet.
the reason I'm asking is cuz sometime GS let u return but give you store credits instead so i don't like that :(
btw i paid in cash.[/QUOTE]
Do you have the receipt? If so, they have to give it to you however you paid for it. So yeah, cash.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Do you have the receipt? If so, they have to give it to you however you paid for it. So yeah, cash.[/QUOTE]

Ya! I still have the receipt, thanks a lot!
btw, can somebody get Amazon to price match Batman AA too?

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Yeah I called CS earlier this morning and did a pricemath for store pick up.[/QUOTE]

that is good to hear

[quote name='Kai984']Ya! I still have the receipt, thanks a lot!
btw, can somebody get Amazon to price match Batman AA too?[/QUOTE]

you can't get amazon to pricematch, LOl

[quote name='spydey']Picked mine up. I got a sealed copy, but after opening it I found there was nothing to gut anyways. Sigh, I miss booklets.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about MK Vita? If so, it's my understanding that none of the Vita games will have booklets. They all have theirs digitally on the game. I normally don't like digital booklets, but I think they work very well with the Vita since it's touch screen.

Picked up a used but complete Batman AA GOTY for $8.09 and NCAA 13 for $20.24. NCAA went to Best Buy across the street for $43.20 credit and FINALLY going to try Batman. Thanks OP

[quote name='$hady']Picked up a used but complete Batman AA GOTY for $8.09 and NCAA 13 for $20.24. NCAA went to Best Buy across the street for $43.20 credit and FINALLY going to try Batman. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]
Wait..NCAA trade in is $43.20 ?

[quote name='Kai984']Wait..NCAA trade in is $43.20 ?[/QUOTE]$27 base + $13.50 (50% extra credit promotion going on now) + $2.70 (10% bonus for being a GCU member) = $43.20

bread's done
Back