Mortal Kombat Vita $10, Batman: AC GOTY $30, Batman: AA GOTY $10 Gamestop (Dead)

Donut2922

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Gamestop has on sale new copies of:

Mortal Kombat (Vita) $9.99
Batman: Arkham City GOTY (360/PS3) $29.99
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY (360/PS3) $9.99
Mortal Kombat Komplete (360/PS3) $19.99
Witcher 2 (360) $29.99
Lollipop Chainsaw (360/PS3) $39.99
Dirt Showdown (360/PS3) $39.99

Used prices are also all discounted accordingly.

The link to the final week of the Gamestock 2012 sale can be found here.

Walked into a GS here in Vegas and was looking at MK Vita when an employee gave me a heads up it was going to be on sale for $10 soon in case I was gonna buy it. I asked about any upcoming B2G1 for preowned games and he wasn't aware of one but said it's still possible since its usually a weekend type of promo instead of a weekly one.

Update courtesy of

Esalw - MK Komplete sale is live already.
Tatum - Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY $10

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='$hady']Picked up a used but complete Batman AA GOTY for $8.09 and NCAA 13 for $20.24. NCAA went to Best Buy across the street for $43.20 credit and FINALLY going to try Batman. Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah.:drool: That $40(mostly GS credit) into $80+ was fun!:applause:

Damn, was considering Virtua Tennis 4 or Ridge Racer for Vita for that price, but no copies in 50 miles. Same for Mario Tennis 3D

Might get Mario Kart 7 though.....thats probably the cheapest that game will be for a while

[quote name='CAGkrazy']man, wish my store has used NCAA 13. that would have been epic. hehe![/QUOTE]

What idiot trades NCAA 13 in a few days after release?

[quote name='CaoPi']let's get amazon to price match Batman AA for $10 everyone!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Amazon.com-logo1-300x300.jpg

fanboy-anatomy.jpg

Got a copy of NCAA 13 but cant trade to BB till the weekend. Hopefully the TIV holds.

And Witcher 2 at $30....SOMEBODY TALK ME OUT OF BUYING THIS!!!!

[quote name='CaoPi']let's get amazon to price match Batman AA for $10 everyone!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
You mean you missed the @Gamer coupon that made GOTY edition copies of the game $5 a few months ago?:shame:
[quote name='oasisboy']What idiot trades NCAA 13 in a few days after release?[/QUOTE]
The kind of person who wants to at least get 3/4's of their purchase price back(albeit at BB) by trading it in right now. That's who. Even with the current $30 guaranteed promo at GS they're losing out on almost $15 worth of value by trading there.
[quote name='oasisboy']
gamestop.logo.jpg

fanboy-anatomy.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Fixed.;)

[quote name='GamerDude316']Got a copy of NCAA 13 but cant trade to BB till the weekend. Hopefully the TIV holds.

And Witcher 2 at $30....SOMEBODY TALK ME OUT OF BUYING THIS!!!![/QUOTE]
literally the worst combat system of any rpg of all time.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Damn, was considering Virtua Tennis 4 or Ridge Racer for Vita for that price, but no copies in 50 miles. Same for Mario Tennis 3D

Might get Mario Kart 7 though.....thats probably the cheapest that game will be for a while[/QUOTE]I forgot about MK7; I might have to try and get that for 50% off tomorrow.

I wonder, though, whether I'd get much enjoyment out of it if I played just the single-player stuff; the same goes for Mario Tennis Open, which I'm less inclined to find. :whistle2:k

i bought, mortal kombat (vita) (used) for $8, mlb the show (vita) (used) for $11, and
tiger woods 11 (ps3) (used) for $9.
that is with the 10% off with my PUR card.
all of the used sports games are 50% off, thats why they were so cheap.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean you missed the @Gamer coupon that made GOTY edition copies of the game $5 a few months ago?:shame:

The kind of person who wants to at least get 3/4's of their purchase price back(albeit at BB) by trading it in right now. That's who. Even with the current $30 guaranteed promo at GS they're losing out on almost $15 worth of value by trading there.

Fixed.;)[/QUOTE]

As far as the "idiot" who trades it in fast...don't forget that most who preordered at BB are already getting 30 bucks BB credit back(20 from Reward Zone promo and 10 from in-store pick up). They trade in at GS for another 30 credit to get their money back in 30/30 credit at the 2 stores(and by trading in at GS they avoid the possible ban hammer by buying then flipping at BB). Now if at any point in the next 30 days(60 for Silver members) it goes on sale, they call up BB.com to get a price adjustment , coming out ahead. And finally, to make OasisBoy happy, they go back to GS with the 30 credit to buy back their game at $22.50(making sure they kept the online pass when they traded in so they still have it). Bottom line, they bought the game at release for 60 and got 37.50 credit back(hoping it goes on sale in 60 days for 40 say, then they paid 40 and got back 37.50 credit). Not even counting the PUR points they earned here....just sayin' cuz he asked:D Wish I liked college football lol

Ordered Batman AC GOTY for 360, What's all this about them sending "New" copies that have been opened???

[quote name='Tricky']I bought mortal kombat (vita) this afternoon. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

You're welcome guys! Glad I can help. This site has saved me tons so it's always nice to be able to return the favor when possible :)

[quote name='taylort3']literally the worst combat system of any rpg of all time.[/QUOTE]

That fight system was ok...you just probably sucked at it big time...i enjoyed the whole game...the witcher 2 is awesome.

BB CS tried to tell me bestbuy.com doesn't PM other retailers, only bestbuy.com. Knowing this guy was full of crap, I called back later and got a PM on Batman: AC GOTY and NCAA 13. BB CS is so spotty... I'm confident half of us CAGs know more about their policies than they do.

I didn't want to create a different thread for this, but I noticed today that new copies of Crush 3D have dropped to $14.99 at Gamestop. I was going to wait until it hit $9.99 or so, but I wanted to make sure that I got a sealed copy instead of a gutted one.

Traded in the vanilla MK for $22 after Unlocked bonuses at Best Buy and had them price match GameStop for $20. Ended with 50 cents in credit afterwards.

Ok it was busy evening. I found some stuff to keep and some stuff to trade back to Best Buy. Used my B2G1 free I got for joining PUR also.

Kept:
Binary Domain $21.80 after B2G1
MLB The Show 11 $8.99
Batman:AC GOTY $29.99
Mortal Kombat Komplete $19.99
Total: $80.77

Traded:
I won't go into details but I bought $179.09 worth of various games with my credit and traded them to Best Buy for $328.

[quote name='Donut2922']Gamestop has on sale new copies of:

Mortal Kombat (Vita) $9.99
Mortal Kombat Komplete (360) $19.99

Walked into a GS here in Vegas and was looking at MK Vita when an employee gave me a heads up it was going to be on sale for $10 soon in case I was gonna buy it. I asked about any upcoming B2G1 for preowned games and he wasn't aware of one but said it's still possible since its usually a weekend type of promo instead of a weekly one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP and unknown Gamestop employee in Vegas....Guess everything that happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Sucks for those who were waiting for the 50% to trade in Batman:AC.[/QUOTE]
Why, did they lower the trade in value? Is it no longer $15? If they did I'm sending it to Amazon so no skin off my nose, but that's just one more reason to avoid shopping there whenever possible.

[quote name='rcerboss']Why, did they lower the trade in value? Is it no longer $15? If they did I'm sending it to Amazon so no skin off my nose, but that's just one more reason to avoid shopping there whenever possible.[/QUOTE]

It dropped to $10 + 30% towards a used title for $13.

[quote name='king9x']It dropped to $10 + 30% towards a used title for $13.[/QUOTE]
Why am I not surprised? :roll:
Amazon is still offering $20 for PS3 copies of the game.

[quote name='hlb96']So the 50% off used sports titles is automatic at the store? Is there anything special that has to be done?[/QUOTE]

As of yesturday 7:00 pm no, its was not automatic in VA and MD. There was an email for them to do an override. None of the employees the MD stores read/got the memo so I did not know about it either and just left without the game, but 1 guy in the a VA store did. :applause: Dunno about today though.

Batman and MK rings up fine though.

Also, Batman AA - Amazon TIV is at 8.10, Used Batman AA Goty is 8.99. Is the original black label Batman AA worth anything or should I trade it in and get the GOTY?

[quote name='rcerboss']Why, did they lower the trade in value? Is it no longer $15? If they did I'm sending it to Amazon so no skin off my nose, but that's just one more reason to avoid shopping there whenever possible.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='king9x']It dropped to $10 + 30% towards a used title for $13.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to convince a few to trade it in before these sales.

I'm not in the 'GS values won't tank because of a sale' group, so I took mine in.

I got AC vanilla edition last year for $30 with a Black Friday sale (I think?), so definitely trading it in and getting the GOTY edition from them.

How long will this sale last on Amazon, anyone know?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

1. The kind of person who wants to at least get 3/4's of their purchase price back(albeit at BB) by trading it in right now. That's who. Even with the current $30 guaranteed promo at GS they're losing out on almost $15 worth of value by trading there.

2. Fixed.;)[/QUOTE]

1. Why would you buy something and then within a few days try to get 3/4 of your purchase price back? That doesn't make any sense. If anything sell the game on ebay.

2. I am a GameStop loyalist since I used to work there while getting my Master's Degree. If you have been following my posts you will see that I have said this multiple times. Now the Amazon fanboys on the other hand ALWAYS have to post on every brick and mortar deal (not just GameStop) the famous words: "Can we get Amazon to price match this?". It has become the norm on every goddam B&M deal. Seriously.

[quote name='209chromatic']Amazon really wants GS to go out of business. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Let's cut to the chase. The reason why Amazon is so popular here is TAXES. Yes, there is the convenience part (for some) but let's not kid ourselves, the main reason amazon gets so much love is the fact they don't charge taxes in most states. That will change soon.

"But this year, Amazon switched teams, joining Walmart on the pro-tax side -- not out of some newfound concern for "marketplace fairness," but because Amazon's business model is changing in such a way that now Amazon stands to benefit from this tax."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/carne...-in-push-for-online-sales-tax/article/2503738

[quote name='Dund3r']BB CS tried to tell me bestbuy.com doesn't PM other retailers, only bestbuy.com. Knowing this guy was full of crap, I called back later and got a PM on Batman: AC GOTY and NCAA 13. BB CS is so spotty... I'm confident half of us CAGs know more about their policies than they do.[/QUOTE]
ICA, that same thing happened to me yesterday morning right before I called back and got a nice lady on the phone to PM AA and AC for me. The first women I talked to said with attitude that BB isn't allowed to PM over the phone and that I would have to do it in store and that it would be easier that way, which I of course I knew wasn't true. She even started talking about the B2G1 that happened weeks ago, which had nothing to do with what I was trying get done.

[quote name='oasisboy']
Let's cut to the chase. The reason why Amazon is so popular here is TAXES. Yes, there is the convenience part (for some) but let's not kid ourselves, the main reason amazon gets so much love is the fact they don't charge taxes in most states. That will change soon.
[/QUOTE]

This right here, they have excellent customer service. But besides that, I never cared much about Prime.. So the incentive for me was the tax-free purchases, now since they've started charging in Texas I'm pretty sure my purchase history on Amazon is going to get MUCH shorter since I can just buy it at a B&M and earn rewards while I'm at it. Besides, Amazon deals have been sucking lately.

Grabbed the last copy of MK used for Vita here, this Gamestock deal set has to be the best thing gamestop has done in ages (Especially the 5$ TIV bumps)

So I dont have to read through all the fluff, Mortal Kombat Komplete and Arkham City GOTY PS3 are both $30 each? How do I get another store to price match?

[quote name='eXiON']This right here, they have excellent customer service. But besides that, I never cared much about Prime.. So the incentive for me was the tax-free purchases, now since they've started charging in Texas I'm pretty sure my purchase history on Amazon is going to get MUCH shorter since I can just buy it at a B&M and earn rewards while I'm at it. Besides, Amazon deals have been sucking lately.[/QUOTE]

Actually many people hope amazon pm because they have credits there to use. They arent actual fan boys but it seems Oasis put them all in the same category

[quote name='CAGkrazy']got myself MK vita... even though i dont own a vita yet... th $10 price is a steal. Hehe[/QUOTE]

Fixed. I got 1 without owning a Vita, yet, too!

bread's done
Back