Most Memorable CAG Villain 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Graff^']
pepsi_man_alt.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm saying this just because that pic is great

[quote name='ApathyAndFlow']OH SNAP!

I vote for IATCG... I'm sure he's still out there somewhere, watching over us :)[/QUOTE]

He's troll CAG deserves, not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our troll. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A True Cheapass.

IATCG wan't really a villain. He actually contributed to the site & helped a lot of members.

Pepsi on the other hand is a complete jackass. The guy must have made 20 different screen names. A few were quite clever. He is so incredibly annoying. He gets my vote.

[quote name='kerouac kid']
Pepsi on the other hand is a complete jackass. The guy must have made 20 different screen names. A few were quite clever. He is so incredibly annoying. He gets my vote.[/QUOTE]

If you look pepsiman's work as performance art (and you realize he's autistic), it's not that bad. Needler420, otoh, has no excuse for being what he is, and therefore gets my vote.

Cheapy will win in a landslide though. I wonder if he gets banned. ;)

We need to reincarnate fire_thief...now THERE was a trully obnoxious imbecile. Although pepsiman may come close in those regards. Hell, pepsiman and fire_thief may have been one in the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember running into any except for IAmTheCheapestGamer but he wasn't really "villain"-y. I vote for Pepsiman cause wasn't there a japanese game about you playing as him?

don't recall encountering Pepsiman. needler I saw a few times with those gibberish blogs, was he banned? No idea why IATCG was banned. He was annoying at times but did contribute and help others.

so I'll vote cheapy if simply for the fact that his pretentious-Apple-loving-lazyass comments on the cagcast seem to piss off us lesser mortals.

I nominate CheapyD for his increasingly un-CAG-like attitude of "eh, whatever, I buy my games new, so who cares what they do to used copies?"

[quote name='kerouac kid']IATCG wan't really a villain. He actually contributed to the site & helped a lot of members.

Pepsi on the other hand is a complete jackass. The guy must have made 20 different screen names. A few were quite clever. He is so incredibly annoying. He gets my vote.[/QUOTE]

Totally 100% agree.

I nominated myself but second and a "real" vote would be pepsiman.

People like confoosious don't comprehend the difference in the two behavioral type posters.

IATCG was always trying to give his opinion on video games and the like. It just happens that he disagrees with many people. The guy had like 99 trades and was constantly doing things on the site that did contribute and benefit other members. I remember he was maintaining a few threads on his own at one point. His ban was a he says she says BS drama event that probably trickled down from having problems with senior members.

People like pepsiman have intentions of being disruptive and causing chaos on the site. Never contributed anything and probably never would have.

To me there is a HUGE difference between those two people. It's almost like you say you really can't even consider IATCG a villain unless you just consider anyone that gets banned to be a villain.

[quote name='needler420']
IATCG was always trying to give his opinion on video games and the like. It just happens that he disagrees with many people. The guy had like 99 trades and was constantly doing things on the site that did contribute and benefit other members. [/QUOTE]

You mean like send letters to publishers of game guides ratting out Best Buy for selling penny guides because he himself couldn't get any?

Great contribution.

[quote name='confoosious']You mean like send letters to publishers of game guides ratting out Best Buy for selling penny guides because he himself couldn't get any?

Great contribution.[/QUOTE]

That isn't at all dishonest. That is you being greedy wanting to take advantage of a policy that is prohibited. Along with him as well as he was trying to be spiteful.

All he did was make the publishers aware of a contract between them that was being broke. That is 100% legit.

That's no different then reporting someone on here when they break the rules. You have a greedy entitlement mentality is the problem.

Completely agree. I never understood why people disliked @IATCG so much. I had a disagreement or two with him, but he wasn't a disruptive member. I miss his candor, actually. Oh well.

[quote name='needler420']That isn't at all dishonest. That is you being greedy wanting to take advantage of a policy that is prohibited. Along with him as well as he was trying to be spiteful.

All he did was make the publishers aware of a contract between them that was being broke. That is 100% legit.

That's no different then reporting someone on here when they break the rules. You have a greedy entitlement mentality is the problem.[/QUOTE]

You've got to be trolling if you think IATCG (or anyone) alerting the publishers to spite others (And affecting CAGs specifically) is "100% legit." How, exactly, is that a contribution to the site and the members?

[quote name='confoosious']You've got to be trolling if you think IATCG (or anyone) alerting the publishers to spite others (And affecting CAGs specifically) is "100% legit." How, exactly, is that a contribution to the site and the members?[/QUOTE]

IATCG was spiteful against the community no doubt but it's 100% legit.

He told a company about another company that was breaking their policy and brought it to their attention. That's legit in my book. Spiteful though.

If he wasn't trying to be spiteful as I'm sure he probably was it would actually be a very honest deed.

[quote name='confoosious']You mean like send letters to publishers of game guides ratting out Best Buy for selling penny guides because he himself couldn't get any?

Great contribution.[/QUOTE]

Well. I know who I'm voting for then.

Pepsiman was just comedy gold and I don't even know what the 420 guy did.

IATCG was always trying to give his opinion on video games and the like. It just happens that he disagrees with many people. The guy had like 99 trades and was constantly doing things on the site that did contribute and benefit other members.
It wasn't a matter of having disagreeable opinions, so much as just HAVING an opinion. For everything. He couldn't resist telling people what he thought of this or that, even though we had heard it a million times before... it constantly derailed threads. Did you know he liked GTAIV? I think most of his "villiany" comes from just annoying the crap out of people.

He did act like a jerk too, especially towards the end when he started challenging the mods and such but I always thought it was forced... he was more of a wanna-be villain to me.

I get a kick out of IATCG every time i see one of his story post, since there is no anecdotal award of entertainment, I think he'd revel in this.

lol i didn't know who to vote for but after reading the back and forth the past few pages i think im voting for needler =P

No one ever answered btw, why did Iamthecheapest get banned? What did he actually do?

[quote name='georox']I vote slidecage... he's more of a 1960s Batman villain than a real villain, but damn is it annoying to see any threads started by him or replies from him.. the first instinct is to go "Oh great..." and grit your teeth.[/QUOTE]

Quoted for being the perfect description :)

"Like, yeah, you're a 'villian', but you're not really to be taken seriously."

I'm thinking the Penguin.

[quote name='kerouac kid']IATCG wan't really a villain. He actually contributed to the site & helped a lot of members.

Of course he was a villain, as he was a huge troll that derailed a ton of threads in the PS3 with his dumb opinions that you'd hear over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. I'll throw in a few examples.

This is the old PS3 Firmware Update thread and this is a typical Cheapest post in there, which is one of 200 in there that basically says the same thing over and over again. Every time there was an update and the thread was bumped, he came along to reiterate his disdain for the update because he only had one feature that he wanted and it was never added. It was so bad that the OP made a new thread to try to get rid of his whining, but he had over four times as many posts in that thread as anybody else. At least it's now more for a quiet thread for productive discussions.

For ages, he claimed that HD didn't add anything to games before he finally got an HD monitor and renounced that part of his trolling with this blog post. And here's him admitting that his rants about that was stupid.

This is from the God of War 3 official thread. He cancels his first pre-order. He made this huge rant about how the game and CE wasn't worth it. He pre-orders in anyway. He says it's not worth $60 and wants to cancel the pre-order. He complains about a potential GS trade-in deal to get it for cheaper; Says he'll cancel pre-order and wait for a clearance. Here's a big rant from him about having the patience to wait for it to drop in price, but he cancelled the pre-order at some point without letting us know. He apparently doesn't hate everything, so there's some good news. Actually, he would take part in that GS trade-in deal if he didn't already trade in a bunch of games for a previous deal. He pre-orders it again because he had a crush on the girl cashier and plans on cancelling it already. He might keep the pre-order to flip on Craigslist or he might cancel it and use the credit on another game. He's going to cancel his pre-order and buy it again during a B2G1 sale that may happen soon. He's fully paid off his pre-order, which he's said before wasn't worth $60 and that he was going to cancel it so many times because he has the patience to wait for it to get cheaper. Criticizes others for buying games at launch and says he'd rather get three games in a B2G1 sale than get the game at full price at launch. He's still waiting on news of that B2G1 sale so he can cancel this fully paid off pre-order. He goes on a rant about how it should've been on PS3 and rants about what it would take for him to stick with this generation. He says he'd have gotten an Xbox 360 if the hardware were better made. Rants more about that topic. Agrees to disagree. He got his call from Ashley from GameStop and he's determined to cancel it since the game isn't worth $60. He's still holding out for that B2G1 sale. After weeks of complaining about it not being worth the money and that he was definitely going to cancel it, he picks up the pre-order. He may not play it anyway. He's playing it and he's not liking it. This is over the course of about two months in one thread.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the pattern of an attention-seeking troll. I'm sure he's had some positive moments in other parts of the community, but these are textbook examples of why he's an infamous troll on CAG that has annoyed many of us over the years with his hot air. He loves to claim offense over things that he eventually does anyway just to be able to complain and annoy everybody. He lightened up a bit leading up to his ban, but he was always in the PSN Weekly Deals thread talking about putting $50 of PSN credit on his account waiting for the right moment when games were cheap enough for him to buy. The hook? That never happened. Some say he still has the $50 on his PSN account and is still waiting for the games to get cheap enough. I say it'll never happen.

Don't look only at his recent past or only his actions in the trading and deals forum, but look at his full post history to see that he's a lifelong troll that has been a never ending thorn in our sides and we should celebrate this tragic career of trolling.

[quote name='Indignate']Why did you show me this?

I believe the true villain is in fact FriskyTanuki.[/QUOTE]

lol...

I guess I never frequented the threads FriskyTanuki did, I never had a problem with the guy, I try and keep up with him but I don't really post on other forums. I know some of you guys never just hated him but I found the stupid arguments (like most around here) entertaining.

I have to tip my hat out to you FriskyTanuki, I don't know if I would have had the patience to show my dislike towards one person like that. I've gotten close but you have me far beat.

[quote name='skiizim']lol...

I guess I never frequented the threads FriskyTanuki did, I never had a problem with the guy, I try and keep up with him but I don't really post on other forums. I know some of you guys never just hated him but I found the stupid arguments (like most around here) entertaining.

I have to tip my hat out to you FriskyTanuki, I don't know if I would have had the patience to show my dislike towards one person like that. I've gotten close but you have me far beat.[/QUOTE]
I'm just showing the nuisance that he was in the PS3 forum and why he's the most memorable villain of this bunch despite some people maybe only seeing one side of him. There's a reason why he had the reputation that he did.

I posted the paragraph about the God of War 3 thread because it's a perfect exactly of his ability to say the same things over and over again with a perfect ending to months of whining.

Frisky takes everything literally, even things that are obviously sarcasm. Yet he always acts like he has no emotions. I always wonder if he falls on the autism spectrum.

As for IATCG, I didn't mind him that much until the penny guide incident.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm just showing the nuisance that he was in the PS3 forum and why he's the most memorable villain of this bunch despite some people maybe only seeing one side of him. There's a reason why he had the reputation that he did.

I posted the paragraph about the God of War 3 thread because it's a perfect exactly of his ability to say the same things over and over again with a perfect ending to months of whining.[/QUOTE]

You realize every bad thing you named that he did is exactly what the ignore feature was probably for?

That was IATCG problem. His haters don't know how to use their ignore button and would rather refute with him instead.

A couple of people are like that with me now. They were told from numerous people on numerous communities to put me on ignore but would rather refute my opinions and get into arguments with me instead. To that I say I wasn't going to put them on ignore either.

[quote name='The Crotch']What the everloving fuck just happened here?[/QUOTE]

:rofl: HAHAHAHA! That shit is random as hell. Oh god, I can't stop laughing. LMAO!!! Ahh, man. Good stuff.

Damn, @Frisky, I didn't know you disliked him that much. You realize that is like an anthology of shit?!? LMFAO!!!! You are an enigma, man. As I always say, I can never tell if you're serious about the stuff you write, but I guess it doesn't matter since you're so much of pillar around here.

[quote name='needler420']You realize every bad thing you named that he did is exactly what the ignore feature was probably for?

That was IATCG problem. His haters don't know how to use their ignore button and would rather refute with him instead.

A couple of people are like that with me now. They were told from numerous people on numerous communities to put me on ignore but would rather refute my opinions and get into arguments with me instead. To that I say I wasn't going to put them on ignore either.[/QUOTE]

"Haters" would rather trolls not exist. The term "haters" is pure troll crap. People who toss around that word or the term "haters gonna hate" generally aren't creative or intelligent enough to defend themselves and their opinions.

I've always felt that the best solution is to silence the troll so that it's not everyone else's job to ignore them.

Holy shit! Remind me never to get on Frisky's shit list. That post should be inducted into the CAG hall of fame.

I can't believe he went on that rant without mentioning that IATCG used more emoticons per post than the average teenage girl.

[quote name='needler420']You realize every bad thing you named that he did is exactly what the ignore feature was probably for?

A couple of people are like that with me now. They were told from numerous people on numerous communities to put me on ignore but would rather refute my opinions and get into arguments with me instead. To that I say I wasn't going to put them on ignore either.[/QUOTE]
You realize that the entire idea of this award is for people that are disliked by a large amount of people on this site, right? He nearly got banned outright for the shit he was doing, but the mods gave him a second chance to tone it down until he recently got the full boot.

Cheapest was on my ignore list, but he stirred up so much shit that everything got quoted anyway. That's the big flaw of the ignore list since those you put on it for a reason get quoted a bunch and break. So you don't need to patronize me about that like I don't know how to use the ignore list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back