Most Memorable CAG Villain 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You realize that the entire idea of this award is for people that are disliked by a large amount of people on this site, right? He nearly got banned outright for the shit he was doing, but the mods gave him a second chance to tone it down until he recently got the full boot.

Cheapest was on my ignore list, but he stirred up so much shit that everything got quoted anyway. That's the big flaw of the ignore list since those you put on it for a reason get quoted a bunch and break. So you don't need to patronize me about that like I don't know how to use the ignore list.[/QUOTE]

Frisk, isn't this award for the "Most Memorable CAG Villain 2012"? I believe 2012 is the key term. I'd very much appreciate a similar post from you, but could you replace the links from 2010 w/ links from 2012? An update would be most entertaining.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You realize that the entire idea of this award is for people that are disliked by a large amount of people on this site, right? He nearly got banned outright for the shit he was doing, but the mods gave him a second chance to tone it down until he recently got the full boot.

Cheapest was on my ignore list, but he stirred up so much shit that everything got quoted anyway. That's the big flaw of the ignore list since those you put on it for a reason get quoted a bunch and break. So you don't need to patronize me about that like I don't know how to use the ignore list.[/QUOTE]

Hey, he is trying to make his push for the award

[quote name='kerouac kid']Frisk, isn't this award for the "Most Memorable CAG Villain 2012"? I believe 2012 is the key term. I'd very much appreciate a similar post from you, but could you replace the links from 2010 w/ links from 2012? An update would be most entertaining.[/QUOTE]
This award has been given as a lifetime achievement in trolling award before to people like JimmieMac who had cooled off the year he won after years of worthy efforts, so that's the sort of campaign the Cheapest train is on.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This award has been given as a lifetime achievement in trolling award before to people like JimmieMac who had cooled off the year he won after years of worthy efforts, so that's the sort of campaign the Cheapest train is on.[/QUOTE]

I think he simply wanted some more reading material.

I was hoping you would put forth another vigorous effort. You have provided me / a great deal of entertainment this morning. I'm grateful & thank you. Lifetime Achievement Award it is then.

Do any "CAG" who hoard games when they are on sale just to flip to make $2 profit and leave everyone else who wants the game SOL count? If not Pepsiman because Coke is better anyways.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Of course he was a villain, as he was a huge troll that derailed a ton of threads in the PS3 with his dumb opinions that you'd hear over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. I'll throw in a few examples.

This is the old PS3 Firmware Update thread and this is a typical Cheapest post in there, which is one of 200 in there that basically says the same thing over and over again. Every time there was an update and the thread was bumped, he came along to reiterate his disdain for the update because he only had one feature that he wanted and it was never added. It was so bad that the OP made a new thread to try to get rid of his whining, but he had over four times as many posts in that thread as anybody else. At least it's now more for a quiet thread for productive discussions.

For ages, he claimed that HD didn't add anything to games before he finally got an HD monitor and renounced that part of his trolling with this blog post. And here's him admitting that his rants about that was stupid.

This is from the God of War 3 official thread. He cancels his first pre-order. He made this huge rant about how the game and CE wasn't worth it. He pre-orders in anyway. He says it's not worth $60 and wants to cancel the pre-order. He complains about a potential GS trade-in deal to get it for cheaper; Says he'll cancel pre-order and wait for a clearance. Here's a big rant from him about having the patience to wait for it to drop in price, but he cancelled the pre-order at some point without letting us know. He apparently doesn't hate everything, so there's some good news. Actually, he would take part in that GS trade-in deal if he didn't already trade in a bunch of games for a previous deal. He pre-orders it again because he had a crush on the girl cashier and plans on cancelling it already. He might keep the pre-order to flip on Craigslist or he might cancel it and use the credit on another game. He's going to cancel his pre-order and buy it again during a B2G1 sale that may happen soon. He's fully paid off his pre-order, which he's said before wasn't worth $60 and that he was going to cancel it so many times because he has the patience to wait for it to get cheaper. Criticizes others for buying games at launch and says he'd rather get three games in a B2G1 sale than get the game at full price at launch. He's still waiting on news of that B2G1 sale so he can cancel this fully paid off pre-order. He goes on a rant about how it should've been on PS3 and rants about what it would take for him to stick with this generation. He says he'd have gotten an Xbox 360 if the hardware were better made. Rants more about that topic. Agrees to disagree. He got his call from Ashley from GameStop and he's determined to cancel it since the game isn't worth $60. He's still holding out for that B2G1 sale. After weeks of complaining about it not being worth the money and that he was definitely going to cancel it, he picks up the pre-order. He may not play it anyway. He's playing it and he's not liking it. This is over the course of about two months in one thread.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the pattern of an attention-seeking troll. I'm sure he's had some positive moments in other parts of the community, but these are textbook examples of why he's an infamous troll on CAG that has annoyed many of us over the years with his hot air. He loves to claim offense over things that he eventually does anyway just to be able to complain and annoy everybody. He lightened up a bit leading up to his ban, but he was always in the PSN Weekly Deals thread talking about putting $50 of PSN credit on his account waiting for the right moment when games were cheap enough for him to buy. The hook? That never happened. Some say he still has the $50 on his PSN account and is still waiting for the games to get cheap enough. I say it'll never happen.

Don't look only at his recent past or only his actions in the trading and deals forum, but look at his full post history to see that he's a lifelong troll that has been a never ending thorn in our sides and we should celebrate this tragic career of trolling.[/QUOTE]

Frisky you don't think I'm like that do you? :)

Could someone tell me what needler did otherwise I have to vote for pepsiman as I liked IATCG.

[quote name='Squarehard']Makes a new account every half a month, and posts in the exact same threads in slidecage grammar, then proceeds to ask why people are trolling him, and then makes a blog asking why he got banned, and there is something wrong with CAG because he keeps getting banned, but he doesn't know why. You'd think after the 10th time he would get bored, but the guy is truly dedicated to his craft. Not really a villain to me, but more like a clown.[/QUOTE]

If a CAG member has been honored by becoming synonymous with poor use of grammar, I would think that would make him eligible for the list ;)

Anyway, the one I had the misfortune to encounter the most was pepsiman/aka 20 other names. Can't say Cheapy's a villain if we owe the awesome deals we find to the existence of his website. He'd be more of a "crazy uncle" type than a true villain. Or a Batman villain, as someone else mentioned. :bouncy:

Clearly it's Wombat for having a differing opinion than other people, which is clearly wrong in today's society. That being said, I'm a DCUO villain and I

[quote name='kerouac kid']Frisk, isn't this award for the "Most Memorable CAG Villain 2012"? I believe 2012 is the key term. I'd very much appreciate a similar post from you, but could you replace the links from 2010 w/ links from 2012? An update would be most entertaining.[/QUOTE]

He single-handedly ruined the wonderful thing that was penny guides for everyone simply because he wasn't able to profit off of it himself. Go find the Reduced Guides thread and check the last pages. He went entirely against the CAG spirit of sharing deals even if you can't get them yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back