Mountain Dew & Doritos [XboxONE promotion]

Went to two Wal-Marts and couldn't find the Gamer Paks anywhere. Was willing to spend the 175 bucks to nearly guarantee myself a console too.

175 dollars. Really? O_O
For a Xbox One with a free game, yeah.

I would've bought at least 60 bags. $2.48 x 60 = around $170 after taxes.

60 Gamer Paks are 18k by themselves but I have a ton of Dew codes to stack which would've gotten me to around 25k easily.

Gamer Paks are also resealable so I would've be able to get the codes and eventually eat them or give them away to friends/family later.

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be interesting to see if people are willing to go to that level or not though, it's still just a 'chance', so spending 175+ on a chance might not be worth it to a lot of folks.

Ended up getting 4875 in my account tonight. Looking forward to the auction start in the morning ING to see what it's like

If anyone is "gifting" let me know. Or if you have some extra codes laying around...let me know. I'm too invested in this now I need to get an Xbox. Funny thing is I don't even want an Xbox, but if I end up with one relatively cheap why not.

I really hope there's something worthwhile in the market place if I don't end up with enough lol...

If anyone is "gifting" let me know. Or if you have some extra codes laying around...let me know. I'm too invested in this now I need to get an Xbox. Funny thing is I don't even want an Xbox, but if I end up with one relatively cheap why not.

I really hope there's something worthwhile in the market place if I don't end up with enough lol...
I'm in the same boat, yo.

If anyone has at least 15k left after you win a Xbox One, I'll give you a 4000 point MS code ($50) if you gift me at least 15,000.

Yeah, too invested now.

Got 30 Game Cases at Walmart today. $75 - so not bad at all. Already have 3000 banked. So pairing these with the Dew codes from myself and family and additional Doritos I got from Holiday, I should end up with 12k - 16k. Hopefully done spending at this point.

If I do need more points, though - I am trading UV codes I got from my Blu-ray movies. I have probably 20+ different movies to trade. PM me if you are interested!

only 3 more hour left

i will be keeping points (as i read the how works you still need thoese points to use the sweepstakes) if i have some left if i win/give up before the last day witch is december 8, ill give points that i have left)

If anyone has at least 15k left after you win a Xbox One, I'll give you a 4000 point MS code ($50) if you gift me at least 15,000.
There are people paying 90 cents to a dollar for 100 points. I don't think someone is going to give you $150 worth of points for a 50 dollar card. Good luck though.

There are people paying 90 cents to a dollar for 100 points. I don't think someone is going to give you $150 worth of points for a 50 dollar card. Good luck though.
My CVS is selling 2-liters for 88 cents, so I'd be better off going there. Still hoping one of my Wal-Marts gets some Gamer Paks.

I somehow didn't see this thread until today despite checking the Free Stuff forum daily.  It seems like an auction system is going to eliminate the vast majority of casual entrants, of which I would be one so I don't have a lot of hope.  So what's the best cost-to-points-to-"food" ratio?  Two 12-packs gives more points than a 24-pack, and the smaller Doritos bags seem like better points value too, or am I missing something?

I somehow didn't see this thread until today despite checking the Free Stuff forum daily. It seems like an auction system is going to eliminate the vast majority of casual entrants, of which I would be one so I don't have a lot of hope. So what's the best cost-to-points-to-"food" ratio? Two 12-packs gives more points than a 24-pack, and the smaller Doritos bags seem like better points value too, or am I missing something?
Yeah, the points make no sense. 2 liter the same as 20 oz. and 24 packs only 300 points. So really, the best points is just purchasing the smaller items at the lowest price possible, or finding the Doritos gamer cases at Walmart.

No. There is literally no benefit to bidding early. You are better off waiting til the final moments to see if you even have a chance.
Exactly.

Snipe bidding was always my strategy if i saw something on ebay that I was interested in.

I just didn't want to wait around only to found out I was outbid at the very last moment.

Yeah, its seems like you will definitely need around 15k min to win a console. That kinda sucks, was really hoping to finally snag a console from one of these contests. Only have around 2k myself and probably will not get much more than that considering I have yet to even see a Dew code where I live. I guess Ill keep trying though. lol 

Definitely will need 10k+ to win. The bids will be high today, but won't dip that drastically tomorrow.

Sounds like a lot of people may be stuck with points on their hands. If you want to set up a trade of some kind, let me know. I have tons of UV codes from Blu-ray films. I am going to keep advertising those, since I have wanted to get rid of them for a while haha.

In the span of 1 hour and 20 minutes, I've seen an auction go from 20k to 41k with 2 different high bidders.

Of course, no way of knowing whether either of them went ALL IN to start.

Still 17+ hours away from the 1st closing.

I have a problem with this promotion. I tried putting in all my 15 sweepstakes credits in, so I could use them instead of points.

However after it gives me a window to input my information I hit confirm and nothing happens I still have 15 sweepstake credits after wards. 

I registered for the promotion by signing up with my Facebook. Before I'm able to input my information it comes up with a window asking for my password. 

This password is different from my facebook password I use to log on. However even if I hit confirm it doesn't do anything. 

im having same problem as yyou are , i thing we have to wait untill the countdown goes down because when i first  woked up i noticed that countdown was 00.00.00 after puting my infomation i got back on sweepstakes it was set for 22 hours left on the countdown

quick question

after reading the fine print 

" No. Points used in a bid cannot be retracted. Points also cannot be refunded while the Auction is live. Once an Auction ends, all points not associated with the winning bid will be returned to the non-winning Participant.

-------------------------------

does that mean if you do not win the auction your points are refunded to you so you can place them elsewhere?

also curious how much the gamer packs cost at walmart if someone would enlighten me
$2.48 but they give 300 points and are resealable.

There's still hope though, a lot of auctions are just over 10k.

I'm still surprised a couple of guys bid 70k plus on standard auctions; I bet they wish someone would outbid them.

$2.48 but they give 300 points and are resealable.

There's still hope though, a lot of auctions are just over 10k.

I'm still surprised a couple of guys bid 70k plus on standard auctions; I bet they wish someone would outbid them.

If it was me I would go all in with what I had also. With my paltry 5k it doesn't look like I'm in the running. Going to rely on the chance of sweepstakes and try out the every2minutes auctions on BF.

Wow.  I have close to 11,000 point and I am not even close to matching those high bids.  This is unreal.  What pisses me off the most is all the money and hard work that went into me getting these, and I don't have a chance.

Wow. I have close to 11,000 point and I am not even close to matching those high bids. This is unreal. What pisses me off the most is all the money and hard work that went into me getting these, and I don't have a chance.
I think you have a chance, hang in there, but if you are still convinced otherwise you can gift the points to someone. Someone like that SAKY guy, I hear he's ok. :D

I have 7500 points and think I may still have a chance, Maybe I'm just being optimistic. I did win the XB360 every10minutes promo back in 2005 with ~45 entries/caps.

Man, I banked 1250 points.  I wasn't thinking I would win anything right away, but wow.  It really shouldn't surprise me that people have 50-70k points though I guess.  Oh well.  Best of luck to everyone with more points than me, lol.

Yeah, im not gifting crap!  I dont care what the rules are, if someone wants my points they are going to have to "gift" me to get me gifting points.

Been getting bottlecaps from friends at work, and trying to raid the recycling bins every now and again. 

It's not that dirty, because it's all plastic bottles, not like the regular trash... haha.

Still i've only got about 1200 points. In this contest, working at a bottling plant/recycling center pays off.

Anyone selling or gifting let me know I need a lot more points. I don't even have enough to place a bid on the lowest auction.

Yea I have 6K atm, I thought MAYBE that could get the last 1 or 2 but i'm not even close to 12K which is the lowest auction which will surely bounce up to 15-16 at the last few minuts.

I dont get the 1st one at 70K though!  Damn!  I'd save that for an advanced or preminum auction. 

I'm going to be bothering people for codes at school more then ever now.

bread's done
Back