Muramasa $13.06 new + $1 shipping

[quote name='Mossygirl']And it looks like they're out of stock again. Damn, I was just about to order :bomb:[/QUOTE]
It's in-stock at Fye and Radioshack.

OR

Try tomorrow morning.

Alright. I've wanted this game for a while (on the cheap!) so I first tried to get it at Sears but of course they were sold out.

So I follow the links in the OP and see that the game is still in stock at FYE, Blockbuster, and Radio Shack. I decide to order from BB since they are the cheapest with shipping. I had some weird error after placing my order on BBs website about not being able to confirm, but the order is still there and valid. It says the order is "In Progress". After this I started reading through the thread and see where there is some kind of BS going on with the BB orders. I went ahead and ordered from FYE as well as I really want a copy of the game. It too is stuck in "Processing" limbo.

So, now I'm trying to decide if I should just cancel the BB order or wait and see which ships first (if they ship at all). Wish I had read the whole thread first. I didn't know BB's online ordering was screwed up.

My copy from spun.com arrived today. In case anyone was wondering, it looks to be actually new and not GameStop new.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Alright. I've wanted this game for a while (on the cheap!) so I first tried to get it at Sears but of course they were sold out.

So I follow the links in the OP and see that the game is still in stock at FYE, Blockbuster, and Radio Shack. I decide to order from BB since they are the cheapest with shipping. I had some weird error after placing my order on BBs website about not being able to confirm, but the order is still there and valid. It says the order is "In Progress". After this I started reading through the thread and see where there is some kind of BS going on with the BB orders. I went ahead and ordered from FYE as well as I really want a copy of the game. It too is stuck in "Processing" limbo.

So, now I'm trying to decide if I should just cancel the BB order or wait and see which ships first (if they ship at all). Wish I had read the whole thread first. I didn't know BB's online ordering was screwed up.[/QUOTE]

I recommend canceling with BB and going with any of the others. Sounds they've come through even if some of them are slow on delivery. It sounds like this is going out of print is out of print. I've heard someone here say it as well as NeoGaf. So get it where you can get it now I say. Good luck.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Alright. I've wanted this game for a while (on the cheap!) so I first tried to get it at Sears but of course they were sold out.

So, now I'm trying to decide if I should just cancel the BB order or wait and see which ships first (if they ship at all). Wish I had read the whole thread first. I didn't know BB's online ordering was screwed up.[/QUOTE]

I ordered from Blockbuster a week or so ago and they cancelled my order due to non stock.... I would be suprised if you get it.

I just got an email saying mine was shipped. Ordered on Wed (2nd round of stock, I think?) from Wherehouse. Hope everyone else gets theirs...

Cancel Block Buster it doesn't look like they have in stock or else they wouldn't be canceling with no email warning.

Has anyone had their order completed by Spun.com? And has anyone ordered from them before?

They're offering an instant $8.50 credit on Glory of Heracles (which I picked up for a dollar a while back), and that would make Muramasa crazy-cheap--but the Internets seem to be telling me that Spun has a funny way of not honoring their quoted trade-in values.

Surprisingly, It looks like my orders from both FYE and Blockbuster shipped. And within less than two hours of each other, of course, so I didn't have time to cancel one of them. Should have followed your advice, guys.

Hope the trade-in value is decent. I blame Blockbuster because if they had not been so flaky with people's orders up til this point I would have never placed the second order in fear that they would cancel on me days down the line.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Surprisingly, It looks like my orders from both FYE and Blockbuster shipped. And within less than two hours of each other, of course, so I didn't have time to cancel one of them. Should have followed your advice, guys.

Hope the trade-in value is decent. I blame Blockbuster because if they had not been so flaky with people's orders up til this point I would have never placed the second order in fear that they would cancel on me days down the line.[/QUOTE]

You could always keep the second copy sealed and sell it later on. I'm pretty sure it's value will go up once it goes OOS everywhere.

[quote name='Lord Alfred']Surprisingly, It looks like my orders from both FYE and Blockbuster shipped. And within less than two hours of each other, of course, so I didn't have time to cancel one of them. Should have followed your advice, guys.

Hope the trade-in value is decent. I blame Blockbuster because if they had not been so flaky with people's orders up til this point I would have never placed the second order in fear that they would cancel on me days down the line.[/QUOTE]

The same exact thing happened to me.

I'll check trade in value I guess but most likely I'll just send one of them back to FYE or Blockbuster.

Thanks OP, $17 shipped from Warehouse is still a fine deal in my opinion. I hope I won't like the game. Otherwise, I'll be scouring eBay looking for a Gamestop preorder poster. Dang it, it's from Vanillaware, I know I'm going to love it...

[quote name='Ryuu555']Right as I read the last post in this thread, the doorbell rang. Got mine from Wherehouse! lol[/QUOTE]
HIGH 5!!! VERY NICE!!!!:bouncy:

Same story here. >.< I didn't mean to end up with two copies, but if this game does end up being more valuable in the future hopefully I can sell the second copy and make enough money to cover selling it and most of the price of the first copy. :)

It does indeed, but that's why you have a credit card that you use on just such sites, one that makes it easy to get your money back, or better yet one that lets you create a proxy CC# that works for 24 hours only.

[quote name='Amneisac']Yeah, I picked it up off spun also, but that web site seems sketchy for some reason.[/QUOTE]
My own Internet sleuthing has indicated that their sketchiness is not really a matter of orders not being honored, or credit card numbers being stolen, or even "new" games being GameStop New. People just seem to complain that the trade-in program is a scam as regards CDs, DVDs, and disc-based games (everything other than DS games, essentially)--that it's much to easy for the site to claim that something was "scratched" and lower the quoted value. In other words, we have fairly good reason to believe that these orders will at least go through, and that the site is not an out-and-out scam.

In any case, my order shipped this morning. I'll upload some pictures of the newness, or "newness," of the game when it arrives.

[quote name='Techsticles']Even though I didn't get a shipping notification, my wherehouse.com account shows the game shipped this morning.[/QUOTE]
Mine shipped last Friday, and it arrived yesterday and was a new copy.

thanks OP

I can't remember for the life of me if I've played this or not?!?!?!?
EDIT: nope...wonder what the hell I was thinking of???

[quote name='shadowkast']I can't remember for the life of me if I've played this or not?!?!?!?
EDIT: nope...wonder what the hell I was thinking of???[/QUOTE]

Odin Sphere? It's developed by the same people and preceded Muramasa.

I think this website is making me sick. I bought this game and I don't even have a wii, yet. In fact, I don't plan on getting one until much farther down the line, but I don't want to pay an exorbitant price if this really is out of print.

Use coupon GAMEBONUS at meijer.com for free shipping and a free $5 gift card when you order 2 video games. I ordered Muramasa and Fritz Chess (DS) (plus the $5 gift card) for $29.98 plus tax.

[quote name='valenor the bored']Odin Sphere? It's developed by the same people and preceded Muramasa.

I think this website is making me sick. I bought this game and I don't even have a wii, yet. In fact, I don't plan on getting one until much farther down the line, but I don't want to pay an exorbitant price if this really is out of print.[/QUOTE]
no, but I do think it was a game on the PS2 now that I think of it. The lead hero looked very familiar and the game was about an ancient sword as well.

I finally pulled the trigger on a wherehouse order after checking the other "close" Sears (40 minutes away) yesterday to see that there were no copies of Muramasa available. $17.xx (with tax and shipping) is still a great deal, even if it's not as amazing as $5. I hope it goes through OK.

[quote name='Mossygirl']I finally pulled the trigger on a wherehouse order after checking the other "close" Sears (40 minutes away) yesterday to see that there were no copies of Muramasa available. $17.xx (with tax and shipping) is still a great deal, even if it's not as amazing as $5. I hope it goes through OK.[/QUOTE]

I just got mine in the mail today from wherehouse, and it came new in plastic, in a bubble mailer. I paid the same price, and it's well worth it. It went in and out of stock after I ordered, but there were no delays in shipping.

Bought a copy for a gift under wherehouse, shipping is now 3.49 for standard -_-. Back in the 90s wherehouse was close by my house, this was where I rented all my snes games

I somehow overlooked this thread until now. Picked up a copy from Wherehouse for $13.06 plus shipping and tax for a total of $17.82. Thanks for the heads up!

I got my Spun order on Sat. Took a little while, but it's still in factory wrap. I'm looking forward to opening it up, breathing in its toxic combination of plasticizers and fresh printing ink, and popping it into my Wii after my kids go to sleep.

[quote name='Banchan']Wherehouse canceled my order saying their supplier no longer had any copies.[/QUOTE]

same here... looks like they sold out... damn.

Wherehouse canceled my order saying their supplier no longer had any copies.
[quote name='xycury']same here... looks like they sold out... damn.[/QUOTE]

When did you guys order? I ordered back on June 11 and haven't gotten a cancellation e-mail yet, so I'm going to keep hoping mine goes through.

Got my wherehouse.com order yesterday. Having played Odin Sphere (the company's last game), this game has a very similar art style (that's not a bad thing). It's gorgeous and well worth the 17.xx with tax and shipping. Thanks OP, and everyone who kept updating the thread showing it was back in stock!

bread's done
Back