N64 game case project - live!

Yeah...I'm the infamous ajnrules who's been trying to scan the North American box of Pokemon Puzzle League and doesn't know how to use PhotoShop. So yeah...I've been using Microsoft Paint. I guess that program automatically saves pictures at 96dpi? Yeah...because I have some other boxes to contribute. :/

[quote name='ajnrules']Yeah...I'm the infamous ajnrules who's been trying to scan the North American box of Pokemon Puzzle League and doesn't know how to use PhotoShop. So yeah...I've been using Microsoft Paint. I guess that program automatically saves pictures at 96dpi? Yeah...because I have some other boxes to contribute. :/[/QUOTE]

1. Yeah, MS Paint is pretty terrible for files like these
2. You can try uploading the raw scans here: http://ukbeats.com/n64/raw
The username/pass is: n64covers/n64covers

And one of us could probably do it.

[quote name='ajnrules']Yeah...I'm the infamous ajnrules who's been trying to scan the North American box of Pokemon Puzzle League and doesn't know how to use PhotoShop. So yeah...I've been using Microsoft Paint. I guess that program automatically saves pictures at 96dpi? Yeah...because I have some other boxes to contribute. :/[/quote]

OMG ... dont even bother with MS Paint!!

Have a look on the net for Paintshop Pro ... failing that scan the boxes at 300dpi and upload to the site SMMM advised in the previous post.

I can take it from there

BTW ... great to have you onboard :D So what boxes do you have that we haven't got scans for?

Yeah. I'll see what I can do with PhotoShop Pro. If all else fails, I guess I can upload the scans, but I'd really want to do these things myself. Ah well.

Anyways, covers I have include:

-Pokemon Puzzle League (US)
-Harvest Moon 64 (US)
-International Superstar Soccer 64 (US)
-International Superstar Soccer 98 (US)
-NASCAR 99 (US)
-Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey (US)
-Pilotwings 64 (US)

In addition, I have a couple of Japanese boxes, including Sin and Punishment, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros., Star Fox 64, Paper Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Mario Party, and Yoshi's Story. I don't know how useful they might be.

[quote name='ajnrules']Yeah. I'll see what I can do with PhotoShop Pro. If all else fails, I guess I can upload the scans, but I'd really want to do these things myself. Ah well.

Anyways, covers I have include:

-Pokemon Puzzle League (US)
-Harvest Moon 64 (US)
-International Superstar Soccer 64 (US)
-International Superstar Soccer 98 (US)
-NASCAR 99 (US)
-Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey (US)
-Pilotwings 64 (US)

In addition, I have a couple of Japanese boxes, including Sin and Punishment, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros., Star Fox 64, Paper Mario, Banjo-Kazooie, Mario Party, and Yoshi's Story. I don't know how useful they might be.[/QUOTE]

Anything you have that we don't is useful; ESPECIALLY the Sin and Punishment.

I got Mystical Ninja and Monopoly 64 in the mail today. Here's some scans of Mystical Ninja FINALLY. If something's wrong with them, I'll rescan it. And if you can, for the spine can you use the one with the girl on it?

Front
Back

I'll scan and post Monopoly 64 a little later.

[quote name='SMMM']I got Mystical Ninja and Monopoly 64 in the mail today. Here's some scans of Mystical Ninja FINALLY. If something's wrong with them, I'll rescan it. And if you can, for the spine can you use the one with the girl on it?

Front
Back

I'll scan and post Monopoly 64 a little later.[/quote]

[quote name='SMMM']You are AWESOME!! Yay, now all my N64 games have US cases and they all match![/quote]

Sweet as ....... !!!!

Glad your collection is complete. Good on you for getting the box too :)

Me? I need another 30 odd cases but I do have toner for my color laser printer now so when I can afford to get them I'll be able to print the covers.

Hello N64 game case project thread. I have scanned the Japanese boxes I have for Bangai-O and Sin and Punishment, but I can't seem to login to the photo album to upload the raw scans. n64covers/n64covers doesn't seem to work. Help!

[quote name='arjuna']Hello N64 game case project thread. I have scanned the Japanese boxes I have for Bangai-O and Sin and Punishment, but I can't seem to login to the photo album to upload the raw scans. n64covers/n64covers doesn't seem to work. Help![/quote]

I had trouble too and Nate hasn't answered my message so he may be on holiday or summat like that!

How big are the individual scans?

If you can email them in less than 5mb lots you could send them to me directly and I'll scan and up them to Snack-bar. PM me if you want to do that and I'll give you my email addy.

Alternatively .... you cold create a free login at www.box.net where you can store individual files up to 10mb's in size. Create a directory, upload the files, make the directory public and put the link here and I can pick them up.

Cheers....

[quote name='TheValeman']I had trouble too and Nate hasn't answered my message so he may be on holiday or summat like that!

How big are the individual scans?

If you can email them in less than 5mb lots you could send them to me directly and I'll scan and up them to Snack-bar. PM me if you want to do that and I'll give you my email addy.

Alternatively .... you cold create a free login at www.box.net where you can store individual files up to 10mb's in size. Create a directory, upload the files, make the directory public and put the link here and I can pick them up.

Cheers....[/QUOTE]

And if you can't do any of that, PM me and I'll let you use my googlepages account.

[quote name='SMMM']And if you can't do any of that, PM me and I'll let you use my googlepages account.[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. I didn't actually scan them myself. I had a friend at work do it for me, but I just noticed he scanned them in at 200 dpi, so I'm going to pester him to redo it. He gave them to me as 8 mb tif files. Slash has already offered to format the raw scans, so you guys don't need to bother. There are a few small scratches on the boxes and some creases, but they're in pretty good shape overall. Here's the 200 dpi scans so you can see the quality for yourself:

http://www.box.net/public/z8xnin9qzg#main

[quote name='arjuna']Thanks guys. I didn't actually scan them myself. I had a friend at work do it for me, but I just noticed he scanned them in at 200 dpi, so I'm going to pester him to redo it. He gave them to me as 8 mb tif files. Slash has already offered to format the raw scans, so you guys don't need to bother. There are a few small scratches on the boxes and some creases, but they're in pretty good shape overall. Here's the 200 dpi scans so you can see the quality for yourself:

http://www.box.net/public/z8xnin9qzg#main[/quote]

Very nice :)

Get your friend to scan them @ 300dpi but save them as a jpg with no compression. File size should be only 2mb's approx each so much smaller.

These are nice condition so easy to convert .... although the red sticker brigade might be a tad irritable with Sin and punishment being all black .... hehe

Here's a mockup based upon the 200dpi files ......

N64 List Updated

I needed to put a Mission Impossible game on eBay so I rendered up a quick US Version of the game cover. This is no way near Snack Bar worthy, but I just went ahead and posted it on my box.net account

Also in the future, here is a public GooglePages account.
Just go to www.GooglePages.com

Username: n64labels
Password: cheapassgamer

This account is only to be used for uploading scans. Once you are finished uploading, log out.

[quote name='TheValeman']Very nice :)

Get your friend to scan them @ 300dpi but save them as a jpg with no compression. File size should be only 2mb's approx each so much smaller.

These are nice condition so easy to convert .... although the red sticker brigade might be a tad irritable with Sin and punishment being all black .... hehe

Here's a mockup based upon the 200dpi files ......

[/QUOTE]

Cool, only thing I'd change is making the little boxes on the bottom back more whitish instead of the dirty yellowish.

Just an update .....

Things are hectic at home/ work at present but I'll get those 3 remaining Schenley files up when I can get around to finishing the cleanup necessary on each of them.

I have however, scanned some 50 game manuals and have currently converted over half of them to pdf's. These are good quality 1024 x 76x sized pages, aligned, straightened up and colour corrected to remove seethru so they look very nice compared to the ones typically found online.

Due to the scan size they do take some space up as each one is 5 - 12mb's depending on the page count. Where they are PAL I have scanned the English content only. I have probably 50 still to do and when completed will take up several hundred mb's of space. Geez I hope my HDD doesn't die on me as I haven't backed them up anywhere.....

Is anyone here interested in these? I dont know where I can store them as Boxnet has a 10mb restriction on individual files and I dont want to drop the quality. I could put them on DVD/CD and post to people though if we can work out the logistics ....

Hey SMMM .... that was a quick fire mock-up. No editing of colour or cleanup was done as a result. I just put it up to show what I thought the box looked like after choppingthe spine around to accomodate the current format. I sill reckon it looks good for the 300dpi conversion.... depending on what Slash does with it of course.....

I've got the 300 dpi scans, but we were kind of rushing (end of the work day and all) and I think there may be a little bit of cropping at the edges. These boxes are ever so slightly larger than the plastic mediashelving cases everyone is using, so I'm hoping it's not too terrible. If you think it needs a rescaning, I'll do it tomorrow. It's most noticable on the front cover of Bangai-O on the left. I saved them as jpgs, but they're still pretty big (about 10 megs). I had to split up 2 of them using winrar to get them to upload to box.net. Anyway, here they are:

http://www.box.net/public/2brr152pad

[quote name='4tygames']Hey TheValeman,

You can always make a torrent and I would be happy to seed it.[/quote]

That could be a goer but ... big but ... my broadband cap sucks ass so once someone has the file I'd have to back off or I'll quickly end up capped to 64k broad-less-band.

Once I've converted the 25 or so that are scanned and just need editing/ compiling into a pdf I'll get it underway. That'll give you guys 50+ manuals ....

To date I've pdf'd the following:

007 Goldeneye, Aero Gauge, Battle Tanx - Gloal Assault, Cruis'n World, Dual Heroes, Excitebike 64, F1 World Grand Prix II, Fighters Destiny, Jerry McGrath Supercross 2000, Jet Force Gemini, Mickeys Seedway USA, NBA Jam 2000, Perfect Dark, Ridge Racer 64, Snowboard Kids, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, Supr Mario 64, Tetrisphere and WCWNWO Revenge.

Scanned and ready to pdf are ....

007 - World is Not Enough, Auto Lamborghini, Banjo Kazooie, Command & Conquer, Donkey Kong 64, F1 World Grand Prix, F-Zero X, Hydro Thunder, ISS 64, Major League Baseball, Mario Kart 64, Mischief Makers, Mission Impossible, NBA Live 99, NBA Pro 99, NHL 99, Pokemon Snap, Spac Station Silicon Valley, Star Wars Ep 1 Racer, Tarzan, Top Gear Rally, XG-2Zelda - Ocarina.

And I have a truckload of others yet to do thanks to buying all those boxed games for the cover project. :D

OK .... I've taken the 300dpi scans, kept the 200 dpi spine and merged the front/ rear covers after alittle cleanup work to get ......

Oh ..... and the off white colour on the rear is actually a pale pink/white I think and nothing to do with the scan or conversion itself although the owner of the box may want to clarify that

The off-white is indeed off-white on the actual box. Slash has created both red and black spine versions of my scans. Here's his post from another forum:

I created the N64 covers for those games you scanned. I created each of them with both a red spine version and a black spine version, because some people like their imported games with the black spine for whatever reason.

Here's the links:

red:

http://www.snackbar-games.com/uploads/slash000.n64_bangai-o.jpg

http://www.snackbar-games.com/uploads/slash000.n64_sinandpunishment_jp.jpg

black:

http://www.snackbar-games.com/uploads/slash000.n64_bangai-o_black_jp.jpg

http://www.snackbar-games.com/uploads/slash000.n64_sinandpunishment_black_jp.jpg

P7120149.JPG

But it isnt off-white here, so it must have something to do with his box.

[quote name='arjuna']The off-white is indeed off-white on the actual box. Slash has created both red and black spine versions of my scans. Here's his post from another forum:[/QUOTE]

Problem with Slash is that he's an insertion-ist. He doesn't do much color editing/cleanup on the actual scans. I'd let Valeman at least handle the Sin and Punishment, which he seems pretty excited to do.

After what seems like 5 or 6 hours I am finally caught up on all the covers you maniacs posted while I was out of town. I am doing the ones that were uploaded yesterday.

[quote name='TheValeman']Is anyone here interested in these? I dont know where I can store them as Boxnet has a 10mb restriction on individual files and I dont want to drop the quality. I could put them on DVD/CD and post to people though if we can work out the logistics ....[/QUOTE]

I can setup an upload page and we can store them on SB. Sound good?

[quote name='SMMM']
P7120149.JPG

But it isnt off-white here, so it must have something to do with his box.

Problem with Slash is that he's an insertion-ist. He doesn't do much color editing/cleanup on the actual scans. I'd let Valeman at least handle the Sin and Punishment, which he seems pretty excited to do.[/QUOTE]

My eyesight isn't very good, but that looks like the same off-white to me. These boxes are getting kind of old, and I bought them used off ebay a few years ago, so I don't know. I'm pretty satisfied with slash's covers, but you guys can go nuts with the color correction and whatnot. I saw someone else was going to scan Sin and Punishment. Maybe his box is better?

I wish the Japanese instructions would fit in the mediashelving cases.

[quote name='Snowcone']I can setup an upload page and we can store them on SB. Sound good?[/quote]

Woohoo .... he's back!!!

Hows the new job going Snowcone? Hope you're settled in ok.

That would be ideal although it may be one thing hosting covers vs game manuals to big N .... although looking at their site they themselves put up the occasional manual for download so I think we'd be safe .....

Go for it I say and as soon as it's available I'll upload the PDF's.

The job is great. I am loving the full days of development and coding. I guess worst case scenario with the manuals is that we are asked to take them down at which point we dump them to the P2P networks :)

[quote name='Snowcone']The job is great. I am loving the full days of development and coding. I guess worst case scenario with the manuals is that we are asked to take them down at which point we dump them to the P2P networks :)[/quote]

Great stuff. It'll save me bandwidth only having to post once too which makes me a very happy chappy!!

On the Bangai-O note ..... I have done a heap of cleanup on this. Note that unlike Slash I didn't cut the box down to bypass the cropping ... I edited in extra to keep the correct profile. Here's the small imageshack version for everyone to compare...

Let me know if you want it upped as an alternate or if you're all happy with the existing one I wont bother.

Cheers .......

Have not checked this thread for a long time. Manuals I see! YES!

It's great having an archive of manuals for old games, since most I buy can only be had cart only. :(

Thanks fellas for the work.

Man, I'm really excited about getting some of these for some of my N64 games. Would anybody be interested in either selling me some of their empty cases or pitching in with me to buy some new ones?

[quote name='TheValeman']Great stuff. It'll save me bandwidth only having to post once too which makes me a very happy chappy!!

On the Bangai-O note ..... I have done a heap of cleanup on this. Note that unlike Slash I didn't cut the box down to bypass the cropping ... I edited in extra to keep the correct profile. Here's the small imageshack version for everyone to compare...

Let me know if you want it upped as an alternate or if you're all happy with the existing one I wont bother.

Cheers .......[/QUOTE]

Go ahead and upload it. Doesn't hurt to have choices.

[quote name='Snowcone']Go ahead and upload it. Doesn't hurt to have choices.[/quote]

No worries. I'll upload it as soon as I can.

Let me know the URL for the manual upload when it's ready and I'll start upping those pdf's too.

Cheers......

UPDATE: Finally got around to cleaning up one of Schenley's scans ..... here's Ms Pacman ......

Here's another one of those ones. This required a heap of cleanup work .... Iggy's Reckin Balls

And at long last the final bad scan ..... Madden 2001 after a whole heap of work. Not great but it'll do ....

[quote name='TheValeman']No worries. I'll upload it as soon as I can.

Let me know the URL for the manual upload when it's ready and I'll start upping those pdf's too.

Cheers......

UPDATE: Finally got around to cleaning up one of Schenley's scans ..... here's Ms Pacman ......

Here's another one of those ones. This required a heap of cleanup work .... Iggy's Reckin Balls

And at long last the final bad scan ..... Madden 2001 after a whole heap of work. Not great but it'll do ....

[/QUOTE]

still a ton better than I could ever do. good job!

[quote name='SMMM']Too bad I'm flat broke, like always. But if anyone wanted to help me out, I do have some N64 boxes up for sale in my tradelist from the last lot I bought. :lol:

[/quote]

I heard that!!!

Still broke but I went and purchased an 8 game package off EBAY..... those being

[already scanned]... Cruisn USA, Major League Baseball, NFL QB Club 98, Shadows of Empire, Rugrats Treasure Hunt

[Not yet scanned]... Pilot Wings 64, Nascar 99, Wayne Gretzky 3D Hockey

Not cheap ... but I wanted Pilot Wings. I'll rephrase that. I got the games for $20 but the postage to New Zealand came to $31, more than doubling the price.

I just bought the following games with boxes:

Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey 98
Tetrisphere
San Francisco Rush
Mace: The Dark Age
F1 Pole Position 64

I am going out of town for a week on Thursday, but when I come back I will scan them.

I'd help out, but I just bought a car and have to survive by the skin of my teeth for a while. Boy, do I love ramen!

P.S. I'm going to try to work on some of your GBA scans, 4ty. I was bored, so I put Top Gear Pocket 2 together.

Pilot Wings 64 .... the US version to supplement my PAL copy. Another one to mark off as complete..........

Nascar 99 .... the US version to supplement my PAL copy. Another one to mark off as complete..........

Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey .... a few people have been looking for this one I think. Bit of cleanup done on this one .....

That's all from me for now .... gotta pay this lot off.....

Just an FYI that I have most of the current covers online. SMMM uploaded probably 50 saturn covers that I have to publish. I am also working on some changes to the site. I want a better way to display the game info as well as these new bits of info:

Game Country
Case Type (DS, standard DVD, slimline, etc)

[quote name='Snowcone']Just an FYI that I have most of the current covers online. SMMM uploaded probably 50 saturn covers that I have to publish. I am also working on some changes to the site. I want a better way to display the game info as well as these new bits of info:

Game Country
Case Type (DS, standard DVD, slimline, etc)[/quote]

Dont forget to get that upload manuals url sorted out so I can start upping the N64 pdf's I've created :)

Cheers ......

Just had a look at Snack-bar .....

Someone upped an alternate cover for Sin & Punishment. Not my cup of tea as I like them to be consistent with the original as much as possible but it's good to see people getting their creative juices going to come up with different takes on a theme.

Hopefully we'll get my new ones up soon so whoever wanted Wayne's 3D Hockey can get their cover.

And SMMM .... heaps of covers for Sega Saturn? Go for broke buddy :D

[quote name='TheValeman']
And SMMM .... heaps of covers for Sega Saturn? Go for broke buddy :D[/QUOTE]

There was a huge power outage around here a week or so ago. I didn't have to go into work for a day or two, and fortunately, I had power (but no TV or internet). SO basically, a lot of those stemmed from me not having anything else to do.

[quote name='SMMM']There was a huge power outage around here a week or so ago. I didn't have to go into work for a day or two, and fortunately, I had power (but no TV or internet). SO basically, a lot of those stemmed from me not having anything else to do.[/quote]

I heard that. I had power outage of 16 hours a few weeks ago but I couldn't do anything so you were lucky.

I've been testing L4 filtering/shaping for work recently so gaming has taken a back seat lately. Those games I upped arrived yesterday so I had nothing better to do than convert and upload them.

bread's done
Back