N64 game case project - live!

[quote name='TheValeman']Wow oh wow!!!!

Were you after Tony Hawk Pro Skater for your collection? Just that I upped all three of those game covers a while ago ... #1 & 2 from personal purchases off EBAY and #3 I converted from a contribution on UKBeats site.

Snowcone .... if you read this .... Can you change the Mario Golf cover name from Mario Goldf .... looks like a case of "two keys at same time" when I saved it. Didn't see it when uploading. Man ... that was a while ago now. Amazing that no-one commented on it before now:)

4tygames .... can you remove Star Shot Space Circus Fever from pending as it's on Snack-bar

Cheers!!![/QUOTE]

Fixed.

[quote name='Snowcone']I am posting half of the recent covers now. The other half is on my work computer which I can't get to right now.[/QUOTE]

Did you get my re-upload of The Castlevania Adventure (GB)?

Got my shipment of boxes today... 21 boxes. A couple of them need some deep sticker work, so they will be coming slowly.

Also, I've got a lot of 'real world' stuff going on now, so time might be scarce.

[quote name='SMMM']And I got Turok in. Back is a tad fudged, so try your best whenever you can.

Front
Back[/quote]

Had a spare 20 minutes at work so here it is .......

Had a few creases that needed editing out and sticker damage on the rear etc but by and large it's come out more than good enough. Cheers SMMM on getting it and DustBoogie for contributing $ toward it.

[quote name='DustBoogie']Wow! I just logged on to see if there was anything new, and the box is already up... :applause: for you guys![/quote]

Yeah .. no worries .. I've uploaded the full sized version to Snack-bar already but it may be a day or two before it's available due to Snowcone being out of action. Wont be long though .... :)

[quote name='Snowcone']Everything is up but the new Turok Valeman did. Was this Rampage World Tour a replacement for the current cover Valeman?[/quote]

No .... the existing Rampage World Tour cover is the PAL version while the new one is the US boxart. You can tell as only PAL covers have the black sidebars on the front and rear whereas US versions are almost always red and include ERSB ratings which PAL ones typically dont.

I think what happened is the original uploader didn't specify it as such and when it was added to Snack-bar it defaulted to "US", like the WWF Warzone which we had issues with for the same reason when I submitted the correct US version.

Cheers .... and it's good to see you on your feet again :D

EDIT. Turok Dinosar Hunter is now up on Snackbar contrary to the above .... he's on fire today is Ole Snowcone!!!!

UPDATE. Breaking news. You wont believe what turned up in the post today..... my surface shipment. So... after checking everything out I can confirm that I'll be able to provide covers for Blast Corps, NFL Quarterback Club 99 and MRC - Multi Racing Championship sometime this weekend.

Here's the US version of MRC - Multi Racing Championship to supplement the PAL version I uploaded a while ago....

That's another one to mark off as "Complete"

Here's NFL Quarterback Club 99 ... again, supplementing the PAL version I upped a long time ago ... Another for the "Complete" bin .....

And the last of my boxes until the Visa is cleared is ... Blast Corps US version to add to my PAL version ... Another for the "Complete" bin ......

as usual awesome job valeman, what's the visa bill looking like now? I'd love to contribute more, but I just had my wisdom teeth pulled ($1900!), ouch!

Msg me your paypal address though, I'm sure I can donate a little USD cash =)

Nate

[quote name='nate1749']as usual awesome job valeman, what's the visa bill looking like now? I'd love to contribute more, but I just had my wisdom teeth pulled ($1900!), ouch!

Msg me your paypal address though, I'm sure I can donate a little USD cash =)

Nate[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment. Wondered where you'd been .... wisdom teeth .... oh so long ago that I had mine out. Then again .... I'm probably the oldest one here still playing N64 ....

Don't worry about the Visa .... down to a little over $100 now so I'm making great strides all things considered. However, once I've paid it off I need to get

1. A cyan toner cartridge for my laser printer as I have 30 games in cases and no way to print covers for them at present ....
2. Some more cases as I have another 30 games needing cases from all the purchases I made for the cause. Had to sell off the game boxes to help reduce the Visa debt so they're sitting on my shelf loose at present.

After that I can start getting more games :)

Sooo little spending money vs sooo many things to buy .... sigh

[quote name='TheValeman']Thanks for the compliment. Wondered where you'd been .... wisdom teeth .... oh so long ago that I had mine out. Then again .... I'm probably the oldest one here still playing N64 ....

Don't worry about the Visa .... down to a little over $100 now so I'm making great strides all things considered. However, once I've paid it off I need to get

1. A cyan toner cartridge for my laser printer as I have 30 games in cases and no way to print covers for them at present ....
2. Some more cases as I have another 30 games needing cases from all the purchases I made for the cause. Had to sell off the game boxes to help reduce the Visa debt so they're sitting on my shelf loose at present.

After that I can start getting more games :)

Sooo little spending money vs sooo many things to buy .... sigh[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like you would've needed to buy much right now with all of Schenley's recent purchases. I'm sure those'll keep you busy for a while.

[quote name='SMMM']Doesn't look like you would've needed to buy much right now with all of Schenley's recent purchases. I'm sure those'll keep you busy for a while.[/quote]

Yeah .... I do seem to have become the defacto "Mr Convertorman" eh!!

I think I'd have been better of buying boxes than converting .... much less work involved :)

Oh well ..... while we're talking about boxes ..... here's Bassmasters 2000 ....

Here's Schenley's other upload ... also converted and upped to Snack-bar .... CyberTiger

[quote name='TheValeman']Yeah .... I do seem to have become the defacto "Mr Convertorman" eh!!

I think I'd have been better of buying boxes than converting .... much less work involved :) [/quote]Yea, but we're becoming a finely tuned machine. I got the scanning part down pat, and your conversions are coming very quickly - you must have the hang of it by now.

[quote name='Schenley']Yea, but we're becoming a finely tuned machine. I got the scanning part down pat, and your conversions are coming very quickly - you must have the hang of it by now.[/quote]

Still have 3 of yours to do .... Iggy's, Madden something and Ms Pacman ... all have a fair bit of work to do so they're hanging around like a bad smell. I have to be in the right mood for major editing .... don't worry though .... they will get done.......

[quote name='TheValeman']Still have 3 of yours to do .... Iggy's, Madden something and Ms Pacman ... all have a fair bit of work to do so they're hanging around like a bad smell. I have to be in the right mood for major editing .... don't worry though .... they will get done.......[/quote]I know what you mean... Take your time on them. I'll give you some more easy ones to work on.

[quote name='ZForce915']A shiny nickel to the person that can upload Snowboard Kids 2![/quote]

You will find this is insanely difficult to find boxed in either NTSC or PAL format. Otherwise we'd have it already as the first one is one of my favorite games and I'd have got it already ..... I personally contributed both PAL and NTSC covers for Snowboard Kids.

BTW .... The collecting of boxes for the purpose of creating covers relies on the efforts of everyone .... not just a few. "Ask not what we can do for you but what you can do for everyone" before making requests. It's long gone past the time where the boxes in the hands of members have been contributed. So every box that is missing requires someone having to purchase it.

If you can help by buying a game where a cover is still required .... Great .... otherwise just wait until it becomes available.

OK, more covers scanned and uploaded. www.brokenclavicle.com/covers/raw

Since Valeman is exclusively working on the conversion, I will from now on PM or email him directly when I scan new covers - no need to make this thread any longer! :lol:

Unless, of course, you guys like to see the progress...

[quote name='Schenley']OK, more covers scanned and uploaded. www.brokenclavicle.com/covers/raw

Since Valeman is exclusively working on the conversion, I will from now on PM or email him directly when I scan new covers - no need to make this thread any longer! :lol:

Unless, of course, you guys like to see the progress...[/quote]

I usually check for updates on this thread. It's already excessively long, it isn't going to make much difference if it gets even longer :p

I can help by not advertising the covers I create from scans on the thread .... that'll save a few entries :)

Of course .... then you'll have to keep looking on Snack-bar to see if anything new has been added....

Alternatively ..... I could just save it until ALL the scans have been converted and just make one entry .... just expect it sometime next year when I run out of Schenley scans to convert.

Personally ... isn't this thread here for the purpose of keeping people up to date with news on the cover conversions etc? I dont care if it's 5 pages or 500... so what if it's the biggest on CAG. Just means we're a dedicated bunch .... or a seriously old bunch of no-hopers clinging onto old tech and too scared to move into the future :D

Nah .... I like the status quo ... so here's a conversion of Schen's Mia Hamm Soccer 64 .... never seen it b4 ......

Here's Monster Truck Madness 64 ...... silver box made coloring difficult ..... still looks nice though ....

Another one bites the dust ..... Hybrid Heaven .....

Finally ..... Madden 64 .......

[quote name='4tygames']AJNrules on the Nintendo Fourms is currently scanning and creating covers of the game boxes he owns and he has a lot!

Here is Pokemon Puzzle League

I will get the list updated soon![/quote]

That's great news from my perspective as it takes a bit of pressure off me on the conversion front.

UPDATE: Just looking at the file uploaded to Snack-bar it's only 1.6mb's ..... almost all of my conversions at 300 dpi are 5mb's or more so I had a look at his image and it's only scanned at 96 dpi.

Can you make sure he scans and uses 300dpi as this is the official requirement in the documentation. He'll need to redo the Pokemon scan too.

Cheers .....

I'll hold off on posting the AJNrules covers until they have been fixed. Everything else is uploaded and posted, but I need to find out if the user Bratwurst is uploading replacement covers for the ones he posted.

[quote name='Snowcone']I'll hold off on posting the AJNrules covers until they have been fixed. Everything else is uploaded and posted, but I need to find out if the user Bratwurst is uploading replacement covers for the ones he posted.[/quote]
Howdy Snowcone .... have a good 4th day off? :D Great Shuttle launch too!!

It may pay to check AJNrules scans in case he's already redone them at 300dpi. If he hasn't then they're gonna need replacing as simply upscaling resolution doesn't work very well.

Can you also have a look at Slash000's WWF Warzone. It's really crappy with blurred text on the rear along with typed over text in other blocks. As I submitted a clean US version of the box I think it would pay to delete it as I can probably get a clean replacement PAL cover and no way would someone print this one out in it's present state. Shame I didn't notice it before I sold my mint PAL box off ..... sigh

[quote name='4tygames']AJNrules on the Nintendo Fourms is currently scanning and creating covers of the game boxes he owns and he has a lot!

Here is Pokemon Puzzle League

I will get the list updated soon![/QUOTE]

Have a link to the topic at the Nintendo forums?

[quote name='TheValeman']Howdy Snowcone .... have a good 4th day off? :D Great Shuttle launch too!!

It may pay to check AJNrules scans in case he's already redone them at 300dpi. If he hasn't then they're gonna need replacing as simply upscaling resolution doesn't work very well.

Can you also have a look at Slash000's WWF Warzone. It's really crappy with blurred text on the rear along with typed over text in other blocks. As I submitted a clean US version of the box I think it would pay to delete it as I can probably get a clean replacement PAL cover and no way would someone print this one out in it's present state. Shame I didn't notice it before I sold my mint PAL box off ..... sigh[/QUOTE]

I'll double check those and let you guys know.

[quote name='Snowcone']I'll hold off on posting the AJNrules covers until they have been fixed. Everything else is uploaded and posted, but I need to find out if the user Bratwurst is uploading replacement covers for the ones he posted.[/quote]

[quote name='AJNrules']Okay. I figured out how to change the resolution of my scanner and redid the Pokemon Puzzle League box under what my scanner claims to be 600dpi, and I've uploaded it again. If it's still bad, then let me know and I'll raise the resolution once again.[/quote]

I do not have the link, but Snowcone can you check it out?

I am currently updating the N64 List.

SMMM, the thread was deleted a month ago by a Nintendo Mod because he said that I was advertising (w/e), because I put the links to the Snackbar games cover page and a link to this thread.

[quote name='AJNrules']Okay. I figured out how to change the resolution of my scanner and redid the Pokemon Puzzle League box under what my scanner claims to be 600dpi, and I've uploaded it again. If it's still bad, then let me know and I'll raise the resolution once again.[/quote]

I do not have the link, but Snowcone can you check it out?

N64 List Updated

SMMM, the thread was deleted a month ago by a Nintendo Mod because he said that I was advertising (w/e), because I put the links to the Snackbar games cover page and a link to this thread.

[quote name='4tygames']I do not have the link, but Snowcone can you check it out?

N64 List Updated

SMMM, the thread was deleted a month ago by a Nintendo Mod because he said that I was advertising (w/e), because I put the links to the Snackbar games cover page and a link to this thread.[/QUOTE]

I'll check it out in a bit. I have pretty much wiped this computer clean of all my software and apps in preparation for not being here anymore.

Here is the new one:

[quote name='AJNRules'] Yeah. It's here: Pokemon Puzzle League

Yeah...it's kind of disconcerting, because for the last scan, you said it was 96dpi, but my scanner said 200, so I'm not sure where the inconsistencies come from.
16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
[/quote]

[quote name='4tygames']Here is the new one:[/QUOTE]

1. It looks exactly the same
2. It's still 96dpi

seems like the scans are coming in at the right dpi, but he's not saving the cover as such.

[quote name='SMMM']1. It looks exactly the same
2. It's still 96dpi

seems like the scans are coming in at the right dpi, but he's not saving the cover as such.[/quote]

4tygames ..... ask him if he uses Paintshop Pro ..... if he does I can provide instructions on ways around it ..... essentially if he downloads a pic from Snack-bar he can easily paste each part into a selection without affecting the 300dpi of the base picture......

I know what he MAY be doing. When he creates the 3366x2100 canvas he's not changed it from the default 96dpi in the preferences. So although he may have his scanner set to 300dpi it auto's it down to 96dpi when pasted into the canvas.

Otherwise .... if we can get the raw scan's I'll do it .... although it would be much better for the cause if someone else is also doing conversions.

Another thing .... your post looks like you are posting a new cover but then the only link is the one inside the quotes from the previous post. So ....was that correct or maybe you forgot to put in a link to the new post and we haven't seen his new corrected cover?

also, why don't you tell AJNrules to just get an account here so we can talk to him directly?

and, I'm eyeing a box lot on ebay that's ending soon. It's 11 boxes, but only 2 that we don't have (Mystical Ninja and Monopoly, both US). But I need that Ninja box, so I'll try to win it.

edit: I won it. Finally!!!

TheValeman: Sadly, that was the new link he gave me. Hopefully your solution will fix the problem.

I messaged him asking to join and hopefully he will because we would love to have him around here :).

Sorry for the late response, I was in Oklahoma yesterday getting ready for school this fall.

[quote name='ZForce915']A shiny nickel to the person that can upload Snowboard Kids 2![/QUOTE]

http://cgi.ebay.com/N64-GAME-SNOWBO...ryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you really want it, $27.50 shipped. And good luck finding another one anytime soon.

I also found another guy that has a few complete games we don't have scans for if anyone is interested. I might buy them, but it depends on how my current money situation is. I just spent $25 on the last auction.

Rampage 2
Toy Story 2
Mickey's Speedway USA

also, sorry for the double post.

bread's done
Back