Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm - Gen Discussion & Info

if this game only covers episodes 1-135 well we see a DLC for episodes 136 -

[quote name='AiNoKame']All right, I'm going to say it (don't hit me!): Does anyone have an extra Storm Pack 2 code? Not having it and calling the Shizune pack on PSN Storm Pack 3 is like rubbing it in. And yes, I made a $5 offer in the trade forum![/QUOTE]

do u have pack 1 code

and is the pack 2 from gamestop

I played some last night and I must say I really enjoyed the game, plus if I must mention again the manga is really fueling my desire for naruto right now. and yes I must say not having storm pack 2 is really rubbing it in as well.

Yeah, didn't much like their review, but oh well.

If Soul Calibur/Tekken/Virtua Fighter are for the "big kids," I think I'll stay in the kiddie pool.

For anyone that ordered it in-store with GS, did they give you a card for Storm Pack 1, or was it stuck in/on the game case?

I haven't opened mine yet, and I wanted to know if anyone received their SP1 code in-pack or separately.

Oh, that GT review was amusing (Ko-NO-ha, Sa-SU-ke, and Na-RU-to = I think he had the volume off while he was playing...), but I'm surprised they didn't mention the blind cannon launches when your back is up against a wall. But come on, it should've gotten a better score than that!

Storm Packs 1 and 2 are available at Gamestop and GameCrazy, respectively. They aren't included inside the game case. And here's a tip: DON'T BUY THEM ON EBAY. I mean, why buy them when you can get them for free? :cool:

Here's how I got my Storm Pack 2 code (finally!): Call up a bunch of GameCrazy stores and ask them if they can tell you the code over the phone. Took me 5 minutes on my third try. Whoo! The guy seemed a little pissed, but hey, I got a code. :bouncy: So if you don't have Storm Pack 1 either, call up a Gamestop or 3. Good luck!

[quote name='shrike4242']For anyone that ordered it in-store with GS, did they give you a card for Storm Pack 1, or was it stuck in/on the game case?

I haven't opened mine yet, and I wanted to know if anyone received their SP1 code in-pack or separately.[/quote]

Yeah, you have to get them separately. It seemed like they didn't really know about them...I picked the game up the day after release and they hadn't even opened the card pack yet.

I really enjoyed the demo. It is a beautiful, fun game, and I wish they would release this series on the 360. :whistle2:( Broken Bond is beyond (Beyond!) terrible.

[quote name='Chase']I really enjoyed the demo. It is a beautiful, fun game, and I wish they would release this series on the 360. :whistle2:( Broken Bond is beyond (Beyond!) terrible.[/QUOTE]They can't. Naruto on each console is a different publisher. D3/Tomy on Nintendo, Ubi Soft on Xbox, and Namco Bandai with PlayStation. Bleach is the same way too (Sega does Nintendo while Sony does PlayStation).

I was thinking about calling up a few Gamecrazys myself looking for an extra storm pack code. lol thanks for the advice I am sooo doing this tomorrow afternoon.

I think my love for little big planet has carried over to this game. so simple yet I am addicted to it. lol

[quote name='brighenne']Yeah, you have to get them separately. It seemed like they didn't really know about them...I picked the game up the day after release and they hadn't even opened the card pack yet.[/quote]My GS didn't have a clue about them, and they didn't have any of them handy when I picked it up Thursday night before getting GeOW2 on Friday.

They seemed to think it was in-pack, though I wouldn't expect it to be in-pack, in case some of their initial shipment were sitting on the shelf for a while.

Guess I'm calling them tomorrow or Monday to see if they arrived yet.

Also, I'm betting the codes are unique, like the other pre-order bonus items for the PS3. Feh.

[quote name='AiNoKame']Here's how I got my Storm Pack 2 code (finally!): Call up a bunch of GameCrazy stores and ask them if they can tell you the code over the phone. Took me 5 minutes on my third try. Whoo! The guy seemed a little pissed, but hey, I got a code. :bouncy: So if you don't have Storm Pack 1 either, call up a Gamestop or 3. Good luck![/quote]What exactly did you tell them when you called them? I'd be surprised if they just offered it up over the phone without getting some concrete info about you having the pre-order at the respective store.

This looks good. I think I'll pick it up when it's $30 or below.

And for those not liking the review, from what I've seen/heard, it's like the Dynasty Warriors series. Those who love it aren't going to mind the same game with minor updates, and those that don't are gonna score it low and complain about the similar gameplay.

You guys think it's still possible at this point to get the LE version of the game and get the exclusive storm pack 2 from Game Crazy? I would call but my local GC is closed >,< Thanks in advance.

It's DLC you get from either GameCrazy or GameStop. Don't worry about it. They'll release it for us later (no use in not doing so).

I've only been able to play a bit of this, but after my friend and I get tired of Gears, I can imagine we're gonna be doing some heavy playing of this. Ahhh, I am so psyched to use Hinata. I never knew I was a Narutard until this game. ;_;

[quote name='DarkSageRK']It's DLC you get from either GameCrazy or GameStop. Don't worry about it. They'll release it for us later (no use in not doing so).

I've only been able to play a bit of this, but after my friend and I get tired of Gears, I can imagine we're gonna be doing some heavy playing of this. Ahhh, I am so psyched to use Hinata. I never knew I was a Narutard until this game. ;_;[/quote]
I think both Packs 1 & 2 will be available for general release around 11/4/09. The Pack 2 card says it entitles one time use on the download prior to general release. So, 11/4/09 is the magic date on the card.

I think that was just to give you one year to claim it. I don't know, I somehow doubt that they'll be releasing dlc for this game that far into the future.

in the 2 packs do you get fully playable characters or just support characters?this is a cool game as far as a competent anime based fighter goes but they dragged ass all over the wolrd of konoha stuff.

reminds me of the village in twilight princess. plenty of people to see but very little worthwhile interaction.at the very least they could have allowed you to go into buildings and see all of konoha including the uchia and hyuga areas. if theyd cut out the story portion added more characters and moves and added online play the game would have been a hit. its still gonna be a hit as is but you cant help but think it can be alot better.

Pretty much what I expected. (Referring to that review.)

RoaN was a mindless playthrough. Storm looks to be the same kind of deal, with a nicer coat of paint. I'm probably going to wait until it hits $30 before I pick it up.

[quote name='Rig']Pretty much what I expected. (Referring to that review.)

RoaN was a mindless playthrough. Storm looks to be the same kind of deal, with a nicer coat of paint. I'm probably going to wait until it hits $30 before I pick it up.[/quote]

yeah buy it cheap because the only reason you will play the mission mode is to unlock the other characters which many have cool finishing moves and as a fighter its damn good but thats all it should have been. it reminds me of a 3d version of those bleach games on ds. i was dissappointed by the lack of voice acting too when talking to characters in the konoha world.

Played through 40 rounds with a friend last night. We only stopped because I had homework due in the morning.

True, I wouldn't recommend it as a purchase for someone who's not into Naruto, but if you are, and you have a friend, this is a great pick.

Does anyone here experience a grating sound sometimes when you win a fight? It's not all the time, but when you get to the screen showing you as the victor, the screen shakes, and you get this loud sound. Sounds like a rapid-fire explosion? And it's pretty loud that I had to either mute or quickly turn down the volume. Hard to explain, really.

I'm hoping it's just a glitch as opposed to a defective disk? Other than that, the disk plays fine. Any input appreciated. Thanks.

Yep, I get the same thing, but only when I end on naruto's ultimate move thing. It sounds like the crashing of the move stuttering to me.

happened to me a few times as well.

-I also feel stupid because I went through the trouble 2 times to get codes from gamecrazy for the second hokage, not realizing that those codes expired on 11/4/08

good then i wasnt the only one that had happened to. i figured that nose was due to the kind of ps3 i have good to know its not lol. question were the hokages playable or just support characters?

Thanks for the feedback! I was already thinking of getting the disc exchanged. Oh well, it's more of an annoyance really, but would be nice if Namco Bandai fixed it.

Thanks again!

like someone said before, the DLC they are giving away is just unlocking what is already in the game. The file sizes are like 100 KB. I am not complaining just stated what I have observed as well.

Great game still. almost finished completely. Hide n seek missions are soo annoying.

As long as they keep it free for awhile longer i'm fine with that, but I do hope they at least expand the main character list at some point.

I got a few hours into it and I'm really liking it. I easily lose track of time while playing. I had some problems with one mission, but I got passed.

cool so after anko and the sound 4, do you think they will release the 2 hokage packs as well. cause it does feel like my game is missing something by not having the second hokage available for support.

just gotta finish like 4 more missions and I will have the game at 100 percent. the stupid hide and seek missions and the last naruto jumping mission from jiraiya. I will start pluggin away again because I do want that 100 percent so I can move back onto uncharted for the trophies.

i really want the hokage packs definetly would have been cool to use orochimaru and have the 1st and 2nd as support characters. btw where do you all find out who theyre releasing each month as dlc? alot of the mission stuff i hated in this game but as a fighting game its really fun but it will be a while before i buy it again (when it reaches 20 to 30 bucks).

[quote name='silent h3ro']I want this game badly, but I can't afford to buy it right now. I take it this game has trophies since it is a PS3 exclusive?[/quote]

nope no trophies.

Is this game worth waiting until it drops to $30 or $20?

The demo is pretty nice, but the game doesn't seem to be worth $40 from what I played so far.

I'm the kind of person who bit on DBZ Burst Limit for $20. Basically, does Ninja Storm play in a similar vain (as a simplified fighter)?

I paid $60 and felt it was worth it, because I have local friends to play it with. If you've waited this long, however, you may as well just wait until it hits $30 or lower.

Hmm, thanks DarkSage for the input. I don't have too many people to play it with, so I guess I'll wait even more. Is there online play?

No online play and really I felt at most the game was worth 30. As far as a Naruto fighter goes the gamecube/wii part of the franchise is still king to me.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']I paid $60 and felt it was worth it, because I have local friends to play it with. If you've waited this long, however, you may as well just wait until it hits $30 or lower.[/quote]

the missions are very repetitive not just that theyre boring but you will end up having to do many of he same missions more than once hell honestly more than 3 or 4 times in some cases. the boss battles are cool but again they are all kind of the same only different. like coolsteel mentioned no online play.

just for the fighting game its a good 20 to 30 dollar game imo. after i played it i wondered why they didnt just cut out the story mode and focus more on the fighting game and adding more characters. the collection aspect of the game can be a drag too. id say rent it or borrow it first before buying it ful price.

bread's done
Back