NBA 2K11 - General Discussion & Info

I just played my first game of NBA 2k11, and I'm impresses... especially with the passing game... man if it's not clear to pass the ball don't pass it cause the defenders finally have hands and arms (that are willing to stop passes). I think I might start a season... I've never played seasons on any basketball game.

My issue with the game is the Jordan Challenges are too short! 8 minute quarters basically makes you cheese the whole game, rushing to score points. I read that the PC users are able to change that length, a mistake that we can't as well.

[quote name='seen']My issue with the game is the Jordan Challenges are too short! 8 minute quarters basically makes you cheese the whole game, rushing to score points. I read that the PC users are able to change that length, a mistake that we can't as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have to admit, I tend to just run isos with Jordan and rape the soul out of opposing defenders. Even when the challenge isn't to score a huge point total, it's just easier (not to mention more fun) scoring with MJ than anyone else on the team. But luckily, I feel like the Jordan Challenges are just the tip of the iceberg with this game. After that, you can take Jordan through My Player, and depending on how brutally they grade him, that COULD be fun. Also, just playing with the different Bulls teams when you don't have set goals to meet is a blast. If the Jordan Challenges were the only times you got to play as those teams, I could see being upset though. Craig Hodges and Jud Buechler need love too! :)

Well I had a chance today to try a retail leaked version of what was nba elite 11.

Wow.. what was it bad.. I mean freakin horrible..players just glided around..animations were crappy... players lacked detail.. i can keep going and going,. ball physics are horrible

I feel bad for anyone that was going to buy this game.

[quote name='guyver2077']Well I had a chance today to try a retail leaked version of what was nba elite 11.

Wow.. what was it bad.. I mean freakin horrible..players just glided around..animations were crappy... players lacked detail.. i can keep going and going,. ball physics are horrible

I feel bad for anyone that was going to buy this game.[/QUOTE]

Nba Elite got delayed till next year.

[quote name='dizzlle01']Nba Elite got delayed till next year.[/QUOTE]

No way! Really???

Maybe that's why he said "of what was" and "was going to buy".

Ya think?

[quote name='dizzlle01']Nba Elite got delayed till next year.[/QUOTE]

I know that.. and I see why... the final product was complete garbage.

[quote name='$hady']I guess i'm that guy.... I hate the game this year. HATE it... I didn't play the demo just bought it at release just like every year at release. Went straight online as that's 99% of my NBA 2K game time and got a huge how-do-you-do. LOL everything changed everything.

I'm more of a college fan than a pro fan. I prefer and play a straight run and gun aggressive game on offense and defense with an athletic team. My play style is totally raped this year. Defense was the most fun last year and they totally changed it to just playing lanes and playing space... Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Thats because you have to play real basketball.

I finally finished up the last Jordan Challenge earlier tonight. I saved the 90-91 NBA Finals for last...not because I thought it would be hard, but just due to it being lengthy. It was almost sad finishing it because I actually had the same feeling as when I complete a game. That "Aww man...that's it. The End" feeling. The Jordan mode could basically be a standalone game for me, and I would have bought it, haha.

Maybe it's because I grew up as a kid idolizing Jordan during the 90s, but this game is everything I've ever dreamed of in a basketball game. I've recreated Bulls championship runs on Tecmo NBA Basketball for the NES to NBA Live 97 (featuring Mitch Richmond on the cover, dammit) on SNES, but what NBA 2K11 does is fill in all the blanks that I used to have to supply with my imagination back then. It's unbelievable how enjoyable it is.

I've probably spent 40 minutes with current players and 9 hours with my 90s heroes thus far, and playing through the past teams has reminded me how big a fan I was of some of the role players too. Bombing 3's with BJ Armstrong or Steve Kerr when the defense tries to double Jordan is awesome. Just dagger after dagger. And holy crap! 97-98 Toni Kukoc is a motherfucker! I almost think he's better than Pippen. He hits from everywhere!

On the flipside, it was also uncanny how quickly my bitter hatred for certain rivals flared up again. I seriously had forgotten how much of a pain in the ass Danny Ainge was. That little fucker was on every damn team Jordan came up against! There's not even a Jordan Challenge for the 92-93 Finals when he was on the Suns, but he was on Boston in 86 and Portland in 92...and that son of a bitch never misses! I just want to punch him in the face!

Even unlocking the damn Air Jordans is addictive as hell (I think I've got 17 of 40 now...still no XI's though :cry:). I guess now that I've finished the Jordan Challenges, I can finally give the modern portion of the game some attention. Pretty amazing that a "side feature" can distract you so much from the main game. How the hell did EA ever think they were going to compete this year? lol

[quote name='yukine']The exclusion of the 92-93 Suns is unfortunate, guess I'll have to wait for the DLC? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really hope there are more Jordan moments as DLC. I did read that the exclusion of "The Shot" against Cleveland was a tough one for them to leave out as well.

+ 1,000 points for Nate mentioning Mitch Richmond being on the cover of NBA Live 97. Not sure if that's because I mentioned it not too long ago or not, but I thought I was the only one who remembered that. It was my first NBA Live game tha I actually owned, and I think the back of the box advertised it as being the first with Shaq. Generic brown sprite in crappy looking yellow jersey with #34 on it? OMFG YES!!!

Is anyone else loosing My Player games like crazy? It seems to me that the game really wants to make sure your guy is the next Jordan by dumbing down your team mates. Yeah, I am scoring 30-40 points regularly but Joe Johnson cant seem to hit a open jumper to save his life.

It could be that I am playing for bad teams but damn do my team mates suck, I am getting blown out in most games. Sim/HOF recently Sim/Superstar with 7min qrt.

Any insight?

^I've noticed the same thing in my player; all your teammates are scrubs and they rely on you to carry the team.

did not think about that... hope all well theres more jordan moment dlc or atleast additional teams..

Or they will prob wait until 2k12

[quote name='guyver2077']or stomping the 95-96 bulls with this year's heat :drool:

Either way.. Can't wait for this game!!![/quote]
you crazy as hell!

[quote name='Matt Young']+ 1,000 points for Nate mentioning Mitch Richmond being on the cover of NBA Live 97. Not sure if that's because I mentioned it not too long ago or not, but I thought I was the only one who remembered that. It was my first NBA Live game tha I actually owned, and I think the back of the box advertised it as being the first with Shaq. Generic brown sprite in crappy looking yellow jersey with #34 on it? OMFG YES!!![/QUOTE]

I know for sure Shaq was in Live 95 for SNES. Another awesome fact, I remember Mitch Richmond was on the cover of Live 97 because.....wait for it.... I have it for PC. OH YEAH BITCHES!

Apaprently, it wasn't the first game to have Shaq, but rather the only game that year to have Shaq:

NBA Live has SHAQ!

* Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley appeared as "Roster Players" as they could not be included due to licensing issues. Shaquille O'Neal's presence in the game was one of the key features as Shaq did not appear in any other NBA video games released at the same time for similar legal reasons.

This game is good, but jump shots are WAY too damn hard to make. I'm missing open jumpers with good shooters way to much. Other than that the only only complaint I have is the controls seem just a little less responsive than in years past.

[quote name='yukine']The exclusion of the 92-93 Suns is unfortunate, guess I'll have to wait for the DLC? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I would also have liked to of had the Pacers teams the Bulls had to beat in the late 90's, but since Reggie Miller threw a block to being put in NBA Jam I doubt he would have signed the deal to be in 2K.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I would also have liked to of had the Pacers teams the Bulls had to beat in the late 90's, but since Reggie Miller threw a block to being put in NBA Jam I doubt he would have signed the deal to be in 2K.[/QUOTE]I'd pay $10 to have that along with some added Jordan moments between the Bulls/Pacers. I'd like to replay that game with Reggie shoving Jordan off the screen to hit a 3 and Jordan coming back to have a 3 rim out at the buzzer to win the game.

[quote name='Matt Young']Apaprently, it wasn't the first game to have Shaq, but rather the only game that year to have Shaq:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it couldnt have been the first game w/ Shaq. At the very least, Shaq was in EA NBA games since NBA Showdown (name change from what could have been Bulls Vs Suns) back in '93. We used to play it all the time my freshman yr in college (93-94) on the Genesis (yes, I still have it ;)). The best thing about it was if you were playing a s the Magic and did Shaq's signature dunk driving straight down the lane, there was a good chance that you'd shatter the backboard. Whenever anyone would do that, whoever got dunked on had to take a lot of shit. (BTW: Shaq wasn't the only one who could break the backboard; at least Shawn Kemp of the Supersonics could too. But Shaq's seemed the most frequent).

I would assume that Shaq was also in the next year's NBA Live ('94, but it wasnt branded with the year til NBA Live '95).

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I'd pay $10 to have that along with some added Jordan moments between the Bulls/Pacers. I'd like to replay that game with Reggie shoving Jordan off the screen to hit a 3 and Jordan coming back to have a 3 rim out at the buzzer to win the game.[/QUOTE]

This! I was just watching my Jordan: To The Max DVD after beating all the Jordan Challenges (haha, had to have more Jordan goodness). And they really highlighted that game. It was Game 4 of the 97-98 Eastern Conference Finals. That Pacers team was nasty! They had Miller, Chris Mullin, Jalen Rose, Mark Jackson, Rik Smits (who wouldn't want to play as Rik freaking Smits?!?!), Dale Davis, Antonio Davis, etc. That's a great choice for a Jordan DLC. So far, we've got two.

Game 6 - 92-93 NBA Finals - Phoenix Suns
Game 4 - 97-98 Eastern Conference Finals - Indiana Pacers

I would spend points on those.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']

Game 6 - 92-93 NBA Finals - Phoenix Suns
Game 4 - 97-98 Eastern Conference Finals - Indiana Pacers

I would spend points on those.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully someone will just build the teams and put them up for download. That's the one thing I loved when I was playing 2k9, people putting teams together for the downloads. I had all the Olympic teams and there was a best of each team download (awesome). Having all the best players of all time on each team.

Edit: just downloaded an all time roster for 10 teams. Currently playing with the Lakers and their starting five are Magic, Kobe, Worthy, Gasol and Shaq. I would have liked to have Kareem and Wilt but this is still fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a very epic moment the other night.
I was in OT at home against the Knicks. Derrick Rose was getting and 1 after and 1 after and 1. Finally, with about 30 seconds left, after one of his and 1's put me ahead by 5, the fans started chanting "MVP!!"

[quote name='seen']^Is that English; I can't comprehend that.[/QUOTE]

And 1 = making the basket while being fouled (see also: hoop and the harm). The way he words it is a little odd, but I figured out what he was saying.

Thanks, I think his lack of capitalization and no punctuation threw me off.

I finally beat Jordan mode, and I had to say it was a cheese fest. Once I got the idea to ISO frequently it lead to most of my points. I haven't played the Jordan mode as I'm not a big fan of the My Player mode.

Haven't used this code since I am trying to beat the challenge but figured some might use it:

• Play as rookie Michael Jordan (MJ: Creating A Legend) Enter "icanbe23" as a code to unlock MJ: Creating A Legend, which allows you to play as rookie Michael Jordan. He starts off with 79 overall, 10,000 skill points, and 10 drills. Note: You can do Create A Legend mode without completing the Jordan Challenges by using this code.

WAY to many fucking quitters online. I always take my loss like a man, but the two or three I manage to take leads into the fourth quarter on and these asswipes quit.

Weird thing is that my record still says 0-0. What's up with that? I've played at least 10 ranked games.

So, does the 360 version support Stereoscopic 3D? I read online that the PS3 version from Best Buy was exclusive for 3D, which sounds suspect to me.

The 360 version has stereoscopic, red/cyan, and I think magenta/green (?) 3D modes. The quality of depth using red/cyan is actually pretty impressive, but of course it makes the colors look like shit.

I have beenplaying this game again the last couple days, and after giving My Player another chance following my first attempt at OTP, I'm actually liking it.

I loved those black Bulls jerseys with the red pinstripes, but amongst my friends from Illinois, I'm in the minority on that view. Of course the current "Chicago" black alternate is in the game.

Is there any way to get around only having 10 created team slots? I tried to make 2 seperate rosters but I came back to the first one and all my downloaded teams were gone. I edited a lot of them so I wasn't about to try doing that again. Pretty disappointing if it's not something I messed up on my part. Wanted to get a file for 90's teams, all time teams, college teams, and the misc stuff like the pot heads and jail bait teams haha. Wish they would have just let you download as many as you want as long as you have the HD space of course.

bread's done
Back