NCAA Online Dynasty

Throwing this out to you guys if you love NCAA. Check out onlinedynasty.net The NDL in a full-sim NCAA league that has been going on for 27 seasons (year 9 now irl) Full stats, awards, boards, etc. Check it out and if you'd like to join, we have spots in the farm. Can put Uuaww in the referral section. This is sim football with rules but its awesome.
Cool, thanks for the tip..I might take a look at it.

Got my ass kicked again. I think playing only once per week on heisman difficulty is really catching up to me. Anyways, 49-35 loss to Illinois tonight. Oh well. 

No problem Boosted.  You weren't holding it up, we only advanced it Sunday so we're in line with our Sunday/Thursday model.  Just letting you know.

I definitely am looking forward to doing a Madden league with the three of us.  If you know another good owner that's interested let us know.  I love the idea that we can play with guys in NCAA and import them into Madden, particularly with the RPG like upgrading that they added to Madden last year for players.  I'm already interested in drafting some of the guys that are excelling in our league (speaking of which, did Manziel get hurt?  I've noticed he's not at the top of any of the stats lists nor the Heisman race.  It'll be interesting to see if he leaves Texas A&M in our game like we all know he will in real life after this year).

What NFL teams do you guys root for or potentially want to play as?  I'm a Jets fan, unfortunately.  I will likely play as them too because I like torturing myself.

Advanced. 8-2 Michigan at 9-1 Iowa. Iowa #7, Mich #10. Nebraska took over #1.

Let me know when you're available to play Yanks. I might be around tomorrow night. Probably not Thursday. Should be around Friday night too. After that I may go away for the weekend and Labor Day.

Wow, can't wait for our game and then to matchup with Nebraska right after. I hope they don't lose, I want the opportunity to knock off #1. Not that it will really matter if you beat me CC. What times are you available tonight? I am in EST.

I am a huge Packer fan, though if you guys choose your favorites, I can take another team to be more balanced.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also EST. I have a fantasy football draft at 8:30 tonight I believe, so I'll be available from whenever I get home from work (maybe 6:30?) until 8:30. Ill potentially be around after the draft but it's 14 teams with no time limit to pick, so it could take two hours or four, every year is different.

You should take the Packers if you want them. The teams will balance a season or two down the line hopefully, plus Lions and Packers are in the same division. Maybe I should go Bears or Vikings if you do go with GB so we can all be in the same division.

I already know I will be working late, so probably won't be home in time to play before your draft. Lets plan on Fri night..around 10pm?

If Boosted is cool, I will take the Pack, it will save me the need of having an offline franchise. If you could stomach either the Bears or the Vikings, it would be awesome to all be in the same division. It has worked pretty nice with NCAA.

Yanks, I'm probably looking to play later tonight. I'm no longer going away for the weekend so if you can't play late night we can still do it over the weekend.

Can't yet, I'm sorry. Ill definitely be on a bit later, and likely quite a bit tomorrow too if its too late when I finally get there. I'm sorry. Ill keep you posted.

Yanks, my fault entirely last night. I'll be online at various times today, so sign in whenever you are free and I'll drop whatever else I'm playing.

Enjoy boosted. Yanks, 3 or 4pm would be perfect if you happen to be around. Basically I'll be out for dinner but should be around before that and probably late night.

Been watching college football and particularly, the Iowa Hawkeyes right now. :D

I can play later tonight though, around 10:30pm or so.

Very good game man. I can't wait to play you again next season or in madden. If not for your goal line fumble near the half it'd be a totally different game. Your TE play is ridiculously good.

For boosted's sake:
Michigan 24 - Iowa 14

Yea, it was a good game. I knew I would lose when I didn't score in the first half, despite controlling the ball well. Once the fumble came, you made me pay and continued to convert on me when you needed to. At least I was able to come back and get within three before the last drive.

Just so you are aware, I'll be away Thursday through Sunday afternoon this coming week (going down to Miami for the Canes-Gators game !). Lets try to advance it Tuesday or Wednesday before I leave so you guys can play, although I think I may play boosted next week.

Also, I haven't purchased madden yet, but probably will when I get back from Florida next week, so maybe we will set up the madden league at that time. In fact, the timing should be pretty good because we likely need to finish year 1 of NCAA before starting year 1 of madden in order to import the draft class.

So how are we going to handle the leagues once we add Madden in? I am envisioning two possible scenarios..

Scenario A

• We finish this season of NCAA, import draft class in and continue both leagues simutaneously, playing as often as we can
or

Scenario B

• We finish this season of NCAA, import draft class in and concentrate on completing a season of Madden. We then return to NCAA one that season is completed
Thoughts on that? I don't know where I stand to be honest.

my gaming time is really going down quite quickly. I am not even sure how much time I would be able to put towards a Madden league. I am sure that other people would join a madden league so I might just stay with the NCAA league and sell my Madden slot. If CC isn't against gamesharing maybe he would like to purchase my slot for Madden 25. He was gonna buy it anyways for $60 so getting it from me for $20 might be a better option.

Noooooooooooooo

Seriously, hope its for a good reason and not something bad. We can move forward with Madden and if you ever want to hop in at a later date, just let us know.

So we can do both leagues simultaneously, with just me and CC advancing Madden.

Yeah we will do it simultaneously under the circumstances, which is probably the way I'd vote for it anyhow.  I never thought about option B, but it is an interesting one that would keep things fresh.  I'm just glad boosted is staying on board for NCAA.  He messaged me that he was starting a new job, so I wish you luck boosted.

As for gameshare, as I told boosted, I've never done it and don't know how it works.  I'll probably just buy it myself because I'm paranoid that I'm breaking a rule and will be forever banned by sony, but I also want to know how it works, whether you're able to go online despite sharing it, whether it's allowed or not, and whether you earn your own trohpies.  I'm not a completionist, but at the same time I'd be lying if I said I didn't look at trophies.  If it's a game that I like and want to keep playing, I'm happy to have goals beyond beating the campaign as long as they aren't a grind.  The second it becomes a grind, I'm out.  On that same note, if there's ever a game that either of you want to co-op with and I have it or want to play it, then I'd be interested.  I just recently played my first co-op, Far Cry 3, with a friend and had a blast with it.

Total side note here since I've already started a non-football gaming rant, do either of you own a Vita and 1) do you like it and 2) do you find it gives you more time to play?  I think we're all in our 30's here (or close to it?  I'm not the oldest am I?) and I never thought of getting a Vita until they announced that you'd be able to play PS4 games on it in the house while the TV is tuned to something else (and yesterday I read that you should be able to stream PS3 games to it starting in 2014 which would be terrific).  The lightbulb suddenly went on and I realized that I could get a Vita to play while watching sports or when my girlfriend wants to watch one of her shows, and now I am suddenly extremely interested.  Either of you do this or find that it helps you find more time to play?

You're able to do everything with a gameshare that you can with a copy of the game. You have a license for the game, you download it from the PSN store, just like you would with any digital purchase. You play it from your personal account and you earn trophies to your account just like any other game. If you ever want to give it a shot, either of us would be able to help.

I don't think I have cooped anything on the PS3 before because I don't have a mic to use, but I can try to rectify that if there is an awesome coop experience to be had. I just finished Gears Judgment on the 360 and would coop that with someone cool if anyone ever wants to. I do still have a mic on that.

As for the Vita, both me and Boosted have one. I love mine, it is awesome to have so many PS3 like experiences on the go and as you mentioned, well soon be able to stream actual console games too. The OLED screen just pops too, it looks amazing. I highly recommend picking one up, especially if you already have Plus.

Great endorsement for the Vita. Ill almost definitely be picking one up by the end of the year, especially if remote play is supported as they say it will be.

Seems like we hit a bit of a lull this past week, no one's fault in particular as it took us all a while to play. I think boosted is the only one left so let's say Sunday night we advance it and hopefully boosted can get a game in before then?

And by the way, yeah, I have Plus which makes it a really tempting. Having Uncharted and others pre-paid for makes it an easier decision.

Vita is a no question thing that you should get. I never regretted mine for a second. Look for a really good condition used Vita. I picked mine up for about $140 a few months back. That came with a game and a 8GB memory card.

I will get my game in before sunday no question. It will probably be tomorrow.

I think Boosted is gonna drop from the league :(

I think we are safe to advance.

Edit - I do have someone that wants to join our Madden group, and wants the Bears, so we could still try a NFC Central division that we were gonna do.

You can advance. I actually sold my gameshare to yanksfan so I will be dropping from the league. I am sorry to do it but my time is just so limited that I really cannot put the proper time into the league.

I'm really sorry to hear that boosted. If you ever want to rejoin, you know where to find us. I'm advancing it right now. Yanks, if your friend wants to join for madden that's great. If it was just going to me you and me I probably would've taken the Jets, but if we have a 3rd and he is in the same division as you then I'll probably take the Lions. Do you and he have the game yet? As this is CAG, I've been waiting for a sale but I could just take the plunge this week if everyone's ready to go. I'm itching to get it anyway. (I appreciate the game share offers but am just going to get the disc, thanks though)

He's from CAG and gameshared Madden as well, so I offered to have him join. I will hit him up. His username on here is plvl,

We both have Madden and are ready to go. It is on sale this week @ Target for $50, that will prob be your best bet.

Picked it up. If your friend wants to join just tell him to post his psn name here so we can invite him.

Played my game against #1 NEB. Had connection issues, but it finally evened out. I was 0-4 passing to start the game, then completed 5 in a row to drive down to the goal line, before throwing a crucial INT. However, I was able to contain the read option decently enough and held them to 2 FGs until late in the game. With a 14-6 lead, I kicked off to NEB with about 2 mins remaining and they preceded to march down the field. On 4th and goal with 2 seconds left, they converted a TD and then a 2 pt conversion to tie the game and send it to OT. I converted on my first pass for 12 yards, but was sacked and stuffed on every other play, before missing a heartbreaking 37 yard FG. My defense stood up the Neb offense once again, but they were able to convert their FG to win the game, 17-14 in 1 OT. So, so sad, but it was a pretty fun game.

As for Madden, if you want to set up the league CC, I think we are ready.

Me - Packers

plvl - Bears

CC - Lions

I am looking forward to finally playing some Madden (haven't played a single game of it yet).

Welcome plvl. We may need to finish the NCAA season first to import the college players. I'm about to play my final regular season game. Week 15 I have a bye and then a bowl game I imagine. I haven't played madden yet either, so we're both going in fresh yanks. I'll post when done playing Ohio st.

Lost to Ohio st 31-14. Disappointing end to the regular season. Advanced.

Update: I am ranked 16 in the BCS. Iowa is 14th. We both were 9-3 and have a bye this week. The bowl projections have me slated to play Georgia (12th) in the Capital One Bowl. Iowa is projected to play unbanked Auburn in the Gator Bowl. We will see if those projections change after our byes. Florida and Nebraska are slated to play inthe National Championship.

I am doing my recruiting now yanks. Let me know when you are ready to advance.

By the way, it looks like I may have time tomorrow night to set up Madden. We'll see how far I can get into the process before the import is required.

bread's done
Back