NEOGEO X GOLD Limited Edition $99.99 @BestBuy

[quote name='atx 6speed']They threw a few labels on mine and shipped it. I can't even say that I'm not opening it because the damn thing is already open. Best Buy is going to have it tomorrow:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='atx 6speed']Nope, no joke:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gldoorii']how idiotic.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I guess I got lucky. My order was shipped in the original shipping box and arrived in semi-flawless condition.

They gave me a $70 giftcard and will refund my money. Maybe I'll pick it up off of Amazon, or wait til it hits $129.99 over there.

[quote name='Squarehard']Best Buy shipping is generally garbage. Every single DVD/Blu/Game I ever received has come in a plastic mailer for the past 6 months. Totally not surprised they would ship a product like that. Now to see if somebody actually gets a laptop shipped that way. :D[/QUOTE]I had them destroy three Snow White & The Huntsman steelbooks because they packaged them that way. Ended up getting the movie for less than free after credits, plus about $30 worth of gift cards for all the screw ups.

I believe they would ship a laptop that way and they wouldn't be the only one who does that these days.

I'm gonna call and complain to customer service as soon as I get home from work and then return it. I'd love to get a gift card cause I'm pretty pissed that it was shipped like that and in the end doesn't even work.

Edit: So, I called from work cause I'm pretty pissed. They said "hm, odd, sounds like the manufacture's fault...have you called them?" and I'm like wtf?? What do they have to do with how retailers ship these things?? And the lady says "Sorry, I can't help you there. I don't do the packing." Ugh...

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine yesterday in a plastic mailer - I was concerned about the box due to it being rainy outside, but it was well-protected and in perfect shape other than a minor bit on the top of the box that was folded over.

[quote name='Squarehard']Best Buy shipping is generally garbage. Every single DVD/Blu/Game I ever received has come in a plastic mailer for the past 6 months. Totally not surprised they would ship a product like that. Now to see if somebody actually gets a laptop shipped that way. :D[/QUOTE]

You talking unpadded or was it at least a poly bubble mailer?

[quote name='paddlefoot']You talking unpadded or was it at least a poly bubble mailer?[/QUOTE]

Plastic with no padding, like a garbage bag. At least in my experience with bestbuys amazing shipping.

[quote name='Minions']Plastic with no padding, like a garbage bag. At least in my experience with bestbuys amazing shipping.[/QUOTE]

The first Neo Geo X Gold I ordered from BB came in one of those bags. I returned it cause of damage too.

Got mine yesterday, came packed in a Tommo box with air packs around the NeoGeoX box, and in great condition.
I love it so far, I didn't expect it to be perfect so I guess I feel the $100 I paid was worth it. Had it come out for $100 or $150 it may have done better IMHO.

Some tearing but so far I don't think it is as bad as it's made out to be. The screen could be brighter but is still decent to me. If I have any gripes it's the way it connects to the base and the usb ports. I dont like having to line the jacks up without any sort of guide, and the usb ports seem really tight. I thought I was going to break it plugging in the joystick.

Never owned the AES, but had a MVS cabinet for a while. Sure I'd rather have the real thing but I'm not interested in putting down that kind of money right now.

So far I like it alot. We will see how it holds up.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back