Netflix High Definition Streaming Movies List & General Discussion

kevzik

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
http://www.isitinhd.com/ Genres>HD or Watch Instantly>Genres>HD

After doing some reading on the highly anticipated Netflix feature, Ive found that apparently there is no indicator telling a user if a movie/show has HD streaming capabilities.

There's also one other problem. Those 300 or so HD movies aren't labeled as such, so there's no way to know if a video will be in HD until it starts buffering and that little "Presented in HD" icon pops up.
I figured we can generate a list for the time being until this is solved. Please reply with any known HD movies or Shows. I really want to load up my Instant Queue with all the HD content possible.

Notes:

• Mods feel free to update/delete this thread. I can't constantly update every minute, but Ill do my best.
  • You do not need maximum bars to watch HD and when I get HD streams, they're 3 out of the 4 bars with a little grey into the fourth, assuming that means anything. However when I watch season 3 of the office (which is HD), some episodes will be 4 bars DVD (No "Presented in HD" message and it doesn't look as good as the HD ones) while others are 3 bars HD. For me it seems to be pretty sporadic, like all the episodes either aren't HD or the streaming quality requires more bandwith on those particular episodes. - Draekon
  • 4 bars is maximum regardless of quality. The only way you know you're watching the HD version is via the "Presented in HD" message. While you may choose an HD film, you may get the DVD version because your connection is too slow. - Draekon
  • My 'resolution' on my 360 is set to 1920x1080 and I can't change it for whatever reason through my VGA cables. My television probably won't accept anything lower via VGA for whatever reason and I don't plan to try my component cables anytime soon to check to see if I can get those non-HD episodes via 720p or 1080i. - Draekon
Tips:

1) Get an account with Netflix if you don't already have one.
2) Download Netflix from the Video Marketplace and run it.
3) Go to www.netflix.com/activate while signed in and throw in the key the 360 generates when you run Netflix on the 360
4) Add anything from watch instantly on the netflix website and then it'll be on your 360 to stream automatically
5) Choose the video on your 360 from the Netflix app and it'll run the video with the picture quality based off of your download speed.

Movies/Shows:
[quote name='Draekon']Anyways, here's the list of 112 from the HD section in alphabetical order.

2 Days in Paris
30 Rock: Season 1
30 Rock: Season 2
4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days
50 Cent: Refuse to Die
8 Seconds
A Very British Gangster
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
Before the Rains
Bigger Faster Stronger
Blink
Blood Angels
Body of War
Broken English
Cashback
Chained Heat 2
Cheats
Closing Escrow
Color Me Kubrick
Comedians of Comedy: Live at the El Rey
Confessions of a Superhero
Cowboy del Amor
Crazy Love
CSNY Déjà Vu
Dandelion
Dead Man's Shoes
Delta of Venus
Diggers
Down to the Bone
Exiled
Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed
Eye of the Dolphin
Fall from Grace
Fay Grim
Festival Express
Friday Night Lights: Season 1
Girl 27
Graduation
Heroes: Season 1
Heroes: Season 2
Heroes: Season 3
Honeydripper
How I Planned to Kill Tony Blair
I'm Reed Fish
Interstate
Ira & Abby
Iron Eagle 3: Aces
John Waters: This Filthy World
Keane
Kids in America
Kiltro
Klimt
La Vie en Rose
Legacy of the Great Plains
Miracle at Sage Creek
Mister Foe
Mr. Untouchable
Never Say Die/Silent Hunter
Office Tigers
Only Human
Outsourced
Pan's Labyrinth
Perfect 10 Model Boxing: Vol. 1
Please Vote For Me
Puccini for Beginners
Puppy
Rain in the Mountains
Reprise
Running with Arnold
RX
Saint of 9/11
Samoan Wedding
Satan's Little Helper
Severance 2006
Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars
Steal a Pencil for Me
Steel City
Straight into Darkness
Strange Bedfellows
Succubus: Hell-Bent
Sunset Grill
Swimmers
Tears of the Black Tiger
The Air I Breathe
The Architect
The Bituminous Coal Queens of Pennsylvania
The Boston Red Sox Movie
The Business of Being Born
The Devil Came on Horseback
The Great New Wonderful
The Host
The King of Kong
The Office: Season 1
The Office: Season 2
The Office: Season 3
The Office: Season 4
The Quiet Room
The Rape of Europa
The Red Balloon / White Mane
The Signal
The Story of the Weeping Camel
The Thing
The Viking Sagas
Throttle 2005
Tony Bennett: The Music Never Ends
Two Days in April
Under Heavy Fire
Ushpizin
Vince Vaughn's Wild West Comedy Show
Weirdsville
Who the #$&% Is Jackson Pollock?
Widows' Peak
Without the King
[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
does the xbox 360 work without a computer or does you computer need to be hooked to the net for this to work

There is a stand alone box but your computer needs to be hooked into netflix for it to work

[quote name='slidecage']does the xbox 360 work without a computer or does you computer need to be hooked to the net for this to work

There is a stand alone box but your computer needs to be hooked into netflix for it to work[/quote]

No PC required (well, to choose/add movies then you need one...for now at least).

Thanks Smarkbran

So is there any way to tell just by checking netflix.com or something? Will i see an 'HD' symbol on the site or on my 360 when i go to watch a movie?

[quote name='SynGamer']So is there any way to tell just by checking netflix.com or something? Will i see an 'HD' symbol on the site or on my 360 when i go to watch a movie?[/quote]

As of now, neither. The only way of telling will be to play the movie and see that way. I doubt it lasts long though. For now we can make a list.

Ok. I have a problem.

When playing 30 Rock, the "presented in HD" logo never shows up.

Does that mean my connection isn't strong enough?

[quote name='kennistond']Ok. I have a problem.

When playing 30 Rock, the "presented in HD" logo never shows up.

Does that mean my connection isn't strong enough?[/quote]
How many bars (green ones) do you get while it's buffering?

[quote name='SynGamer']How many bars (green ones) do you get while it's buffering?[/quote]

1 or 2.

I should probably do a wired connection and try it.

[quote name='kennistond']1 or 2.

I should probably do a wired connection and try it.[/quote]
I think i read that you need 4 (or 5, not sure how high it goes) to get HD.

[quote name='fieldkillah']There's a HD section under genres at the watch instantly section on netflix's site.

Also King of Kong is one of the HD movies.[/quote]

I am having trouble finding this...Can you explain a bit more?

[quote name='SynGamer']http://www.netflix.com/WiHD?lnkctr=hdgenre[/quote]

Odd, its not working...Are you already using Netflix with your 360. I ask because I am not yet and maybe this feature is available to 360 users.

"
Page Not Found
The requested page /WiHD does not exist. We will try to automatically redirect you to our home page in 10 seconds. Please go to the Netflix home page by clicking the button below."

[quote name='kevzik']Odd, its not working...Are you already using Netflix with your 360. I ask because I am not yet and maybe this feature is available to 360 users.

"
Page Not Found
The requested page /WiHD does not exist. We will try to automatically redirect you to our home page in 10 seconds. Please go to the Netflix home page by clicking the button below."[/quote]
Indeed i am. Watching Jackass right now actually. Go to;

Watch Instantly>Genres>HD. If it's not there then check it after you get the NXE and activate your netflix account.

[quote name='SynGamer']Indeed i am. Watching Jackass right now actually. Go to;

Watch Instantly>Genres>HD. If it's not there then check it after you get the NXE and activate your netflix account.[/quote]

Yea, not there yet. Well, Guess this list is not really needed now. Thanks.

[quote name='SynGamer']I think i read that you need 4 (or 5, not sure how high it goes) to get HD.[/quote]

So I switched to wired and am getting 4 bars but still no luck.

Any suggestions?

[quote name='kennistond']So I switched to wired and am getting 4 bars but still no luck.

Any suggestions?[/quote]
Which movie is it again? I'll add it and see what i get for bars, etc.

[quote name='SynGamer']Which movie is it again? I'll add it and see what i get for bars, etc.[/quote]

I figured it out.

I had my Display settings set for 720p and I had to change it 1080i.

Thanks SynGamer.

[quote name='kennistond']I figured it out.

I had my Display settings set for 720p and I had to change it 1080i.

Thanks SynGamer.[/quote]
Really? I should do the same then.

[quote name='kevzik']No PC required (well, to choose/add movies then you need one...for now at least).

Thanks Smarkbran[/QUOTE]

have you watched Movies via XbOX yet

This is the same thing the box needs but the computer needs to stay on..... If xbox is the same way it will probally mean your Pc will have to be logged into netflix when your watcing the show

ALSO does the xbox need a router or can i plug my High speed cable right into it

[quote name='chicagoz']Perfect 10 Model Boxing: Vol. 1

In the HD list. Wonder if there's nudity...[/quote]

:bouncy: I would like to know this as well!!! :booty:

Anyways, here's the list of 112 from the HD section in alphabetical order. Also, King Kong isn't selectable as a streamable movie.

2 Days in Paris
30 Rock: Season 1
30 Rock: Season 2
4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days
50 Cent: Refuse to Die
8 Seconds
A Very British Gangster
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
Before the Rains
Blink
Blood Angels
Body of War
Broken English
Cashback
Chained Heat 2
Cheats
Closing Escrow
Color Me Kubrick
Comedians of Comedy: Live at the El Rey
Confessions of a Superhero
Cowboy del Amor
Crazy Love
CSNY Déjà Vu
Dandelion
Dead Man's Shoes
Delta of Venus
Diggers
Down to the Bone
Exiled
Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed
Eye of the Dolphin
Fall from Grace
Fay Grim
Festival Express
Friday Night Lights: Season 1
Girl 27
Graduation
Heroes: Season 1
Heroes: Season 2
Heroes: Season 3
Honeydripper
How I Planned to Kill Tony Blair
I'm Reed Fish
Interstate
Ira & Abby
Iron Eagle 3: Aces
John Waters: This Filthy World
Keane
Kids in America
Kiltro
Klimt
La Vie en Rose
Legacy of the Great Plains
Miracle at Sage Creek
Mister Foe
Mr. Untouchable
Never Say Die/Silent Hunter
Office Tigers
Only Human
Outsourced
Pan's Labyrinth
Perfect 10 Model Boxing: Vol. 1
Please Vote For Me
Puccini for Beginners
Puppy
Rain in the Mountains
Reprise
Running with Arnold
RX
Saint of 9/11
Samoan Wedding
Satan's Little Helper
Severance 2006
Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars
Steal a Pencil for Me
Steel City
Straight into Darkness
Strange Bedfellows
Succubus: Hell-Bent
Sunset Grill
Swimmers
Tears of the Black Tiger
The Air I Breathe
The Architect
The Bituminous Coal Queens of Pennsylvania
The Boston Red Sox Movie
The Business of Being Born
The Devil Came on Horseback
The Great New Wonderful
The Host
The King of Kong
The Office: Season 1
The Office: Season 2
The Office: Season 3
The Office: Season 4
The Quiet Room
The Rape of Europa
The Red Balloon / White Mane
The Signal
The Story of the Weeping Camel
The Thing
The Viking Sagas
Throttle 2005
Tony Bennett: The Music Never Ends
Two Days in April
Under Heavy Fire
Ushpizin
Vince Vaughn's Wild West Comedy Show
Weirdsville
Who the #$&% Is Jackson Pollock?
Widows' Peak
Without the King

The list is still nice to have for those who don't have Netflix and want to know if it's worth the trouble. That is if they're only interested in watching stuff from the HD selection. Granted the DVD streamable selection isn't that great either.

[quote name='crave132']:bouncy: I would like to know this as well!!! :booty:[/quote]
If you guys want a good movie AND nudity, watch Cashback. It's in HD (on the list).

[quote name='Draekon']

The list is still nice to have for those who don't have Netflix and want to know if it's worth the trouble. That is if they're only interested in watching stuff from the HD selection. Granted the DVD streamable selection isn't that great either.[/quote]

I think with the addition of Starz, their DVD streamable selection has become very good.

[quote name='kennistond']I think with the addition of Starz, their DVD streamable selection has become very good.[/quote]

Easily the best section, but most of the good movies on there I've seen multiple times already and I don't really feel like I need to subscribe to watch them again.

My two week trial will be enough for me to watch everything I want from the streamable side of Netflix.

Are they going to continually add new movies/TV shows? I really hope it is similar to Video on Demand with comcast, where as soon as a new movie is released on DVD you can watch it. Also, they add new episodes of TV shows about a week after they come out. Southpark is released a week after it airs on TV. Will netflix be similar? I sure hope so!

[quote name='crave132']Are they going to continually add new movies/TV shows? I really hope it is similar to Video on Demand with comcast, where as soon as a new movie is released on DVD you can watch it. Also, they add new episodes of TV shows about a week after they come out. Southpark is released a week after it airs on TV. Will netflix be similar? I sure hope so![/QUOTE]

since is FREe there is no way they are going to put the DVD out there the first day it comes out.

so when you plug the xbox in it shows the list of movies you have in your Q or do you have to go into your computer to start the movie

Or can you pick what movie you want to start just usin the xbox

[quote name='slidecage']so when you plug the xbox in it shows the list of movies you have in your Q or do you have to go into your computer to start the movie

Or can you pick what movie you want to start just usin the xbox[/quote]

I wrote this in the NXE thread a day or two ago:

3) Go to www.netflix.com/activate while signed in and throw in the key the 360 generates when you run Netflix on the 360
4) Add anything from watch instantly on the netflix website and then it'll be on your 360 to stream automatically
5) Choose the video on your 360 from the Netflix app and it'll run the video with the picture quality based off of your download speed.

[quote name='slidecage']since is FREe there is no way they are going to put the DVD out there the first day it comes out.

so when you plug the xbox in it shows the list of movies you have in your Q or do you have to go into your computer to start the movie

Or can you pick what movie you want to start just usin the xbox[/quote]

Its not free, you have to pay for netflix. I was just wondering how often the library would be updated.

[quote name='crave132']Its not free, you have to pay for netflix. I was just wondering how often the library would be updated.[/quote]

Wish I could say, but what I know is that new releases are not on the streamable listings. Don't know when or if it will change, but if they do change it to work like that then I'd definitely consider signing on to Netflix.

Since this is stickied, I noticed the opening post has been updated so I'll make a couple things clear:

[quote name='kevzik']Apparently if you are an earlt NXE user, you should be able to find the movies here: Watch Instantly>Genres>HD or Watch Instantly>Genres>HD[/quote]

The way you list to find them are both the same. :p

[quote name='kevzik']If you don't get HD or don't see the "Presented in HD" logo, check your connection. It is likely that 1-2 bars will yield SD and 4-5 will yield HD.[/quote]

4 bars is maximum regardless of quality. The only way you know you're watching the HD version is via the "Presented in HD" message. While you may choose an HD film, you may get the DVD version because your connection is too slow.

You do not need maximum bars to watch HD and when I get HD streams, they're 3 out of the 4 bars with a little grey into the fourth, assuming that means anything. However when I watch season 3 of the office (which is HD), some episodes will be 4 bars DVD (No "Presented in HD" message and it doesn't look as good as the HD ones) while others are 3 bars HD. For me it seems to be pretty sporadic, like all the episodes either aren't HD or the streaming quality requires more bandwith on those particular episodes.

My 'resolution' on my 360 is set to 1920x1080 and I can't change it for whatever reason through my VGA cables. My television probably won't accept anything lower via VGA for whatever reason and I don't plan to try my component cables anytime soon to check to see if I can get those non-HD episodes via 720p or 1080i.

[quote name='Draekon']Since this is stickied, I noticed the opening post has been updated so I'll make a couple things clear:

The way you list to find them are both the same. :p

4 bars is maximum regardless of quality. The only way you know you're watching the HD version is via the "Presented in HD" message. While you may choose an HD film, you may get the DVD version because your connection is too slow.

You do not need maximum bars to watch HD and when I get HD streams, they're 3 out of the 4 bars with a little grey into the fourth, assuming that means anything. However when I watch season 3 of the office (which is HD), some episodes will be 4 bars DVD (No "Presented in HD" message and it doesn't look as good as the HD ones) while others are 3 bars HD. For me it seems to be pretty sporadic, like all the episodes either aren't HD or the streaming quality requires more bandwith on those particular episodes.

My 'resolution' on my 360 is set to 1920x1080 and I can't change it for whatever reason through my VGA cables. My television probably won't accept anything lower via VGA for whatever reason and I don't plan to try my component cables anytime soon to check to see if I can get those non-HD episodes via 720p or 1080i.[/quote]

Good stuff. It looks like there are more HD movies out there that aren't included in your list...Jackass for example?

Man, I need this update soon so I can be on the same page with everyone else.

[quote name='Draekon']I wrote this in the NXE thread a day or two ago:

5) Choose the video on your 360 from the Netflix app and it'll run the video with the picture quality based off of your download speed.[/quote]

so does everyone who wants to stream netflix on their 360 need to do this or if you currently have netflix it should be there automatically?

[quote name='DestroVega']so does everyone who wants to stream netflix on their 360 need to do this or if you currently have netflix it should be there automatically?[/quote]

As far as I know that's the way it works for everyone. Although I do not know if you can give an activation key to someone else with a netflix account and be able to stream their instant watch stuff through your 360.

Netflix on your 360 is a very small download (a few megabytes) and it's accessible from the NXE Dashboard (but it's listed under Video Marketplace).

Has anyone with two Xbox consoles tried to activate both on the same Netflix account? Obviously I understand you couldn't watch from both at the same time but hopefully you aren't limited to only using the service on one Xbox....?

Thanks OP it looks like I won't be getting netflex anytime soon then. I can't understand why they just won't put all their movies out in HD, even worst you can't get new releases (Get Smart, etc.) steaming which is even more lame. Guess I'll stick to red box for my new releases.

[quote name='porieux']Has anyone with two Xbox consoles tried to activate both on the same Netflix account? Obviously I understand you couldn't watch from both at the same time but hopefully you aren't limited to only using the service on one Xbox....?[/quote]

I need to know this too. My plan is to have HD Movies going on in the Living room and then shows for my spare time in the bedroom.

[quote name='Draekon']I wrote this in the NXE thread a day or two ago:

5) Choose the video on your 360 from the Netflix app and it'll run the video with the picture quality based off of your download speed.[/QUOTE]

NUMBER 3

go to that on your PC or go to that on your xbox 360

if you need to have your PC on at the same time as that xbox then the xbox is no better then the 100 stand alone box they had out for years

[quote name='slidecage']NUMBER 3

if you need to have your PC on at the same time as that xbox then the xbox is no better then the 100 stand alone box they had out for years[/quote]

You can't go there via your 360 as there's no web browser, so it's definitely on the PC.

You need the randomly generated code from your 360, so it must be on to get the code. I don't believe that code lasts very long and it then asks you to input it at the netflix website while signed into your account.

[quote name='slidecage']NUMBER 3

if you need to have your PC on at the same time as that xbox then the xbox is no better then the 100 stand alone box they had out for years[/QUOTE]

You just need the PC on to activate it the first time. After that you don't need it on to watch movies on the X-box. You do have to use the PC to add stuff to your instant queue.

And yes, otherwise it's more or less the same thing as that Roku box they've had out for a while (not years, instant watch hasn't been around years much less the box), only it costs nothing for people with a 360 who already had a Netflix account.

bread's done
Back