Netflix High Definition Streaming Movies List & General Discussion

[quote name='GamerDaddy85']How do the users that only have a cable modem to get on Live, stream movies? I can't have my computer/Xbox online at the same time to verify the activation for Netflix. Is there a way around this? I don't really want to buy a router. =([/quote]

i activated via my cellphone lol..

yea and occasionally my speed will go down as well.. guess its the price we pay for having a shared connection. (still way faster than dsl though)

You don't have to have them on at the same time. Just get the code from the 360, write it down, get your computer online, enter the code on the site, and you're set. Add as many movies and TV shows as you want to your queue (I have 93 now) and then you can connect your 360 to the modem and stream away.

Damn Matt, I'm only up to 20. I gotta admit, this is much nicer than the Vista thing where you could Use Netflix on the 360 before the NXE. Sometimes I have load times with HD movies If I bridge the connection, but besides that, It's nice.

For using 2 360's on the same account, do you just need to make sure that both of you don't try to watch a movie at the same time or what?

Argh, this is kinda frustrating. When I start watching a movie, it usually always starts with 4-bar HD. Sometimes, I can watch for 20 minutes, sometimes 2 minutes, until the connection drops to 2 bars non-hd.

Looks like some movies have come off of the no 360 stream list. It wasnt like this before House came on, and after Fringe was over I turned on my 360 and went to netflix and there were more movies. Shows up in my queue online with no conditions either. Sweetness. Real Genius here I come!!

Weird, I had signed up for the Netflix two week trial and it was suppose to expire after today. So I log into Netflix and check my subscription terms and it says:

• Your free trial has been extended and will end on 12/11/2008
Pretty cool I guess since I was going to cancel the trial today.

Are the streamed videos laggy? I mean does it take a long time for the streaming to start? and if you pause it, does it take a long time for it to start again? thanks!

Theres an initial buffering period that takes...I would say 20-30 seconds. After that, its seamless. For some reason, there are some people who seem to be running into the problem that I mentioned above for HD streaming, where content will stream HD for a minute or two, then drop back to SD.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The only issue I had was when I tried watching an HD movie, I got no sound. I have an excellent connection. Weird.[/quote]

I got that problem with Iron Eagle 3.... I got picture, but no sound. Thought my speakers went out, til I tried another movie. Weird huh?

[quote name='moojuice']Theres an initial buffering period that takes...I would say 20-30 seconds. After that, its seamless. For some reason, there are some people who seem to be running into the problem that I mentioned above for HD streaming, where content will stream HD for a minute or two, then drop back to SD.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately some ISPs like Comcast and AT&T are doing something called 'throttling' where they lower your bandwidth when they feel you are using too much of it. Of course these companies also have a convenient conflict of interest because they want you to pay for their cable TV services... If you are having problems where streaming was working great but then got worse over some period of time, it could be this reason.

[quote name='porieux']Unfortunately some ISPs like Comcast and AT&T are doing something called 'throttling' where they lower your bandwidth when they feel you are using too much of it. Of course these companies also have a convenient conflict of interest because they want you to pay for their cable TV services... If you are having problems where streaming was working great but then got worse over some period of time, it could be this reason.[/quote]

Does Verizon FIOS do this? I have 10mps down (ran speed tests to confirm) and I get the "connection has slowed" message. Also, some shows like The Office don't have each episode in HD. It'll tell me I have four bars but not say "Presented in HD"

For the later issue, are not every episode in HD? I noticed some shows don't even have full seasons for streaming as well.

Hmm, I have a 12Mb connection yet when I try to play any of the V series or movies in HD I never actually get the HD message, and I have 4 bars. :(

EDIT: So it appears the MOVIES will, but not the TV shows. Odd.

[quote name='Papadosh']For using 2 360's on the same account, do you just need to make sure that both of you don't try to watch a movie at the same time or what?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering about this too. I was jazzed enough to trade some old stuff in at GS last weekend on a nearly new used 360 to have just for the Netflix deal in another part of the house. I'm waiting on a 20G HD to arrive this week to update to NXE so I haven't been able to try and see if it would work or if I would need another account.
Anybody else looking to do something similar or try to set up on a second unit yet ?

[quote name='Identity Fraud']Does Verizon FIOS do this? I have 10mps down (ran speed tests to confirm) and I get the "connection has slowed" message. Also, some shows like The Office don't have each episode in HD. It'll tell me I have four bars but not say "Presented in HD"

For the later issue, are not every episode in HD? I noticed some shows don't even have full seasons for streaming as well.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if FIOS does it, I was hoping not but they aren't available in my area.

I have time warner 6mb plan and ive yet to not watch HD on anything available in HD. I just went through 30 rock season 1 and going through season 2 now in 100% HD. I also watched Cashback in HD (Great movie, highly recommended) and it was great. They really need to add more movies and much, much more HD ASAP. This is the best thing to happen to the 360 since basically its inception.

Has anybody else been having trouble with Netflix? It was working fine for me last week and I always had Full bars. Now I can't even get one movie to stream at all cause it keeps telling me I have a poor connection. Yet my connection is pretty good

Anybody else having this problem? It's truly annoying me as I have alot of stuff I want to watch.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Has anybody else been having trouble with Netflix? It was working fine for me last week and I always had Full bars. Now I can't even get one movie to stream at all cause it keeps telling me I have a poor connection. Yet my connection is pretty good

Anybody else having this problem? It's truly annoying me as I have alot of stuff I want to watch.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes netflix is weird, i would be watching 30 rock in HD and when i start up the next show, its too slow and downgrades to SD. I would quit out of it and then switch to a movie (also in HD) and its HD from start to finish, then i go back to 30 rock and it works in HD again. Maybe its netflix trying to throttle or having server problems with certain things, i dont know. Here are my results btw:

Time warner 6mb plan.

I'm really hoping it's Netflix just trying to deal with the influx of all the people. Cause otherwise I might have to cancel my subscription If I can't stream to my 360 anymore. And It really can't be my connection either as you can tell from the test. Not sure whether or not to call Netflix help or 360 help to see what they say.

[quote name='porieux']LOL did anyone even read my post?[/QUOTE]

Time Warner doesnt throttle. I know because i download at max speed all night for weeks and it never moves.

[quote name='porieux']LOL did anyone even read my post?[/quote]

If anything Roadrunner would Throttle the Laptop connection instead of the 360. There is always something getting streamed on the laptop when I'm on it. So I doubt they are "throttling" my speeds. I'm hoping it's just Netflix

Is there any GOOD Christmas movies on Instant Watch? :( I want to force myself to be in a .. Christmas spirit.:lol:

I really want to watch Christmas Vacation, but they don't have that instant. Tears. :(

[quote name='blitz6speed']Sometimes netflix is weird, i would be watching 30 rock in HD and when i start up the next show, its too slow and downgrades to SD. I would quit out of it and then switch to a movie (also in HD) and its HD from start to finish, then i go back to 30 rock and it works in HD again. Maybe its netflix trying to throttle or having server problems with certain things, i dont know. Here are my results btw:

Time warner 6mb plan.[/QUOTE]

WTF is up with comcast

download 962 kbs

upload 365 kbs

Those speeds SUCK no wonder why netflix looks all graine

What the fuck? Netflix removed Team America, which had it's "expiration date" taken off several weeks ago. More importantly, Blade Runner never had a date to be taken off and it's gone now from instant streaming. I wanted to see that, but elected to watch the "expiring" movies first.

On a happier note, An Evening With Kevin Smith 2 was set to expire, but didn't.

What's up with expiration dates on some of these?

I like this service, but there needs to be more titles. Oh, and these expiration dates are kinda lame. :(

I think the expiration is for the movies that are part of the Starz Movie Network collaboration between Netflix and Starz. When Starz changes their lineup, Netflix has to drop as a result. Just my theory, at least.

that HD streaming list contains turd after turd after turd...are there ANY non f-list movies?

I don't want to watch 30 rock and friday night lights.

Thank you very much for the info. Unfortunately my crappy DSL connection is so bad that I'm lucky to get 2 bars on Netflix streaming. And I can't get a faster speed because the lines that service my apartment complex are so old, and the complex is ATT/Dish exclusive so no cable modem.

It has its moments. There's alot of streaming content BUT there's alot that's not streaming. There are alot of titles that are obscrue and alot of the new content is missing. What I mean is your not going to get all the new releases streaming every tuesday. Though It is pretty cool to be able to pull up "any" movie you want and watch it. Heads up on some of the tv seasons, the ones I have wanted to watch, a few of the episodes are "for rental only" which is really annoying why they would upload the whole season but 3 random episodes, doesnt make sense.

Video quality is around sd cable quality (for movies not in HD), last night I dont know what happened, it kept on adjusting to my internet strength to the point where it looked like i was stretching a youtube video across the screen (5mb connection). That was the only time it has done that.

I would advise you to scan the title avaliable to stream and see if its worth it for you.

http://www.netflix.com/BrowseGenres/Watch_Instantly/gev?lnktrk=GID_WI

I like it. I wouldn't suggest getting NetFlix just for the Xbox Live streaming. I think you'll be disappointed. The movie selection is okay. My girlfriend and I are always able to find something decent to watch, but don't expect to be able to watch a lot of new releases. It's best not to go in thinking that you'll be able to find a certain movie to watch, but instead just browse through the instant movies and add them to your queue and watch them when you feel like it.

It is nice for watching TV episodes. Heroes, Office, and others are on there. So, watching through XBL/Netflix is easier than hooking up my Laptop to the TV to watch the episodes when I miss them during the week.

The selection is alright, it would keep you occupied in the 1st couple of months.. They have all seasons of CSI, Numb3rs, Heroes.. great selection of Animes..

Just remember you have to have GOLD membership in order to stream netflix, so add that to the cost unless you already use gold for multiplayer.

bread's done
Back