Netflix High Definition Streaming Movies List & General Discussion

why do you need to use the computer at all for the queue? It really makes no sense at all. Aside from that this is a pretty nice feature. IDK if I am going to cancel my trial or not. If me and my roommate split the cost it would be less than 5 bucks a month...

No web browser on the 360, so thus no way to log into your netflix account to add stuff to the Queue.

I'd never cancel mine, but of course I've had netflix for a couple years and usually watch more movies than I play games. Thought that's been flipped around lately.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Good idea! I'll be either subscribing to Netflix or borrowing my parents username/password for this feature.[/quote]

That's an awesome idea! Does that work without messing up their que or anything? I'm not sure how that works but if I could use my parent's account to stream movies that would be awesome!

[quote name='Benisjamin']That's an awesome idea! Does that work without messing up their que or anything? I'm not sure how that works but if I could use my parent's account to stream movies that would be awesome![/quote]

Queues are two lists per account, which are DVD (Mail Rentals) and Watch Instantly (Streamable). So if they actually use the Watch Instantly, what they add and what you add would be apart of the same list. If they don't use it, then you really have no problem if you stick to Watch Instantly and they stick to DVD.

[quote name='Draekon']Queues are two lists per account, which are DVD (Mail Rentals) and Watch Instantly (Streamable). So if they actually use the Watch Instantly, what they add and what you add would be apart of the same list. If they don't use it, then you really have no problem if you stick to Watch Instantly and they stick to DVD.[/quote]

That's great! They don't use Watch Instantly ever, I doubt they even know they can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno if its actually in HD or not but when i played "The Thing" i got a full signal strength and it says "Presented in HD". Dunno if someone wants to confirm it.

[quote name='dmaul1114']No web browser on the 360, so thus no way to log into your netflix account to add stuff to the Queue.

I'd never cancel mine, but of course I've had netflix for a couple years and usually watch more movies than I play games. Thought that's been flipped around lately.[/quote]

it seems like it would be pretty easy to have a program that lets you log onto netflix and queue it online.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']it seems like it would be pretty easy to have a program that lets you log onto netflix and queue it online.[/QUOTE]

Probably, but it's easier to search and navigate on the PC with a keyboard/mouse anyway than if you had to do it with a 360 controller.

I don't mind as I'm constantly adding stuff to my DVD queue online anyway, so no biggie to do the instant watch queue that way as well.

[quote name='guitarguy']that is a crappy list of movies[/quote]

I agree. Unless they start adding some newer movies/tv shows, I doubt I will be subscribing to netflix.

I'm not getting anything in HD here...

edit: restarted the cable modem, speed has picked up dramatically and have full bars and HD now...

[quote name='crave132']I agree. Unless they start adding some newer movies/tv shows, I doubt I will be subscribing to netflix.[/QUOTE]

I kind of doubt the instant watch will be worth a subscription alone to you anytime in the near future, if you don't think it's current worth it..

What it is is a nice, free bonus for those of us who want the DVD (and/or Blu Ray) rentals and subscribe just for that. I'd never go without Netflix after having it for a few years, but for me movies>>>>>>>games.

I think you have to have one of the unlimited plans ($8.99 is the cheapest) to get unlimited instant watching).

You may get 2 hours a month of instant watch with that plan or something.

[quote name='crave132']I agree. Unless they start adding some newer movies/tv shows, I doubt I will be subscribing to netflix.[/quote]

I am sure they will. They have TONS on good movies/show in SD. For 9 bucks a month...its so worth it.

[quote name='bigell']I have the minimum netflix plan (4.99 a month), is this ok?[/quote]
Yes that's fine. Also, I don't see why everyone is complaining about the current HD offering. First off, HD streaming was barely introduced and it's only exclusively available to Xbox 360 owners which sucks for PC owners who are dying to get this. Plus we know they'll be updating these with newer titles.

the initial offering of HD titles is a little on the weak side but i am still very stoked for this. Netflix already offers a good selection of SD instant view titles and now I can watch on the big screen instead of on my crappy monitor! And they will only offer more in the future.

[quote name='TDAGARIM']Yes that's fine. [/QUOTE]

I just double checked the Netflix plans page.. With the $4.99 plan you get 2 hours of instant watch viewing a month. So one short movie or a few TV shows. So I don't know if I'd say that it's "fine." :D

All the unlimited per month plans ($8.99 and up) come with unlimited instant watch viewing.

[quote name='kevzik']I can confirm 2 360s can both be used with one account.[/quote]

Awesome.

I was going to see if this worked but I had not tried it yet.

[quote name='kevzik']I can confirm 2 360s can both be used with one account.[/QUOTE]
Oh shit. Can 9 CAGs share one account? :lol:

I've been watching Netflix TV shows all day since I got home from work. I may have to keep this.

That netflix list is missing stuff like "Color me Kubrick", "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed" and more. It only has 130ish titles on it out of the said 500 in HD.

Ah, I wasn't aware so thanks for the list. Didn't find anything to add that I didn't already have, but that site will be useful until Netflix has a full list up.

Has anyone been successful in streaming movies (SD or HD) on a wireless network at home? How is the quality on a wireless network? I'm currently not a netflix xubscriber but would consider it based on what I hear.

[quote name='IOWABERG']Has anyone been successful in streaming movies (SD or HD) on a wireless network at home? How is the quality on a wireless network? I'm currently not a netflix xubscriber but would consider it based on what I hear.[/quote]

My connection is only 4mbps so no HD yet, but I have streamed sd wirelessly through my laptop with my 360 in the bedroom and it looks close to DVD quality if not, DVD quality.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I just double checked the Netflix plans page.. With the $4.99 plan you get 2 hours of instant watch viewing a month. So one short movie or a few TV shows. So I don't know if I'd say that it's "fine." :D

All the unlimited per month plans ($8.99 and up) come with unlimited instant watch viewing.[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify 100%- the $8.99 plan allows for unlimited instant viewing on both the 360 and the PC, not just the PC?

[quote name='Matt Young']Just to clarify 100%- the $8.99 plan allows for unlimited instant viewing on both the 360 and the PC, not just the PC?[/QUOTE]

Yep. Unlimited anywhere you can view it with any of the unlimited plans including the $8.99 one. PC, Xbox, their Roku box, Blu Ray players and Tivo's that have built in support etc.

Awesome! Thanks man. I normally rent the $1 stuff at Redbox, but this will give me ridiculous amounts of stuff to stream through my 360 along with a much wider selection of actual disc titles. I have never seen a movie in HD, and I don't have an HD receiver for my HDTV. This is like fucking Christmas to me.

Yeah, Netflix is awesome. Redbox is ok, but even for discs I prefer to just get them in the mail vs having to go the machine 2 days in a row. Even if you have one close by, it's still more hassle than discs in the mail.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, Netflix is awesome. Redbox is ok, but even for discs I prefer to just get them in the mail vs having to go the machine 2 days in a row. Even if you have one close by, it's still more hassle than discs in the mail.[/QUOTE]

Yeah redbox is cool but the selection blows.

It's good for major new releases. Otherwise, nah. I pretty much only go for free movie Mondays.

Any idea why my movies stream in HD on my PC, but I only get 2 bars and SD on my 360? I have a Westell modem with built in router with ethernet cords running to both units. I figured it'd be the same.

Hey, I'm trying to stream Netflix on my Xbox so I downloaded the windows player on my pc and made it so I'm sharing with my Xbox but when I try to set it up from my Xbox it keeps telling me to enter the code on my pc. The only problem is when I go to xbox.com/pcsetup it just keeps telling me to DL either the windows player or the zune.net player. I doesn't prompt me do enter the code anywhere. Can anyone help?

[quote name='Collectorguy00']Hey, I'm trying to stream Netflix on my Xbox so I downloaded the windows player on my pc and made it so I'm sharing with my Xbox but when I try to set it up from my Xbox it keeps telling me to enter the code on my pc. The only problem is when I go to xbox.com/pcsetup it just keeps telling me to DL either the windows player or the zune.net player. I doesn't prompt me do enter the code anywhere. Can anyone help?[/quote]
Why not use netflix.com/activate?

[quote name='SynGamer']Why not use netflix.com/activate?[/quote]

I've activated my netflix already now I'm just trying to watch it on my xbox. Whenever I go to the media center on my xbox it keeps telling me to configure the software on my pc by going to xbox.com/pcsetup.

[quote name='Collectorguy00']I've activated my netflix already now I'm just trying to watch it on my xbox. Whenever I go to the media center on my xbox it keeps telling me to configure the software on my pc by going to xbox.com/pcsetup.[/quote]
You need to go to Video Marketplace (a couple spots ABOVE 'My Xbox'. Go to the red Netflix blade/spot, press A and go from there.

I had some movies in my Queue that were NOT HD before...will it NOW stream the HD automatically if it is still in my Queue or do I have to re-add it?

I love the fact that you can put a whole season of TV shows as one movie in your queue and then it lets you choose which episode you want to watch. Very slick, I was worried you'd have to add each ep individually which would have really sucked..

[quote name='SynGamer']You need to go to Video Marketplace (a couple spots ABOVE 'My Xbox'. Go to the red Netflix blade/spot, press A and go from there.[/quote]

Thanks, I'm an idiot.

[quote name='doubledown']I had some movies in my Queue that were NOT HD before...will it NOW stream the HD automatically if it is still in my Queue or do I have to re-add it?[/QUOTE]

It will be automatic if you have the connection speed for HD. They don't have seperate listings on the site for the HD and no HD versions of instant watch films.

Wow, I had no idea the seasons of the Heroes and 30 rock were available in HD on netflix. Looks like I will be signing up for netflix.

I couldn't find the answer on the site. Netflix says DVDs should arrive within 1 business day, but are their business days Monday-Friday? Some places include Saturday. Obviously there's no mail on Sundays.

They don't ship on Saturdays (I don't think anyway) but you can get movies on Saturdays since the mail runs.

For instance, I mailed back a movie today, they'll get it tomorrow and I'll get my next movie on Saturday.

But if I'd mailed it on Friday, they wouldn't process the return until Monday and I wouldn't get my next movie until Tuesday since they're centers don't work on Saturdays to process returns/ship out new movies.

Watchin a movie..for about an hour 20 minutes.
Everything was fine and looked great..then it stopped for 3 seconds, it said "your connection decreased" (or something like that) and when it loaded back up (quickly, actually) it looks like shit now :whistle2:\

Any reason as to what happened..and what I could do to make it look great again?

Odd are you connection just dropped. Do you have roommates sharing the connection who could have started downloading something?

Otherwise it could just be an area slow down on your ISP.

Nope! He was watching it with me and I was on the PC---but I was on it the entire time and nothing happened. We have watched several shows too, and never had this problem.

Probably just a random ISP slowdown then.

Could just be too many people watching at once and pounding the Netflix servers too I suppose.

[quote name='lilboo']Watchin a movie..for about an hour 20 minutes.
Everything was fine and looked great..then it stopped for 3 seconds, it said "your connection decreased" (or something like that) and when it loaded back up (quickly, actually) it looks like shit now :whistle2:\

Any reason as to what happened..and what I could do to make it look great again?[/quote]

Well, if you are using Cable Broadband, that could be the result of a jump in usage by your neighbors.
It certainly is possible the a neighbor just started using the same feature on his xbox, computer, or whatever.

How do the users that only have a cable modem to get on Live, stream movies? I can't have my computer/Xbox online at the same time to verify the activation for Netflix. Is there a way around this? I don't really want to buy a router. =(

bread's done
Back