New Battlefield Clan Topic - WE NEED SOME MORE PEOPLE!!

[quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']Taken from Gamedrome.com:

"All stats websites have been blocked. GameDrome has not been spared and has been blocked too. We can't completely blame EA for this action; the stats server has been hacked, overused and killed many times in the past 14 days. To many stats websites, performance problems, bad design is just to name a few of the problems of this EA statistics service. The main reason for this desperate measure is the slowdown of updates on the player statistics. Many of the BF2 players complained of missing points, missing awards after playing on ranked servers, sometimes showing up after days. This new blockage should enable the stats service to catch up again.

What's next? We were warned by EA that this would happen and ensured GameDrome that it's temporally measure. EA will provide service to a select few that will able to access the statistics service."

Just in case anyone was wondering why there stats weren't being updated.[/QUOTE]

thanks I was wondering why they were not updating

If anyone wants to play tonight let me know. I dont have a mic yet, but I could use the practice online if anyone wants to play.

[quote name='WAJedi']If anyone wants to play tonight let me know. I dont have a mic yet, but I could use the practice online if anyone wants to play.[/QUOTE]

me tech and maybe jam (barring his connection problems) will be on tonight. If you want to play just IM either one of us or find a server and we can follow you

[quote name='Technique']Had a fun time tonight. We played for well over 2 hours? I finally reached 5000 global points[/QUOTE]

congrats I wish I could have stayed put instead disconnecting so much lol. oh and I dont like that last map we were in. I think that was my second time on it .

man trying to get this joystick is like pulling teeth. Both CC's near me lack the one I want and they are the cheapest place with it (best buy wants 45 for it and for like 13 bucks more I could have a really bad ass one the x45)

and we should all try a night where we use our main weapon only when we are in a bad spot. I have been raking up the knife and pistol kills and it is so much fun. Stabbing people who don't see you is one of the best things about this game (when we played Sharqi and I got my medal I gutted three people who were standing in the same spot firing anti tank and they never saw it coming)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']man trying to get this joystick is like pulling teeth. Both CC's near me lack the one I want and they are the cheapest place with it (best buy wants 45 for it and for like 13 bucks more I could have a really bad ass one the x45)

and we should all try a night where we use our main weapon only when we are in a bad spot. I have been raking up the knife and pistol kills and it is so much fun. Stabbing people who don't see you is one of the best things about this game (when we played Sharqi and I got my medal I gutted three people who were standing in the same spot firing anti tank and they never saw it coming)[/QUOTE]

woah cool nice work sam fisher lol , thats a good idea havent tried it myself .

[quote name='jam3582']woah cool nice work sam fisher lol , thats a good idea havent tried it myself .[/QUOTE]

LOL. Yea it was awesome. I even ended up with an even KD ratio and I pretty much ran around carrying my knife.

It also sparks inginuity in people when you try to cut them. One dude tried shooting me and missed so we got into a knife fight. Eventually he got tired, threw down some c4 and blew both of us up.

Another guy shot me the second I stabbed him and we both died at the same time (this is after he ran out of both his primary and secondary clips once)

probably the most Sam Fisher like kill I got was on the construstion site near the stairs by the flag I waited for a dude to go up them and stabbed him in the back.

[quote name='Technique']lol, awesome. wait, so how do you get your knife medal? I know I killed at least 2 people with the knife on sharqi.[/QUOTE]

you got to get 7 in one round (with the pistol I read you need 9 but I think I only killed 7).

you get the veteran knife medal when you kill 50 and have another 7 in one round game

going to send out a ton of PMs tomorrow or maybe in a little while (really want to play some BF and play with my joystick a bit)

if you have not PMed me about getting a voice server and would still like to help out then please do so soon. I have only recieved a couple so far and would like to get a little more financial support to get one up

thanks again to everyone who has PMed me so far.

Okay, I've installed BF2 and played a bit yesterday. My screenname is Ackbar.Admiral. I tried to hit up the CAG server last night but no one was there.

A few thoughts on my first night of playing. First, the game feels a lot like Firearms. Which is cool. So far I really only know how to use the infantry. I'll have to play around with the vehicles more in single player and other types of games. Things I noticed that I have no idea how to use include...

1) Artillery. How to you spot artilary and how do you launch?
2) Vehicles. I can't drive, can't fly, but I can hop up and use a gunners turrent.
3) There were these wierd radar stations. When I spawned near one, it stated it was an enemy radar array and I had to destroy it to keep the enemy from tracking our positions. But I couldn't figure out how to blow it up. Or how do we capture a radar array?

There's one thing I don't like. I don't like it at all. It really ruined my enjoyment of the game. The use of vehicles is just overpowering. On every map I played it was all about vehicle combat. I'd prefer it to be more of a tactical (and more forgiving) counterstrike with maybe a vehicle or two on either side. But there's a vehicle for nearly every player. So basically, everyone just uses vehicles. At least from what I saw last night.

Of course, I'm at a disadvantage because I haven't gotten that far yet. But when I played all that mattered was being an anti-tank kit because all I was doing was shooting at tanks and assualt vehicles. The damn helecopters would constantly patrol the spawn points. And it sucks to spawn with a tank cannon point at your nose. It just seems to me to detract from the experience. I wouldn't mind if there were a tank or two, or a tank and a helecopter, or a tank and three transports. But it appeared to me in the maps I played that there were a hell of a lot more than that.

OK, well first of all, I would recommend you start a new account and put {CAG} in front of your name. That way other CAG can spot you in game and stuff.

To answer some of your questions. You can blow up enemy artillery, radar, and uav with C4. You only need to place 2 C4s to blow any one thing up. You need to be Spec Ops to get C4.

If you don't really like to play with that many vehicles, try the 16 player maps. Those basically have 2 jeeps, a tank, and an apc for each side. I know you don't like all these vehicles and stuff, but that's basically what modern war is all about. If you keep playing you will notice it's not just vehicles against infantry/vehicles. You will notice many gun fights and they can be very fun and exciting.

Also, CAG usually doesn't meet up in the CAG server believe it or not. We actually just meet up in a random public ranked server.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask them.

You guys will recognize me if you see me. You know why? Because it's a trap!

I understand modern warfare involved mechanized combat but it just seems to me that for my first experience it was overly so.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Okay, I've installed BF2 and played a bit yesterday. My screenname is Ackbar.Admiral. I tried to hit up the CAG server last night but no one was there.

A few thoughts on my first night of playing. First, the game feels a lot like Firearms. Which is cool. So far I really only know how to use the infantry. I'll have to play around with the vehicles more in single player and other types of games. Things I noticed that I have no idea how to use include...

1) Artillery. How to you spot artilary and how do you launch?
2) Vehicles. I can't drive, can't fly, but I can hop up and use a gunners turrent.
3) There were these wierd radar stations. When I spawned near one, it stated it was an enemy radar array and I had to destroy it to keep the enemy from tracking our positions. But I couldn't figure out how to blow it up. Or how do we capture a radar array?

There's one thing I don't like. I don't like it at all. It really ruined my enjoyment of the game. The use of vehicles is just overpowering. On every map I played it was all about vehicle combat. I'd prefer it to be more of a tactical (and more forgiving) counterstrike with maybe a vehicle or two on either side. But there's a vehicle for nearly every player. So basically, everyone just uses vehicles. At least from what I saw last night.

Of course, I'm at a disadvantage because I haven't gotten that far yet. But when I played all that mattered was being an anti-tank kit because all I was doing was shooting at tanks and assualt vehicles. The damn helecopters would constantly patrol the spawn points. And it sucks to spawn with a tank cannon point at your nose. It just seems to me to detract from the experience. I wouldn't mind if there were a tank or two, or a tank and a helecopter, or a tank and three transports. But it appeared to me in the maps I played that there were a hell of a lot more than that.[/QUOTE]

what map did you play?

try sharqi, dalian plant, or strike

those maps are much more focused on ground combat than most other maps in the game.

as far as classes I usually stick to medic or engineer. Medic to heal myself and revive others and because the gun is not too bad. Engineer because the shotgun is powerful and the mines blow up tanks. Though I will say I have also been playing a lot of spec ops as well.

artillery can only be used by the commander of each team. You can see where your teams arty is coming by a big red circle though you cannot see where enemy arty is coming. Best advice, if things seem quiet and people are running away, find cover or run after them. Everyone gets blown up by arty from time to time though, it just happens.

vehicles are really fairly easy to drive. Cars use the basic commands of the infantry though make sure to stay out of the deep water. APC is weaker than tank but can go into the water and has much more speed, but less power. Tank cannot go in water, but it is powerful. The planes and choppers are a bitch to fly and they take a lot of practice, so you may want to skip those for a while.

also you can cycle your spot in these vehicles with the F keys (1 is primary, 2 secondary, etc.)

and if you don't have it, I would definately recommend downloading XFire and adding us (or listing your screen name so we can add you). Its the easiest way for us to play with each other since it has an IM function and you can join someone's game via one click join (though you still have to log in the game before it loads the server)

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']You guys will recognize me if you see me. You know why? Because it's a trap!

I understand modern warfare involved mechanized combat but it just seems to me that for my first experience it was overly so.[/QUOTE]

Like casey said, those maps are some of the best infantry fighting maps. those are my favorite maps to play also. strike and sharqi. also, if you only played for like 1-3 hours on a ranked server, you can easily gain the points back if you create a new account.

[quote name='Technique']Like casey said, those maps are some of the best infantry fighting maps. those are my favorite maps to play also. strike and sharqi. also, if you only played for like 1-3 hours on a ranked server, you can easily gain the points back if you create a new account.[/QUOTE]

man I can't wait for the new patch. I was playing on a server last night that was strike and sharqi alternating and it was awesome. Would have definately saved that to my favorites (though it should also be saved in Xfire)

Only thing that sucked was I was getting owned trying to get my pistol and knife medal. I was trying to gut some fuckers and everytime I tried they would turn around and shoot me in the face.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']man I can't wait for the new patch. I was playing on a server last night that was strike and sharqi alternating and it was awesome. Would have definately saved that to my favorites (though it should also be saved in Xfire)

Only thing that sucked was I was getting owned trying to get my pistol and knife medal. I was trying to gut some fuckers and everytime I tried they would turn around and shoot me in the face.[/QUOTE]

lol yeah I know. I hate that. sometimes when I put c4 on my jeep and do my thing, I go into the middle of like 2 enemy apcs and i try to get out and detonate, but right when I press detonate I die..

[quote name='Technique']lol yeah I know. I hate that. sometimes when I put c4 on my jeep and do my thing, I go into the middle of like 2 enemy apcs and i try to get out and detonate, but right when I press detonate I die..[/QUOTE]

I loved it when you threw it on the tires and it spun around when we played the oilfields level

lol, oh yeah. that was funny. We should contact whoever has admin on the CAG server and tell them to give it to us. I want to turn friendly fire off and try some of those jeep stunts with c4.

dont worry admiral about the vehicles they arent so bad especially when u get in one urself and just start killing incoming swarms of infantry like in one map a few days ago I remember me and technique were cruising in a chopper when we spot the enemy parachuting back on land .

tech turned the chopper around and we just started rapping the dudes and all they could do was run. I kno how annoying it is when u spawn and then u get killed right away from an an enemy vehicle .

also were u playing solo or part of a squad . nothing comes close interms of excitement when ur in a squad just ask the rest of the fellas here. when we get on teamspeak together we work so well and get the job done I think we have one more games that way also .

oh yeah get xfire that way we can all play together hopefully my stupid internet will work with me now lol.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I will be on around 9. Going to play some UT first[/QUOTE]

That was a pretty intense game, eh? Crazy deathmatch.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']That was a pretty intense game, eh? Crazy deathmatch.[/QUOTE]

yea it was good. I will definately be playing some more UT in the coming weeks

So playing for a little while, I have a couple questions. What are some good servers to play on? Nobody seems to work together or know what's going on in most of the games I played. It was fun, but it got old. Also, I don't have {CAG} in front of my name, and I don't want to make a third email address. Can I just keep SamuraiFez?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']So playing for a little while, I have a couple questions. What are some good servers to play on? Nobody seems to work together or know what's going on in most of the games I played. It was fun, but it got old. Also, I don't have {CAG} in front of my name, and I don't want to make a third email address. Can I just keep SamuraiFez?[/QUOTE]

it doesn't matter though it is easier to identify people with the tag.

and I really cannot recommend any good servers, though there is one that alernates Sharqi and Strike I have saved because I like those two maps

[quote name='Technique']Hey, Casey, are you up for a game? Get on xfire if so.[/QUOTE]

naw I am way too tired. I am going to bed in a few.

[quote name='Technique']Alright. how's the voice server coming?[/QUOTE]

I will get everything together soon. I have been slacking because of lack of funds, but I will get on it tomorrow or the next day.

I apologize for the wait

so did u get to PM everyone and get a response sorry I havent been on iv been working like a dog and I am not gettin any help so im doing overtime and not taking a lunch. I come home dead . but Im down for a game tonight seeing as mr.anderson has the game Imma see what we can work with .

what about you casey you up for some tonight hopefully I wont get kicked off again.

[quote name='jam3582']so did u get to PM everyone and get a response sorry I havent been on iv been working like a dog and I am not gettin any help so im doing overtime and not taking a lunch. I come home dead . but Im down for a game tonight seeing as mr.anderson has the game Imma see what we can work with .

what about you casey you up for some tonight hopefully I wont get kicked off again.[/QUOTE]

yea I will be up for some tonight. Sorry I have been really sidetracked and kind of put off PMing everyone and the TS server. My sister has been getting ready for college and a few of my friends leave this weekend so I have been hanging with them.

and after my virus scanner goes through I am going to try and take care of some of the clan business (going to try and do both things tonight before I get on and play tonight)

Should be on around 9:30 or 10 hopefully (hoping this scan goes quick)

I sent messages to everyone I have not seen in a while. Don't take it as a slap in the face, I just want to get things going better than they are and want to see where everyone stands with the clan.

Next up is looking into the clan server and then I should be on with you guys.

now I am sending messages to everyone who said they would help with the clan server after I play a quick game with Jam

I got an account at the place I am planning on getting it and got a total before tax and any other fees which will be PMed along with an est. on your contribution

on another note any of you guys got 1942?

I was playing some of that just because I wanted a change of setting and figured maybe a few of us could play that one night

ok so far I have gotten replies from a few people as far as XFire screen names. Would you guys please add the following people :

jebusmclucifer
dijital

list will be updated as more PMs come in and then the master list will be updated at the end of the weekend

Hi guys, sorry I'm still on vacation. I'll be back on Thursday. Hopefully my sucktitude hasn't increased with the time off. Having a blast here though. See 'ya guys on in a few.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Hi guys, sorry I'm still on vacation. I'll be back on Thursday. Hopefully my sucktitude hasn't increased with the time off. Having a blast here though. See 'ya guys on in a few.[/QUOTE]

ahhh stevemcq welcome back now we have another player back on the clan . you have come back at a good time as are new command and chief caseyryback is in the process of restructuring the clan. looking forward to seeing u thursday

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Hi guys, sorry I'm still on vacation. I'll be back on Thursday. Hopefully my sucktitude hasn't increased with the time off. Having a blast here though. See 'ya guys on in a few.[/QUOTE]

yea awesome to see that you are back

[quote name='jam3582']hmm slow week any new updates ?[/QUOTE]

sorry, been extremely busy (school starts again tomorrow and I have been looking for a car for the past week or so pretty heavily).

will give everyone an update tomorrow.

I went ahead and ordered the server for a month on a recurring basis. I figured I had dragged my feet enough and this would give everyone enough time (including myself to get things going with the clan)

I also figure we could order a 4 month package this weekend or so and extend our coverage

EDIT: Hit a few of you up with the IP as well

bread's done
Back