NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

[quote name='admiralvic']Review copy. Very fun game if anyone cares.[/QUOTE]Its on my to-get list, not willing to pay the SQEnix tax on it though, will wait on the $20 sweet spot.

[quote name='maigoyume']Its on my to-get list, not willing to pay the SQEnix tax on it though, will wait on the $20 sweet spot.[/QUOTE]

Def worth 20 - 30 dollars. There are tons of unlockables and DLC if you want new songs.

[quote name='admiralvic']Def worth 20 - 30 dollars. There are tons of unlockables and DLC if you want new songs.[/QUOTE]Yep which is why I need the $20 sweet spot, DLC songs don't come cheap :lol:

So i enter a code for Tales of the Abyss for the 3Ds on June 30th around 1 Pm Arizona time and it still has me marked as Gold with 590. DO I need to call them or email them about getting Platinum status?

^^My account says gold again. Eventhough I was plat before 6-30

Click on "account and coins", then on the "coins and staus" tab. It should show your 2012 status and 2013 status.

Has the CN site calmed down yet? Should I proceed with surveys and registering stuff? Gotta kill time at work.

And like that, I'm already Platinum for 2013. I thought I had enough spare codes laying around. now I'm sitting on 2420 coins, and no idea what to get with them...

[quote name='sp00ge']And like that, I'm already Platinum for 2013. I thought I had enough spare codes laying around. now I'm sitting on 2420 coins, and no idea what to get with them...[/QUOTE]

nice. I am still pissed they got rid of the 3DS case for 250 coins....I was all dead set on buying it....Nintendo is was like..NOPE! Hope they add some more game selections to buy.

I was going through my account and I noticed I only got 40 points for registering my 3DS last year. I've seen the value at 160 for a while on the Club Nintendo site and find it strange that they would only offer 40 coins for it when I registered it. Is that the case for anyone else?

[quote name='Strell']Has the CN site calmed down yet? Should I proceed with surveys and registering stuff? Gotta kill time at work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was working Sunday afternoon even. I'll be about 1/3 - 1/2 the way to plat myself just doing the post-play surverys for all the games I entered to get 50 coins instead of 20 after I was already platinum for last year ;).

I was thinking.

I sat down on Saturday and made a spreadsheet full of the titles on my account that I had registered (something I'd been meaning to do for a while). I'd been meaning to do this for a while, as I don't know of any exhaustive/definitive list out there that has every single potentially-registerable game out there. Nintendo sent out that list of games that were dropping in value, so this was a good opportunity to check that kind of thing.

So I wrote out the entire list by hand and then went back and marked which titles I'd registered. I don't have digital titles in the spreadsheet yet, and I know I'm missing some titles here and there, but I imagine I've got 70-80% of all the possible titles listed.

Anyway, this made me wonder why this process wasn't easier. What I decided is that it would be really great if there was an iPhone (and/or Android) app that you could use to log into your account, it could generate a list based on the things you had registered, and then compared it to a master list. That way, you could know immediately which games you had registered and which ones you lacked. There might even be a way to have it allow you to register the games and then complete the surveys.

Iwata has said recently that they are working on a way to allow people to log into a website to set up purchases of digital content/titles through devices like phones, so I wonder if this will ultimately be tied into the CN account stuff.

I wonder how hard it would be to write an app to do the above though.

Last edited by a moderator:
You think too much, Strell. ;)

It's probably easier to create a data-driven webpage to perform such tasks above. It can be designed with mobile use in mind.

I've been considering to get a Mac so I can develop some iOS apps for the iPad. Maybe someday soon. I haven't created apps for a Mac since...uh, the HyperCard days. Boy, do I feel old here. ;)

I have a 3DS console code if someone wants to trade their codes for it since I already registered a 3DS.

PM me if interested.

I added some games today. One of them was Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia for the DS. It was suppose to go up to 40 coins but it only game me 30. :(

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I know that works. I'm more concerned with registering duplicate systems.[/QUOTE]

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480757

"You can only register one of each model of system on a single Club Nintendo account, but different colours seem to count as different models, so you can register multiple. otherwise, you will need to set up a new account attached via family linking to get coins for the second and subsequent systems."

[quote name='Batcave Dweller']You think too much, Strell. ;)[/quote]

This is far more true than I want it to be.

I haven't created apps for a Mac since...uh, the HyperCard days. Boy, do I feel old here. ;)

Myst was made in Hypercard, which is astounding.

[quote name='hashiriya1']I have a 3DS console code if someone wants to trade their codes for it since I already registered a 3DS.

PM me if interested.[/QUOTE]

You can register multiple 3DS's to one account.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I know that works. I'm more concerned with registering duplicate systems.[/QUOTE]

You can register duplicates across different family member accounts under one master account with no problem.

On one individual account, you can only register one of each "model" of Wii (for instance, you can't register two Mario Kart console bundles on one individual account, but you could register a Mario Kart console bundle and a NSMBW console bundle on one account).

[quote name='adamical']Anybody else get an invitation to a hands-on Wii U event?[/QUOTE]

Yep, got one here. (actually two, since they sent me an e-mail for Chicago for some reason...)

I find it odd that we havent heard of the year's current prizes yet. Usually they say it
either june 30th or the next day

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']I find it odd that we havent heard of the year's current prizes yet. Usually they say it
either june 30th or the next day[/QUOTE]

ditto

[quote name='TheLongshot']Yep, got one here. (actually two, since they sent me an e-mail for Chicago for some reason...)[/QUOTE]

When is the event in Chciago?

Question for those who have received the invites for the Wii U events. Do you have the city the event is happening listed in your mailing address or are you in a city close by.

I'm in the Toronto area (i'm guessing Toronto or Vancouver will be the Canadian cites if they happen), but my mailing address is an hour and a half drive away from Toronto. I'd be more then willing to drive a few hours to attend an event.
I'm just wondering if I should change my address to a Toronto one in hopes that I'd increase my chances of getting an invite.

[quote name='TheLongshot']Yep, got one here. (actually two, since they sent me an e-mail for Chicago for some reason...)[/QUOTE]

Yep, 2, 1 to Chicago and 1 to DC but

RSVP now to get hands-on with Wii U in Washington, DC.‏

both are the same code and they both point to DC Chicago at registration.

Damn... Chicago? That one's close enough I could possibly swing it - but I'll never get an invite because I'm about 7 hours away. :(

The "Game of the Weekend" program is featuring Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword™. For a limited time this precision sword-fighting game is available at a special price of $4.99. Offer is valid from 9 a.m. Pacific time on Friday, July 6, through 9 p.m. Pacific time on Sunday, July 8. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Supposed to be a fairly good game, like Punch-Out I think.

CN.png

Oh, man. Those cards look glorious. But that poster set... with Luigi's Mansion, Kid Icarus and Skyward Sword? There could be no better bundle.

Still leaning towards the cards though.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Oh, man. Those cards look glorious. But that poster set... with Luigi's Mansion, Kid Icarus and Skyward Sword? There could be no better bundle.

Still leaning towards the cards though.[/QUOTE]

I had to go with the playing cards myself. I figured they would look great displayed next to the Hanafuda cards. :)

Did they remove them from the website? I tried accepting the cards, but it just blanked out on me. Now I have an empty screen on one tab and the standard homepage on another.

Wow: really, really disappointed...

Are you supposed to choose just one of those things? I mean, maybe it it was all of them (for platinum) that might be OK. I have no use for posters though.

The site right now just says that the Elite announcement is coming soon - so maybe there's hope ;).

Huh, looks like they did take it down.

I'm only disappointed that we didn't get the pillow Japan got last year. Otherwise, it's free stuff so I'm not really going to complain.

Those prizes are pretty fucking weak. I mean...old games...that aren't even exclusive or unique. Give me a break.

The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask, Super Mario Kart. and Mario vs Donkey Kong: The Minis March Again were already prizes in the last few months......

I also have SO many poster sets from this rewards program. Zelda, Zelda 25th, Mario, and Donkey Kong... though I'd love that Kid Icarus poster..

Also, it is not clear- as platinum or gold, do you get to pick multiple items?

[quote name='HeroesNoMore']Huh, looks like they did take it down.

I'm only disappointed that we didn't get the pillow Japan got last year. Otherwise, it's free stuff so I'm not really going to complain.[/QUOTE]

I was expecting the pillow or the soundtracks... our prizes are usually similar to Japan's- with an american twist.

I was hoping for the soundtracks, but a different selection.

If those are really the prizes and we only get to choose one... then argh! I want both the cards and the posters. :(

If anyone is considering picking one of the games, I would totally gift both Majora's Mask and Mario Kart to someone in exchange for the posters... :D

Making a similar offer to UB, and also stating now that I'll want to buy at least two sets of cards and another calendar if anyone does want theirs.

Yeah those prizes are kinda weak this year. Why wont NoA give us the good stuff from the other branches? Like the SNES Classic Controller or the Golden Nunchuck?

Things I thought when I saw the Platinum/Gold prizes:

1. Wow.
2. Wow.
3. I feel kinda bad for those who paid money to buy codes.
4. I think I'll choose the playing cards.
5. Maybe the posters.
6. Probably the cards.

bread's done
Back