NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

skyward-sword-poster-1324012023.jpg

The gold on this promotional poster for Skyward Sword looks like it has the same golden foil as the Gold Wiimote special edition box and the slip art for the game itself. If the gold on the platinum prize Zelda poster is like that I think it would look awesome.

I don't know. If I had the choice between the cards and the pin set (which I cashed out all my points last year to get), I wouldn't know which one I'd choose.

The cards are made of a nice transparent plastic rather than paper.

I do think Nintendo may have made a big mistake in setting the bar so darn high with the Mario statue, Mario hat and Doc's Punch-Out in the previous years.

Disappointing, but I'll still happily take it. After all, it's not like Microsoft is giving us a Marcus Fenix statue, nor is Sony giving us a Ratchet statue. ;)

[quote name='b3b0p']but god damn, some people can't be pleased no matter what and don't appreciate what they do get.[/QUOTE]

ClubNintendo is ALL about giving Nintendo market research and not incentive to register games. Additionally when you consider what is required to platinum, it is not unreasonable to see people turned off by the prizes. While I rather have a better item (ala Japans), I think the games are what turns me off. When you consider they gave every 3DS buyer prior to the drop (including many who got both) got 20 games for free and platinum tier supporters could get 1 of 4 previously offered / extremely old games, well it's not hard to see why some people are less than thrilled.

However as I said in other threads, I suspect this crap year is due to too many platinum tier members. Like I said above, some people got the 3DS + 20 free games. Thats roughly 360 coins without counting a game, so getting platinum with that is hardly a feat. Thus I could see many people buying Kid Icarus, Starfox, Legend of Zelda and Mario 3D land for platinum.

[quote name='mitch079']I logged in to my Club Nintendo account, it said you are eligible, clicked the link - https://club.nintendo.com/elite-status-gifts.do
but all I'm seeing are the cards or the calendar on my account. Anyway, I think these prizes are a major disappointment. I always thought the point of the end of year reward was to give the members something that wouldn't normally be available.[/QUOTE]

This was my experience as well. I guess I'm getting the cards. Oh well.

Yep looks like I'm getting the cards. The posters aren't half bad, but those cards are NICE.

Edit: Kinda bummed out that the prizes aren't amazing, but I'm just happy its something I'll like.

[quote name='admiralvic']ClubNintendo is ALL about giving Nintendo market research and not incentive to register games. Additionally when you consider what is required to platinum, it is not unreasonable to see people turned off by the prizes. While I rather have a better item (ala Japans), I think the games are what turns me off. When you consider they gave every 3DS buyer prior to the drop (including many who got both) got 20 games for free and platinum tier supporters could get 1 of 4 previously offered / extremely old games, well it's not hard to see why some people are less than thrilled.

However as I said in other threads, I suspect this crap year is due to too many platinum tier members. Like I said above, some people got the 3DS + 20 free games. Thats roughly 360 coins without counting a game, so getting platinum with that is hardly a feat. Thus I could see many people buying Kid Icarus, Starfox, Legend of Zelda and Mario 3D land for platinum.[/QUOTE]

Has the 3DS ALWAYS been worth 160 coins? On my account it says I only got 40 coins for registering it o_O. I bought my 3DS the day OoT3D came out so it was definitely before the price drop. Why am I getting shafted with the coins? Can anyone else who bought the 3DS on Zelda's release or earlier tell me how many coins you got for it?

[quote name='samusaran226']Has the 3DS ALWAYS been worth 160 coins? On my account it says I only got 40 coins for registering it o_O. I bought my 3DS the day OoT3D came out so it was definitely before the price drop. Why am I getting shafted with the coins? Can anyone else who bought the 3DS on Zelda's release or earlier tell me how many coins you got for it?[/QUOTE]

IDK if it helps, but I registered mine June 28 and got 160 for the system and 40 for the system (not sure if it was a post play or what, both say "Coins Added - Nintendo 3DS System".

[quote name='b3b0p']Quit bitching.

yadda...yadda...yadda...

I'm not trying to play Sgt. Nintendo Defense Force, but god damn, some people can't be pleased no matter what and don't appreciate what they do get.[/QUOTE]

Read this....

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']I mean the prizes arent bad but it is just that 1. The download games were games already offered. 2. The games offered should be new ones 3. The prizes are not bad outside the digital ones, but when we see Japan get all the good stuff, it makes us wonder why and that it is unfair that we get casual stuff and they get awesome stuff like a Golden Nunchuck, The Super Mario Soundtrack, and other stuff like the SNES Classic Controller or the 8-bit Mario Pillow.[/QUOTE]

Which is exactly when I read posts like yours this 2nd quoted section is always what comes to mind for me when Club Nintendo comes up every year.

Why is it that NOJ & NOE treat their fans better (not a little, A LOT better) better prizes, give aways, some one mentioned Reggie needing to leave Nintendo if the last 10 years have proved anything this is 100% true.

It's time for Mr. Yamauchi and Howard Lincoln to come back out of retirement and show Reggie how it's done. The Nintendo of the past wouldn't treat it's fans like this and give them shoddy gifts as a thank you for the continued support of their most dedicated fans. Simple enough thinking I would think.

Looking back at the past, when Dragon Warrior 1 sold like crap, they took it and gave it away. To this day, getting a free game with a magazine subscription, was not lost on me and even though Nintendo took a massive hit financially, but the rewards it reaped long term, that says something a genius move by Howard Phillips or whomever thought of the idea (someone else Nintendo seriously could use back for PR and planning)

I personally was looking forward to the Mario pillow. (as per the last few years of getting the old JPN gift from their previous year) Guess I'll be hitting Strell up again this year, for something he wants and something I'd rather have instead.

[quote name='Strell']
But again, at the end of the day, I'm less worried about this, because I'd rather people sell me their rewards they clearly don't want, and I'll grab other things off eBay from other territories if I'm so inclined.[/QUOTE]

Expect a PM again soon buddy. ;)

[quote name='samusaran226']Has the 3DS ALWAYS been worth 160 coins? On my account it says I only got 40 coins for registering it o_O. I bought my 3DS the day OoT3D came out so it was definitely before the price drop. Why am I getting shafted with the coins? Can anyone else who bought the 3DS on Zelda's release or earlier tell me how many coins you got for it?[/QUOTE]

Same with my 3DS, only 40 coins. However I know that I haven't entered the pin that came with it. I only registered the system via it's serial #.
I'd try entering the Club Nintendo pin that came in the box again.

Strange. I made Platinum status this year on 06/14 - it shows in my coin history, but the prize page only shows that I had 520 coins and that I was only a Gold. Emailed nintendo to see if they could sort it out.

Just put in my order for the platinum cards! My annual holiday season spades tournament is gonna be off the chain this year!!! Thanks, Club Nintendo!

I already have a ton of poster sets, so I am leaning towards the cards- but I want the Kid Icarus poster... ugh... I will decide in a few days.

The 40 should be signing onto your club nintendo account via a 3DS. While I don't remember the time line perfectly (so I posted what I was 99% sure of), I do recall platinum being a joke. This was because I posted in the original threads how buying a 3DS was basically an instant platinum.

I believe all of the following were possible after the price drop (and were 100% possible before), though don't expect 100% accuracy.

3DS system - 160
Reged club nintendo via 3DS - 200
Excite Bike - 210
Pokedex - 220
Nintendo Video - 230
Netflix 3DS - 240
NES Games - 340 (gold)
SNES Games - 440
Member Survey - 450
Game 1 (max rewards) - 520
Game 2 (max rewards) - 590
then cap it off by buying a game off club nintendo or something - Platinum

Then you figure buying 1 game with max rewards was 70 (according to my list), so get 2 3DS games and platinum would only cost you 240 or 1 3DS and 2 games. Even without max rewards the games were worth 50, so you would only need to buy another game. However selecting 3 Nintendo games was pretty easy this year too...

Possible 3 games:

Kid Icarus Rising
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
Legend of Zelda 3D (since it came out RIGHT at the cusp of the year)
Star Fox 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
Return to Dreamland
Mass Attack
and many less notable titles or anything from the years past.

Naturally with all this I find it hard to believe the platinum pool was small. Infact the games might have been a way to avoid shipping all of the calendars LOL.

[quote name='b3b0p']If you don't agree, come up with a better solution...[/QUOTE]

Well, my personal solution I guess is just not going out of my way to ever reach Platinum again.

Theoretically a Platinum reward should entice people to spend more to reach the goal, but past Platinum rewards have left me no desire to go out of my way to do so. The only reason I got it this year was because of the 3DS with all those free Ambassador games, the free eShop apps, and SM3DL and MK7...didn't really have to try.

But if we got the same Platinum reward as Japan -- the SNES replica Classic Controller, the Game & Watch replica, the Dot Mario cushion, etc. -- it would be an incentive for me to make sure I reach that goal every year, by buying more Nintendo stuff.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Disappointing, but I'll still happily take it. After all, it's not like Microsoft is giving us a Marcus Fenix statue, nor is Sony giving us a Ratchet statue. ;)[/QUOTE]

True, but Sony and MS's reward programs are still more rewarding than Club Nintendo.

Sony's most recent incarnation of their rewards program, which ended awhile ago (hopefully to be replaced with one that isn't so difficult to navigate) shipped actual disc games each month to people who reached a certain point level by doing random pointless tasks on this website. I felt it was too much grinding for games I wasn't always very interested in, but at the end of the program they decided to ship every single person who had signed up -- whether they participated or not, like me -- a free copy of Uncharted 3 and LittleBigPlanet, on top of a Club Nintendo-esque cardboard trinket. I didn't even have to do anything, and they sent me two free triple-A disc games!

MS's rewards program gives you credits for doing surveys and things that you can use towards purchasing anything in the Xbox Marketplace, rather than limiting you to trinkets or a couple select games each month. You can use it towards any game on the marketplace, anytime. If Club Nintendo coins could be used towards any game on the eShop, I wouldn't even care about Gold/Platinum rewards.

The thing is that not every company offers rewards; they simply don't have to give us anything for enjoying their games. Nintendo's fiscal year ended on June 30th and they didn't bank as much as they have in previous years. And regardless of how we all feel about the lackluster prizes, we still receive something, which is better than nothing.

There's nothing we can say or do to change it, and we all know this ranting about how much the rewards suck will not deter us from trying to reach Platinum in 2013. You wouldn't abstain from sex forever because of a bad one night stand.

Well, I'm a little disappointed as I was really hoping for soundtracks this year as I have 2 platinum accounts to redeem. I won't complain too much though as I do feel overall Club Nintendo has stepped it up this year with the monthly game rewards and the awesome 3DS game holder. I love that thing and snagged 4 of them (2 for my kids and 2 for me).

I'll sit on things a bit before deciding what to opt for. I might go for 2 decks of cards and try to trade one for a soundtrack. Does anyone here have a Club Nintendo Japan account that would be willing to work something out?

[quote name='Blade']There's nothing we can say or do to change it, and we all know this ranting about how much the rewards suck will not deter us from trying to reach Platinum in 2013.[/QUOTE]

Won't deter you, maybe. I just said above that I probably won't ever hit Platinum again unless it happens accidentally like it did for me this year. The prizes from previous years leave me uninterested in trying, though at least the translucent card deck this year is slightly cooler than a pin set.

[quote name='Cheapskate']
Sony's most recent incarnation of their rewards program, which ended awhile ago (hopefully to be replaced with one that isn't so difficult to navigate) shipped actual disc games each month to people who reached a certain point level by doing random pointless tasks on this website. I felt it was too much grinding for games I wasn't always very interested in, but at the end of the program they decided to ship every single person who had signed up -- whether they participated or not, like me -- a free copy of Uncharted 3 and LittleBigPlanet, on top of a Club Nintendo-esque cardboard trinket. I didn't even have to do anything, and they sent me two free triple-A disc games![/QUOTE]

WTF!? I was part of the Playstation Rewards program and never got any such thing. All I ever got from them was an avatar reward. Oh, that's right - I did end up with a T-Shirt too when they ended the program. I thought that's all anyone got from it? Are we talking about the same thing even? :lol:

[quote name='io']WTF!? I was part of the Playstation Rewards program and never got any such thing. All I ever got from them was an avatar reward. Oh, that's right - I did end up with a T-Shirt too when they ended the program. I thought that's all anyone got from it? Are we talking about the same thing even? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Sounds suspiciously like Sony's mea culpa consolation from the hacking shenanigans, in which case, it's actually Lulz Sec who has the best rewards system of all...

[quote name='Cheapskate']It was this incarnation of it:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292275[/QUOTE]

Ah, right - that one that required you to sign up on some strange web site and do stuff there. I was thinking of the one that Sony ran more directly and all you had to do was play games and download videos from PSN to get points. That one was much more reasonable. I never felt right signing up for the second one so I never bothered - never knew they sent out actual games though.

[quote name='io']Ah, right - that one that required you to sign up on some strange web site and do stuff there. I was thinking of the one that Sony ran more directly and all you had to do was play games and download videos from PSN to get points. That one was much more reasonable. I never felt right signing up for the second one so I never bothered - never knew they sent out actual games though.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how you could say the HP one was unreasonable in ANY way. The first month PSN went down and they gave EVERYONE all 3 prizes and added another game, one of the months they delayed a prize and gave away Resistance collection and the last month they also gave away everything to everyone. Even without all the freebies, it asked for FAR less than Nintendo. To earn all 3 items, all you had to do was vote in 3 polls (answers didn't matter), make 3 posts, reply to 3 posts, comment on the sponsors post 3 times and upload 2 images a week for 3 weeks. When you consider the prize was worth roughly 60 dollars and there was no moderation... it was hardly a hassle.

Unreasonable simply in needing to sign up for some other (non-Sony, spammy looking) web site. Didn't you need to join some membership/enter CC info or something? Maybe I'm mixing it up with something else that required that. If it was that easy and had such great prizes, I wish it had been more widely discussed on CAG. Apparently I missed out.

I guess all that posting about sponsors and uploading images is what I didn't like. I remember looking into it at the beginning (obviously before all the prizes were given away) and thought that would be time consuming, and result in tons of spam and data collection on me and figured it wasn't worth it. In hindsight, given all they gave away, sure, I guess it was worth it. At the time, not so much. But still, to me, having to do stuff with sponsors and all that crap is asking way more than Club Nintendo where all you do is enter your own game codes and there is no advertizing/message board/image uploading nonsense to deal with. That just all seemed shady as shit when I first looked into it (why did they want you to do all this seeminly nonsensical stuff?).

Let me clarify - I also thought it was one of those referral sites where you had to click through and sign up for services and then cancel them before getting charged. It just smelled like that to me at first, anyway, so I stayed away. I guess I was wrong about that but I just can't stand having to deal with that sort of thing and usually the sites where you sign up and have to click certain things and fill out surveys (and aren't run by a specific company like Club Nintendo) lead to stuff like that.

[quote name='io']Unreasonable simply in needing to sign up for some other (non-Sony, spammy looking) web site. Didn't you need to join some membership/enter CC info or something? Maybe I'm mixing it up with something else that required that. If it was that easy and had such great prizes, I wish it had been more widely discussed on CAG. Apparently I missed out.

I guess all that posting about sponsors and uploading images is what I didn't like. I remember looking into it at the beginning (obviously before all the prizes were given away) and thought that would be time consuming, and result in tons of spam and data collection on me and figured it wasn't worth it. In hindsight, given all they gave away, sure, I guess it was worth it. At the time, not so much. But still, to me, having to do stuff with sponsors and all that crap is asking way more than Club Nintendo where all you do is enter your own game codes and there is no advertizing/message board/image uploading nonsense to deal with. That just all seemed shady as shit when I first looked into it (why did they want you to do all this seeminly nonsensical stuff?).

Let me clarify - I also thought it was one of those referral sites where you had to click through and sign up for services and then cancel them before getting charged. It just smelled like that to me at first, anyway, so I stayed away. I guess I was wrong about that but I just can't stand having to deal with that sort of thing and usually the sites where you sign up and have to click certain things and fill out surveys (and aren't run by a specific company like Club Nintendo) lead to stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

You had to apply for it and only a few got it. At first it was 2,000 and at the end 15,000. You didn't need to give any information past where you lived and really that only mattered if you wanted the prize. While the site was confusing, the site was referenced on the official Sony blog, so that shouldn't have been a question. Also the topic was HEAVILY discussed on CAG. I think the topic had over 100 pages over the year, so that should give you an idea.

I can see your point at it being more of a hassle, though I always think of doing those post play surveys and the redundant questions bother me. Having to put my age, type of gamer, etc was always a pain. Additionally I rarely have constructive things to say in the best or worst area, which I find more annoying than posting some topics on anything. Also thinking at the vast difference in cost to reward ratio, it makes Club Nintendo look like a waste of time.

Since the poker cards are made of plastic I suppose that makes them beer proof. I might have to hide these from my husband...

I got the cards too, didn't know what else to pick. The digital games aren't much of an incentive, IMO but a step in the right direction.

[quote name='admiralvic'] Additionally I rarely have constructive things to say in the best or worst area, which I find more annoying than posting some topics on anything. Also thinking at the vast difference in cost to reward ratio, it makes Club Nintendo look like a waste of time.[/QUOTE]

Put "N/A" down for every question - problem solved ;).

[quote name='admiralvic']I can see your point at it being more of a hassle, though I always think of doing those post play surveys and the redundant questions bother me. Having to put my age, type of gamer, etc was always a pain. Additionally I rarely have constructive things to say in the best or worst area, which I find more annoying than posting some topics on anything.[/QUOTE]

Those questions can be annoying for games that are merely average or mediocre, but when it comes to really great or really flawed games, I like having the opportunity to comment on it in a place where a representative of Nintendo might actually see it. Theoretically they do have someone (or some people) going through those things.

If I have any complaint about those surveys, its that the character restriction kept me from being able to say everything I wanted to say about Other M. ;-)

[quote name='Cheapskate']If I have any complaint about those surveys, its that the character restriction kept me from being able to say everything I wanted to say about Other M. ;-)[/QUOTE]

That's why there's the registration survey and post-play survey. You could also write a well thought out letter.

I wrote a well thought out letter. I never got a response, either.

[quote name='Teeg']Same with my 3DS, only 40 coins. However I know that I haven't entered the pin that came with it. I only registered the system via it's serial #.
I'd try entering the Club Nintendo pin that came in the box again.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='admiralvic']The 40 should be signing onto your club nintendo account via a 3DS. While I don't remember the time line perfectly (so I posted what I was 99% sure of), I do recall platinum being a joke. This was because I posted in the original threads how buying a 3DS was basically an instant platinum.

I believe all of the following were possible after the price drop (and were 100% possible before), though don't expect 100% accuracy.

3DS system - 160
Reged club nintendo via 3DS - 200
Excite Bike - 210
Pokedex - 220
Nintendo Video - 230
Netflix 3DS - 240
NES Games - 340 (gold)
SNES Games - 440
Member Survey - 450
Game 1 (max rewards) - 520
Game 2 (max rewards) - 590
then cap it off by buying a game off club nintendo or something - Platinum[/QUOTE]

*Facepalm* Don't know how I missed the actual slip with the Club Nintendo pin on it. I guess I never bothered to look through any of the manuals >.> (I noticed my AR cards are still sealed). Oh well, didn't need the points for this year's platinum and that's 160 towards this next one. Thanks for clearing this up for me. I might never have gone through my 3DS box again lol.

Okay...I can't claim my reward. I contacted Nintendo, and they said to try a different browser, which didn't work. I set up this family account, with A as the starting point that earned most of the coins, but that account is my ex's, and I'd rather not talk to that bitch to get access to it. I still have access to B and C accounts in the family, and I'm using those to try and redeem; do I have to use the main account? She doesn't even use it, but she changed the password just to be awful.

I shot off an email concerning the point values that were lowered more than what we were told and they replied stating they need to speak to me directly. I don't even know if it's worth the time anymore.

*edit
And
Rhythm Thief is also eligible for CN. Guess that isn't too surprising since other third party 3DS titles were also eligible.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dubldave']I may be interested in trading the cards for the statue from a few years ago, I'll know after I get the cards. :)[/QUOTE]

Anyone also willing to send me the statue? I can claim 2 prizes this year and tell them to send the cards and poster set to the trader.

I have a factory sealed statue from 2 years ago, and a Game and Watch: Ball- but I'm not letting them go cheap. PM if interested. Sorry to be off topic...

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I have a factory sealed statue from 2 years ago, and a Game and Watch: Ball- but I'm not letting them go cheap. PM if interested. Sorry to be off topic...[/QUOTE]

Check ebay for the going rates, I have the same, but when I checked not long ago, the completed items were going for pretty cheap. Not even close to enough for me to let mine go. Even though I think they both suck. The plastic statue more than anything.

So I'm going to the Nintendo gaming lounge right next to Comic Con to check out the WiiU tomorrow. I got invited because I was made Platinum for club Nintendo last year. As much as I agree with all the complainers here, I can't myself. At least they're trying.

I'm indifferent to the WiiU but maybe they'll give something nice for attending.

[quote name='Blade']Okay...I can't claim my reward. I contacted Nintendo, and they said to try a different browser, which didn't work. I set up this family account, with A as the starting point that earned most of the coins, but that account is my ex's, and I'd rather not talk to that bitch to get access to it. I still have access to B and C accounts in the family, and I'm using those to try and redeem; do I have to use the main account? She doesn't even use it, but she changed the password just to be awful.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, yes. You have to log-in to the master account. I had to do the same thing.

Meh, I redeemed for Majora's Mask. I wouldn't put the posts up and have no use for the cards. The calendar certainly would not get used so since I didn't already have MM, I went for it.

I have two accounts, and one hit platinum and one hit gold. I redeemed my platinum account for the cards. I also redeemed my gold account for Metroid II: The Return of Samus, which I traded for my best friend to redeem the posters for me! He was going to claim Metroid II: The Return of Samus anyway. Win win!

bread's done
Back