NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

[quote name='b3b0p']Check ebay for the going rates, I have the same, but when I checked not long ago, the completed items were going for pretty cheap. Not even close to enough for me to let mine go. Even though I think they both suck. The plastic statue more than anything.[/QUOTE]

The Game and Watch Ball goes for around $35-$60 and the Mario Statue goes for around $50-$75. Thats not too bad.

[quote name='Sway']Edited the wiki op to reflect Starship Defense replacing Elektroplankton Rec-Rec.[/QUOTE]

WTF!? I haven't gotten around to getting Elektroplankton Rec-Rec yet and really wanted that. I assume I had the whole month like always! Lesson learned - grab stuff right away...

On the other hand, Starship Defense looks pretty good. I better go get that now before they change their minds again!

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/starship-defense/critic-reviews

We really need to add dates to the games in the OP. For example, Mario Tennis expires the 22nd and even Starship Defense doesn't last all of July - it expires the 29th. I'll go ahead and add those in but a pox on whoever added Electroplankton and didn't put the date ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
Another tower defense game? That's not cool. On the bright side, we can look forward to seeing a few more games eligible as rewards each month. With the lower coin values for cheaper games, though, it definitely shortens the redemption period for the games we do want when they come out. :(

All the codes we added before the end of the club year expire at the end of October. Im assuming of this year , right?? We dont have "years" to do them anymore, correct???

[quote name='cheapbastard']All the codes we added before the end of the club year expire at the end of October. Im assuming of this year , right?? We dont have "years" to do them anymore, correct???[/QUOTE]

You mean the post-play surveys? Yeah, October.

And about the To-Dos, I never noticed this before but despite not showing the years it does appear that they are in order of when they need to be completed. In other words, all those October ones are up front, then I have some random old things showing in the Fall, a few next Spring, and a few in Oct/Nov again. So I assume those latter ones are actually good till at least next year - so that is sort of one way to tell if things need to be done this current club year or not. I guess I never noticed that before because I didn't have a lot ones I knew were short-term like I do now (from all my code entries in June).

[quote name='Sway']Updated the wiki for NSMB2 digital and cart intend to buy surveys.[/QUOTE]
We're getting full game downloads like the Japanese will? Awesome. :D

Yes! I was thinking I2B was done for or something. More free coins, yay!

Also, who the hell would buy both digital and physical versions of the game???

[quote name='Zmonkay']
Also, who the hell would buy both digital and physical versions of the game???[/QUOTE]

Digital = always with you.
Physical = always have a backup.

I'd do that with, say, Smash Bros and other multiplayer (local and online) games. Not so much single player.

[quote name='io']WTF!? I haven't gotten around to getting Elektroplankton Rec-Rec yet and really wanted that. I assume I had the whole month like always! Lesson learned - grab stuff right away...

On the other hand, Starship Defense looks pretty good. I better go get that now before they change their minds again!

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/starship-defense/critic-reviews

We really need to add dates to the games in the OP. For example, Mario Tennis expires the 22nd and even Starship Defense doesn't last all of July - it expires the 29th. I'll go ahead and add those in but a pox on whoever added Electroplankton and didn't put the date ;).[/QUOTE]

I actually paid for starship defense and have had a good bit of fun with it. The difficulty ramps up pretty fast, but it's well-done.

I believe it's by the same people that make the pixeljunk games.

That double coins promo is pretty fitting for NSMB2. But when I think about it, 50 additional coins doesn't add much outside of hitting Gold/Platinum. It'll also make it easier for someone to hit gold/platinum for 2013, which was speculated as being one of the reasons the platinum prizes this year were underwhelming. We're also pretty close to the release but have yet to see pre-orders for digital codes at whichever retailers are going to carry them.

damn, those 100 coins are tempting but i still want a physical copy. i'll have plenty of games to buy from nintendo this year to make up.

[quote name='Strell']Digital = always with you.
Physical = always have a backup.

I'd do that with, say, Smash Bros and other multiplayer (local and online) games. Not so much single player.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I'll be doing it for Animal Crossing. Looking forward to trading fruit and dainty furniture with you!

[quote name='Scobie']Indeed. I'll be doing it for Animal Crossing. Looking forward to trading fruit and dainty furniture with you![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Strell']I want dat pear furniture, you know it.[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to this. I had completely forgotten about AC. But it still isn't coming out any time soon, right? I really hope they add a little more to the game, though. I found myself playing each new version less. (ie, tons of hours on the GC, a fair amount on the DS, and barely at all on the Wii).

I went ahead and intended to buy both versions just in case Newegg decides to "accidentally" send the download card instead since I got the $10 off deal.
they're dicks like that and I wouldn't put it pas them.
I'd advise others to do the same.

Bonsai Barber is the new Wii game (until Aug 5) redeemable for 150 coins, replacing Mario Tennis. Gonna update the wiki.

[quote name='Sway']Bonsai Barber is the new Wii game (until Aug 5) redeemable for 150 coins, replacing Mario Tennis. Gonna update the wiki.[/QUOTE]

I watched the video on this...kinda look blah. I am thinking about just saving the coins. I was really hoping for F-ZERO X.

If anyone is looking for any cheap/great coints for a little money, Best Buy has Pilotwings Resort and Steel Diver for $4.99 as part of their sale this week. Both are worth 40 coins each, plus 10 post-play. 100 coins for $10 spent isn't awful...

[quote name='Zmonkay']Though the games arguably are...[/QUOTE]

So trade them in somewhere, get half your money back, and enjoy your coins for $5?

[quote name='Zmonkay']Though the games arguably are...[/QUOTE]

Come now, Pilotwings and Steel Diver were both OK. I found Steel Diver to be quite fun and played it to 100% completion. I wouldn't have paid $40 dollars for it, but with Amazon incentives at $25 it was an OK purchase for a launch title.

At $5? Give them both a shot.

Yeah, I'll grant you for 5 bucks not bad. I paid ~7 for pilotwings, and while it's pretty lame, I guess it's worth it to just dick around with. Steel Diver less so (after playing my friend's copy). Great way to get coins though, for sure.

Crap, I still have to pick my platinum reward before time runs out. I just forgot about it since I really don't care for anything their offering, but I'll be dam if I'm going to let them get away with sending me nothing :lol:

Any suggestions? One quick question, does anyone know if for the 3DS game redeems if they send you a code or what not? I currently don't have a 3DS but might get one down the line. So if it's a code I could hold onto it for down the line.

Pretty sure they send you a code through your club nintendo acct. At least that's what I received when I picked up Majora's Mask.

[quote name='Rollobobo']So any thoughts on Bonzai Barber?!? Anyone play it?[/QUOTE]

I've only previously heard of the game because its from the former Rare employee who led the Goldeneye 007 team. He left in the middle of Perfect Dark to take a job offer working with Nintendo on developing the Gamecube. Now he does small projects for them like Bonsai Barber.

Alright, I'm brand new to this Club Nintendo thing, and have a few questions. My 9yr old cousin had a lot of empty 3DS cases that I took (with codes that I am 99% sure are unused - also, long story on why the cases are empty, but I won't go there). After all said and done and including old Wii games that I have that I still have codes for, I have around 370 points (and an extra copy of Mario Kart DS that I need to figure out what to do with). I might have a code for my Wii if the very first version of the console had a code.

I guess the year ended so any codes entered now would go towards the unknown platinum prize next year, but if you reach platinum, do you get gold AND platinum rewards? Do I need to have a Wii/DS/3DS registered to be able to even register codes? What about surveys?

If possible, please PM me, I don't want to clutter the thread with stupid questions.

I'll answer it here. No, you do not get both of the gold and platinum prizes. You can pick either though if you are platinum. This year there were several prizes to pick from (playing cards and poster set that were platinum-only, then some game downloads and the usual calendar that were gold-level).

You do not need to have any system registered.

I'm not sure what your question about surveys is. You will get a post-play survey worth 10 coins for every game you enter - so add those to your 370 total. They have to be done within a few months so you'll have to count them for this club year (or lose them).

Oh ok. That kind of makes me not want to bother entering codes then. I read in the help section that registering a system unlocked surveys of some kind, and figured that meant the post play surveys. Maybe I'll wait until there's something in the rewards shop that's worth the effort (no interest in anything downloadable because I don't own a 3DS and don't use the Wii).

[quote name='Sway']Golf replaced Starship Defense as the 3DS game redeemable for 150 coins.[/QUOTE]

BARF!!!! I swaer its like Nintendo isn't even trying anymore...first Bonzai Barber and now this?!? Come on, give us something worthwhile Nintendo.

Well, it's good to know that my coins are safe for a while with this trend of undesirable games being offered...

*prays for Illusion of Gaia or Terranigma*

Pretty sure DS lites never counted for coins.

Just double checked and mine never netted me any coins and that was way back in nov 08

[quote name='xycury']Just a heads up but it looks like Kingdom Hearts 3d gives out some coins too, came with a code.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just cracked mine open and was pleasantly surprised, given that Theaterhythm didn't.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Why can't I find the NSMB2 Intend To Buy survey? Is it already gone?[/QUOTE]
Did you maybe begin to take the survey, but didn't complete it? Check the "For You (To-Dos)" list. I did that with the DL version and it is in my list with an expiration of Aug. 12.

bread's done
Back